Cheapest place to buy FM21 (with beta)

Coyh

Hello people I hope you are all well as can be expected in these crazy times. This post is pretty much as described in the title what is the cheapest place you have found to buy the game?

https://www.shopto.net/en/dwnld58827-football-manager-2021-p510778/

That is the cheapest I have found so far (with beta access) £25.85 can anyone beat that???

Edited by Coyh

8 hours ago, s0ni42 said:

Will it not be available through XBOX game pass?

Very unlikely to begin with.  The last couple of years, it's gone into Game Pass near the end of the season.  

And the beta is only available to those who pre-order, which isn't an option through Game Pass in any case.

On 28/09/2020 at 20:57, Coyh said:

Hello people I hope you are all well as can be expected in these crazy times. This post is pretty much as described in the title what is the cheapest place you have found to buy the game?

That is the cheapest I have found so far (with beta access) £25.85 can anyone beat that???

Bargain thank you 

• 5 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, tomzo_2 said:

Hi guys,

Have found a version on Shopto for £25 that includes the beta.  Any luck for less?

I'd be surprised if you found it cheaper from another Sega approved retailer. You may find it cheaper from a grey market reseller but you can't guarantee getting the beta that way. 

Edited by kevhamster
Corrected typo

9 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

Would definitely recommend shopto, used them last year for FM20 and have just ordered FM21 and received the key immediately

I'd second this.  Used Shopto for FM21, got the key immediately and the game is already in my Steam account for when release happens.

Same with 2game last year.

Both are Sega approved retailers, but shopto are definitely the cheapest by some margin this year.

33 minutes ago, rosque said:

Thirded!

First time using shopto but defo worth it!

I also pre-ordered Cyberpunk 2077 from them.  That now seems like not such a good move with the release date saga that's going through!

Edited by kevhamster

16 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Does the Shopto price include the beta? As I couldn’t see anything about the beta on the product listing

Yes.

Any Sega approved retailer will include the beta, but it's not something they mention specifically in the listing.

Silly question. But the listing everyone’s mentioned from shopto states EU-UK, needs steam etc for £25. 

also on shopto is a listing purely saying football manager 21 (no mention in title ref eu or eu-uk) an thats £35. 

what’s the difference? Read the listing but can’t see any mention why the big price difference. Is the £35 a physical copy maybe?

8 minutes ago, Mattias333 said:

Silly question. But the listing everyone’s mentioned from shopto states EU-UK, needs steam etc for £25. 

also on shopto is a listing purely saying football manager 21 (no mention in title ref eu or eu-uk) an thats £35. 

what’s the difference? Read the listing but can’t see any mention why the big price difference. Is the £35 a physical copy maybe?

This is what is putting me off buying from there

I have seen FM Scout & Sortitousti at £31.99, they're definitely English, neither are on the approved list.

1 minute ago, bigmattb28 said:

This is what is putting me off buying from there

I have seen FM Scout & Sortitousti at £31.99, they're definitely English, neither are on the approved list.

Agree. Bit of a worry. On shopto they have a EU version, a Eu-UK an then just plain fm21. All with drastically different prices but not a lot inside the ads to explain the differences. 

intrgued if anyone else has any theories. End of the day I just want the best price as money is tight lol

1 minute ago, Mattias333 said:

Agree. Bit of a worry. On shopto they have a EU version, a Eu-UK an then just plain fm21. All with drastically different prices but not a lot inside the ads to explain the differences. 

intrgued if anyone else has any theories. End of the day I just want the best price as money is tight lol

I'm concerned that the EU version won't work on our UK steam accounts, and won't unlock the beta.

As I say cheapest other than shopto I've seen is FM Scout and Sortitoutsi, but neither are on the approved list.

43 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

I'm concerned that the EU version won't work on our UK steam accounts, and won't unlock the beta.

As I say cheapest other than shopto I've seen is FM Scout and Sortitoutsi, but neither are on the approved list.

This is the link I've bought it from.  The Steam code worked for me and the game is in my library awaiting release (I'm in the UK).

