The Making of a Legend: The Mark Wilson Chronicles (Part Ten: Will Wilson enjoy a trip to the Theatre of Dreams)

mark wilson27

Premier Division Final Table:

1st: Man City (84pts) (Champions) (Champs Cup)

2nd: Man Utd (82) (Champs Cup)

3rd: Sunderland (75) (Champs Cup)

4th: Tottenham (75) (Champs Cup)

5th: Everton (75) (EURO Cup)

6th: Chelsea (64) (EURO Cup)

7th: Southampton (53)

8th: Arsenal (53) (Champs Cup)

9th: Liverpool (52)

10th: Crystal Palace (50)

11th: Brighton (47)

12th: Watford (46)

13th: Leicester (45)

14th: Swansea (43)

15th: West Brom (39)

16th: Derby Co (38)

17th: Hull (38)

18th: Stoke (36) (Relegated)

19th: Newcastle (26) (Relegated)

20th: Brentford (25) (Relegated)

Man Utd End of Season Awards

Fans Player of the Season: C.Yildirim (48%)

Young Player of the Season: M.Vandamme

Top Scorer: C.Yildirim (33)

Highest Average Rating: C.Yildirim (7.40)

Most Man of the Match Awards: D.Leonardi (7)

Most Yellow Card: M.Taramasco (8)

Most Red Cards: U.Akilu (1)

June 25th:

The board have released their expectations for the forthcoming season:

They want me to win the Premiership, the Champions Cup they expect to reach the Semi Finals, The European Super Cup and Community Shield their not bothered about

The FA Cup they expect us back in the final and the EFL Cup they couldn't give a damn about

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Season Twenty 2035/36:

July 2035:

July 1st:

Transfer news sees I de Paula released on a free

July 8th:

The first friendly of the preseason sees us facing Sheff Utd and we only managed to draw 1-1 with P.Parkinson scoring our goal

July 11th:

Transfer news sees P.Parkinson joining Arsenal for £9,500,000 and the fee could eventually rise to £11,250,000

July 13th:

Our next friendly sees us facing Celtic and we hammered them 6-1 with K.Jardine grabbing a goal, S.Pino grabbing a brace and A.Grossi scoring himself a hat-trick

July 17th;

The next friendly sees us facing Napoli and in an entertaining game we lost 3-2 with G.Bruni and C.Yildirim grabbing our goals

July 21st:

The next game saw us losing 2-1 to INTER with K.Jardine grabbing our only goal

July 25th:

Our next friendly sees us thrashing Guangzho 4-0 thanks to an own goal from G.Haifeng and goals from M.Khumalo, A.Grossi and G.Bruni

July 28th:

The odds for the forthcoming season sees us second favourites at 2-1 with Manchester City quoted Evens favourites

The friendly for today sees us beating Fuli 7-3 with M.Vandamme grabbing a hat-trick, A.Grossi grabbing a brace and the other two goals coming from L.King and D.Leonardi

July 31st:

The final friendly of the month sees us facing AS Monaco and we beat them 4-0 with A.Grossi grabbing a brace and the other two goals coming from M.Vandamme and S.Pino

August 2035:

August 5th:

Man City (Wembley, London) Community Shield

The game started well for us as on the 16th minute we grabbed the lead as D.Leonardi hit home under F.Rivera from ten yards. Soon after we had another chance with K.Jardine jinked through the defence but his final effort was pretty lame. Just before the half hour we made it two nil with C.Yildirim heading in from a M.Vandamme cross. We were in complete control over last years champions and on the stroke of half time it was three nil with K.Jardine making up for his previous dire effort with a thunderbolt into the top corner.

The second half had barely started when we added another goal as C.Yildirim threaded the ball to the feet of M.Vandamme who lashed the ball through the City defence and past the keeper. On the 57th minute though City managed to pull a goal back as R.Luscher showed some skill to beat my defence and wasted no time in firing past J.Brennan. This didn't deter my players as on the 72nd minute C.Yildirim grabbed his second of the game with a curling effort into the top corner. Four minutes later we added our sixth game with D.Leonardi running onto a C.Yildirim through-ball to dink the ball over F.Rivera. Their was one final goal in the game as P.Thomsen ran onto a loose ball from J.Smith to fire in a second goal for Man City.

A great win to start the season

Man Utd 6-2 Man City D.Leonardi 16, 76, C.Yildirim 28, 72, K.Jardine 45+1, M.Vandamme 47 / R.Luscher 57, P.Thomsen 84

Man Utd: J.Brennan, L.King (M.Taramasco), T.Franco (A.De Russis), J.Smith, U.Akilu (capt), A.Xhepa, A.Kone (S.Pino), D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme (M.Khumalo), K.Jardine, C.Yildirim

Man City: F.Rivera, K.Zabala, F.Tonz (capt), P.Marx (C.Arrizabalaga), K.Gerland (G.Hazelhurst), M.Cortes (L.Edwards), I.Coda Zabetta (B.Platt), S.Diaby, R.Luscher, J.Sola (I.Etxabe), P.Thomsen

August 6th:

I have been asked to choose the Captain and Vice Captain for the forthcoming season, I have decided to stick with U.Akilu as my captain and K.Jardine as my vice captain

August 11th:

Burnley (h) Premier Division (1/38)

Eight minutes into the game we had our first chance as D.Leonardi crossed into the area but C.Yildirim headed wide of the post. On the 20th minute we had another chance as C.Yildirim beat the offside trap but his final effort was pretty dire and it went wide of the post. Six minutes later Burnley had their chance to score with a great team move which was ended by a thunderous challenge from U.Akilu. With nine minutes remaining in the game we had our next chance but this time it was from the spot after K.Jardine was fouled in the area, A.Kone stepped up and fired hard into the net. The second half was six minutes old when Burnley had the chance to score with a rasping effort which was diverted wide by U.Akilu. On the 68th minute Burnley came close again but J.Brennan denied them. We were on the back foot alittle but on the 79th minute we had the final chance of the game as A.Grossi headed a S.Pino cross straight into the Burnley keepers arms

Man Utd 1-0 Burnley A.Kone 36 pen

J.Brennan, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith (A.De Russis), U.Akilu, A.Xhepa, A.Kone, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, K.Jardine (S.Pino), C.Yildirim (A.Grossi)

August 14th

Arsenal (Telia Parken, Copenhagen) European Super Cup

It was a slow start to the game with neither my side or the Arsenal side managing to pass the ball than a couple of times. On the 26th minute saw Arsenal coming close to scoring with B.Leto trying his luck but J.Brennan saved well to deny him. Ten minutes later we had our first chance as M.Vandamme curled the ball into the area but K.Jardine failed to hit the target. On the stroke of half time we managed to grab the lead as M.Vandamme again whipped a brilliant cross into the area and G.Bruni half volleyed the ball past N.Lecocq who was helpless to stop it.

The second half was a lot more open with my side and the Arsenal side piling on the forward pressure and just before the hour mark we doubled our lead with M.Vandamme running through the Arsenal defence with ease and firing with pace under N.Lecocq. However Arsenal responded well and on the 73rd minute A.Luiz finished a brilliant piece of play to fire the ball past J.Brennan. Six minutes later Arsenal had another chance with J.Ashmeade stinging the fingers of J.Brennan after my defence seemed to fall asleep. With two minutes remaining in the game we had the chance to kill any chance of an Arsenal comeback with a long range effort from A.Grossi which flew just over the crossbar.

Man Utd 2-1 Arsenal G.Bruni 45, M.Vandamme 58 / A.Luiz 73

Man Utd: J.Brennan, L.King, T.Franco (A.De Russis), J.Smith, U.Akilu (capt), A.Xhepa, A.Kone, D.Leonardi (inj 3 G.Bruni), M.Vandamme, K.Jardine, C.Yildirim (A.Grossi)

Arsenal: N.Lecocq, P.Vasquez, A.Guerin (capt), G.Ngassa, N.Arnold, P.Parkinson (J.Ashmeade), R.Martin, P.Petkov (K.Battersby), B.Leto, D.Mastrogiannis (M.Nieuwenburg), A.Luiz

After the game I was informed that D.Leonardi will be out for around a fortnight after straining his ankle ligaments during the Super Cup

The win was our first win in the competition since 2023

August 19th:

West Ham (a) (2/38)

West Ham began the game well and on the 11th minute they took the lead as B.McDermott ran through my defence with ease and fired under J.Brennan. Ten minutes later they had another chance with a long range effort which stung the fingers of J.Brennan. We were on the back foot but on the 36th minute West Ham were reduced to ten men after N.Christie was sent off for a two footed lunge on M.Khumalo.

