LW Poor average ratings in 4141 DM Wide

I am in my 9th season with Valencia and have won 2 champions leagues, 4 La Ligas, 4 Copa Del Reys and plently more trophies of lesser importance.

For pretty much my whole career I played a 4-1-4-1 DM Wide. Initially I played a variation of the Control Possession tactic but has now evolved more into a Vert Tiki-Taka but the formation and player roles have stayed mostly the same.

However for pretty much all this time my left winger has struggled in terms of output and average ratings. Often times he has the lowest rating in my team on a matchday even if we are winning comfortable and the rest of the team is in the 7-8+ ratings he could be in 6.5-7.

He does get big chances every now and then but most of the times he misses. Currently half way through this season he has a 7.09 Average with 8 goals (4 Penalties) and 2 assists. Which is quite concerning to me considering his attributes are nothing short of sensational, he also has the green relishes big matches and yellow consistent performer traits. 

I used to have my LW as an Inside FW but recently Ive been messing around with Trequartista which ive used for half a season so far which doesnt seem to be working. I thought maybe it might be something to do with the roles around him and not necessarily his own role but I basically inverted my formation a couple of seasons ago and nothing has really changed. I had my mezzala on the right, BPD cover on the left and my CWB on the left previously.

Heres the current iteration of the formation and tactic im using.

1122472851_4141DMWidePositive.thumb.png.9d30797b4625a46b7d0f9ddbf1b95189.png

Heres a look at my right wingers ratings over the past few seasons.

104567117_RWvalencia.png.f10441e20a9691c99ea97144ff6fe36b.png

In contrast my last 3 starting LWs have all had around 7 average rating.

I'd guess he's not being isolated enough with a Mez and a WB-s nearby. The mez will drift to the channels, too close to the treq or even an IF cutting in. The WB-s will push up but not as aggressively or wide as a CWB-s. You're probably overloading that area and opening space for the RW.

15 minutes ago, afailed10 said:

I'd guess he's not being isolated enough with a Mez and a WB-s nearby. The mez will drift to the channels, too close to the treq or even an IF cutting in. The WB-s will push up but not as aggressively or wide as a CWB-s. You're probably overloading that area and opening space for the RW.

Thanks for the reply. Its strange because I used to have the mezzala on the right and the CWB on the left and still my RW was still the one flourishing. Anyways Im gona try playing a BBM instead of the MEZ and see if it helps. Maybe and extra man making forward runs through the centre will give the LW more space.

Edited by Deathmongrel

1 hour ago, Deathmongrel said:

104567117_RWvalencia.png.f10441e20a9691c99ea97144ff6fe36b.png

In contrast my last 3 starting LWs have all had around 7 average rating.

Around 7 average rating cannot be considered "poor" by any means. Therefore, it has more to do with your (unrealistic) expectations than the players themselves ;) 

1 hour ago, Deathmongrel said:

I am in my 9th season with Valencia and have won 2 champions leagues, 4 La Ligas, 4 Copa Del Reys and plently more trophies of lesser importance

Your results/achievements sound really good, and that's the only thing that really matters. Forget about trivial issues such as nominal ratings of certain players being lower than you'd like and instead focus on how your team play and tactic works as a whole :thup:

6 hours ago, afailed10 said:

Thanks again for the advice. Swapping my MEZ to BBM just sprung my team into their best form all season. We are ripping teams apart and my LW has an average rating of 8. The BBM is also scoring and so is my striker who was struggling all season.

3 hours ago, Deathmongrel said:

Thanks again for the advice. Swapping my MEZ to BBM just sprung my team into their best form all season. We are ripping teams apart and my LW has an average rating of 8. The BBM is also scoring and so is my striker who was struggling all season.

Glad to hear it helped but that's the thing in FM20 you need to keep watching and tweaking. Good luck