The Making of a Legend: The Mark Wilson Chronicles (Part Ten: Will Wilson enjoy a trip to the Theatre of Dreams)

mark wilson27

February 17th:

Napoli (a) Champs Cup First Knockout Rd 1st Leg

A real drab of a game for the fans in general with little action. The first half only saw the one real chance as Napoli piled forward but T.Franco managed to clear the ball with a brilliant challenge in the area.

The second half wasn't much better as neither my side or the Napoli side gave the fans anything to cheer about. It was more like a training game. Hopefully the second leg is a lot better

Napoli 0-0 Man Utd

K.Swaby, L.King (P.Lane), T.Franco, J.Smith, B.Oppong, D.Leonardi, K.Jardine, L.Guglielmi, A.Grossi (M.Khumalo), S.Pino, O.Scherbakov (J.Ashmeade)

February 23rd

Injury news sees A.Grossi out for around 2 months after tearing his hamstring during training

The end of the month sees us top of the table on 58pts some 8pts clear of second placed Tottenham.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

March 2037:

March 1st:

Man City (Wembley, London) EFL Cup Final

It took till the 23rd minute for the first real effort of the game as A.Garrido beat the offside trap and fired towards goal but K.Swaby saved well to deny him. Six minutes later we had our first chance as D.Leonardi crossed into the area but O.Scherbakov headed wide of the post. On the 33rd minute City were forced into a change as G.King came on for the injured L.Edwards who was hacked down by J.Smith. How he didn't get a red card I don't know. From the resulting free-kick L.Edwards scored. Six minutes later City had another chance to score as K.Gerland crossed into the area but T.Franco managed to block the effort. The half time whistle went and the City manager was far from impressed by the referee and was duly booked for his remonstrations.

The second half was ten minutes old when City came close again as a great team move saw my side ripped apart but K.Swaby saved the day. On the 63rd minute it was my sides turn to have a chance as D.Leonardi again crossed into the area but S.Pino volleyed high and wide of the post. Seven minutes later D.Leonardi stung the fingers of the keeper with a powerful strike. We starting to get a grip of the game and on the 84th minute we had another chance as O.Scherbakov tried his luck from distance but the keeper again denied him. With a minute remaining in the game we grabbed the equaliser as D.Leonardi hit a powerful free-kick into the top corner after O.Scherbakov was brought down on the way to goal.

The game went into extra time but in truth it was a waste of half an hour and the game went to the lottery of penalties.

G.King was first for City and hit it hard into the top corner (0-1)

O.Scherbakov was up for my side and he hit it low to the left of the keeper (1-1)

E.Aldonate was up for City and he beat K.Swaby to the bottom right (1-2)

K.Jardine stepped up confidently and hit the ball towards goal but R.Mesquita saved brilliantly (1-2)

B.Platt was up for City and hit towards goal with power but K.Swaby managed to save it well with his feet (1-2)

D.Leonardi walked up and hit with power to the right but he hit it too far right and out (1-2)

I.Etxabe was up for City and slotted in straight down the middle, meaning my next taker had to score (1-3)

L.King stepped up and hit the ball towards the top corner but R.Mesquita managed to get a finger tip on it and send it over to give City the win (1-3)

Man Utd 1-1 Man City D.Leonardi 89 / L.Edwards 33

Man Utd: K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith, B.Oppong (P.Lane), D.Leonardi, K.Jardine (capt), L.Guglielmi (M.Vandamme), M.Khumalo (A.Xhepa), S.Pino, O.Scherbakov

Man City: R.Mesquita, E.Aldonate, G.D'Angelo, A.Melnyk (I.Etxabe), K.Gerland, M.Cortes (capt), E.Goncalves, R.Graca (T.Sesar), A.Santos, L.Edwards (inj 33-G.King), A.Garrido (B.Platt)

March 4th:

Tottenham (h) (28/38)

The loss three days ago seemed to affect my players and on the 9th minute K.Szczudlowski volleyed in from close range to beat K.Swaby. Soon after they had another chance with a curling effort from the edge of the area but this time K.Swaby saved well. On the 28th minute they grabbed a second goal with a well struck effort from F.Mora which went into the top corner. Just before the break Spurs had another chance with a well worked team move which split the defence apart but the final effort was dire and went wide.

The second half saw my players reacting to my half time talk and we started to play the beautiful game and on the 59th minute we had the chance to reduce the difference with a low shot from S.Pino. Ten minutes later we finally grabbed a goal back as K.Jardine ran through the defence with ease and fired under the onrushing keeper. On the 76th minute we levelled the scores as B.Oppong headed in a L.Guglielmi corner after J.Ashmeade's initial effort was well saved. With three minutes remaining in the game we had the chance to grab the winner with M.Vandamme rattling the upright from ten yards. On the stroke of full time my side was reduced to ten men after L.King received a second yellow card. A real game of two halves

Man Utd 2-2 Tottenham K.Jardine 69, B.Oppong 76 / K.Szczudlowski 9, F.Mora 28

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith, B.Oppong, D.Leonardi, K.Jardine, L.Guglielmi, M.Khumalo (M.Vandamme), S.Pino (A.Xhepa), O.Scherbakov (J.Ashmeade)

Obviously with the sending off L.King will miss the next domestic match, I have also given him an official warning

March 7th:

Man City (a) (29/38)

City came out and started the stronger and on the 8th minute they came close with a well work team move which was thwarted by T.Franco's brilliant challenge. Soon after they had another chance to score with a thunderous effort which was tipped round the post by K.Swaby. On the 33rd minute we finally had our first chance of the game with a curling effort from L.Guglielmi which curled the wrong side of the post. Just before the break City had another chance as they broke through the defence but T.Franco managed to clear off the line.

The second half was ten minutes old when A.Xhepa tried his luck from outside the area but his effort went just over the crossbar. On the hour mark City came close again as they beat the offside trap but K.Swaby was on hand to block the effort. City were all over us and on the 78th minute another superbly timed challenge by T.Franco denied City. With two minutes remaining in the game we had the chancer to grab the winner but J.Ashmeade's effort was dire and went high, wide and generally far far away from the goal.

Man City 0-0 Man Utd

K.Swaby, T.Jarvis, T.Franco, J.Smith, B.Oppong, D.Leonardi, K.Jardine, L.Guglielmi, M.Khumalo (M.Vandamme), S.Pino (J.Ashmeade), O.Scherbakov (A.Xhepa)

March 11th:

Napoli (h) Champs Cup First Knockout Rd 2nd Leg (agg 0-0)

We began well and on the 8th minute we came close to taking the lead with a long range effort from O.Scherbakov which stung the keepers fingers. Six minutes later we had another chance as D.Leonardi curled the ball into the area but K.Jardine headed wide of the post. On the 20th minute though we conceded a silly goal as L.King tried to play the ball out of the area and E.Moya intercepted to fire in past K.Swaby. We responded well though as we piled on forward and just after the half hour A.Xhepa hit home from twenty yards to give the keeper no chance of saving. Just before the break though we came close to going behind but K.Swaby saved brilliantly to deny them.

The second half saw my side piling on the pressure but on the hour mark I was forced into a change as O.Scherbakov picked up a head injury and was replaced by J.Ashmeade. On the 68th minute we grabbed a deserved lead as A.De Russis launched the ball up field and M.Vandamme volleyed into the top corner much to the delight of the home fans. My side carried on pressing forward but with five minutes remaining in the game Napoli equalised with A.Ammari slotting in from the edge of the area to send Napoli through on the away goal rule.

Man Utd 2-2 Napoli A.Xhepa 31, M.Vandamme 68 / E.Moya 20, A.Ammari 85

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith (A.De Russis), P.Lane, A.Xhepa, L.Guglielmi, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, K.Jardine (M.Khumalo), O.Scherbakov (inj 60-J.Ashmeade)

The injury news on O.Scherbakov sees him out of action for around 3 weeks due to dislocating his jaw.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the lack of delays, moved house and only just got home internet set up

March 14th:

Stoke (h) (30/38)

The perfect start saw us taking the lead in the 3rd minute we J.Ashmeade ran onto a P.Lane through-ball and fired with pace under the Stoke keeper. Soon after we had another chance to score with a thunderous effort from L.Guglielmi which about took the hands off the keeper. On the 24th minute minute Stoke gave us alittle warning with a well worked team move which saw them piling into the defence but K.Swaby was alert enough to block the effort. However five minutes later we made it two nil as K.Jardine hit home a free-kick from twenty five yards after A.Xhepa was brought down. It was just one way traffic and we carried on the pressure till half time but without adding to our tally.