The second half was better for my side as we started to play better against the ten men but it took till the 75th minute to grab the equaliser as C.Yildirim beat the offside trap and fire past the keeper. Four minutes later it was 2-1 as S.Pino ran onto a C.Yildirim through-ball to fire with pace past the West Ham keeper. With two minutes remaining in the game we had another chance with a curling effort from C.Yildirim which rattled the upright.

West Ham 1-2 Man Utd B.McDermott 11 / C.Yildirim 75, S.Pino 79

J.Brennan, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith, U.Akilu, A.Xhepa, A.Kone, M.Khumalo (G.Bruni), M.Vandamme, K.Jardine (S.Pino), A.Grossi (C.Yildrim)

• 2 weeks later...

August 24th:

Everton (h) (3/38)

A good start to the game saw us taking the lead on the 13th minute as A.Xhepa rattled the ball in from the outside to the area to give the keeper no chance of saving. Ten minutes later we had another chance with M.Vandamme threading the ball to the feet of A.Xhepa who lashed the ball wide of the post. We were all over Everton and on the 39th minute we had another chance with A.Grossi heading wide of the post from A.Kone's cross. The second half was much the same and on the hour mark we had another chance with C.Yildirim curling the ball just wide of the post from the outside of the area. Everton weren't getting much of the ball and with twelve minutes remaining we were awarded a penalty as A.Xhepa was brought down in the area, C.Yildirim stepped up and fired the ball straight into the keepers arms. On the 85th minute though our lack of goals bit us in the ass as S.Veloso ran through the defence and fired with pace past J.Brennan who was too slow to react. I was disappointed with the scoreline but I suppose its one of those things

Man Utd 1-1 Everton A.Xhepa 13 / S.Veloso 85

J.Brennan, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith, U.Akilu, M.Khumalo (S.Pino), A.Xhepa, A.Kone, M.Vandamme, K.Jardine (G.Bruni), A.Grossi (C.Yildirim)

August 30th:

The draw for the EFL Cup 3rd round has taken place and we have been drawn away from home against Championship side Reading

The draw for the Champions Cup Group Stage has also taken place and is as follows

Group A: Man Utd (ENG), Paris Saint-Germain (FRA), Celtic (SCO), AEK (GRE)

Group B: Olympique Lyonnais (FRA), Bayern (GER), Arsenal (ENG), Anderlecht (BEL)

Group C: A.Madrid (ESP), FCP (POR), Dinamo (CRO), Sunderland (ENG)

Group D: Barcelona (ESP), Juventus (ITA), FC Kobenhavn (DEN), CSKA Moscow (RUS)

Group E: Tottenham (ENG), R.Madrid (ESP), Sporting (POR), FC Red Bull Salzburg (AUT)

Group F: Man City (ENG), Napoli (ITA), En Avant de Guingamp (FRA), Basel (SUI)

Group G: OM (FRA), Dortmund (GER), Shakhtar (UKR), Ajax (NED)

Group H: INTER (ITA), Leverkusen (GER), Club Brugge (BEL), Red Star (SRB)

August 31st:

Transfer news sees Jahzeel Ashmeade joining us from Arsenal for a fee of £19,500,000. He is a 23yr old striker

September 2035:

September 1st;

Hull (a) (4/38)

A dire game for the fans with very little in the way of action as neither my side or the Hull side getting past the middle third of the pitch. The first half saw not a single effort on goal by either side. The second half wasn't much better with noone getting close to scoring and the match ended with a boring stalemate

Hull 0-0 Man Utd

J.Brennan, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith, U.Akilu, M.Khumalo (L.Guglielmi), A.Xhepa (D.Leonardi), A.Kone, M.Vandamme, K.Jardine, C.Baker (C.Yildirim)

September 10th:

The odds for the forthcoming Champions Cup have been released and we have quoted at 15-2 with favourites being French side OM who have been quoted at 5-1

• 3 weeks later...

September 15th:

West Brom (h) (5/38)

We began the better and on the 8th minute we had our first chance as C.Baker rattled the crossbar from outside the area. Ten minutes later we had another chance with K.Jardine crossing into the area but M.Vandamme headed straight into the keepers arms. We were all over the West Brom side and on the 26th minute we finally took the lead as A.Kone jinked into the area and fired under the keeper. With ten minutes remaining in the half we had our next chance as C.Baker again hit the crossbar from close range when it was easier to score. The second half was much the same as we piled on the pressure and just after the hour mark S.Pino curled the ball just wide of the post,. With twelve minutes remaining in the game we nearly let ourselves down as West Brom came close to scoring but J.Brennan was alert enough to block the shot.

Man Utd 1-0 West Brom A.Kone 26

J.Brennan, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith, U.Akilu, M.Khumalo (L.Guglielmi), A.Xhepa, A.Kone, M.Vandamme, K.Jardine (D.Leonardi), C.Baker (S.Pino)

September 18th:

Celtic (h) Champions Cup Grp A (1/6)

My first meeting with my old club and we started poorly as Celtic took the lead as A.Kone diverted a cross past J.Brennan. Soon after they had another chance with a powerful strike which stung the fingers of my keeper. We just weren't getting going at all and on the 23rd minute Celtic had the ball in the back of the net but luckily for us it was ruled out for a foul on T.Franco. On the half hour we had our first chance of the match with a long range effort from K.Jardine which clipped the crossbar and went out. With seven minutes remaining in the half we grabbed the equaliser as D.Leonardi jinked through the Celtic defence with real ease and rounded the keeper to slide the ball into the empty net.

The second half was alittle better for my side as they reacted to my half time team talk and on the 65th minute we were awarded a penalty after D.Leonardi was brought down in the area, A.Kone stepped up and fired the penalty with power past the keeper. However seven minutes later an error by K.Chui-Ho saw M.Mamic firing in past J.Brennan. I was livid and and the fourth official had to calm me down, again my rant seemed to work as on the 76th minute A.Grossi volleyed a cross in from a D.Leonardi cross to win us the game, but I was far from happy with the teams overall performance

Man Utd 3-2 Celtic D.Leonardi 38, A.Kone 65 pen, A.Grossi 76 / A.Kone og 6, M.Mamic 72

J.Brennan, L.King, T.Franco (J.Smith), K.Chui-Ho, U.Akilu, A.Xhepa, A.Kone, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme (S.Pino), K.Jardine (A.Grossi), C.Yildirim

Other Grp A Result: Paris Saint-Germain 2-0 AEK

September 22nd:

Arsenal (a) (6/38)

Arsenal had the first chance of the game as they beat my side to the ball and fired towards goal but J.Brennan saved well to deny them. On the 22nd minute they had another chance but K.Chui-Ho blocked the effort brilliantly. Just before the half hour we had our first chance of the game with C.Yildirim jinking through the defence and firing under the keeper but the ball bobbled wide of the post. On the 36th minute though we broke the deadlock with K.Jardine running into the area unmarked and wasted no time in heading an A.Xhepa cross past the keeper. With four minutes remaining in the half we grabbed a second goal as C. Yildrim barged into the area and fired past the diving keeper.

The second half was dominated by my side and on the 58th minute M.Vandamme came close with a curling effort which was well saved by the Arsenal keeper. Ten minutes later we made it three nil as T.Franco headed in a M.Vandamme corner into the top corner after A.Grossi's initial effort was well saved. With ten minutes remaining in the game Arsenal had the chance to pull a goal back but K.Chui-Ho bravely put his body in the way of a powerful effort. On the 89th minute they had another chance with a great team move but J.Brennan saved well to deny them

Arsenal 0-3 Man Utd K.Jardine 36, C.Yildirim 41, T.Franco 68

J.Brennan, L.King, T.Franco (J.Smith), K.Chui-Ho, U.Akilu, A.Xhepa, A.Kone, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme, K.Jardine (S.Pino), C.Yildirim (A.Grossi)

• 2 weeks later...

September 25th:

Reading (a) EFL Cup 3rd Rd

We started the better and on the 11th minute C.Yildirim rattled the crossbar from ten yards after running in from the byline. However nine minutes later a poor challenge by T.Franco saw Reading awarded a penalty which T.Chettleburgh duly fired in. Just after the half hour we had our next chance with a curling effort from K.Jardine which stung the fingers of the Reading keeper. We were starting toe control the game and with two minutes remaining in the half we levelled the scores as A.Kone's cross was diverted by A.Nottage past his own keeper.

