Playing "FMT" in full fate game

Like many other PC FMT players I miss the ability to include custom (lower league) databases. Unfortunately my wish for that option will most likely not be granted any time soon.  I mainly wish to play teams from lower leagues, leading them to "dizzying heights". And unfortunately it then becomes easy to get jaded, since there are not many available options for that type of save. Of the 5 big leagues, only the english offer the chance to go lower than 3rd tier. Thus if I want a single-club save lower than tier 3, then the english league it is, which very much becomes roughly "the same save as last time". 

For support reasons I continously purchase the full fat version (with FMT included), even though it is 5 years since I made the switch fully to FMT.

I am reguarly considering going back to full fat to have the chance for additional leaguues. I am quickly dissuaded from that notion, since my preferred playstyle these days align better with the slimmed down version, without a lot of the "tedious" features with media, too much staff handling etc.

So if you are still reading this far....Have any of you FMT'ers experience in emulating the FMT feeling in the full fat version? I.e. letting the staff handle the majority of the non-FMT things.

Is it possible to do? and how good/useless is the AI at handling these things? Are you cripling yourself too much by delegating these things?

From a speed perspective, how would such a save compare in "speed to complete 1 season" with FMT? is it around the same time? 50% more? 100% more?

/caz

6 hours ago, caz said:

Like many other PC FMT players I miss the ability to include custom (lower league) databases. Unfortunately my wish for that option will most likely not be granted any time soon.  I mainly wish to play teams from lower leagues, leading them to "dizzying heights". And unfortunately it then becomes easy to get jaded, since there are not many available options for that type of save. Of the 5 big leagues, only the english offer the chance to go lower than 3rd tier. Thus if I want a single-club save lower than tier 3, then the english league it is, which very much becomes roughly "the same save as last time". 

For support reasons I continously purchase the full fat version (with FMT included), even though it is 5 years since I made the switch fully to FMT.

I am reguarly considering going back to full fat to have the chance for additional leaguues. I am quickly dissuaded from that notion, since my preferred playstyle these days align better with the slimmed down version, without a lot of the "tedious" features with media, too much staff handling etc.

So if you are still reading this far....Have any of you FMT'ers experience in emulating the FMT feeling in the full fat version? I.e. letting the staff handle the majority of the non-FMT things.

Is it possible to do? and how good/useless is the AI at handling these things? Are you cripling yourself too much by delegating these things?

From a speed perspective, how would such a save compare in "speed to complete 1 season" with FMT? is it around the same time? 50% more? 100% more?

/caz

I've actually tried to replicate the FMT feel in the full game but there are definitely limitations:

• FMT beats FM for speed hands down. While it may not be able to do a 1:1 comparison (given the additional youth teams, players and competitions in full FM), with a similar set up, I would say a season on FMT would take at least 1/3 of the time it would take on full FM. This is also dependent on how much you'd like to micromanage, handle press conferences etc.
  • I've tried delegating staff to the DoF in full FM and it's less than satisfactory. A lot of spots seem to remain open for a long time without being actively filled. I also find the DoF or Technical Director doesn't really balance coaching appointments too well. I've seen cases where I have 3 or 4 outstanding defensive coaches and he hires more defensive minded coaches while my attacking coaches could be improved.
  • The AM does a decent job of training though, so this works pretty well although you might want to adjust the schedule for specific weeks.
  • Press conferences are a lottery. Your AM could say something that damages morale.
  • Scouting is pretty good, if you're a big club. Scouts always find a decent range of players and you can request additional scouting for any interesting ones. If you're a smaller club, I've found that the scouts just don't handle the scouting budget well. At Dundee, my scouts blew my entire budget in 2 months and I wasn't able to assign scouts to gain additional knowledge on any players. Ruined that save.

TL;DR: Whenever I play full FM, I do feel I have to micromange as I'm not quite satisfied with the AI handling staff recruitment and press conferences. 

On 03/10/2020 at 06:19, rafaelbenitez said:

I've actually tried to replicate the FMT feel in the full game but there are definitely limitations:

• FMT beats FM for speed hands down. While it may not be able to do a 1:1 comparison (given the additional youth teams, players and competitions in full FM), with a similar set up, I would say a season on FMT would take at least 1/3 of the time it would take on full FM. This is also dependent on how much you'd like to micromanage, handle press conferences etc.
  • I've tried delegating staff to the DoF in full FM and it's less than satisfactory. A lot of spots seem to remain open for a long time without being actively filled. I also find the DoF or Technical Director doesn't really balance coaching appointments too well. I've seen cases where I have 3 or 4 outstanding defensive coaches and he hires more defensive minded coaches while my attacking coaches could be improved.
  • The AM does a decent job of training though, so this works pretty well although you might want to adjust the schedule for specific weeks.
  • Press conferences are a lottery. Your AM could say something that damages morale.
  • Scouting is pretty good, if you're a big club. Scouts always find a decent range of players and you can request additional scouting for any interesting ones. If you're a smaller club, I've found that the scouts just don't handle the scouting budget well. At Dundee, my scouts blew my entire budget in 2 months and I wasn't able to assign scouts to gain additional knowledge on any players. Ruined that save.

TL;DR: Whenever I play full FM, I do feel I have to micromange as I'm not quite satisfied with the AI handling staff recruitment and press conferences. 

I agree with everything said in here.