The second half saw my players drop a gear and it showed as Stoke piled forward more and on the 57th minute they had the chance to pull a goal back but A.De Russis managed to clear off the line after K.Swaby had flapped at the ball. On the 73rd minute though Stoke pulled a goal back as J.Serrano jinked through my defence with far too much ease and fired under K.Swaby who was having a poor game. Luckily for us we regained our two goal advantage with seven minutes remaining as L.Guglielmi capped what was an excellent game for him with a curling effort into the top corner to secure us the three points. However I wasn't best pleased with the final forty five minutes and let my players know

Man Utd 3-0 Stoke J.Ashmeade 3, K.Jardine 29, L.Guglielmi 83 / J.Serrano 73

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco (A.De Russis), J.Smith, P.Lane, A.Xhepa, L.Guglielmi S.Pino, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, K.Jardine (M.Potts), J.Ashmeade

March 21st:

Arsenal (a) (31/38)

Two minutes into the game we conceded a dumb ass goal as L.Ndiaye slotted in a low ball after K.Swaby screwed up a simple back-pass. Soon after Arsenal came close to another goal with a thunderous effort which was saved by K.Swaby. On the 29th minute Arsenal had yet another chance to score with a low shot which went just wide of the post. With nine minutes remaining in the half Arsenal were reduced to ten men after M.Nieuwenburg after receiving a second yellow card in a short time.

The second half was a different story as we started to take advantage of the numeral difference and on the 53rd minute we had our chance to score with J.Ashmeade jinking through the defence and firing towards goal but the keeper saved well. On the 67th minute we came close with a low shot from K.Jardine curling the ball into the area but M.Vandamme headed wide of the post.. Twelve minutes later P.Lane ran down the wing and and crossed into the area but J.Ashmeade volleyed straight into the keepers arms. With two minutes remaining in the game we finally got the equaliser as K.Jardine ran onto a D.Leonardi through-ball and slotted in under the onrushing keeper to silence the home crowd.

Arsenal 1-1 Man Utd L.Ndiaye 2 / K.Jardine 88

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, J,.Smith (A.De Russis), P.Lane, A.Xhepa, L.Guglielmi (S.Pino), D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, K.Jardine, J.Ashmeade

The end of the month sees us still top of the table some 7pts clear of Sunderland with seven games remaining in the season.

April 2037:

April 11th:

Liverpool (h) (32/38)

Liverpool started the stronger and it wasn't long till they came close to scoring with a powerful low effort which T.Franco blocked on the line. On the 11th minute they had another chance with a well worked team move which again T.Franco stopped with a thunderous challenge. Eight minutes later K.Swaby was the hero as he managed to get a fingertip on a long range effort to tip it over the crossbar. On the 21st minute though we managed to grab the lead with our first effort as J.Ashmeade smashed home a L.King punt up field to send the Old Trafford crowd mental. Twelve minutes later though Liverpool had a goal ruled out for offside when in truth it looked like the player was on. (Thank god VAR wasn't around).

The second half was ten minutes old when we had the first chance with D.Leonardi crossing into the area but J.Ashmeade headed wide of the post when it was easier to score. On the 66th minute Liverpool had their first effort as they broke through the defence but T.Franco was on hand to end the move. With eleven minutes remaining in the game Liverpool had yet another chance to score as they beat the offside trap but their finishing was as bad as my sides offside trap. On the 85th minute we had the chance to kill the game as M.Potts was brought down in the area, D.Leonardi stepped up and blasted the penalty high and wide of the goal, however luckily for us Liverpool never came close to in the final five minutes and we got an undeserved three points

Man Utd 1-0 Liverpool J.Ashmeade 21

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith, P.Lane, A.Xhepa, L.Guglielmi, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, K.Jardine, J.Ashmeade (M.Potts)

April 18th:

Watford (a) (33/38)

We performed a lot better in this game than in the previous game and on the 11th minute we took the lead as K.Jardine ran through the Watford defence with ease and fired under the keeper. Ten minutes later it was D.Leonardi's turn as he beat the offside trap but the end result saw the upright being hit. On the half hour we had our next chance with M.Potts firing straight at the keeper when it was easier to score. On the stroke of half time we grabbed the goal we deserved as L.Guglielmi jinked into the area unmarked and headed home a D.Leonardi cross.

The second half saw us continuing to dominate without really challenging the Watford defence and it took till the 70th minute for us to grab the third and final goal as D.Leonardi ran onto a M.Khumalo through-ball to round the keeper and fire into the empty net to cap off a fine performance by himself and the side. A hundred times better than the previous game

Watford 0-3 Man Utd K.Jardine 11, L.Guglielmi 45+1, D.Leonardi 70

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith (A.De Russis), P.Lane, A.Xhepa, L.Guglielmi, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, K.Jardine (M.Khumalo), M.Potts (O.Scherbakov)

April 26th:

Leicester (h) (34/38)

Leicester were the better side from the get go and dominated the play. It took them till the 18th minute for the first effort as they made light work of my defence but luckily for us K.Swaby saved brilliantly to deny them. Twelve minutes later my keeper was on hand again to save the defence after some woeful defending. It was one way traffic and on the stroke of half time K.Swaby blocked a long range effort to earn the applause of the Old Trafford faithful.

The second half was again all Leicester despite my half time chat and on the 57th minute K.Swaby somehow managed to save a curling effort despite being unsighted. Ten minutes later A.De Russis was the hero as Leicester broke into the area with a great team move but he threw his body into the save. On the 87th minute Leicester were awarded a penalty after P.Lane fouled just inside the area but K.Swaby guessed right and tipped the penalty round the post. A poor performance with only one player actually earning his wages for the match,

Man Utd 0-0 Leicester

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith (A.De Russis), P.Lane, A.Xhepa, L.Guglielmi, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, K.Jardine (M.Khumalo), M.Potts (J.Ashmeade)

The end of the month saw my side on the brink of the title with an eight point lead over Crystal Palace with twelve points left to play for. We are now guaranteed a Champions Cup spot for next year.

May 2037:

May 1st:

The start of the month sees L.Guglielmi picking up the Premier Division Young Player of the Month Award after scoring one goal in three games and earning a rating of 7.40

May 2nd:

Crystal Palace (a) (35/38)

It was first versus second and a good result our way could virtually hand us the title. However I was alittle worried as we have been very consistent at being inconsistent. My worries were squashed though on the 6th minute as a K.Jardine corner was headed in by J.Smith after J.Ashmeade's initial effort was well saved. It then took till the 34th minute for the next effort as M.Vandamme threaded the ball to the feet of D.Leonardi who lashed it wide of the post.

The second half was all my side as we pressed the Palace side and on the 64th minute A.Grossi came close with a powerful strike which stung the fingers of the keeper. Ten minutes later A.Xhepa headed straight into the keepers arms when he really should have scored. On the 78th we grabbed the killer goal as it was J.Smith who showed the rest of the team how to score with another thunderous header this time from L.Guglielmi free-kick. With two minutes remaining in the game we did have a score as Palace split my defence with far too much ease but K.Swaby was alert enough to deny them any chance of a comeback. The result leaves the title all in my sides hand and a positive result in the game could see the title heading to Old Trafford.

Crystal Palace 0-2 Man Utd J.Smith 6, 78

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith, P.Lane, A.Xhepa, L.Guglielmi, D.Leonardi,M.Vandamme, K.Jardine, J.Ashmeade (A.Grossi)

May 9th:

Southampton (h) (36/38)

We started strongly with my side piling on the forward pressure and on the 12th minute we came close to taking the lead as J.Ashmeade rattled the underside of the crossbar. Seven minutes later we had another chance to score with K.Jardine crossing into the area but .J.Ashmeade headed wide of the post. We were controlling the game but on the 35th minute one lapse of concentration nearly cost us as J.Smith was adjudged to have fouled in the area after some woeful play. F.Salvertierra stepped up for the penalty but K.Swaby managed to block the penalty.

The second half was much the same as we carried on the forward pressure and on the 59th minute A.Grossi sliced a simple volley from L.Guglielmi wide of the post. Nine minutes later we finally broke the deadlock as A.Xhepa showed the strikers how to do it with a thunderous effort from just inside the area. On the 76th minute we had our next chance to score as A.Grossi ran onto a through-ball and yet again fluffed the effort wide of the post. With two minutes remaining in the game Southampton came very close to equalising with a brilliant team move which was thwarted by K.Swaby.

