I need your help for this tactic

SK(d)

IWB(d)   CD(d)    NCB(d)    WB(a)

W(a)      BBM(s)  BWM(d)  WM(s)

AP(s)

TM(s)

I try this tactic because I want to overload left side,with left footed advanced playmaker,left footed wing back,left footed wide midfielder and agressive ball winning midfielder.As a result of this I want to see many pass options with these four players.On the other hand,right winger is fast,athletic central midfielder has a good composure(bbm).

In defense we are so bad.We conceded goals easily.We conceded goals from long range shots,many crosses.Folks,what are your ideas for conceding less goals?Are these roles and duties with one another?

2 hours ago, tamertunatt said:

My mentality is standard against for which teams are equal.My mentality is counter or defensive against for which teams are stronger than us

Changing the mentality alone will not help you become either more solid defensively or more dangerous in attack. Mentalities are not about that. 

2 hours ago, tamertunatt said:

Just more direct passing and offside trap

So your tactic looks like this:

TMsu

APsu

WMsu   BWMde   BBM    Wat

WBat   NCBde   CDde    IWBde

SKde

Balanced mentality - more direct passing in possession - nothing in transition - offside trap out of possession.

Correct or not?

29 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Changing the mentality alone will not help you become either more solid defensively or more dangerous in attack. Mentalities are not about that. 

So your tactic looks like this:

TMsu

APsu

WMsu   BWMde   BBM    Wat

WBat   NCBde   CDde    IWBde

SKde

Balanced mentality - more direct passing in possession - nothing in transition - offside trap out of possession.

Correct or not?

Yes it is correct.

4 hours ago, tamertunatt said:

Yes it is correct.

The first problem in your setup of roles and duties is a lack of central penetration, which logically makes the use of more direct passing less effective and pretty illogical. Can you explain why have you opted to play both the AP and TM on support duties? And what style of football do you want to play?

I use AP(S) because I want Ap to help to left side players and have triangles on left side.TM(s) headed crosses which made by WM(s),W(a) and WB(a).I think that we have a lack of penetration on left side.As a result of this I want to adjust a balanced interchanging forward partnership.(TM(s) and AP(s))

Actually I want to play mixed passing style,

4 minutes ago, tamertunatt said:

I use AP(S) because I want Ap to help to left side players and have triangles on left side.TM(s) headed crosses which made by WM(s),W(a) and WB(a).I think that we have a lack of penetration on left side.As a result of this I want to adjust a balanced interchanging forward partnership.(TM(s) and AP(s))

You seem to be using the "Rate my tactic" application, right? 

Because that kind of terminology is used there. 

6 minutes ago, tamertunatt said:

Actually I want to play mixed passing style

There is no such style. You can play patient possession football or progressive possession football or fast attacking football or counter-attacking football or passive defensive football or defensive possession football or even a hybrid style that combines some of these styles together. 

5 minutes ago, tamertunatt said:

Sir can you excuse me but which playing style is suitable for these roles and players?

I don't know your players, so I really cannot tell you what style of football would optimally suit your team. I don't even know which club you manage. Is it a top team or average mid-table team or underdog fighting against relegation? 

12 hours ago, tamertunatt said:

We are an underdog team

If you are an underdog team, then playing a more direct passing style probably makes sense (although there are underdogs that are able to play a short-passing game to some extent). But the problem that remains are some of your roles and duties. 

12 hours ago, tamertunatt said:

Meanwhile what are other missing  points for my tactic(4-4-1-1)?Would you like to explain,sir?

Can you post screenshots of your player's profiles, especially the front 2 (AP and TM)?

Honestly, I would not use the 442 formation with these players. Because only one of your CMs has good enough defensive attributes (Maksimovic), whereas the other one (Milojevic) looks useful only attacking-wise.

Instead, I would probably go with the flat 4141 and would play so-called "defensive possession" football. 

I also would not use Doumtsios as a target man with so poor bravery (only 9). 

Although this is probably a lower-level league in Greece, so attribute requirements may not be too high (compared to the first league). 