The second half was again all my side and on the 64th minute Reading were reduced to ten men after G.Correia was sent off for a second yellow card. Six minutes later I was forced into a change as J.Smith came on for the injured K.Chui-Ho. With eleven minutes remaining in the game we grabbed the winning goal as A.Xhepa showed some pace to get through the Reading defence and fired under the onrushing keeper.

Reading 1-2 Man Utd T.Chettleburgh 20 pen / A.Nottage og 43, A.Xhepa 79

J.Brennan, L.King, T.Franco, K.Chui-Ho (inj 70 – J.Smith), U.Akilu, A.Xhepa, A.Kone, D.Leonardi, M.Vandamme (S.Pino), K.Jardine (A.Grossi), C.Yildirim

Injury news sees K.Chui-Ho out for around six weeks after straining his knee ligaments during the match

September 29th:

The draw for the EFL Cup 4th Rd sees us drawn away to Premiership side Sunderland

Derby (a) (7/38)

We controlled much of the first half and on the 23rd minute we took the lead as L.Guglielmi jinked through the defence and wasted no time in firing under the keeper. Soon after we had another chance with M.Vandamme rattling the crossbar from outside the area. On the 36th minute we had a goal ruled out by the referee after C.Yildirim was adjudged to have fouled the keeper whilst heading a K.Jardine cross into the net.

The second half was much the same as we dominated the majority of it however just before the hour a slip in concentration saw J.Santana equalising for the Rams. This was just a blip though as on the 78th minute we regained the lead with a thunderous strike from substitute A.Grossi which gave the keeper no chance of saving. We scored one more goal on the 84th minute with A.Grossi being the architect. A great performance in which we deserved a lot more goals.

Derby 1-3 Man Utd J.Santana 59 / L.Guglielmi 23, A.Grossi 78, 84

J.Brennan, L.King, A.De Russis, J.Smith, B.Oppong, A.Xhepa, A.Kone, L.Guglielmi, M.Vandamme (S.Pino), K.Jardine (A.Grossi), C.Yildirim (J.Ashmeade)

The end of the month sees us in 2nd place a single point behind leaders Chelsea

• 2 weeks later...

October 2035:

October 1st:

Award news sees T.Franco winning the Premier Division Young Player of the Month for September after an impressive three games and earning a rating of 7.40

October 3rd:

AEK (a) Champions Cup Grp A (2/6)

Our first group game and a poor start saw AEK taking the lead in the 4th minute as F.Sala saw J.Brennan off his line and lobbed him from twenty five yards. We responded well and eleven minutes later we had equalised as K.Jardine whipped a free-kick into the top corner to give the keeper no chance of saving. On the 24th minute we grabbed a second goal and the lead as L.Guglielmi headed in a K.Jardine cross from six yards. With eight minutes remaining in the half we grabbed another goal as A.Kone fired in from the penalty spot after K.Jardine was brought down just inside the area.

The second half was all my United side as we peppered the AEK keeper with shot after shot however it took till the 82nd minute for us get the fourth goal we deserved as A.Grossi ran through the defence with ease to slot the ball in under the keeper.

AEK 1-4 Man Utd F.Sala 4 / K.Jardine 15, L.Guglielmi 24, A.Kone 37 pen, A.Grossi 82

J.Brennan, L.King, A.De Russis, J.Smith, B.Oppong (P.Lane), A.Xhepa, A.Kone, L.Guglielmi (A.Grossi), M.Vandamme, K.Jardine, C.Yildirim (J.Ashmeade)

Other Group A Result: Celtic 1-0 Paris Saint-Germain

October 6th:

Tottenham (h) (8/38)

We didn't get off to the best of starts as on the 9th minute D.Williams ran through my defence with ease and fired under J.Brennan. Ten minutes later they had another chance with a rasping effort from outside the area which was well saved. We weren't getting near the ball at all and on the 34th minute Tottenham grabbed another goal with a long range effort from K.Szczudiowski which gave my keeper little chance of saving. Three minutes later I was forced into a change as J.Ashmeade came on for the injured C.Yildirim.

The second half was a different story as my players reacted to my half time team talk. We piled on the forward pressure and on the 64th minute we were awarded a penalty after J.Ashmeade was brought down in the area, A.Kone stepped up and fired the penalty with pace past the keeper. Seven minutes later we grabbed the equaliser as S.Pino jinked through the area and fired with power into the bottom corner. It was becoming too easy for my side and on the 78th minute J.Ashmeade hit home from twenty yards to give us all three points. With nine minutes remaining in the game Spurs were reduced to ten men after K.Szczudiowski earnt a second yellow card which was followed by the red

Man Utd 3-2 Tottenham A.Kone 64 pen, S.Pino 71, J.Ashmeade 78 / D.Williams 9, K.Szczudiowksi 34

J.Brennan, L.King, A.De Russis, J.Smith, B.Oppong, A.Xhepa, A.Kone, L.Guglielmi (S.Pino), M.Vandamme, K.Jardine (A.Grossi), C.Yildirim (inj 37 – J.Ashmeade)

Injury news sees C.Yildirim out for around a month after spraining his ankle during the Tottenham game

October 12th:

More injury news sees G.Bruni our for around a month after spraining his ankle in training

• 3 weeks later...

October 20th:

Leicester (a) (9/38)

My side started poorly again as Leicester piled on the forward pressure and on the 17th minute they were awarded a penalty after a handball by A.Grossi in the area, A.Seck stepped up and fired the corner into the top corner. Ten minutes later they had another chance with a curling effort which had J.Brennan at full stretch to save. We were being outplayed again and on the 38th minute A.De Russis was the hero with a brilliant tackle to deny the Leicester attack. The second half was much the same as Leicester controlled the play and on the 57th minute they had another chance to score with a well worked team move which was ended by A.De Russis's late challenge. Seven minutes later though we grabbed a very undeserved equaliser as A.Grossi fired in from the edge of the area. On the 83rd minute Leicester were awarded another penalty after A.Grossi again fouled in the area to earn him a second yellow card followed by the red. From the resulting penalty A.Seck fired wide. A point from the game is more then we deserved

Leicester 1-1 Man Utd A.Seck 17 pen / A.Grossi 64

J.Brennan, L.King (P.Lane), A.De Russis, J.Smith, B.Oppong (M.Taramasco), A.Xhepa (A.Kone), D.Leonardi, L.Guglielmi, M.Vandamme, S.Pino, A.Grossi

A.Grossi will miss the next domestic match after his sending off, he has also been fined a weeks wages

October 24th:

Paris Saint-Germain (h) Champions Cup Grp A (3/6)

After the poor starts recent we actually began the better and on the 14th minute we came close to opening the scoring with A.Grossi jinking into the area and firing just wide of the post. Seven minutes later we got the lead we deserved as A.Grossi rose above the defence and headed a D.Leonardi cross past the keeper. We came close to scoring another goal on the 28th minute as S.Pino jinked through the defence but the Paris Saint-Germain keeper saved well to deny him. Three minutes later we got the second goal we deserved as A.Kone fired in a thunderous into the top corner. With seven minutes remaining in the half a poor clearance by J.Smith was intercepted and S.Frigerio fired low past J.Brennan. The second half was a different story as Paris Saint-Germain upped the gears and on the 69th minute they levelled the scores with R.Fuentes firing in from the penalty spot after L.King was adjudged to have fouled in the area. Ten minutes later we messed up again as some woeful defending saw R.Fuentes clear in the area and he wasted no time in firing low past my keeper to give the away side all three points

Man Utd 2-3 Paris Saint-Germain A.Grossi 21, A.Kone 31 / S.Frigerio 38, R.Fuentes 69 pen, 79

J.Brennan, L.King, A.De Russis, J.Smith, B.Oppong (P.Lane), D.Leonardi, M.Khumalo (M.Taramasco), L.Guglielmi (J.Ashmeade), A.Kone, S.Pino, A.Grossi

Other Group A Result: Celtic 0-0 AEK

Injury news sees L.Guglielmi out for around three weeks after twisting his ankle against Paris Saint-Germain

October 27th:

Man City (h) (10/38)

Six minutes into the game we took the lead as M.Khumalo jinked through the defence and fired under the City keeper. Soon after we had our next chance as J.Ashmeade beat the offside trap but his final effort went just wide. We were in control of the game but on the 34th minute City counter attacked us and P.Thomsen fired under the onrushing J.Brennan. With two minutes remaining in the half we retook the lead as A.Kone rose above the defence and headed a D.Leonardi cross past the keeper.