Man Utd 1-0 Southampton A.Xhepa 68

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith, P.Lane, A.Xhepa, L.Guglielmi, D.Leonardi,M.Vandamme, K.Jardine, J.Ashmeade (A.Grossi)

With the victory and other results going our way we have won the English Premier Division, however I wanted to win the remaining two game so I told the players to enjoy the moment but not too much and let finish the season with two more wins

May 16th:

Brighton (a) (37/38)

The penultimate game of the season and we were by far the better side. On the 12th minute we had our first chance of the game with a rasping effort from J.Ashmeade which stung the fingers of the Brighton keeper. Six minutes later it was L.Guglielmi's chance to score with a low shot which was thwarted by the keeper. We were all over the Brighton defence and on the 20th minute we finally broke the deadlock with a thunderous effort from M.Vandamme which crashed in off the crossbar. Soon after we had another chance as D.Leonardi crossed into the area but M.Vandamme headed wide of the post. With eight minutes remaining in the half we grabbed goal number two as J.Ashmeade ran onto a M.Khumalo through-ball and slotted in under the keeper.

The second half was all my side again as Brighton just sat back and took it. On the 58th minute A.Grossi had his first chance of the game with a low shot which had the keeper scrambling along his line to block. Ten minutes later A.Grossi had another chance as L.Guglielmi saw the keeper off his line but his cheeky lob nestled on the top of the net instead of inside. Brighton weren't getting near the ball but we just couldn't get past a very stubborn defence

Brighton 0-2 Man Utd M.Vandamme 20, J.Ashmeade 37

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith (A.De Russis), P.Lane, A.Xhepa, L.Guglielmi, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, M.Khumalo (K.Jardine), J.Ashmeade (A.Grossi)

May 24th:

Sunderland (h) (38/38)

The final game of the season and with the title well and truly in the bag I made a few changes to the side. One such change made an immediate difference as O.Scherbakov ran through the defence with real ease and fired under the Sunderland keeper. Twelve minutes later we had another chance to score as S.Pino tried his luck from outside the area but the Sunderland keeper was on hand to tip the effort round the post. Just before the half hour we had our next chance as Sunderland's keeper fluffed a clearance but M.Khumalo's returned effort was high and wide.

The second half though was a different story as within a couple of minutes of the restart Sunderland equalised as M.Joosten failed to cover his near post and L.Davies fired in. Soon after they had another chance but T.Franco was on hand to block the effort off the line. On the 67th minute we had the chance to retake the lead as M.Potts played a one two with O.Scherbakov but the effort went just wide of the post. With ten minutes remaining in the game Sunderland had their next chance as they broke through the defence with real ease but M.Joosten made up for his earlier effort with a brave stop. However deep into injury time the winner was scored as M.Joosten stood no chance with a curling long range effort from L.Davies to give Sunderland all three points.

Man Utd 1-2 Sunderland O.Scherbakov 3 / L.Davies 47, 90+2

M.Joosten, T.Jarvis (L.King), T.Franco, A.De Russis, B.Oppong, A.Xhepa, S.Pino, D.Leonardi, A.Grossi (M.Vandamme), M.Khumalo (M.Potts), O.Scherbakov

May 25th:

As the normal the End of Season Awards sees D.Leonardi pick up the English Players' Player of the Year Award after scoring eleven goals in thirty eight game, and earning an average rating of 7.46

K.Swaby has earnt himself the English Premier Division Golden Glove Award with eighteen clean sheets on thirty three games. He also got an average rating of 7.02

The Players' Team of the Year saw K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, P.Lane, D.Leonardi, A.Xhepa and L.Guglielmi all named in the starting eleven

May 29th:

The clubs End of Season awards were as follows:

Fans' Player of the Season: T.Franco (34%)

Signing of the Season: O.Scherbakov (£39,140,000 from Shakhtar)

Young Player of the Season: T.Franco

Top Goalscorer: K.Jardine (19)

Highest Average Rating: T.Franco (7.47)

Most Player of the Match Awards: K.Jardine & A.Xhepa (7)

Most Yellow Cards: L.King (12)

Most Red Cards: L.King (1)

After the club awards it was announced that the club will be expanding the stadium by some 3,650 seats, which has been estimated to take around 3 months to complete. After the work has been completed the ground will have a capacity of around 95,285

June 2037:

The end of season finished as follows:

1st: Man Utd (80pts) (Champions) (Champions Cup)

2nd: Sunderland (75) (Champions Cup)

3rd: Man City (66) (Champions Cup)

4th: Crystal Palace (66) (Champions Cup)

5th: Tottenham (64) (EURO Cup)

6th: Chelsea (63) (Champions Cup)

7th: Leicester (62) (EURO Cup)

8th: Swansea (61)

9th: Arsenal (59)

10th: Hull (55)

11th: Everton (54)

12th: Liverpool (52)

13th: Derby (50)

14th: Brighton (47)

15th: Watford (43)

16th: Stoke (37)

17th: Burnley (36) (EURO Cup)

18th: Southampton (Relegated)

19th: Reading (Relegated)

20th: Ipswich (Relegated)

Season Twenty Two (2037/38)

July 2037:

July 4th:

No rest for the wicked as they say as we started the preseason with a trip to America to face NY Cosmos who we duly despatched 4-0 thanks to goals from L.Guglielmi, A.Xhepa, M.Vandamme and M.Potts

July 6th:

We next faced Toronto FC who we laboured against to earn a 2-1 win thanks to goals from M.Vandamme and A.Grossi

July 8th:

The games were coming thick and fast and we next faced Seattle who put aside two nil thanks to an own goal and a wonderful strike from M.Khumalo

July 10th:

Next to the sword was Fort Lauderdale who we beat 3-0 thanks to a penalty a piece from D.Leonardi and A.Xhepa, the other goal came from O.Scherbakov

July 15th:

We were now back in sunny England were we faced my local side Matlock Town who we beat 4-0 thanks to a brace from M.Vandamme and a goal piece from K.Jardine and A.Xhepa. We did however miss two penalties during the game

July 18th:

Up next was a friendly against Napoli and we managed to beat them this time 4-1 thanks to goals from A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi and a brace from A.Grossi. Shame we couldn't do that when it mattered

July 21st:

The busy preseason continued as we faced AS Monaco and it turned out to be a one man show as O.Scherbakov grabbed himself the perfect hat-trick, with a header, left foot and right foot goal.

July 24th:

The odds for the new Premier Division season have been released and we have been made 9-4 favourites to lift the title with Man City next at 5-2.

We also faced a friendly with Scottish side Rangers who we beat after a late comeback 3-1 thanks to goals from M.Potts, O.Scherbakov and an Own Goal

August 2037:

August 3rd:

Before the Community Shield I was asked to choose my Captains for the forthcoming season. I have chosen K.Jardine as my Captain and L.King as my Vice Captain

Burnley (Wembley, London) Community Shield

The first game of the season sees us facing Burnley in the Community Shield and we had the first chance to score as J.Ashmeade was brought down in the area by A.Smith, D.Leonardi stepped up for the penalty and fired towards goal but M.Gul saved well to deny him. On the 25th minute Burnley had the chance to take the lead as A.Watson ran through my side with ease but T.Franco tracked back and timed his challenge brilliantly to deny him. Ten minutes later it was my sides chance to score as J.Ashmeade rattled the crossbar from twenty yards after spotting M.Gul off his line.

The second half was much the same as both my side and the Burnley side piled on the pressure and on the 58th minute Burnley had the first chance of the half with a well struck effort from R.Gil which stung the fingers of K.Swaby. Seven minutes later O.Scherbakov came close to breaking the deadlock but M.Gul blocked well to stop the attack. On the 73rd minute the deadlock was finally broken as D.Leonardi jinked through the defence with real ease and wasted no time in rounding the keeper and slotting into the empty net. With nine minutes remaining in the game though Burnley had the chance to equalise as A.Agnew was brought down the in area, A.Watson stepped up and fired the penalty wide of K.Swaby's post.

Man Utd 1-0 Burnley D.Leonardi 73

Man Utd: K.Swaby, J.de Jong (A.De Russis), T.Franco (capt), J.Smith, P.Lane, L.Guglielmi, A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, M.Khumalo (K.Jardine), J.Ashmeade (O.Scherbakov)

Burnley: M.Gul, A.Smith, D.van, Leeuwen (C.Noble), C.Dawson (S.Kane), Felipe, D.Zuzul, S.Dean, A.Carey (A.Mood), A.Agnew, E.Lopez (capt) (R.Gil), A.Watson

August 8th:

The board have set down their expectations for the forthcoming season and are as follows. They expect my side to at least reach the Champions Cup Semi Final, Win the Premier Division, Reach the final of the FA Cup and they aren't too bothered about the EFL Cup.