Thank you sir for your help.But Panionios are one of Greek top division team in FM20. My opinion is about Doumtsios that he has a good physical attributes and he played as a target man for us.One addition to this there are another important players' profiles in our team(I have taken these pictures from fmdataba.com again): https://fmdataba.com/images/profile/20-185610-thanasis-papageorgiou.jpg  (veteran right back) https://fmdataba.com/images/profile/20-186430-giannis-oikonomidis.jpg  (hot prospect like)  https://fmdataba.com/images/profile/20-180938-vasilis-rentzas.jpg (backup right back) https://fmdataba.com/images/profile/20-175981-giorgos-saramantas.jpg (first team left back)  https://fmdataba.com/images/profile/20-174741-giannis-papanikolaou.jpg  (another hot prospect)  https://fmdataba.com/images/profile/20-169664-panagiotis-korbos.jpg  (most talented player in our team) https://fmdataba.com/images/profile/20-162822-bachana-arabuli.jpg (he plays as a poacher for assistant manager's reports but I don't prefer him.)

Finally sir,I made a tactic after you had sent a message which was about to formation and playing style to me. Here is a screenshot(rate my tactic app)

Rate My Tactic - Opera 3.10.2020 22_30_06.png

Rate My Tactic - Opera 3.10.2020 22_30_51.png

Rate My Tactic - Opera 3.10.2020 22_31_17.png

Rate My Tactic - Opera 3.10.2020 22_31_30.png

Having managed this team in the past, i think you may be better with Arabuli as a pressing forward on attack, with Tsiloulis playing as an attacking left sided player, inside forward on attack is ideal.

Id drop the lines back a bit, but use these players to stretch the opposition on the break.

A tough job as Panionios as you start on -6 points, but youll have enough to stay up. Good luck

I would not use Rate my tactic.com. it actually does more bad than good for new players. I noticed that it ignores some of the most effective role combination in the game. For example it suggests that combos like fullback and winger on the flank or DLP (S) and CM on defend duty are not effective. So any advice you get from it I would take with a grain of salt. Also it does not take into effect all the factors like PPMs and some team instructions.

Edited by crusadertsar

Hey!

i like the idea with an overload on the left side but you will need someone who switches the play to the right again to your pacy winger. You can train that PPM for one of your MC.

you have some options for this style of play, the simplest should be a DLP in left MC and build some support combination around him. Than switch play and your winger scores the goal. 
your winger should then play a combination with your striker, he has to create the space with either dropping deep or going far forward (I had good results). The combination should be Wa and A/ PFa or Wa DLFa/s.
In my hearts (stuttering Hearts) thread I have some good results with a challenging underdog team and some different tactics (442 or 433).

You said you concede many goals. That’s something I also experienced with my 442. the 442 is a Good option to fill all the space on a pitch but is missing a defensive cover for longshots with some roles. It’s always a way of how to play more risk vs security. The MC combination of DLPs and MCd was too defensive for my likings, that’s why I often opt for twin supporters DLPs and MCs and try to score one goal more than the opposition.

I believe you have some good ideas. What about comparing your team to the others in the league. Check out Team Comparison and post some screens about your Defense/ Midfield and strikers. Then we can find a suiting style of play and how to fit it in any formation.

Edited by HanziZoloman

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Experienced Defender @HanziZoloman @crusadertsar @dazza11 @FMunderachiever I finished first season on my Panionios save and deleted it.After this event thought a new tactic for underdog teams.

G(D)

FB(S)   NCB(D)  CD(D)   FB(S)

WM(S) CM(S)  CM(D) WM(S)

AM(A) 

AF(A)

Team instructions:More direct passing,Play for set pieces,Be More Discipline,Counter,Regroup,Lower Defensive Line,Lower line of Engagement.Balanced

What are pros and cons this tactic?

Edited by tamertunatt

25 minutes ago, tamertunatt said:

G(D)

WM(S) CM(S)  CM(D) WM(S)

AM(A) 

AF(A)

Team instructions:More direct passing,Play for set pieces,Be More Discipline,Counter,Regroup,Lower Defensive Line,Lower line of Engagement.Balanced

Change the defensive line from lower into standard and remove be more disciplined. Not sure you need to play for set pieces either, unless you have a clear strategy how to make the most of them. 