The second half was six minutes old when City equalised again as P.Thomsen grabbed his second of the game with a fine strike which gave my keeper no chance of saving. On the 56th minute though we again grabbed the lead as a long ball from J.Smith was half volleyed past the City keeper by M.Vandamme, Ten minutes later we had another chance to score with a cheeky lob from A.Kone which beat the keeper but the ball bounced off the top of the net and out. On the 78th minute we came close to another goal but J.Ashmeade's long range effort was tipped over the crossbar. With a minutes remaining in the game though we let ourselves down as P.Thomsen intercepted a stray pass and completed his hat-trick with a fine strike. A disappointing end to the game

Man Utd 3-3 Man City M.Khumalo 6, A.Kone 43, M.Vandamme 56 / P.Thomsen 34, 51, 89

J.Brennan, L.King, A.De Russis, J.Smith, B.Oppong (P.Lane), K.Jardine, M.Khumalo (M.Vandamme), D.Leonardi, A.Kone, S.Pino (M.Taramasco), J.Ashmeade

• 2 weeks later...

October 31st:

Sunderland (a) EFL Cup 4th Rd

A good start saw us taking the lead on the 18th minute as J.Ashmeade ran through the Sunderland defence with ease and fired past the keeper. Soon after we had another chance to score with a curling effort from A.Kone which was stopped by the keeper. We controlled the majority of play but with five minutes remaining in the half Sunderland grabbed the equaliser as J.Martin slotted in past J.Brennan after running through the defence with far too much ease.

The second half was pretty dire with neither my side or the Sunderland side managing to string more than a few passes together, however on the 76th minute we sent crashing out the cup as S.Chalmers headed in past J.Brennan to give Sunderland a 2-1 win. Not a happy manager at all

Sunderland 2-1 Man Utd J.Martin 40, S.Chalmers 76 / J.Ashmeade 18

J.Brennan, L.King, A.De Russis, J.Smith (P.Lane), B.Oppong (M.Vandamme), K.Jardine, M.Khumalo (M.Taramasco), D.Leonardi, A.Kone, S.Pino, J.Ashmeade

The end of the month sees us second in the league some three points behind leader Chelsea after ten games

• 2 weeks later...

November 2035:

November 3rd:

Chelsea (a) (11/38)

We were the better side to start with and on the 17th minute J.Ashmeade had our first real effort with a curling effort which had the Chelsea keeper at full stretch to save. Eight minutes later we came close again with low shot from D.Leonardi which went just wide of the post. On the 29th minute we finally broke the deadlock with S.Pino volleying a D.Leonardi cross into the top corner. Just before the break we had another chance as K.Jardine beat the offside trap and rattled the upright from ten yards.

The second half saw us nearly conceding within five minutes as Chelsea broke through my defence with ease but J.Brennan was alert enough to block the effort. On the hour mark we had our first chance of the half as M.Taramasco threaded the ball into the path of D.Leonardi who lashed the ball wide of the post. On the 77th minute we as finally added the second goal of the game as J.Ashmeade slotted in a M.Khumalo low cross. With five minutes remaining the final goal was scored with R.Garro heading in for Chelsea but it was too little too late

Chelsea 1-2 Man Utd R.Garro 85 / S.Pino 29, J.Ashmeade 77

J.Brennan, L.King, A.De Russis (P.Lane), J.Smith, B.Oppong (M.Vandamme), K.Jardine, M.Khumalo, D.Leonardi, A.Kone, S.Pino (M.Taramasco), J.Ashmeade

After the game I was informed that S.Pino will be out for around a fortnight after pulling his hamstring in the Chelsea game, also A.De Russis will be out for around 11 days after straining his wrist during the game

• 2 weeks later...

November 6th:

Paris Saint-Germain (a) Champs Cup Grp A (4/6)

We started the better and on the 14th minute we took the lead as K.Jardine jinked through the defence and fired into the top corner. It didn't take long for us to have the next effort as D.Leonardi curled the ball into the area but J.Ashmeade fluffed the effort just wide of the post. On the half hour it was PSG's turn to come close as they piled through my defence but J.Brennan blocked the effort well to deny them. With a minute remaining in the half we had our next chance as K.Jardine crossed into the area but D.Leonardi volleyed straight into the keepers arms.

The second half was nine minutes old when the next goal was scored as J.Ashmeade finally got the goal his performance deserved as he fired in a low D.Leonardi cross. Just before the hour mark we were awarded a penalty as a D.Leonardi shot was handled in the area, A.Grossi stepped up and fired the penalty past the keeper. On the 64th minute PSG showed they were still up for the battle as A.Cortes ran in from the wing and curled the ball past the outstretched arms of J.Brennan. We were all over the French side and with twelve minutes remaining in the game C.Yildirim grabbed our fourth and final goal with a low shot from the six yard box to give us a convincing 4-1 win.

Paris Saint-Germain 1-4 Man Utd A.Cortes 64 / K.Jardine 14, J.Ashmeade 54, A.Grossi 59 pen, C.Yildirim 78

J.Brennan, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith, B.Oppong, K.Jardine, M.Khumalo (A.Xhepa), D.Leonardi, A.Kone (A.Grossi), M.Vandamme, J.Ashmeade (C.Yildirim)

Other Grp A Result:

AEK 0-0 Celtic

November 10th:

Brighton (h) (12/38)

We were the better side by far and on the 18th minute we had our first chance with a long range effort from M.Vandamme which rattled the upright. Eight minutes later we grabbed the lead as K.Jardine jinked through he defence and fired with pace past the onrushing keeper. With ten minutes remaining in the half we had yet another chance to score with A.Grossi firing just wide of the post. On the 43rd minute Brighton had the chance to score after T.Franco fouled in the area, S.Kaya stepped up and fired straight into the keepers arms.

The second half was six minutes old when Brighton grabbed a goal however it was in the wrong net as O.Babych diverted a D.Leonardi cross past his own keeper. We were in control of the game and on the 73rd minute we had another chance to score as C.Yildirim headed a K.Jardine cross just wide of the post. With eleven minutes remaining in the game we made it 3-0 as D.Leonardi fired a curler into the top corner of the net. On the 84th minute Brighton were awarded yet another penalty after P.Lane fouled in the area, S.Kaya stepped up again and J.Brennan guessed right to save. The Brighton fans did have something to cheer about as on the stroke of full time J.Springer headed in to give them a late goal

Man Utd 3-1 Brighton K.Jardine 26, O.Babych 51 og, D.Leonardi 79 / J.Springer 90+1

J.Brennan, L.King, T.Franco, J.Smith, B.Oppong (P.Lane), K.Jardine, M.Khumalo (A.Xhepa), D.Leonardi, A.Grossi, M.Vandamme, J.Ashmeade (C.Yildirim)

November 14th:

Injury news sees M.Khumalo our for around 3-4 months after breaking his foot on International duty with England

November 20th:

More injury news on International duty sees C.Yildirim out for around two months after damaging his hip

• 2 weeks later...

November 23rd:

Liverpool (a) (13/38)

Not a great first half for the fans that came to watch with both my side and the Liverpool side cancelling each other out. The ball pretty much spent ninety percent of the time in the middle third of the pitch. The second half was alittle better with a few attacks but nothing of real note, until the 82nd minute when D.Leonardi screwed his cross past the Liverpool keeper to give us all three points. Not a great game at all

Liverpool 0-1 Man Utd D.Leonardi 82

J.Brennan, M.Taramasco, T.Franco (K.Chui-Ho), J.Smith, B.Oppong, K.Jardine, S.Pino, D.Leonardi, A.Grossi, M.Vandamme (A.Kone), J.Ashmeade (A.Xhepa)

November 28th:

Celtic (a) Champions Cup Grp A (5/6)

I returned to my old stomping ground and my side had the first shot of the game as J.Ashmeade sprinted into the area to head as M.Vandamme cross but the header went over the crossbar. On the 19th minute Celtic had the next chance with a long range effort which had J.Brennan at full stretch to save. Four minutes later though he was helpless to save the shot from M.Mamic who shot from inside the area. On the stroke of half time the next effort of the game saw M.Vandamme trying his luck from twenty yards but the shot went wide of the post.