Swansea (a) Premier Division (1/38)

The game was a real slow starter as my side failed to get going but luckily for us the Swansea side were just as bad. It took till the 34th minute for the first effort as S.Pino crossed into the area but M.Vandamme headed straight into the keepers hands when it was easier to score.

The second half wasn't much better and on the 67th minute we had the next chance as D.Leonardi threaded the ball through the defence but O.Scherbakov fired wide of the post. Swansea had the final chance of the game as on the 89th minute they broke through the defence but K.Swaby saved well to keep the game at 0-0. A real drab game for the fans.

Swansea 0-0 Man Utd

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith (A.De Russis), P.Lane, L.Guglielmi, A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, S.Pino (K.Jardine), J.Ashmeade (O.Scherbakov)

August 15th:

Chelsea (h) (2/38)

The first home game of the season and we actually upped the gears from the previous game and on the 12th minute we took the lead as A.Xhepa headed in a D.Leonardi cross. Five minutes later Chelsea scored the next goal as a S.Pino cross was diverted into the Chelsea net by L.Cortes for an own goal. We were all over the Chelsea side and on the half hour our task made alittle easier as D.Puci was given a second yellow card which was followed by a red. Chelsea were now down to ten men for the next hour.

The second half was five minutes old when we had our next chance as J.Smith played the ball to the feet of J.Ashmeade who lashed it wide of the post. On the 68th minute we had another chance with S.Pino rattling the upright from the edge of the area. We were controlling the game and four minutes later we were awarded a penalty after D.Leonardi was hauled down in the area, L.Guglielmi stepped up and fired the penalty hard to the left of the keeper to give us our third and final goal of the game. An impressive performance by my side

Man Utd 3-0 Chelsea A.Xhepa 12, L.Cortes 17 og, L.Guglielmi 72 pen

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco (A.De Russis), J.Smith, P.Lane, L.Guglielmi, A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme (K.Jardine), S.Pino, J.Ashmeade (O.Scherbakov)

August 22nd:

Tottenham (a) (3/38)

We started the half the better and on the 17th minute we had our first chance with O.Scherbakov heading just wide from a K.Jardine cross. Eight minutes later D.Leonardi hit the upright from six yards when it was easier to score. On the 32nd minute we finally broke the deadlock as O.Scherbakov ran through the defence with the ball and fired under the onrushing Spurs keeper. With two minutes remaining in the half we were awarded a penalty after O.Scherbakov was brought down in the area, K.Jardine stepped up and fired wide of the post.

The second has had barely started when we came close to doubling out lead as M.Vandamme tried his luck from outside the area but the Spurs keeper managed to block the effort well. On the hour Spurs had their first effort with a low shot which was blocked off the line by T.Franco. On the 64th minute Spurs grabbed the equaliser as K.Szczudiowski beat the offside trap with far too much ease and fired under K.Swaby. Twelve minutes later it was 2-1 as Spurs countered my side and P.Ortiz fired with power low and pass my keeper. On the 85th minute my side had the chance to equalise but J.Ashmeade somehow fired over the goal from close range.

Tottenham 2-1 Man Utd K.Szczudiowski 64, P.Ortiz 76 / O.Scherbakov 32

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith, P.Lane, L.Guglielmi, A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi (S.Pino), M.Vandamme, K.Jardine (A.Grossi), O.Scherbakov (J.Ashmeade)

August 27th:

The draw for the 3rd Rd of the EFL Cup sees my side drawn away from home against Premier Division side Sunderland.

The main draw for the day is for the Champions Cup and we have been put in Pot One.

The draw is as follows:

Group A: Celtic (SCO), Man City (ENG), Zenit (RUS), PSV (NED)

Group B: SLB (POR), A.C. Milan (ITA), En Avant de Guingamp (FRA), Legia (POL)

Group C: Juventus (ITA), Dortmund (GER), Sporting (POR), Fenerbahce (TUR)

Group D: OM (FRA), Barcelona (ESP), FC Kobenhavn (DEN), Sunderland (ENG)

Group E: Paris Saint-Germain (FRA), Napoli (ITA), Shakhtar (UKR),

Group F: A.Madrid (ESP), Chelsea (ENG), Roma (ITA), Anderlecht (BEL)

Group G: Bayern (GER), R.Madrid (ESP), Rangers (SCO), Viktoria Plzen (CZE)

Group H: Man Utd (ENG), Olympique Lyonnais (FRA), FCP (POR), PAOK (GRE)

August 29th:

Derby (h) (4/38)

Three minutes into the game Derby scored as J.Kramer diverted a D.Leonardi cross into the back of his own net. Soon after we had another chance to score with a thunderous effort from O.Scherbakov which stung the fingers of the keeper. On the 12th minute we made it 2-0 as D.Leonardi ran in from the wing and fired low past the keeper. We were all over Derby and on the half hour we had another chance to score as K.Jardine rattled the crossbar from just outside the area. With two minutes remaining in the half we had a goal ruled out for offside after O.Scherbakov timed his run wrong

The second half was all my side again and on the 48th minute we grabbed a further goal as O.Scherbakov finally got the goal he deserved as he sprinted through the defence and dinked the ball over the keeper. Derby weren't near the ball at all and just after the hour we scored goal number four as D.Leonardi headed in his second of the game from close range. On the 68th minute the next goal was scored as A.Grossi fired in from ten yards with his first touch of the game. It was just too easy for my side but it took till the stroke of full time for us to score again as A.Grossi headed in from a D.Leonardi cross to give us a 6-0 rout

Man Utd 6-0 Derby J.Kramer 3 og, D.Leonardi 12, 61, O.Scherbakov 48, A.Grossi 68, 90

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith, P.Lane, L.Guglielmi (S.Pino), A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, K.Jardine (A.Grossi), O.Scherbakov (J.Ashmeade)

The end of the month saw us sitting in 2nd place on seven points after four games with Spurs sitting on the top of table

September 2037:

September 1st:

The start of the month sees A.Xhepa winning the Player of the Month after scoring once in four appearances and earning a rating of 7.88

L.Guglielmi also won the Young Player of the month after scoring once in four appearances and earning a rating of 7.40

September 2nd:

Other news sees the expansion of Old Trafford completed with the capacity now at 95,285

September 10th:

The odds for the forthcoming Champions Cup have ben released and we have been put at 15-1 3rd favourites with Paris Saint-Germain 6-1 favourites

September 12th:

Liverpool (a) (5/38)

The game was fifteen minutes old when Liverpool opened the scoring as B.Geerts beat the offside trap and fired past K.Swaby. On the 29th minute they had another chance as they broke through the defence again but J.de Jong blocked the shot. We were not at the races however on the 40th minute T.Franco managed to score but unfortunately it was past K.Swaby as he diverted a cross.

The second half wasn't much better to start with as Liverpool had a goal ruled out on the 46th minute for a so called offside. Ten minutes later again they had a goal ruled out for offside. We weren't getting close to the ball but on the 74th minute a lax pass by the Liverpool midfield saw L.Guglielmi intercept the ball and fire past the keeper. A thoroughly undeserved goal. With four minutes remaining in the game Liverpool had the chance to kill the game as they again made light work of the defence but K.Swaby was on hand to deny the,. On the stroke of full time we fluked an equaliser as D.Leonardi scuffed a shot to wrong foot the keeper and silence the home crowd. The silence though didn't last long as with the final kick of the game B.Geerts thundered the ball in from the edge of the area to give Liverpool all three points and in truth they fully deserved it.

Liverpool 3-2 Man Utd B.Geerts 15, 90+2, T.Franco 40 og / L.Guglielmi 74, D.Leonardi 90

K.Swaby, J.de Jong (L.King), T.Franco, J.Smith, P.Lane, L.Guglielmi, A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, M.Khumalo (K.Jardine), O.Scherbakov (A.Grossi)

• 2 weeks later...

September 16th:

FCP (h) Champs Cup Grp H (1/6)

Within a minute we grabbed the lead as D.Leonardi ran through the Porto defence with ease and fired under the onrushing keeper. Soon after we had another chance with a curling effort from A.Xhepa which stung the fingers of the keeper. It was far too easy for my side and on the 26th minute we doubled the lead as D.Leonardi showed great vision to see the keeper off the line and he dinked the ball from distance to send the Old Trafford crowd wild. With four minutes remaining in the half we had our next effort as O.Scherbakov sprinted through the defence and fired towards goal but the keeper denied him.