You may also consider adding the Get stuck in team instruction, but be careful with it. 

Roles and duties look decent overall.

5 hours ago, tamertunatt said:

Hello @Experienced Defender @HanziZoloman @crusadertsar @dazza11 @FMunderachiever I finished first season on my Panionios save and deleted it.After this event thought a new tactic for underdog teams.

G(D)

WM(S) CM(S)  CM(D) WM(S)

AM(A) 

AF(A)

Like ED said. Give a try and report what you see.

If you play on the counter usually Wingers are a good idea, so maybe change one WMs to a Ws or even Wa. 
But first things first: A good tactic is a tactic that suits your players. Post some screens on team comparison goalies/ def/ mid/ at because then we can give better help.

IF you have the necessary forward available, I’d be tempted to switch the AMA to a target man... someone who can hold the ball up to allow your 3 midfield support players to join in as I’m not sure how much involvement the AMA will get. 
as per previous post I would def consider changing one wide player to a winger on the side you have the cmd. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everybody.I have started with a new career with Ankaragücü.I am managinig a Turkish Premier Division side team.My new tactic is 4-2-4 dm.

GK(D)

WB(Su)    CD(D)    CD(D)     WB(At)

BWM(Su) DLP(De)  

IW(Su)                                 AP(Su)

DLF(su)   PF(At)

Mentality:Standard

Team Instructions:In Possession:Play for set pieces,More Direct Passing,Higher Tempo

Transitions:Counter,Distribute to full backs

Out of Possession:Defend Narrower,Much more pressing,Lower Line of Engagement

Player Instruction:DMCL:decrease pressing,DL:Decrease pressing,DR:Decrease pressing.

I know that this tactic is incoherent because I told the team that they press urgently,however three of them decrease pressing in personal instruction.Otherwise we use two number ten(AP and DLF),Sadaev's traits and use two playmakers(AP and DLP) at the same time,when we try to pass more directly,to play higher tempo.

@HanziZoloman I tried to obey your recommendations.Hector Canteros,who is skillful,clever player,also who has a decent pace.I decided him in AML,Wilfried Moke,who is good at defending and passing,has decent mental features.I decided him im DMCL.Dever Orgill,who is a pacy and agressive striker.I think that he hasn't got a decent technique attributes,so he plays as a pressing forward.Tiago Pinto,my secret star.He is a good left back for underdogs,so he plays as a wing back(Attack)The hardest thing in this tactic,appoint a role for Zaur Sadaev.His personal traits are Comes Deep to Get Ball and Plays With Back To Goal so he is our DLF(su).

In conclusion I have used this tactic in last two matches,when we have faced with Kasımpaşa and Denizlispor.Both of them are in relegation zone.We have defeated both of them.(When I checked match perfomance confidence,I realized that our fans were satisfied because of creating many goal chances in these two matches.

What do you think about my latest tactic?

Edited by tamertunatt

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again.I started a new career in Belarussian second division.They are underdogs.When I made this tactic, @Rashidiwas my guide.(His latest guide FM21 for beginners.)When I appointed the roles and duties,utilized by players crucial attributes.Also I thought that players has got simple roles.(e.g.Left back- who was good at positioning,concentration,work rate,marking,tackling,speed-played as a full back(defend),Left midfielder-who was good at technique attributes-crossing,techinque,passing,first touch,dribbling,off the ball,work rate,concentration,speed,acceleration,agility-played as a winger(attack))

My tactic is low block,counter attack system

GK(D)

FB(D) NCB(D)  NCB(D)  FB(D)

W(A)   CM(D)    CM(S)   W(A)

SS(A)  

AF(A)

Team Instructions:Same as Route one play,(expect-lower defensive line,get stuck in,kick to target man) Transitions:Kick to opponent goal. @Experienced DefenderI asked a question in quickfire topic,but you said that open a new subject for this question.What are your opinions for this tactic?How should I appoint central midfielders' roles?

