Ten Years Later - A New Ternana Adventure

Tubey84

2 February 2026

TERNANA SIGN BRAZILIAN STRIKER LEONARDO RENAN

SERIE A LEADERS ALSO TIE UP LOAN DEAL FOR LIVERPOOL'S OTTAVI & RECALL OSNI FROM BRESCIA

Reigning Serie A champions have moved quickly to secure a deal for Atletico Mineiro's 18-year-old striker Leonardo Renan (click for details), paying £17.75M for the teenager to meet his release clause.

The 6ft6 teenager has impressed in his fledgling career thus far, being a physical force in Brazilian football as well as showing an aptitude for free kicks.

Ternana also added depth down the left flank by bringing in Liverpool's French 20-year-old utility man Claude Ottavi (click for details) on loan. He was brought in on a free transfer by Liverpool in the summer, but has been allowed to leave on an 18-month deal.

Ternana have also recalled 19-year-old Brazilian Osni (click for details) from a two-year loan deal at Brescia. He will join the first team squad at Fere.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TERNANA v. AC Milan - Serie A - Game 18

TEAM: (GK) Audero, (RB) Ziliotto, (CB) Marchesi, (CB) Raum, (LB) Sala, (DMC) Camavinga, (CM) Joao Carlos, (CM) Riccardi, (RW) Yan, (LW) Sáenz, (ST) Calvert-Lewin

Injuries: None.

PRE-MATCH

No injuries - this is, in my eyes, our strongest possible team today.

OVERVIEW

Heavy snow here, but Yan (8) doesn't care - his first header is saved, his second is a shot down low that is squeezed in.

Late second to seal it - the inswinging cross from Yan puts it on a silver platter for Sáenz (82) who makes no mistake and puts it in.

3-0 very late on - Yan corner, Raum (90+3) celebrates his permanent signing with a header.

Despite some great players like Renato Sanches, Kessie etc. Milan were lambs to the slaughter today.

MAN OF THE MATCH: YAN (9.0)
FINAL SCORE: 3-0

Torino v. TERNANA - Serie A - Game 19

TEAM: (GK) Audero, (RB) Ziliotto, (CB) Marchesi, (CB) Filipponi, (LB) Sala, (DMC) Camavinga, (CM) Joao Carlos, (CM) Riccardi, (RW) Yan, (LW) Sáenz, (ST) Calvert-Lewin

PRE-MATCH

Again, a very strong side today due to no injuries/suspensions. Italian Cup game next, where we'll be fielding full reserves.

Ander Guevara starts for Torino.

OVERVIEW

A dull first half with no chances.

An immediate chance in the second half, well taken by Sáenz (48) who runs clear and scores with a clipped finish.

Ziliotto cross for Calvert-Lewin (71) to make it two. An 8th of the season for Riccardi (74) makes it three as Torino collapse.

Solid win and performance.

MAN OF THE MATCH: Alessio RICCARDI (8.3)
FINAL SCORE: 0-3

TERNANA v. Juve Stabia - Italian Cup 1st Round

TEAM: (GK) Plizzari, (RB) Serrano, (CB) Albano, (CB) Kujanpaa, (LB) Filipponi, (DMC) Kalonji, (CM) Shlush, (CM) Amiel, (RW) Gnonto, (LW) Martinelli, (ST) Pellegrino

Suspensions: Ziliotto, Yan

PRE-MATCH

Only Filipponi survives as we switch out 10 players for todays' game!

OVERVIEW

Goal as Shlush (21) puts it in the bottom corner after a really unconvincing start from us today.

Deserved equaliser in the second half - Moncini (53) header.

Back ahead - Gnonto with a killer ball over the top and Shlush (59) grabs his second after his first shot is blocked.

Kalonji (83) gets his first of the season to seal it, but we could easily have lost this. For long stretches, Juve Stabia were the better team but just lacked the quality to convert chances.

MAN OF THE MATCH: Maor SHLUSH (9.1)
FINAL SCORE: 3-1

TERNANA v. Atalanta - Italian Super Cup

TEAM: (GK) Audero, (RB) Ziliotto, (CB) Marchesi, (CB) Raum, (LB) Sala, (DMC) Camavinga, (CM) Riccardi, (CM) Joao Carlos, (RW) Yan, (LW) Sáenz, (ST) Calvert-Lewin

PRE-MATCH

Full strength as we go for silverware!