The second half was eight minutes old when we had yet another chance to score as A.Grossi hit the ball with power from twenty yards but the keeper was on hand to block his effort. On the 64th minute we made it three nil as L.Guglielmi hit a thunderous free-kick into the top corner from thirty yards after D.Leonardi was hauled down on the way to goal. Twelve minutes later it should have been four nil but A.Grossi somehow missed from lose range when it was easier to score. We were just all over the Portuguese side and on the 79th minute Porto's keeper saved another goal bound effort this time from K.Jardine. A perfect response to the Liverpool game

Man Utd 3-0 FCP D.Leonardi 1, 26, L.Guglielmi 64

K.Swaby, J.de Jong (L.King), T.Franco, J.Smith, P.Lane, L.Guglielmi, A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, M.Khumalo (K.Jardine), O.Scherbakov (A.Grossi)

Other Grp H Result: Olympique Lyonnais 10-0 Red Star

• 3 weeks later...

September 19th:

Stoke (h) (6/38)

We controlled the game with ease and on the 25th minute we grabbed the lead as S.Pino ran onto M.Vandamme through-ball and wasted no time in firing under the Stoke keeper. Ten minutes later it was two nil with S.Pino heading in a L.Guglielmi cross. Soon after we had the chance of a third as O.Scherbakov ran onto a S.Pino through-ball but his final effort went just wide of the post.

The second half was six minutes old when we grabbed goal number three as M.Khumalo sprinted into the area unmarked and slotted in a M.Vandamme cross. On the hour it was a fourth goal for my side with D.Leonardi curling in a free-kick from just outside the area after S.Pino was brought down on his way to goal. On the 78th minute my side had the final chance of the game with A.Grossi running through the Stoke defence but the Stoke keeper managed to smother the ball at his feet bravely

Man Utd 4-0 Stoke S.Pino 25, 35, M.Khumalo 51, D.Leonardi 60

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith (A.De Russis), P.Lane, L.Guglielmi, S.Pino, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, M.Khumalo (K.Jardine), O.Scherbakov (A.Grossi)

• 1 month later...

September 23rd:

Sunderland (a) EFL Cup 3rd Rd

A dire start to the game saw Sunderland taking the lead as L.Davies rose above my defence and headed past K.Swaby with ease. On the 13th minute they had another chance to score as my defence again failed to deal with a simple ball but K.Swaby was on hand to block the effort. Ten minutes later we had our first chance as O.Scherbakov curled in from the corner of the area but the ball didn't curl enough and went just wide. Just before the half hour Sunderland doubled their lead as L.Davies headed in another ball to send the home crowd wild. With a minute remaining in the half though we pulled a goal back as S.Pino hit a speculative effort from twenty five yards which gave the Sunderland keeper little chance of saving.

The second half was a complete different story as my players pulled their fingers out and on the 63rd minute we pulled level in the tie as T.Franco headed in a D.Leonardi cross past the Sunderland keeper. Eight minutes later O.Scherbakov came close to opening his account with a fine strike which stung the fingers of the keeper. With twelve minutes remaining in the game we grabbed what turned out to be the winner as L.Guglielmi showed some flare to jink his way through the defence and fired under the onrushing keeper. Sunderland did have another chance as they beat my sides offside trap but K.Swaby was ion hand to block the effort

Sunderland 2-3 Man Utd L.Davies 2, 29 / S.Pino 44, T.Franco 63, L.Guglielmi 78

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith, P.Lane, L.Guglielmi, S.Pino, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, M.Khumalo, O.Scherbakov

• 2 weeks later...

September 26th:

The draw for the EFL Cup 4th Rd sees my side drawn at home against Premier Division side Leicester

Watford (a) (7/38)

A terrible first half saw Watford piling on the forward pressure and on the 23rd minute they grabbed the lead as E.Mba headed in from close range when my defence really should have done better. Three minutes later it was two nil to Watford as E.Mba again made a mockery of my defence and fired under the keeper. We were all over the place and on the 37th minute they had another chance with a well worked move which saw K.Swaby at full stretch to save.

The second half was two minute old when they had another chance to score with a thunderous effort which stung the fingers of K.Swaby. On the 63rd minute we finally had our first real chance as A.Grossi fired a low chance just wide of the post. Four minutes later we pulled a goal back as J.Ashmeade ran on from the byline and fired under the onrushing Watford keeper. On the 72nd minute we had did a brilliant counter attack as A.Xhepa pumped the ball up forward and D.Leonardi curled in the volley into the top corner of the net. We were all over the Watford side and with two minutes remaining in the game we grabbed the winner as J.Ashmeade headed in his second of the game from a S.Pino cross to silence the home crowd. A real let off in truth and I made sure my players knew that

Watford 2-3 Man Utd E.Mba 23, 26 / J.Ashmeade 67, 88, D.Leonardi 72

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco (A.De Russis), J.Smith, P.Lane, L.Guglielmi, A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme (K.Jardine), S.Pino, A.Grossi (J.Ashmeade)

• 2 weeks later...

September 29th:

Red Star (a) Champs Cup Grp H (2/6)

The first half was controlled by my side and on the 19th minute we had the first chance as S.Pino tried his luck from just outside the area but the keeper managed to tip it over. Soon after M.Vandamme had his first chance as he broke through the defence but the keeper again saved the day with a world class save. Just before the half time interval we had yet another chance as A.Grossi ran through the defence but the ball went wide of the post.

The second half was six minutes old when we finally broke the deadlock as S.Pino headed in a L.Guglielmi cross. On the 58th minute we made it two nil with A.Xhepa spotting the keeper off the line and dinking the ball from the edge of the area for a brilliant goal. We were all over the home side and on the 77th minute J.Smith had the chance to make it three nil with a bullet header but the the crossbar saved the day for Red Star. With seven minutes remaining in the game we made it three nil as T.Franco rose above the defence and headed a S.Pino free-kick past the keeper.

Red Star 0-3 Man Utd S.Pino 51, A.Xhepa 58, T.Franco 83

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith, P.Lane, L.Guglielmi, A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, S.Pino, A.Grossi

Other Grp H Result: FCP 5-2 Olympique Lyonnais

The end of the month sees us sitting 3rd in the table on thirteen points after seven games. Liverpool and Derby are top on fourteen points

• 2 weeks later...

October 2037:

October 1st:

The start of the month sees L.Guglielmi named as the Young Player of the Month after scoring once in three games and earning a rating of 7.50

October 4th:

Crystal Palace (h) (8/38)

A slow start to the game saw us struggling with the ball and it wasn't till the 27th minute that we had our first effort as A.Grossi rattled the upright from outside the area. Eight minutes later we had our next chance as D.Leonardi crossed into the area but S.Pino headed wide when it was easier to score. With six minutes remaining in the half we finally had the ball in the back of the net as D.Leonardi was brought down in the area and A.Grossi fired in from the penalty spot.

The second half was alittle quieter as we failed to get near the goal for much of it. On the 63rd minute I was forced into change as O.Scherbakov came on for the injured O.Scherbakov. We controlled the play without much forward pressure but on the 77th minute we added the killer goal as O.Scherbakov curled in from the corner of the area to give us an unconvincing 2-0 win.

Man Utd 2-0 Crystal Palace A.Grossi 39 pen, O.Scherbakov 77

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith, P.Lane, L.Guglielmi, A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, S.Pino, A.Grossi (inj 63-O.Scherbakov)

Injury news sees A.Grossi out for around 3-4 weeks after tearing his groin muscle in the match

• 2 weeks later...

October 17th:

Hull (a) (9/38)

Hull started the better and it wasn't long till they came close to scoring with a long range effort which just skimmed the crossbar. On the 23rd minute they had another chance to score as they broke through the defence but luckily for us L.King managed to get on the line and clear the effort. We were being taken apart by Hull and on the 38th minute they had yet another chance with a powerful strike which stung the fingers of K.Swaby.

The second half was much the same as Hull controlled the play and on the 57th minute L.King slid in to clear the ball. Ten minutes later we finally had our first chance as O.Scherbakov beat the offside trap but his final effort was about as good as general play and went well wide. Just before the full time whistle K.Swaby saved us a point as Hull broke clear of the defence after some woeful defending. I was far from happy

Hull 0-0 Man Utd

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith, P.Lane, L.Guglielmi (K.Jardine), A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, M.Khumalo (J.Ashmeade), S.Pino (M.Potts), O.Scherbakov

October 20th:

Olympique Lyonnais (h) Champs Cup Grp H (3/6)

A cracking start saw us taking the lead on the 2nd minute as M.Vandamme rose above the defence and headed in a L.Guglielmi cross. Eight minutes later it was two nil as M.Vandamme crossed into the area and A.Xhepa volleyed in off the upright. We were all over the French side and on the 17th minute S.Pino showed some great skill to beat the defence and wasted no time in firing past the keeper. We were in complete control and on the 34th minute we had our next chance with a long range effort from S.Pino which stung the fingers of the keeper.