7 hours ago, tamertunatt said:

@Experienced DefenderI asked a question in quickfire topic,but you said that open a new subject for this question.What are your opinions for this tactic?How should I appoint central midfielders' roles?

Nothing wrong with your CM roles per se. I would be more worried about your flanks. 

17 hours ago, Saargamer said:

@tamertunatt

Can you please post the link for Rashidi's guide FM21 for beginners

Thank you

He published that guide in this site.He told something by his lower league career(England)Here is link,sir: 

12 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Nothing wrong with your CM roles per se. I would be more worried about your flanks. 

Yes,sir you are absolutely right.There are huge gaps between full backs and wide midfielders,but my full backs aren't good at offensive technique skills.Is it useful to use dm slot in this tactic?

GK(D)

FB(D)  NCB(D) NCB(D) FB(D)

DM(Su) DM(D)

W(A)                           W(A)

SS(A)

AF(A)

1 hour ago, tamertunatt said:

He published that guide in this site.He told something by his lower league career(England)Here is link,sir: 

Yes,sir you are absolutely right.There are huge gaps between full backs and wide midfielders,but my full backs aren't good at offensive technique skills.Is it useful to use dm slot in this tactic?

GK(D)

FB(D)  NCB(D) NCB(D) FB(D)

DM(Su) DM(D)

W(A)                           W(A)

SS(A)

AF(A)

I would say the problem is your fullbacks are on defend duty and your wingers are on attack duty, this will create a massive gap between the winger and the fullback.

I'd suggest if you want to keep attacking wingers to change the fullbacks to support, or change wingers to support and keep the fullbacks on defend.

6 minutes ago, lim said:

I would say the problem is your fullbacks are on defend duty and your wingers are on attack duty, this will create a massive gap between the winger and the fullback.

I'd suggest if you want to keep attacking wingers to change the fullbacks to support, or change wingers to support and keep the fullbacks on defend.

You are absolutely right sir.I will train my support role midfielder as a full back.I wouldn't rather winger(support) role front of full back(defend).But I appoint role less risky role(e.g. Full back(support)-get forward possible)As I train him as a full back,I will need another supporting midfielder(attack duty central midfielder(e.g.Central Midfielder(attack)-don't suit for this tactic,because of shadow striker.),but Idon't have one more supporting midfielder in our team.

Hello again.I haven't played Football Manager for six days and I came up with a new tactic.I realized that am a coward manager in defence.(A lot space between midfield-forward block)

Here is new tactic.

SK(D)

FB(Su) CD(D) NCB(D)  FB(Su)

DW(su) CM(D) CM(Su) DW(Su)

AF(A)   PF(Su)

Team Instructions In Attack:Narrow,Direct Passes,In Transition:Goalkeeper hit the ball opponent's goal,Play the ball quickly,In Defence:High Line of Engagement

Player Instruction : NCB:tackle harder,CD:ease off tackles,fewer risky passes,Full backs:Less taking shots,less cross the ball,cross from byline,dribble less,play the ball wider area CM(De):Tackle harder,fewer risky passes,dribble less,play with the ball wider area,CM(Su):More risky passes,DWs:Hit cross early,taking less shot,fewer risky passes,PF:Hold the ball,risky passes,dribble less,try to off the ball runs AF:Dribble more,fewer risky passes,shots more often,ease of tackles.

@Experienced Defenderhow do you find my new tactic?

Edited by tamertunatt

I haven't played Football Manager for six days and I came up with a new tactic

If you keep changing tactics all the time, you are hardly going to have any success. For one, your players will end up confused because you are not allowing them to familiarize themselves with any tactic. 

Hello,sir @Experienced Defenderagain.Is it logical to choose Mezzela(A) and Carrilero at the same time?Don't fury me sir,for choosing defensive mentality.

Mentality:Defensive Team Instructions:Hit cross early,shoot on sight,decrease tempo,counter,lower line of engagement,get stuck in   

SK(D)

FB(D)              CD(d)               NCB(d)    FB(D)

DLP(Su)

W(Su)           CAR(su)             MEZ(A)    WM(Su)

AF(A)

17 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

I would instead encourage you to test the tactic first. Maybe it works :thup:

Hello sir @Experienced Defenderagain.I have tried 4-1-4-1 (dm)tactic,but we failed.I am sorry but,I bother you.I want to learn something about this game.