It is very confusing. Id assume eu-uk would be ok over the obvious eu titled version. Just that full price, simply named fm21 listing that worries me. Everyone ordering seems happy so far. 

in fairness I never usually purchase fm straight away as I absolutely hated it a few fm’s ago when the match engine kept getting tweaked. I personally only tend to play 1 or 2 long term saves per fm an Everytime I got a tactic working well it get flipped on its head ruining my save until I could wrk something else out. Frustrating. But may get this one at release this time. 

2 minutes ago, rosque said:

It literally says EU-UK on the website

That wasn’t the point we were discussing really. More the fact that shopto has 3 listings. One stating EU in the title, one stating eu-uk an the other simply stating nothing. Each listing dramatically different prices too. Was just wondering why an what’s the difference between the eu-uk one an the simple fm21 one with no mention of uk or eu etc

5 minutes ago, rosque said:

image.png.f870dc1d721dd832b79ca2d74700cbfb.png

First one is Touch version only for only EU, second is normal game for EU and UK - both are digital. Third is hard copy.

See I got different when I checked earlier

FM21 EU £18 (roughly)

fm21 eu-uk £25.85

fm21 £32.85

8 minutes ago, rosque said:

image.png.f870dc1d721dd832b79ca2d74700cbfb.png

First one is Touch version only for only EU, second is normal game for EU and UK - both are digital. Third is hard copy.

Although now I’ve checked again it lists them as it does for you so the site must have glitched lol. 

however what’s the difference between the fm eu-uk an simply fm21 version. Why the price difference. (Maybe includes fm touch?)

I bought mine from CD Keys (https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/football-manager-2021-pc-eu-steam) which says it comes with the Beta, although like a t*t only realised it isn't on the approved list.

Fingers crossed I get access to the beta!

1 hour ago, Mattias333 said:

Although now I’ve checked again it lists them as it does for you so the site must have glitched lol. 

however what’s the difference between the fm eu-uk an simply fm21 version. Why the price difference. (Maybe includes fm touch?)

Rosque already answered this. You are heavily over-thinking it.

They are both the same game, both including the Touch version. The cheaper £25.85 is a digital version only (they give you a Steam code) hence the "instant delivery" and the more expensive is a hard copy, which I don't know if you'd get access to the beta as you won't get the game until official release date.

I purchased from Shopto for FM20 (which I had access to the beta on) and I've done the same for FM21 (digital version @ £25.85) and they sent me a code to put into Steam (I'm in the UK). Now it's sitting in my library waiting for beta/release (as well as FM Touch).

If you really need convincing, then hop onto Shopto's live chat and ask them.

1 hour ago, Mattias333 said:

I literally said what is the difference. One is digital, the other is physical.

2 hours ago, Mattias333 said:

That wasn’t the point we were discussing really. More the fact that shopto has 3 listings. One stating EU in the title, one stating eu-uk an the other simply stating nothing. Each listing dramatically different prices too. Was just wondering why an what’s the difference between the eu-uk one an the simple fm21 one with no mention of uk or eu etc

One of them (the cheapest one) is FM Touch only.

Not sure what the deal is with the with the other two.  Maybe one is UK and EU, and the most expensive one is for rest of the world?  It's not clear, I'll agree.  But anyone in the UK should be safe with this one: https://www.shopto.net/en/dwnld58827-football-manager-2021-p510778/

EDIT:  Just seen, others have answered.  The most expensive one is a physical disc-in-box copy.

Edited by kevhamster

8 minutes ago, simonbyrneno.4 said:

Did the beta release come through on the shopto orders for everyone?

Came through for me. And it should do, as Shopto is a Sega approved retailer. 

Be aware that FM Touch is not getting a beta version. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mutha Luva said:

Where is the cheapest now? I need to buy it for my nephew but it's more expensive than pre release

https://www.shopto.net/en/dwnld59871-football-manager-2021-p987324/ is still the cheapest place that I can see - and yes, it has gone up in price since release.  That is normal, as there's a discount for pre-ordering usually.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For anyone who doesn't have the game yet it's back in stock on Brighton's website for £20. Just purchased it myself.

https://shop.brightonandhovealbion.com/sale/sale/sale/2249_football-manager-2021.html?utm_source=FMJanSale&utm_medium=gam&utm_campaign=retail