The second half was two minutes old when the next goal was scored as Souza beat my defence with far too much ease and fired under K.Swaby. Just before the hour we grabbed our next goal as A.Xhepa headed in his second of the game after M.Vandamme curled brilliantly into the area. It was far too easy and on the 73rd minute substitute O.Scherbakov fired in low past the keeper after running onto a great through-ball from M.Potts. The scoring wasn't finished as on the 86th minute O.Scherbakov hit home from close range to make it 6-1. A great performance

Man Utd 6-1 Olympique Lyonnais M.Vandamme 2, A.Xhepa 10, 58, S.Pino 17, O.Scherbakov 73, 86 / Souza 47

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith, P.Lane (B.Oppong), L.Guglielmi (O.Scherbakov), A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, S.Pino , J.Ashmeade (M.Potts)

Other Grp H Result: FCP 2-1 Red Star

October 24th:

Man City (h) (10/38)

Our defending went out the window at the start of the game as on the 5th minute L.Edwards jinked through the defence and fired with pace under K.Swaby. Eight minutes later they had another chance with a well worked move which saw L.King clearing off the line. We were being battered by the City side and on the 29th minute they had another chance with a low effort which was tipped round the post by K.Swaby. With five minutes remaining in the half we had our first real effort as J.Ashmeade ran onto a D.Leonardi through-ball but fired the ball wide of the post.

The second half was pretty much the same with City dominating and on the hour mark we had J.Smith to thank who headed off the line after K.Swaby flapped at a free-kick. On the 72nd minute City doubled their lead as L.Edwards showed off some great pace to beat my defence and K.Swaby and wasted no time in slotting the ball into the empty net. Two minutes later we grabbed a goal back with substitute O.Scherbakov firing in from the edge of the area but it was too little too late for my side.

Man Utd 1-2 Man City O.Scherbakov 74 / L.Edwards 5, 72

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith, P.Lane, L.Guglielmi (K.Jardine), A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, M.Khumalo (O.Scherbakov), S.Pino (M.Potts), J.Ashmeade

• 4 weeks later...

Its good to have the Godfather of these Forums looking in. It is true though I cant see me not enjoying myself at Old Trafford

October 28th:

Leicester (h) EFL Cup 4th Rd

A poor start saw us going a goal down in the 2nd minute as R.Latapy rose above my defence and headed in from close range. However we reacted well and on the 15th minute we grabbed the equaliser as M.Potts ran through the defence and fired under the keeper. Soon after we had another chance to score as K.Jardine crossed into the area but O.Scherbakov headed wide of the post. Just after the half hour we grabbed the lead as M.Potts fired in his second of the game with a curling effort into the top corner which gave the keeper no chance of saving. With nine minutes remaining in the half Leicester pulled level as R.Latapy beat the offside trap and fired past M.Joosten who was slow to react.

The second half was pretty close with majority of the play being centred in the middle third of the pitch. The only real effort of the half was from M.Khumalo who sliced a volley high and wide of the crossbar.

The game went into extra time and on the 105th minute Leicester took the lead as R.Latapy grabbed his hat-trick with a powerful strike from outside the area. The game looked lost for my side as we didn't seemed to be able to pass but on the 113th minute D.Leonardi capitalised on a defensive error by Leicester to slide the ball into the back of the net. The game pretty much died after that and went to the lottery of penalties.

My side took the first penalty and M.Khumalo fired in past the keeper (1-0)

Hat-trick hero R.Latapy stepped up and fired towards goal but M.Joosten saved (1-0)

D.Leonardi was next up and wasted no time in firing under the keeper (2-0)

A.Seck was up next for Leicester and fired towards goal but the keeper again save (2-0)

A.Xhepa was my next player up and fired low past the keeper to give us a 3-0 lead (3-0)

J.Abel was up for Leicester and fired high past M.Joosten (3-1)

K.Jardine stepped up and hit home with power to give us the win and send us through (4-1)

Man Utd 3-3 Leicester M.Potts 17, 31, D.Leonardi 113 / R.Latapy 2, 36, 105

M.Joosten, T.Jarvis, T.Franco, A.De Russis (J.Smith), B.Oppong (P.Lane), L.Guglielmi, A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, O.Scherbakov, K.Jardine, M.Potts (M.Khumalo)

October 30th:

The draw for the EFL Cup ¼ Final sees us facing a home tie against Championship side Plymouth

October 31st:

Leicester (a) (11/38)

A cracking start saw taking the lead on the 7th minute as J.Ashmeade ran through the defence and fired under the onrushing keeper. Soon after we had our next chance as S.Pino tried his luck from outside the area but the keeper managed to save well to block the effort. We were all over the Leicester side and on the 44th minute we made it two nil with a thunderous effort from J.Ashmeade which gave the keeper no chance of saving.

The second half was a minute old when we grabbed goal number three as J.Ashmeade jinked through the defence and fired past the Leicester keeper. On the hour mark we came close to a fourth as O.Scherbakov headed a D.Leonardi cross just wide of the post. Eight minutes later though Leicester pulled a goal back as J.Manuel Fratini made light work of my defence and slotted in under the body of K.Swaby. It was though false hope for Leicester as we piled on the pressure and on the 79th minute we had yet another chance with A.Xhepa crossing into the area but J.Ashmeade headed straight into the keepers arms when it was easier to score.

Leicester 1-3 Man Utd J.Manuel Fratini 68 / J.Ashmeade 7, 44, 46

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith, P.Lane, L.Guglielmi, A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi (K.Jardine), M.Khumalo (M.Vandamme), S.Pino (O.Scherbakov), J.Ashmeade

The end of the month sees my side still in 3rd place on twenty points after eleven games, with Liverpool top on twenty three points with a game in hand

November 2037:

Olympique Lyonnais (a) Champs Cup Grp H (4/6)

Another good start saw us taking the lead on the 5th minute as L.Guglielmi jinked through the defence and fired under the Lyon keeper. Soon after we had another chance with a thunderous effort from M.Khumalo which stung the fingers of the keeper. We were all over the French side and on the 39th minute we finally got the second goal we deserved as A.Xhepa sprinted onto a through-ball rounded the keeper and slotted into the empty net.

The second half was two minutes old when we made it 3-0 as M.Khumalo rose above the defence and headed a D.Leonardi cross past the keeper. Lyon weren't getting near the ball and just after the hour mark it was 4-0 as A.Xhepa grabbed his second of the game with a brave header from a P.Lane cross. On the 67th minute we completed the rout as A.Xhepa grabbed his hat-trick with a low shot from the corner of the area. After the goal the game pretty much turned into a training match with my players passing the ball mainly around the middle third of the pitch. I was alittle disappointed with the last twenty minutes of the game as I wanted more goals...or is that me just being greedy?

Olympique Lyonnais 0-5 Man Utd L.Guglielmi 5, A.Xhepa 39, 61, 67, M.Khumalo 47

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith, P.Lane, L.Guglielmi, A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, M.Khumalo (K.Jardine), S.Pino (M.Vandamme), J.Ashmeade

Other Group H Result: Red Star 0-4 FCP

The result means that we have qualified for the next round with two games to go

• 2 weeks later...

November 7th:

Walsall (h) (12/38)

We got off to great start as on the 9th minute we took the lead with J.Ashmeade running through the defence and lashing the ball past the Walsall keeper. However after the goal we spent the rest of the half playing in the middle third of the pitch.

The second half was a lot better for us as we piled on the pressure and on the 57th minute J.Ashmeade grabbed his second of the game with a rasping effort which gave the keeper no chance of saving. We were all over the Walsall side and on the 72nd minute D.Leonardi curled a wonderful effort into the top corner to send the Old Trafford crowd wild. Three minutes later it was 4-0 as J.Ashmeade fired in from the penalty spot after M.Vandamme was brought down in the area. It was just too easy for us and with four minutes remaining in the game D.Leonardi headed in from a K.Jardine cross to give us a five goal win

Man Utd 5-0 Walsall J.Ashmeade 9, 57, 75 pen, D.Leonardi 72, 86

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith, P.Lane (B.Oppong), L.Guglielmi, A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, M.Khumalo (K.Jardine), S.Pino (M.Vandamme), J.Ashmeade

November 21st:

Arsenal (a) (13/38)

Arsenal began he better and on the 12th minute we went a goal down as K.Kucharczyk ran through the defence and fired under K.Swaby. It didn't take long till they had another chance with a powerful strike which stung the fingers of my keeper. We weren't at the races at all and on the 36th minute Arsenal had a goal ruled out for a foul on L.King. Just before the break we had our first effort of the game as J.Ashmeade headed a L.Guglielmi cross well over the crossbar when it was easier to score.