My latest tactical try is so weird(No striker,keep the ball high up the pitch,defenders are so free) I think

Mentality:Defensive

SK(D)

FB(D)   CD(D)    NCB(D) CWB(Su)

DM(D) 

W(S)   CAR(Su)  CM(Su) IW(A)

AP(A)/AM(A)

Team Instructions:Possess the ball:Be More Expressive In Transition:None(I think that this is so weird)Maybe Counter Press(but this is so weird too) In defense:Standart line of engagement(Lower line of engagement-when we faced up top tier teams),more urgent pressing,narrow,stay on feet.

What are your opinion about this strikerless tactic?

Edited by tamertunatt

1 minute ago, Experienced Defender said:

Then I would strongly recommend you read great tactical guides and/or watch Youtube videos by greatest tactical gurus of this forum - Herne79, Rashidi and Cleon in the first place. 

Sir,thank you for advice,but I am not good at English,sorry.Youtube videos are very useful.

Hello again! Sir @Experienced Defender and @Justified I worked a new tactic and I care your thoughts about new tactic.(I made some research)

Mentality:Balanced/Positive

SK(d)

CWB(Su) CD(D) CD(D)      WB(Su)

WP(Su)  CM(Su) BWM(D)  IW(A)

AM(Su) 

P(A)

First question is that are these roles sensible and coherent one another?That is so weird but I didn't select any playing style.

Here is team instructions:In possesion:Shorter passing,narrow,lower tempo,pass into space,be more expressive.In transition:Regroup,hold shape.In defense:None If you find the roles are coherent one another we will edit a new playing style for these roles and mentality. 

5 minutes ago, tamertunatt said:

Hello again! Sir @Experienced Defender and @Justified I worked a new tactic and I care your thoughts about new tactic.(I made some research)

Mentality:Balanced/Positive

SK(d)

CWB(Su) CD(D) CD(D)      WB(Su)

WP(Su)  CM(Su) BWM(D)  IW(A)

AM(Su) 

P(A)

First question is that are these roles sensible and coherent one another?That is so weird but I didn't select any playing style.

Here is team instructions:In possesion:Shorter passing,narrow,lower tempo,pass into space,be more expressive.In transition:Regroup,hold shape.In defense:None If you find the roles are coherent one another we will edit a new playing style for these roles and mentality. 

I'm probably more worried about your team instructions. They're a bit of a mess. Shorter passing, lower tempo, pass into space? Makes no sense. What type of style of football are you trying to achieve? As in if you had to pick a pre-set style, which one would you go for?

3 minutes ago, Justified said:

I'm probably more worried about your team instructions. They're a bit of a mess. Shorter passing, lower tempo, pass into space? Makes no sense. What type of style of football are you trying to achieve? As in if you had to pick a pre-set style, which one would you go for?

Hello sir @Justifiedcan you explain what is wrong with these roles?What did I think wrong?Did I do illogical choices?I didn't determine any playing but I want to determine what we play on the pitch for these roles,duties and your thoughts.I will select the playing style what these roles can play together well.

2 minutes ago, tamertunatt said:

Hello sir @Justifiedcan you explain what is wrong with these roles?What did I think wrong?Did I do illogical choices?I didn't determine any playing but I want to determine what we play on the pitch for these roles,duties and your thoughts.I will select the playing style what these roles can play together well.

I can't really comment on the roles unless you let me know what type of football you want to play. They're linked. You can set up roles in a counter, attacking, possession etc way but if the instructions are the opposite then it won't work.

2 minutes ago, Justified said:

I can't really comment on the roles unless you let me know what type of football you want to play. They're linked. You can set up roles in a counter, attacking, possession etc way but if the instructions are the opposite then it won't work.

You are absoultely right sir.What is your ideal playing style for these roles and duties?(e.g. possesion,direct counter attack,wing play) I think that want to create a possession style.