Budget adjustment illogical

The ability to freely adjust between transfer budget and payroll strikes me as illogical. I'm sure I'm not the only one to point this out, but if I spend $1 on a transfer, it is a one-time cost. But $1 spent on payroll recurs every year. One is a stock, the other a flow. 

I benefit from it, but I do always have to keep one eye on the finances of the club. My payroll has gone up four fold since I took over the club, as I sell players for a profit and keep moving the budget adjustment slider. I worry that this is only sustainable if I go deep into the CL every year. One of my main motivations for continuing the save is to see how long this financial balancing act can be sustained.

Anyway, I don't really have a broader point, just thought it worthy of discussion.

You will notice it’s not a one to one relationship between the two on a weekly wage budget. I believe it may be the annual cost of the wage added to the wage budget but have never checked the maths. 

equally I would believe that this has an impact on future transfer budgets for future seasons too (less funds for transfers as you are spending more on wages) 

1 hour ago, GuitarMan said:

You will notice it’s not a one to one relationship between the two on a weekly wage budget. I believe it may be the annual cost of the wage added to the wage budget but have never checked the maths. 

equally I would believe that this has an impact on future transfer budgets for future seasons too (less funds for transfers as you are spending more on wages) 

Money is one-to-one fungible between transfers and annual payroll. The only response I've seen by the board so far depends on the bank balance -- when it turns negative they reduce the amount of sales retained in transfers. (I had built a big balance from sales, and the board decided to build a new stadium, turning the financial balance negative. Then they cut the transfer retention to 30%. So essentially they are paying for the stadium using past and future future player sales.)