The second half wasn't much better for us as Arsenal piled on the pressure and on the 64th minute A.De Russis blocked off the line brilliantly after some woeful play by the midfield. Six minutes later Arsenal got the second goal they deserved with R.Martin rasping a daisy cutter past the outstretched arms of K.Swaby. On the 84th minute K.Swaby was the hero as he saved a K.Kucharczyk penalty after J.Smith was adjudged to have fouled in the area. With a minute remaining in the game we pulled a goal back as S.Pino fired in a free-kick from twenty five yards after J.Ashmeade was fouled.

Arsenal 2-1 Man Utd K.Kucharczyk 12, R.Martin 70 / S.Pino 89

K.Swaby, L.King, A.De Russis, J.Smith, P.Lane, L.Guglielmi (K.Jardine), A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi (M.Vandamme), M.Khumalo (O.Scherbakov), S.Pino, J.Ashmeade

November 24th:

FCP (a) Champs Cup Grp H (5/6)

Porto started the better and on the 19th minute they came close with a long range effort which was headed off the line by A.De Russis. Soon after they had another shot but this time the upright saved the day.. On the 33rd minute we came close to taking the lead as S.Pino threaded the ball to the feet of J.Ashmeade who lashed it wide of the post.

The second half was two minutes old when we were awarded a penalty after J.Ashmeade was fouled in the area, the same player stepped up but fired the penalty wide of the post despite sending the keeper the wrong way. On the 76th minute it was Porto's chance to score as they broke through the defence with far too much ease but K.Swaby bravely came out and smothered the ball. It was my side who had the last chance to win the game as O.Scherbakov headed straight into the keepers arms from a M.Khumalo cross. A draw in truth was a fair result

FCP 0-0 Man Utd

K.Swaby, L.King, A.De Russis, J.Smith, P.Lane, L.Guglielmi, A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi (K.Jardine), M.Khumalo, S.Pino (M.Vandamme), J.Ashmeade (O.Scherbakov)

Other Group H Result: Red Star 1-2 Olympique Lyonnais

Other news sees L.King and P.Lane out of the next European game after picking up their 3rd Yellow card of the competition

November 28th:

Sunderland (h) (14/38)

We began the better with some excellent play in the midfield but for all our pressure it took till the 25th minute for us to have the first chance as M.Vandamme rattled the crossbar from 20 yards. Soon after we had another chance with O.Scherbakov heading straight into the keepers arms when it was easier to score. On the 34th minute though a poor defensive clearance by B.Oppong saw A.Reis firing under K.Swaby who was also slow to react. Just before the break we had another chance to score with T.Franco heading off the upright from a S.Pino corner.

The second half was much the same as we piled forward and on the 55th minute we had yet another chance with J.Ashmeade firing straight into the keepers arms. Sunderland weren't getting near the ball and on the 68th minute M.Khumalo had the next chance as he ran onto a T.Franco punt up field but his final effort was dire and it went well wide of the keeper and post. With six minutes remaining in the game finally scored as A.Grossi fired in from the penalty after M.Vandamme was brought down in the area. On the stroke of full time though we nearly let ourselves down as a loose pass was intercepted but T.Franco managed to block off the line. I was far from happy with the efforts we wasted

Man Utd 1-1 Sunderland A.Grossi 84 pen / A.Reis 34

K.Swaby, J.de Jong, A.De Russis, T.Franco, B.Oppong (P.Lane), K.Jardine (M.Potts), S.Pino, M.Khumalo, O.Scherbakov (J.Ashmeade), M.Vandamme, A.Grossi

The end of the month sees us in 3rd place after fourteen games with 24pts some 6pts behind leaders Liverpool

December 2037:

December 1st:

Plymouth (h) EFL ¼ Final

Nine minutes into the game we took the lead as A.Grossi headed in a M.Khumalo cross. Ten minutes later we had another chance to score as B.Oppong crossed into the area but M.Vandamme volleyed wide of the post. We were in control of the Plymouth side and just after the half hour A.Grossi added a second goal with a rasping effort from the edge of the area to beat the keeper.

The second half was barely a minute old when we added a third goal as A.Grossi completed his hat-trick with a cool lob from twenty yards after running onto a loose ball. Plymouth weren't getting near the ball and on the 67th minute O.Scherbakov had the chance to give us a fourth goal but his final effort was pretty damn poor and it went high and wide of the post. With a minute remaining in the game we finally got the next goal as M.Vandamme jinked his way through the Plymouth defence and wasted not time in lashing the ball under the keeper.

Man Utd 4-0 Plymouth A.Grossi 9, 31, 46, M.Vandamme 89

M.Joosten, J.de Jong, A.De Russis, T.Franco, B.Oppong, K.Jardine, S.Pino, M.Khumalo, O.Scherbakov, M.Vandamme, A.Grossi

The draw for the EFL Cup Semi Final sees us facing Championship side Aston Villa, The other Semi Final sees Manchester City facing fellow Premiership side Swansea

• 3 weeks later...

December 5th:

Newcastle (a) (15/38)

A terrible start saw J.Smith fouling in the area to give the Geordies a penalty, R.Rivera stepped up and fired the penalty wide of the post. On the 13th minute they had another chance to score with a well worked team move which split the defence apart but K.Swaby managed to block the effort. Eleven minutes later we somehow managed to score as D.Leonardi crossed into the area and L.Guglielmi volleyed brilliantly into the top corner of the net. Just before the break we had another chance to score with a curling effort from M.Vandamme which was tipped over by the keeper.

Three minutes into half we made it two nil as J.Smith headed in a D.Leonardi corner after A.Grossi's initial effort was tipped over. We were controlling the game more this half and on the hour mark A.Grossi scored with a low effort from outside the area which the keeper failed to see till the last minute. On the 78th minute we had one final shot as D.Leonardi hit a powerful strike from the edge of the area but the Newcastle keeper saved well to deny him the goal his performance deserved

Newcastle 0-3 Man Utd L.Guglielmi 24, J.Smith 48, A.Grossi 60

K.Swaby, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith, P.Lane, L.Guglielmi, A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, K.Jardine (S.Pino), A.Grossi (J.Ashmeade)

December 7th:

The draw for the FA Cup 3rd Rd sees us facing Championship side Luton at home

December 9th:

Red Star (h) Champs Cup Grp H (6/6)

The first chance of the game came to my side as we broke down the wing and L.Guglielmi fired a low shot just wide of the keepers arms and post. On the 19th minute we has our next chance with B.Oppong floating a cross in but A.Grossi headed wide of the post when it was easier to score. Ten minutes later we came close to breaking the deadlock as K.Jardine rattled the crossbar from ten yards. We were in complete control but couldn't hit a barn door from six yards.

The second half was much the same as we piled on all the pressure and on the hour mark A.Xhepa headed wide from a L.Guglielmi cross. Soon after it was J.Ashmeade's turn to fluff an easy shot as he fired straight into the keepers arms when it was easier to score. With six minutes remaining in the game we were reduced to ten men after B.Oppong picked up his second yellow of the game which was followed by the red. This didn't affect the play as we carried on the pressure and deep into injury time we grabbed the winner as J.Ashmeade screwed his shot over the keepers head and into the net

Man Utd 1-0 Red Star J.Ashmeade 90+1

K.Swaby, J.de Jong, T.Franco (A.De Russis), J.Smith, B.Oppong, L.Guglielmi, A.Xhepa (S.Pino), D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, K.Jardine (J.Ashmeade), A.Grossi

Other Grp H Result: Olympique Lyonnais 0-0 FCP

After the match I was informed that A.Xhepa will be out for around two weeks after twisting his knee during the game. Other news sees B.Oppong being banned from the next European match after his sending off

• 3 weeks later...

December 13th:

Burnley (h) (16/38)

It was Burnley who ha the first effort of the game with a rasping effort which had K.Swaby at full stretch to save. On the 15th minute though we grabbed the lead with our first effort as A.Grossi curls in a wonderful effort from the corner of the area. Six minutes later it was two nil with L.Guglielmi running in from the wing and firing low past the keeper much to the delight of the Old Trafford fans. We were all over Burnley however just before the break we were reduced to ten men after J.de Jong was given a second yellow card followed by a red.

