FM20 on Epic Store Megathread - Post your Questions/Answers here!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

so me and my friends have been playing a network save over the past week and everything was working fine. Everyone updated the game today to the newest version with the epic games news and now none of us can join the server or even find it in the server list on Join Online Games. When I try to invite through the friends list it just doesn't work at all even though we are friends on both epic and steam. 

Anyone know what's up? Thanks.

Hello! In this evening came an update that stopped my friend to connect to my online game. At online preferences it is set to let my friend to connect but i don't know what is it with epicgames.com account. I created an acount but next my friend cannot connect to the server. Why?

Edited by pancone

• JordanMilly changed the title to FM20 on Epic Store Megathread - Post your Questions/Answers here!

Pretty cool that the game is available for free on the epic store, but without the pre-game editor it's not much good to me. Any plans to either make it available for this version at some point or for FM21 on the epic store? If not then I'll just keep buying it on Steam.

I've run into some issues with the in-game editor, purchased through Epic.  Namely, it doesn't appear.  I've reloaded both the game and the launcher several times, but with the "Downloads" section greyed out in-game, I'm not sure how to find the editor.  I've contacted Epic support and they said everything is fine on their end and I should take it up with SI.  Any ideas?  Thanks for the help!

9 minutes ago, c28nole said:

I've run into some issues with the in-game editor, purchased through Epic.  Namely, it doesn't appear.  I've reloaded both the game and the launcher several times, but with the "Downloads" section greyed out in-game, I'm not sure how to find the editor.  I've contacted Epic support and they said everything is fine on their end and I should take it up with SI.  Any ideas?  Thanks for the help!

Same for me. Did everything to right way and when I clicked on the editor and then owed takes me to the library.

I lost all the save after update, but I found back some in my laptop but the game didn’t able to find and locate back.
I need start a new game to find out where the game load the save and copy and paste to get back my game.

Also I purchased the IGE with the game in steam and the IGE disappear and not able to show up again. 
Pls let me know what I can do.

5 minutes ago, JL94x4 said:

Does this mean future FM games will be exclusive to Epic store? I really hope not.

We’re delighted to announce that Football Manager 2020 is available right now on the Epic Games Store – as will future editions on a non-exclusive basis.

I cant figure out how to access the game data on the egs version so that I can add the game fix, where can i locate it? for reference it would be \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2020\data\database\db\2040\ on the  steam version

I want to make it take up less space on my computer.
Please patch so that the Steam version and Epic Store version can be installed in the same folder.
The Steam version is now installed in the'Football manager 2020' folder, and the Epic Store version is installed in the'FootballManger2020' folder.
In the case of PUBG, even if the platform is different, it can be installed in the same folder.

• Administrators

Pre-Game Editor is not available via Epic.

Also the In-Game Editor is not compatible with FM20 on Mac via the Epic Store and should not be available to purchase. We're working with Epic to make this clear via the Store Front. 

You will be able to request a refund on your purchase by using the 'Contact Us' button found at the bottom of this page - https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/epic-games-store-c73 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.  

Hey everyone!

Yesterday i got fm2020 from epic games but when i wanted to play in Multiplayer the game wrote an "error" message:

"A network connection required in order to play Football manager online.Please ensure that you are connected to the internet and that epic is online before"

While i started fm 20 , i got an epic games web with " It seems that you are trying to send request twice"

well the epic launcher is online (connected with internet) and i have internet connection too.

The question is how can i solve this problem? 

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Fridrich said:

Hey everyone!

Yesterday i got fm2020 from epic games but when i wanted to play in Multiplayer the game wrote an "error" message:

"A network connection required in order to play Football manager online.Please ensure that you are connected to the internet and that epic is online before"

While i started fm 20 , i got an epic games web with " It seems that you are trying to send request twice"

well the epic launcher is online (connected with internet) and i have internet connection too.

The question is how can i solve this problem? 

It's an issue we're aware of and are investigating, apologies for the inconvenience. 

Didn't play FM since 2013 version. Plan was to try this 2020 one for free with the Epic Game offer, then buy it in case of positive reception from my self. But without the pre-game editor beeing available its pointless, because big part of my previous entertainement experiences with FM came from the MASSIVE amount of changes and time spend at doing it. Too bad, seems my return on FM won't be for today ^^

Have fun to the others players and cheers to the SI team, may this license last as long football exist.