The second half was pretty much centred in the middle third of the pitch . My side had the first effort of the half on the 73rd minute as A.Kone ran into the area but his final effort was pretty much like our play dire. Celtic had one last chance in the game as on the stroke of full time they broke through my defence but J.Brenna saved well to deny them a second goal.

Celtic 1-0 Man Utd M.Mamic 23

J.Brennan, M.Taramasco (L.King), T.Franco, J.Smith, B.Oppong, K.Jardine, S.Pino (A.Xhepa), D.Leonardi, A.Grossi, M.Vandamme, J.Ashmeade (A.Kone)

Other Grp A Result:

AEK 0-2 Paris Saint-Germain

The end of the month sees us sitting second in the table after thirteen games level on points with Chelsea who have scored more goals than us

December 2035:

December 1st:

The start of the month sees me being awarded the Manager of the Month award for November after winning all three games played in the league

Watford (h) (14/38)

Watford had the better of the first half with some great play and on the 19th minute they came close with a thunderous effort which had J.Brennan at full stretch to save. Eight minutes later though I was forced into a change as K.Swaby came on for the injured J.Brennan. With six minutes remaining in the half Watford had their next chance with a curling effort which tested K.Swaby. Deep into injury time Watford finally broke the deadlock with a low shot from J.Anderson which beat K.Swaby to his near post.

The second half was alittle better for us as we started to actually play and on the 54th minute we had our first effort as we broke through the defence but M.Vandamme's effort went just wide of the post. Eight minutes later though we finally grabbed the equaliser as S.Pino fired in from ten yards after running onto a B.Oppong through-ball. On the 69th minute we grabbed the lead with S.Pino doing the honours again with a brilliant effort from outside the area. With twelve minutes remaining in the game w had our next and final effort as A.Xhepa shot low past the keeper but the upright saved Watford from losing another goal

Man Utd 2-1 Watford S.Pino 62, 69 / J.Anderson 45+1

J.Brennan (inj 27 – K.Swaby), M.Taramasco, T.Franco, J.Smith, B.Oppong, K.Jardine (A.Kone), S.Pino, D.Leonardi, A.Grossi, M.Vandamme, J.Ashmeade (A.Xhepa)

After the game I was informed that J.Brennan will miss around three weeks after fracturing his arm during the game.

December 4th:

AEK (h) Champions Cup Grp A (6/6)

Five minutes into the game we took the lead as K.Jardine jinked through the area and fired under the AEK area. Ten minutes later we had another chance to score with a thunderous effort from M.Vandamme which rattled off the upright. On the 34th minute we came close to another goal with a well worked team move which was thwarted by the AEK keeper. On the stroke of half time we finally got the second goal we deserved as K.Jardine hit a free-kick into the top corner after J.Ashmeade was fouled just outside the area.

The second half was four minutes old when we added another goal with A.Xhepa heading in from a D.Leonardi cross. On the hour mark we had yet another chance with A.Kone curling towards the top corner but it didn't curl enough and went wide. On the 62nd minute we finally got our fourth goal as T.Franco headed a M.Vandamme corner past the AEK keeper. We were all over the AEK side and with Seven minutes remaining in the game we grabbed the fifth goal with M.Vandamme slotting in off the upright from six yards. The scoring wasn't finished as on the 86th minute T.Franco grabbed his second goal of the game with a brave header from a free-kick.

Man Utd 6-0 AEK K.Jardine 5, 45, A.Xhepa 49, T.Franco 62, 86, M.Vandamme 83

K.Swaby, M.Taramasco, T.Franco, J.Smith (K.Chui-Ho), B.Oppong, K.Jardine, S.Pino (A.Xhepa), D.Leonardi, A.Grossi (A.Kone), M.Vandamme, J.Ashmeade

Other Grp A Result:

Paris Saint-Germain 3-0 Celtic

Final Grp A Standings:

Man Utd 12pts, Paris Saint-Germain 12pts, Celtic 8pts, AEK 2pts

December 9th:

The draw for the Club World Championship semi finals sees us facing Raja Club Athletic (MOR)

December 10th:

The FA Cup 3rd Rd draw sees us facing an away tie with local Premier Division rival Manchester City

December 12th:

Raja Casablanca (Stade Olympique, Rades) World Club Championship Semi Final

We flew out the blocks and on the 5th minute we took the lead as J.Smith headed in a M.Vandamme cross. Two minutes later we grabbed another goal as A.Kone fired in from the penalty spot after A.Grossi was brought down in the area. We were all over them and on the 11th minute as added another as A.Grossi curled in from the corner of the area. Straight from kick off we intercepted the ball and grabbed another goal with Z.Boucetta diverting a S.Pino cross past his own keeper. It was far too easy and on the 24th minute A.Grossi grabbed his second goal of the game with a fine strike from outside the area to give the keeper no chance of saving. Seven minutes later A.Grossi completed his hat-trick with a low shot which beat the keeper to his near post.

The second half was alittle bit quieter and on the 68th minute we added goal number seven as K.Jardine hit home a wonderful free-kick from 25 yards after J.Ashmeade was brought down on the way to goal. Three minutes later Casablanca grabbed their first goal of the game as O.Laouredi fired in from the penalty spot after T.Franco handled in the area. Their was one more goal in the game as on the 86th minute A.Kone fired in from the penalty spot after M.Vandamme was brought down in the area.

Man Utd 8-1 Raja Casablanca J.Smith 5, A.Kone 7 pen, 86 pen, A.Grossi 11, 24, 31, Z.Boucetta 12 og, K.Jardine 68 / O.Laouredi 71 pen

K.Swaby, M.Taramasco (L.King), T.Franco, J.Smith (K.Chui-Ho), U.Akilu, K.Jardine, S.Pino (A.Xhepa), A.Kone, A.Grossi, M.Vandamme, J.Ashmeade

We will be facing COR in the final of the World Club Championship to played on the 15th December

December 15th:

COR (Stade Olympique, Rades) World Club Championship Final

We controlled the final with ease and on the 16th minute we took the lead as J.Ashmeade ran into the area with the ball and fired under the onrushing Mauro. Six minutes later M.Vandamme had the next chance with a low shot which went just wide of the post. We were all over COR and on the 34th minute A.Grossi headed wide from a K.Jardine cross. Six minutes later COR was forced into a change as B.Pego came on for the injured W.Ceccatol. On the 41st minute we made it two nil as K.Jardine curled into the top corner from the edge of the area after running onto a S.Pino through-ball.

The second half was much the same as we piled on the pressure and on the 58th minute A.Grossi had the chance to score with a low shot which was tipped round the post by Mauro. Ten minutes later A.Xhepa came close to scoring as he ran onto a A.Grossi through-ball and fired towards goal but Mauro saved well to deny them. On the 74th minute we finally grabbed goal number three as U.Akilu crossed into the area and A.Grossi headed in past the helpless Mauro. We had one final chance on the 89th minute as M.Vandamme rattled the upright from close range after a great pass by A.Grossi. The perfect performance

Man Utd 3-0 COR J.Ashmeade 16, K.Jardine 41, A.Grossi 74

Man Utd: K.Swaby, M.Taramasco (L.King), T.Franco (K.Chui-Ho), A.De Russis, U.Akilu (capt), K.Jardine, S.Pino, A.Kone, A.Grossi, M.Vandamme, J.Ashmeade (A.Xhepa)

COR: Mauro, A.Luiz, W.Ceccatol (inj-40 B.Pego), O.Howlett, A.Jose, Alex, W.Pazzianotto, J.Aldo (P.Airan), Jeffinho, Ferreira, Falcao (capt) (S.Luiz)

The win is our first win in the tournament since 2023 when we beat Independiente

A.Grossi has been named as the tournaments best player after scoring four goals in two games and earning a rating of 8.95

December 17th:

The draw for the European Champions Cup First Knockout Round sees us facing Danish side FC Kobenhavn. The first leg will be away from home

December 19th:

Sunderland (a) (15/38)

Well what can I say about this performance. We never got going and seemed to be suffering from the World Club Championship. On the 18th minute Sunderland took the lead as L.Davies headed in from close range. This was followed three minutes later by L.Davies firing in his second goal. Straight from kick off Sunderland intercepted a poor pass from S.Pino to see L.Davies complete a four minute hat-trick. We were being battered and on the 33rd minute A.Pickford curled in Sunderland's fourth goal after spotting K.Swaby off his line. On the stroke of half time we pulled a goal back as A.Grossi hit a thunderous effort from outside the area to put some sort of shine on the first forty five minutes.

