Will new leagues be added to Fm21?

Will SI add new leagues to FM21?

I know there are plenty of leagues to play in, but i would love to se some new ones. I know this is personal preference but for me i have no interest of coaching in Hong Kong and Asia etc. Idkn if SI adds the league where the game sells ok? I think i have read something about people "pushing" them to add f.ex Cyprus to the game, but that SI dont because sales are poor in Cyprus, is that correct?

I know people make leagues you can download and it works really fine, but it just "feels" a bit better when its made by the developers.. i know it wont happen but i would love if they added the 2 top divisions in Moldova, since i have a really soft spot for Sheriff Tiraspol and have managed them on the last 5 FM´s. But i cant do it from the start of the game since its made by someone in the community. 

I also really hope they add: Paraguay, Cyprus, Bolivia and maybe the UAE. 

I know it is some work, but the players are already in the game, the license for some of these leagues cant be that expansive(?) and f.ex the Moldovan system is already perfectly made by community member (i think he goes by the "Name" Riddler) 

What leagues would you guys love to see in FM21 and do you guys think they will add any new ones? 

Just to clarify- SI have always said that adding new leagues is a decision that will be based on having the necessary research facilities and also there being a recognised need for such leagues that will bring incremental sales.   There may also be license restrictions on some leagues, so it is not a straightforward decision.

57 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

It's all about what info they have available to them.

If for example they have all the info to do the Cyprus leagues, then they would. 

Not automatically. It'd depend on the licensing system involved for the league, if they'd be required to license it to include it, etc. There's a reason why FM isn't available to buy in Brazil (they'd have to either license or  remove the Brazilian leagues, clubs and players to do so), and so that'll play a part.

The biggest barrier is likely now that the editor is so reliable (compared to where it used to be) that someone in their bedroom focusing on a specific league can produce something just about as good as SI could, just at a lower fidelity.  It must be an enormous undertaking to bring in a league "properly" with all the licensing and level of detail that SI like to use, so why not just lean on the community?

53 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Japan will be soooo awesome. But probably not soon

Mainly because Konami (for PES) have the exclusive licence for the Japanese national team and leagues, and they're not going to let go of that any time soon.

26 минут назад, JordanMillward_1 сказал:

Mainly because Konami (for PES) have the exclusive licence for the Japanese national team and leagues, and they're not going to let go of that any time soon.

EA has exclusive license for EPL isn't? Or Zebre for example

Edited by Novem9

Thankfully, we have a wonderful community of skilled editors who regularly provide faithful recreations of many national leagues, with others providing graphics to complement them. It's a nice "get it up ye!" to those seeking to exclude others from enjoying access to certain leagues and national teams. 

As for the original question: I'd love the whole of South America to be available to manage in from the start. 

Normally I'd be a bit surprised if they couldn't add an extra league or too, but with Covid and the delays/impact its had across the industry ( and frankly, world) personally i think all bets are off, and we're doing well getting FM21 ostensibly coming out this side of christmas. Especially when the sport you're trying to simulate is itself massively disrupted