The second half was alittle tighter but we still dominated and on the hour mark we had another chance to score with J.Ashmeade rattling the crossbar from just inside the area. On the 74th minute Burnley were also reduced to ten men after F.Jose Ramos was sent off for a foul 25 yards out, from the resulting free-kick we made it 3-0 as L.Guglielmi curled in past the outstretched arms of the keeper. With three minutes remaining in the game we had a goal ruled out as O.Scherbakov was adjudged to have pushed the keeper whilst heading the ball,

Man Utd 3-0 Burnley A.Grossi 15, L.Guglielmi 21, 75

K.Swaby, J.de Jong, T.Franco, J.Smith, B.Oppong, L.Guglielmi, S.Pino (M.Khumalo), D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, K.Jardine (J.Ashmeade), A.Grossi (O.Scherbakov)

J.de Jong will miss the next domestic game after his sending off. I also issued him with a warning regarding his sending off

December 14th:

The draw for the First Knockout Rd of the Champions Cup has seen us placed as a seeded side. The draw is as follows:

Roma (ITA) v En Avant de Guingamp (FRA)

A.C.Milan (ITA) v Man Utd (ENG)

Zenit (RUS) v Juventus (ITA)

FCP (POR) v Napoli (ITA)

OM (FRA) v A.Madrid (ESP)

Paris Saint-Germain (FRA) v R.Madrid (ESP)

Dortmund (GER) v Man City (ENG)

Rangers (SCO) v Barcelona (ESP)

December 16th:

Brighton (a) (17/38)

Brighton started the better and on the 10th minute they came close with a low shot which went just wide of the post. Twelve minutes later they had another chance but it was thwarted by a last ditch challenge from T.Franco. On the half hour we had our first effort as A.Grossi headed straight into the keepers arms from close range

The second half was all Brighton as we failed to get control of the ball and on the 64th minute we again had T.Franco to thank as he slid in and cleared the ball. With ten minutes remaining Brighton had the final chance of the game as they broke through my defence with far too much ease but luckily for us their effort was as poor as my sides defending

Brighton 0-0 Man Utd

K.Swaby, T.Jarvis, T.Franco, J.Smith, B.Oppong, L.Guglielmi, S.Pino (M.Khumalo), D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, K.Jardine (O.Scherbakov), A.Grossi (J.Ashmeade)

Cheers Sherm, its always good to have someone of your calibre following

December 19th:

Swansea (h) (18/38)

We controlled the game with ease and on the 13th minute we took the lead as M.Vandamme headed in a D.Leonardi cross. Eight minutes later we had another chance with a thunderous effort from A.Grossi which stung the fingers of the keeper. We were all over the Swansea side and on the 39th minute we thought we had grabbed the second goal but K.Jardine's effort was ruled out for a foul in the build up.

The second half was even minutes old when we made it two nil as K.Jardine got the goal he deserved as he ran in from the byline and fired in under the Swansea keeper. However on the 62nd minute a slip in concentration by K.Swaby saw B.Munoz slot in. Ten minutes later though Swansea were reduced to ten men after V.Flores was sent off for a second yellow card. Swansea pulled all men back and it took till the 88th minute for the final goal to be scored as K.Jardine's low shot was diverted into the net by J.Phillips for an own goal

Man Utd 3-1 Swansea M.Vandamme 13, K.Jardine 52, J.Phillips 88 og / B.Munoz 62

K.Swaby, T.Jarvis (A.De Russis), T.Franco, J.Smith, B.Oppong, A.Xhepa, S.Pino, D.Leonardi (M.Khumalo), M.Vandamme, K.Jardine, A.Grossi (J.Ashmeade)

J.Smith will miss the next game after reaching the yellow card limit of 5 cards

December 23rd:

Bournemouth (h) (19/38)

A dire start saw us going a goal down in the 5th minute as M.Willems ran into the area unmarked and fired under K.Swaby. Seven minutes later we grabbed the equaliser as M.Khumalo jinked with the ball and slotted in past the diving keeper. On the 33rd minute we had another chance to score as D.Leonardi crossed into the area but A.Grossi headed wide of the post. With five minutes remaining in the half we took the lead as A.Xhepa headed in a K.Jardine cross. On the stroke of half time we added another goal with K.Jardine running through the defence with ease and rounded the keeper to slide the ball into the empty net.

The second half was much the same as we dominated and on the 48th minute K.Jardine grabbed his second of the game with a low shot from the corner of the area. Twelve minutes later we were awarded a penalty after A.Xhepa was brought down in the area, from the resulting penalty K.Jardine fired high and wide of the post. Bournemouth weren't getting anything from the ball and with eight minutes remaining in the game we added our fifth goal as A.Xhepa tapped in from close range after some woeful defending. The scoring wasn't finished there though as on the 85th minute substitute O.Scherbakov fired in our sixth goal with a powerful effort from the edge of the area

Man Utd 6-1 Bournemouth M.Khumalo 12, A.Xhepa 40, 82, K.Jardine 45, 48, O.Scherbakov 85 / M.Willems 5

K.Swaby, T.Jarvis, T.Franco, A.De Russis, B.Oppong (P.Lane), M.Khumalo (J.Ashmeade), A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, K.Jardine, A.Grossi (O.Scherbakov)

T.Franco will miss the next domestic game after picking up his 5th yellow card of the season

• 2 weeks later...

December 26th:

Everton (a) (20/38)

A dire start for my side saw us going down to a wonderful G.Mancini strike which flew into the top corner. Soon after we had our first chance with a low shot from A.Grossi which clipped the wrong side of the post. On the 23rd minute we came close with a curling effort from M.Vandamme which stung the fingers of the keeper. However eleven minutes later a poor clearance by T.Jarvis was intercepted and fired in past K.Swaby from Y.Bondarenko.

The second half was all my side after the half time rollicking they got and just after the hour mark we pulled a goal back as M.Vandamme curled into the area and S.Pino headed in past the Everton keeper. On the 72nd minute J.Ashmeade timed his run wrong and his goal was ruled out for offside. With six minutes remaining in the game we pulled level as O.Scherbakov ran onto a M.Vandamme through-ball to round the keeper and fire into the empty net. The scoring was finished as deep into injury time we grabbed the winner as O.Scherbakov hit a long range effort past the Everton keeper to silence the home crowd.

Everton 2-3 Man Utd G.Mancini 2, Y.Bondarenko 34 /S.Pino 62, O.Scherbakov 84, 90+2

K.Swaby, T.Jarvis, J.Smith, A.De Russis, B.Oppong, M.Khumalo (S.Pino), A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, K.Jardine (J.Ashmeade), A.Grossi (O.Scherbakov)

December 28th:

Random rumour for the day sees me being linked heavily with the vacant Crystal Palace job, after being asked about this I let them know in no uncertain terms I wasn't interested in leaving Old Trafford yet

December 31st:

The World Team of the Year has been announced and two of my players have been named with A.Xhepa and D.Leonardi in the side

J.Ashmeade has been awarded the North American Player of the Year

The end of the month sees my side in 2nd place three points behind Liverpool after twenty games

January 2038:

January 1st:

Award news sees me picking up the Manger of the Month award for December after winning five of the six games my side played

With the transfer window opening I have brought in two players with Donato Benedetti who is a 25yr old striker for £51,000,000 and Grace Mokulu who is a 26yr old attacking midfielder for £74,000,000. Both came from AS Saint-Etienne

Chelsea (a) (21/38)

We didn't get started in the game and on the 18th minute we went a goal down as Y.Le Bras ran through my defence with real ease and fired under K.Swaby. Ten minutes later they had another chance to score with a curling effort which had K.Swaby at full stretch to save. On the 38th minute Chelsea came close to second goal as they flew past my defence but the ball went just wide. On the stroke of half time it was two nil as N.Tataje jinked through my defence and hit the ball with power past K.Swaby.

The second half wasn't much better as Chelsea piled the forward pressure but luckily for us they struggled to get past K.Swaby but with nine minutes remaining in the game Chelsea grabbed a third and final goal as N.Tataje fired his second of the game.. Just before the final whistle we got a goal back as O.Scherbakov headed in a D.Leonardi cross but it was more than we deserved, a dire performance

Chelsea 3-1 Man Utd Y.Le Bras 18, N.Tataje 45, 81 / O.Scherbakov 90

K.Swaby, T.Jarvis, J.Smith, A.De Russis, B.Oppong (P.Lane), M.Khumalo, A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, K.Jardine (S.Pino), A.Grossi (O.Scherbakov)

Injury news sees D.Leonardi out for around 2-3 weeks after straining his groin in the Chelsea match