I was furious with the performance and my mood didn't improve as ten minutes into the half M.Adams fired in Sunderland's fifth goal. On the 59th minute we went a further goal down as L.Davies grabbed his fourth goal of the game with a simple tap in after K.Swaby fluffed a corner. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and on the 73rd minute we went a further goal behind as M.Adams headed in from a corner after my defence fell asleep yet again. With six minutes remaining in the game the final goal was scored as A.Pickford grabbed his second goal of the game and Sunderland's eight goal. I was disgusted by the performance and let rip at the players. This was one of the worst performances I have ever seen with any of my teams. Apart from the 15-0 loss that my TNS side endured against West Ham United

Sunderland 8-1 Man Utd L.Davies 18, 21, 22, 59, A.Pickford 33, 84, M.Adams 55, 73 / A.Grossi 45

K.Swaby, M.Taramasco, T.Franco (L.King), A. De Russis, U.Akilu (K.Chui-Ho, K.Jardine, S.Pino (A.Xhepa), A.Kone, A.Grossi, M.Vandamme, G.Bruni

After the game I was informed that this was the clubs biggest ever loss since we lost 7-0 to Blackburn Rovers (10/4/1926), Aston Villa (27/12/1930) and Wolves (26/12/1931)

December 21st:

After the pathetic performance against Sunderland the players have dipped into their own pockets and refunded the travelling fans their money

Wondered how long it would take for you to pipe up salkster hahaha

December 22nd:

Burnley (a) (16/38)

After the debacle of the last game we started pretty well and on the 8th minute we took the lead thanks to an excellent strike from A.Kone which gave the Burnley keeper no chance of saving. However after the goal the half was pretty dire with poor play by both my side and the Burnley side. With a minute remaining in the half we were awarded a penalty after A.Grossi was fouled in the area, A.Kone stepped up and fired towards goal but the Burnley keeper saved well.

The second half was a lot better as my players actually started to play and just after the hour mark we grabbed a second goal as A.Kone made up for his penalty miss with a low shot which beat the keeper. The goal seemed to relax my players and we started to play with some freedom and deep into injury time we grabbed the third and final goal with G.Bruni running into the area and heading a K.Jardine cross past the keeper.

Burnley 0-3 Man Utd A.Kone 8, 62, G.Bruni 90+2

K.Swaby, M.Taramasco, T.Franco (K.Chui-Ho), A.De Russis, U.Akilu (L.King), K.Jardine, S.Pino (A.Xhepa), A.Kone, A.Grossi, M.Vandamme, G.Bruni

December 26th:

Southampton (a) (17/38)

Another poor game as neither my side or the Southampton side could string any passes together and the first half didn't manage to have a single shot of target. The second half wasn't much different with little in the way of action. However on the 73rd minute their was a goal as Southampton's D.Naylor ran through my defence and fired under K.Swaby. The rest of the game failed to show a effort for the fans. Not a great match for the fans

Southampton 1-0 Man Utd D.Naylor 73

K.Swaby, M.Taramasco, T.Franco (L.King), A.De Russis (K.Chui-Ho), U.Akilu, K.Jardine, S.Pino, A.Kone (A.Xhepa), A.Grossi, M.Vandamme, G.Bruni

• 2 weeks later...

December 29th:

Crystal Palace (h) (18/38)

The first half was a none event with little in the way of action. The second half though was a a different story as my side decided to actually play and on the 53rd minute we came close to scoring with a long range effort from K.Jardine which rattled the crossbar. Eight minutes later we broke the deadlock with a fine strike from A.Kone which went in off the crossbar. On the 70th minute we had another chance to score with a curling effort from K.Jardine which had the Palace keeper at full stretch to save. With six minutes remaining in the game we grabbed the second goal as K.Jardine threaded the ball to the feet of A.Kone who lashed the ball under the keeper to give us a 2-0 win.

Man Utd 2-0 Crystal Palace A.Kone 61, 84

K.Swaby, M.Taramasco, T.Franco, A.De Russis (L.King), U.Akilu, K.Jardine, S.Pino (K.Chui-Ho), A.Kone, A.Grossi, M.Vandamme (A.Xhepa), G.Bruni

December 31st:

Awards news sees D.Leonardi winning the World Golden Ball after scoring 14 goals in forty six appearances and setting up twenty seven goals. He earnt an average rating of 7.46. He also won the World Player of the Year.

D.Leonardi was also named in the World Team of the Year

Other awards sees C.Yildirim winning the French Player of the Year after scoring 23 goals in 39 games and earning a rating of 7.29

The end of the month sees us slipping down to 3rd in the Premiership five points behind Man City but with a game in hand.

January 1st 2036:

West Ham (h) (19/38)

Five minutes into the game we grabbed the lead as M.Vandamme threaded the ball to the feet of K.Jardine who wasted no time in firing it under the keeper. Soon after we had another chance to score as A.Grossi fired just wide of the post from a D.Leonardi cross. We were controlling the game and on the 38th minute we added a second goal with A.Grossi slotting in from close range after M.Vandamme threaded ball.

The second half was again dominated by my side but on the 66th minute I was reduced to ten men after D.Leonardi picked up an injury and I had used all my substitutes. It didn't matter though as with twelve minutes remaining in the game L.King headed in our third of the game as M.Vandamme curled the ball in from a freekick

Man Utd 3-0 West Ham K.Jardine 5, A.Grossi 38, L.King 78

J.Brennan, M.Taramasco (K.Chui-Ho),T.Franco (J.Smith), L.King, U.Akilu, M.Vandamme, A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi (inj 66 – No Replacement), A.Kone, K.Jardine, A.Grossi (J.Ashmeade)

The injury news on D.Leonardi sees him out for around a week at the most with a bruised thigh.

Other news sees Everton sack their manager which has nothing to do with me however the press have made me favourite to be sacked next

January 5th:

Man City (a) FA Cup 3rd Rd

We had the first chance of the game as A.Grossi ran through the defence and fired just wide of the post. On the 15th minute we had another chance to score with L.Guglielmi crossing into the area but A.Grossi headed wide of the post. However four minutes later City took the lead as B.Platt beat the offside trap and fired under J.Brennan. On the 37th minute we had our next chance as A.Kone fired from outside the area but the City keeper saved well.

The second half saw City upping their game and just after the hour mark they grabbed another goal with L.Edwards headed in from close range after my defence failed to deal with a simple ball. On the 69th minute though we grabbed a goal back as A.Grossi played a one two J.Ashmeade and fired ion off the post. With ten minutes remaining in the game City had another chance to score as they ran through my defence but J.Brennan saved the day with a world class save.

Man City 2-1 Man Utd B.Platt 19, L.Edwards 62 / A.Grossi 69

J.Brennan, M.Taramasco, T.Franco, L.King (J.Smith), U.Akilu, M.Vandamme, A.Xhepa, L.Guglielmi (S.Pino), A.Kone, K.Jardine (J.Ashmeade), A.Grossi

January 8th:

Swansea (a) (20/38)

Three minutes into the game we took the lead as A.Kone fired in from the penalty spot after K.Jardine was brought down in the area. On the 18th minute Swansea had their first chance as they broke into the area but J.Brennan saved the day. Twelve minutes later it was T.Franco who saved the day with a brilliant challenge to deny them. The rest of the half though was a none event.

The second half was fifteen minutes old when Swansea had the only attack of the half which was thwarted again by a last ditch challenge from T.Franco. The remainder of the game was dire to say the least

Swansea 0-1 Man Utd A.Kone 3 pen

J.Brennan, M.Taramasco, T.Franco, L.King (K.Chui-Ho), U.Akilu, M.Vandamme, A.Xhepa, L.Guglielmi (G.Bruni), A.Kone, K.Jardine, A.Grossi (J.Ashmeade)

January 11th:

Everton (a) (21/38)

A pretty dire game for the fans to watch with little in the way of action. The first half only saw one shot as A.Grossi ran through the defence but his final effort was as dire as the half and it went well wide of the post.

The second half half wasn't much better with none of twenty two players making any sort breakthrough. On the 64th minute I was forced into a change after a poorly timed challenge saw K.Jardine being replaced by J.Ashmeade.

Everton 0-0 Man Utd

J.Brennan, M.Taramasco (K.Chui-Ho), T.Franco, L.King, U.Akilu, M.Vandamme (G.Bruni), A.Xhepa, L.Guglielmi, A.Kone, K.Jardine (inj 64 - J.Ashmeade), A.Grossi

Injury news sees K.Jardine out for around 2-3 months after breaking his ankle in the Everton game

January 16th:

Hull (h) (22/38)

A first half dominated by my side and on the 19th minute we had our first chance with a rasping effort from A.Grossi which stung the fingers of the keeper. Ten minutes later we had another chance as D.Leonardi curled into the area but A.Kone headed wide of the post when it was easier to score. We were in complete control and on the stroke of half time we had a goal ruled out for a foul on the keeper by A.Grossi.

The second half was ten minutes old when we finally broke the deadlock as substitute S.Pino jinked through the area and fired under the onrushing keeper. Soon after it was J.Ashmeade's chance as a D.Leonardi cross was volleyed straight into the keepers arms. Hull weren't getting near the ball and on the 78th minute we got the second goal as S.Pino ran onto a D.Leonardi through-ball and rounded the keeper to slot home into the empty net.

Man Utd 2-0 Hull S.Pino 55, 78

J.Brennan, M.Taramasco, T.Franco, L.King (K.Chui-Ho), U.Akilu, M.Vandamme (S.Pino), A.Xhepa, L.Guglielmi, A.Kone, D.Leonardi, A.Grossi (J.Ashmeade)

• 2 weeks later...

January 19th:

West Brom (a) (23/38)

Ten minutes into the game we had our first effort as D.Leonardi ran through the defence but his final effort went wide of the post. On the 24th minute we had another chance to score with a curling effort from M.Vandamme which had the West Brom keeper at full stretch. We were all over the home side and on the stroke of half time we had another chance to score with A.Grossi running in from the wing but the West Brom defence managed clear the effort.

The second half was much the same with my side controlling the play and on the hour we had yet another chance to score with U.Akilu heading a L.Guglielmi cross just over the crossbar. On the 74th minute it was J.Ashmeade's chance to score as he ran onto a through-ball but the West Brom keeper saved well to deny us yet again. With twelve minutes remaining in the game we finally score as S.Pino headed into the net however it was the wrong bloody net. Just before the final whistle we had our final chance of the game as J.Ashmeade shot straight into the keepers arms when it was easier to score.

West Brom 1-0 Man Utd S.Pino 78 og

J.Brennan, M.Taramasco, T.Franco, L.King, U.Akilu, M.Vandamme (S.Pino), A.Xhepa (G.Bruni), L.Guglielmi, A.Kone, D.Leonardi, A.Grossi (J.Ashmeade)

• 2 weeks later...

January 23rd:

Bournemouth (h) (24/38)

We controlled the majority of the game and on the 19th minute we grabbed the lead as A.Kone curled the ball into the top corner of the net. Nine minutes later it was two nil with D.Leonardi running through the defence with ease and slotted in past the keeper. Just before the break we had our next chance as A.Kone hit a thunderous effort towards goal but the keeper managed to save this effort brilliantly.

The second half was two minutes old when we had our next chance of the game with A.Xhepa hitting home from ten yards but the ball clipped the wrong side of the post and went out. On the hour mark we finally grabbed the third goal as A.Xhepa rounded the keeper to fire into the empty net. We were all over Bournemouth and on the 80th minute they were reduced to ten men after D.Hafildason was sent off for a second yellow card. On the 89th minute though Bournemouth were awarded a penalty after T.Franco fouled in the area, D.Calvo stepped up and fired past J.Brennan

Man Utd 3-1 Bournemouth A.Kone 19, D.Leonardi 28, A.Xhepa 60 / D.Calvo 89 pen

J.Brennan, B.King, T.Franco, L.King, U.Akilu (K.Chui-Ho), M.Vandamme, A.Xhepa (S.Pino), L.Guglielmi (J.Ashmeade), A.Kone, D.Leonardi, A.Grossi

After the game I was informed that A.Xhepa will be out for around two weeks after pulling his hamstring in the Bournemouth game

January 26th:

Arsenal (h) (25/38)

Twelve minutes into the game we grabbed the lead as S.Pino jinked through the defence with ease and clotted in under the Arsenal keeper. On the 23rd minute we had another chance as U.Akilu curled the ball into the area but J.Ashmeade headed just over the crossbar. Ten minutes later we had yet another chance as D.Leonardi threaded the ball to the feet of J.Ashmeade who lashed it wide of the post.

The second half was much the same as we piled on the pressure and on the hour mark we had another chance as D.Leonardi tried his luck from outside the area but the crossbar got in the way. Arsenal just weren't getting near the ball and on the 76th minute S.Pino headed in a D.Leonardi cross but the goal was ruled out for a foul. With five minutes remaining in the game we finally grabbed the second goal we deserved as C.Yildirim fired in a thunderous effort from outside the area after running onto a D.Leonardi through-ball

Man Utd 2-0 Arsenal S.Pino 12, C.Yildirim 85

J.Brennan, B.King (K.Chui-Ho), T.Franco, L.King, U.Akilu, M.Vandamme (J.Smith), S.Pino, L.Guglielmi, A.Kone, D.Leonardi, J.Ashmeade (C.Yildirim)

• 2 weeks later...

January 30th:

Derby (h) (26/38)

A dominant performance saw us taking the lead two minutes in as J.Ashmeade ran through the defence and fired with power past the keeper. On the 14th minute we had another chance as L.King crossed into the area but A.Kone headed wide of the post. Eleven minutes later we grabbed a second goal as D.Leonardi hit home from outside the area. We were in complete control and on the half hour J.Ashmeade grabbed his second of the game with a low shot from ten yards.

The second half was alittle quieter with my side keeping the ball mainly in the middle third of the pitch. On the 73rd minute we were awarded a penalty after A.Kone was brought down in the area, J.Ashmeade stepped up and fired past the keeper. Five minutes later though we got sloppy and J.Santana fired in past J.Brennan. This was all that Derby could do and we walked away with a 4-1 win

Man Utd 4-1 Derby J.Ashmeade 2, 30, 73 pen, D.Leonardi 25 / J.Santana 78

J.Brennan, B.King (K.Chui-Ho), T.Franco (J.Smith), L.King, U.Akilu, M.Vandamme, S.Pino, L.Guglielmi (C.Yildirim), A.Kone, D.Leonardi, J.Ashmeade

The end of the month sees us top of the table a single point above Man City after twenty six games

February 2036:

February 1st:

The start of the month sees T.Franco winning the Premier Division Young Player of the Month for January after earning a rating of 7.41 in the eight games played. I also won the Manager of the Month after winning six of he eight game I managed

February 9th:

Tottenham (a) (27/38)

Three minutes into the game we took the lead as J.Ashmeade ran onto a D.Leonardi through-ball and fired with pace past the onrushing keeper. Soon after we had another chance to score as A.Kone rattled the crossbar from twenty yards. We were all over Tottenham and on the 33rd minute M.Vandamme had his chance with a curling effort from outside the area but the Tottenham keeper saved well.

The second half though was a one sided affair as Tottenham dominated and on the 53rd minute as cracking and brave block by T.Franco saved the day. Ten minutes later T.Franco again saved the day with a goal line clearance after J.Brennan fumbled a ball. It was all Tottenham this half and on the 69th minute J.Brennan saved brilliantly from a long range effort. Seven minutes later though he was helpless to deny D.Williams from equalising. Tottenham carried on the pressure and on the stroke of full time they missed the chance of the winner after U.Akilu fluffed a clearance. In truth a lucky escape their in the second half

Tottenham 1-1 Man Utd D.Williams 76 / J.Ashmeade 3

J.Brennan, B.King, T.Franco, L.King (K.Chui-Ho), U.Akilu, M.Vandamme, A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, A.Kone, S.Pino (G.Bruni), J.Ashmeade (C.Yildirim)

February 16th:

Leicester (h) (28/38)

Two minutes into the game we took the lead as J.Ashmeade ran through the defence with real ease and fried under the Leicester keeper. On the 14th minute we had another chance to score as J.Ashmeade beat the offside trap and fired with pace towards goal but the keeper saved well to deny him. On the half hour we added another goal as D.Leonardi whipped a cross into the area and B.King headed in.

The second half was much the same as my side dominated and on the 57th minute M.Vandamme threaded the ball to the feet of G.Bruni who lashed it wide of the post when it was easier to score. Ten minutes later it was C.Yildirim who came close as a D.Leonardi cross was headed straight into the keepers arms. On the 76th minute we grabbed the third and final goal as D.Leonardi capped a great game for himself with a jinking run through the defence to fire into the net.

Man Utd 3-0 Leicester J.Ashmeade 2, B.King 30, D.Leonardi 76

J.Brennan, B.King (K.Chui-Ho), T.Franco, L.King, U.Akilu, M.Vandamme, A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, A.Kone, S.Pino (C.Yildirim), J.Ashmeade (G.Bruni)

February 19th:

FC Kobenhavn (a) Champions Cup 1st Knockout Rd 1st Leg

A great start saw us taking the lead on the 12th minute as A.Kone ran from the wing with the ball and fired low past the keeper. Ten minutes later we had another chance as J.Ashmeade fired wide of the post from the corner of the area. We were controlling the game without really breaking a sweat and with a minute remaining in the half we grabbed another goal as S.Pino jinked into the area and fired past the onrushing keeper.

The second half was again all my side but this half we failed to add to our tally. In truth I wanted a bigger advantage going into the second leg

FC Kobenhavn 0-2 Man Utd A.Kone 12, S.Pino 44

J.Brennan, B.King, T.Franco (K.Chui-Ho), L.King (J.Smith), U.Akilu, M.Vandamme, A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, A.Kone, S.Pino, J.Ashmeade (C.Yildirim)

With the Internationals it means we didn't play again this month. At the end of the month we are second in the table a single point behind Manchester City. We are also some 11pts clear of third placed Crystal Palace

March 2036:

March 1st:

The start of the month brings the awards and B.King has won the Premier Division Young Player of the Month award for February after scoring an average rating of 7.65 in his two games

Man City (a) (29/38)

Twelve minutes into the derby we grabbed the lead as A.Kone ran into the area unmarked and headed in a D.Leonardi cross. Soon after we had another chance to score as J.Ashmeade curled an effort towards goal but the City keeper saved well to deny him. Just after the half hour though we conceded a silly goal as R.Luscher beat the offside trap with ease and fired under J.Brennan who should have done better.

The second half was ten minutes old when we retook the lead as J.Ashmeade ran onto a D.Leonardi through-ball and fired past the onrushing keeper. On the 64th minute we grabbed another goal as J.Ashmeade hit a thunderous effort from twenty yards which gave the City keeper no chance of saving. We were running the show but it was City who grabbed the final goal as B.Platt slotted in from close range on the stroke of full time.

Man City 2-3 Man Utd R.Luscher 33, B.Platt 90 / A.Kone 12, J.Ashmeade 55, 64

J.Brennan, B.King, T.Franco, L.King, U.Akilu, M.Vandamme, A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, A.Kone, S.Pino, J.Ashmeade

March 8th:

Chelsea (h) (30/38)

After the excellent Derby win my players were on a high and it ran through onto this game and on the 9th minute we grabbed the lead as J.Ashmeade beat the offside trap and fired in a L.King through-ball. Four minutes later we made it two nil with A.Xhepa curling in a free-kick from twenty yards after S.Pino was brought down. On the 19th minute we grabbed another goal as A.Kone fired in from the penalty spot after J.Ashmeade was hauled down in the area. We were all over the Chelsea side and on the 39th minute J.Ashmeade grabbed a second goal with a low shot from ten yards.

The second half was much the same as we carried on the pressure and on the 73rd minute S.Pino jinked through the Chelsea defence and slotted in under the keeper. Four minutes later we made it six nil as S.Pino grabbed his second of the game with a low shot from the corner of the area. Chelsea did however pull a goal back as S.Wilkins looped the ball over J.Brennan from outside the area. To be fair J.Brennan hadn't touched the ball all game. Deep into injury time though we grabbed our seventh and final goal of the game with J.Ashmeade completing his hat-trick.

Man Utd 7-1 Chelsea J.Ashmeade 9, 39, 90+2, A.Xhepa 13, A.Kone 19 pen, S.Pino 73, 77 / S.Wilkins 80

J.Brennan, B.King (J.Smith), T.Franco (K.Chui-Ho), L.King, U.Akilu, M.Vandamme (C.Yildirim), A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, A.Kone, S.Pino, J.Ashmeade

March 12th:

FC Kobenhavn (h) Champions Cup 1st Knockout Rd 2nd Leg (agg 2-0)

Straight from the kick off we grabbed the lead as J.Ashmeade sprinted into the area and fired in from close range after a brilliant cross from A.Kone. On the 7th minute it was two nil as D.Leonardi jinked in from the wing and fired in under the keeper. We were running the show and on the 27th minute S.Pino hit a powerful strike from outside the area but the Kobenhavn keeper saved well to deny him. With six minutes remaining in the half it was three nil as J.Ashmeade grabbed his second of the game.

The second half was a lot quieter with not much in the way of forward action but on the 77th we added a fourth goal as M.Vandamme hit the ball in off the crossbar to send us through 6-0 on aggregate

Man Utd 4-0 FC Kobenhavn J.Ashmeade 1, D.Leonardi 7, 39, M.Vandamme 77

J.Brennan, B.King (K.Chui-Ho), T.Franco, L.King (J.Smith), U.Akilu, M.Vandamme, A.Xhepa (C.Yildirim), D.Leonardi, A.Kone, S.Pino, J.Ashmeade

After the game I was informed that T.Franco will miss the next game after picking up his 3rd yellow card of the tournament

March 15th:

Brighton (a) (31/38)

A terrible start saw us going a goal down in the 3rd minute as J.Lopez headed in from a corner with far too much ease. Six minutes later they had another chance but this time T.Franco blocked the effort well to deny them. On the 27th minute Brighton piled forward again but this time L.King was on hand to perform a perfect challenge in the area. With two minutes remaining in the half we had our first meaningful attack as D.Leonardi crossed into the area but S.Pino fluffed the volley and it went high and wide of goal.

The second half was a lot better for my side and on the 51st minute we took the lead as A.Xhepa showed some skill to beat the defence and wasted no time in firing in under the onrushing keeper. Ten minutes later J.Smith had the chance to give us the lead as he beat the defence to a loose ball and fired towards goal but the keeper saved well to deny him. We were in control of the game and on the 79th minute we finally grabbed the winner as M.Vandamme threaded the ball to the feet of J.Ashmeade who lashed it with power past the Brighton keeper.

Brighton 1-2 Man Utd J.Lopez 3 / A.Xhepa 51, J.Ashmeade 79

J.Brennan, B.King , T.Franco, L.King, U.Akilu (K.Chui-Ho), M.Vandamme, A.Xhepa (J.Smith), D.Leonardi, A.Kone, S.Pino, J.Ashmeade (C.Yildirim)

March 21st:

The draw for the Champions Cup ¼ Final has taken place and we will be facing Italian side Napoli, with the first leg being played at Old Trafford. The other ties are as follows: OM v INTER, Barcelona v Leverkusen and Olympique Lyonnais v Real Madrid

Liverpool (h) (32/38)

A great start saw us taking the lead in the 2nd minute as S.Pino curled a great ball into the top corner to give the Liverpool keeper no chance of saving. Twelve minutes later we grabbed another goal as J.Ashmeade jinked through the defence and wasted no time in firing under the keeper. We were running Liverpool ragged and on the 32nd minute we had another chance as S.Pino tried his luck from ten yards but the Liverpool keeper managed to save the ball this time.

The second half was four minutes old when we added a third goal as S.Pino crossed into the area and A.Kone volleyed into the net. On the 55th minute we we had the chance to add a fourth goal as J.Ashmeade was brought down in the area, A.Kone stepped up and fired the penalty wide of the post. Liverpool were nowhere to been seen as we carried on the dominance and on the 74th minute we completed the rout as D.Leonardi headed in from a M.Vandamme cross. A great day at the office for my side

Man Utd 4-0 Liverpool S.Pino 2, J.Ashmeade 14, A.Kone 49, D.Leonardi 74

J.Brennan, B.King (K.Chui-Ho), T.Franco, L.King, U.Akilu, M.Vandamme, A.Xhepa, D.Leonardi, A.Kone (C.Yildirim), S.Pino, J.Ashmeade

The end of the month sees us top of table after thirty two games some 10pts clear of Manchester City who have a game in hand over us.