Atalanta have been exceptional so far this season and are in 2nd place in Serie A. Cengiz Under is injured today, which is good as he's subject of an £82M bid from Liverpool; that's how decent he is!

OVERVIEW

Deserved Atalanta lead - Mason Mount (29) fires in.

Equaliser - fully created by Yan as he cuts them apart and fires in his shot, which is saved and Calvert-Lewin (49) taps in the rebound.

Such an extremely close game this!

Tremendous goal! They halt off a counter attack, but we move the ball from left to right, find the overlap of Ziliotto (83) who slams home.

Last gasp Atalanta penalty given! Filipponi with the error... Gabriel Barbosa (89, PEN) equalises.

Shlush nearly wins it off the bench but his shot goes agonisingly wide.

Extra time here.

And now penalties!

Gabriel Barbosa... SCORES!
Yan... SCORES!
Mount... SCORES!
Shlush... SCORES!
Roger... SCORES!
Martinelli... MISSES. Hits the post!
Vinagre Jr.... SCORES!
Joao Carlos... has to score... SCORES!
Dubois with the chance to win it... SCORES!

Congrats to them, well deserved.

MAN OF THE MATCH: Leandro ZILIOTTO (8.3)
FINAL SCORE: 2-2 (AET, 3-5 PENS)

Lecce v. TERNANA - Serie A - Game 20

TEAM: (GK) Audero, (RB) Ziliotto, (CB) Kalonji, (CB) Raum, (LB) Filipponi, (DMC) Camavinga, (CM) Joao Carlos, (CM) Riccardi, (RW) Yan, (LW) Martinelli, (ST) Gnonto

Injuries: Marchesi, Calvert-Lewin
Suspensions: Sáenz

PRE-MATCH

Lecce have been cannon fodder thus far in Serie A, so this should be a safe win to get our momentum back up and running.

OVERVIEW

That was not a good half from us... one chance as Lecce easily nullified us.

Lecce ahead! And deservedly so! Trevisanello (73) with it; I thought offside but apparently not!

What a truly embarrassing performance...

MAN OF THE MATCH: Alessio RICCARDI (8.3)
FINAL SCORE: 1-0

TERNANA v. Napoli - Serie A - Game 21

TEAM: (GK) Audero, (RB) Serrano, (CB) Marchesi, (CB) Raum, (LB) Sala, (DMC) Camavinga, (CM) Joao Carlos, (CM) Riccardi, (RW) Yan, (LW) Martinelli, (ST) Sáenz

Injuries: Plizzari
Suspensions: Ziliotto

PRE-MATCH

Calvert-Lewin out today as he makes progress on hopefully making a £50M move to Atalanta. He's been good but non-EU slot and £50M. Hard to say no!

Just a huge game this now after the Lecce disaster.

OVERVIEW

Solid start - Martinelli (9) nudges in a rebound for 1-0.

We're on top but missing chances here.

There's the second though - Yan (30) sticks it in after good work from Sala on the left.

Yan (51) seals it with a goal of the season contender - picks it up just inside their half, turns his man, powers in on goal and smashes a shot beyond the 'keeper.

That's why I turned down over £100M for him!

4-0! Koulibaly misses an interception and Martinelli (61) gratefully snatches up his second of the game.

There's five! Gnonto (80) in on the act, Napoli have been appalling here.

MAN OF THE MATCH: YAN (9.3)
FINAL SCORE: 5-0

TERNANA v. Fiorentina - Italian Cup Quarter Final

TEAM: (GK) Plizzari, (RB) Albano, (CB) Serrano, (CB) Kujanpaa, (LB) Filipponi, (DMC) Kalonji, (CM) Shlush, (CM) Amiel, (RW) Sáenz, (LW) Martinelli, (ST) Pellegrino

Injuries: Gnonto

PRE-MATCH

Reserves for this. Just more pressing priorities for me.

OVERVIEW

Adama Traoré (10) with a stunning solo effort for 1-0 to Fiorentina - his first ever Fiorentina goal.

Shlush (14) equalises with a belter of his own!

We're ahead - Martinelli (30) counter attacks from a Fiorentina corner, keeps carrying it, Fiorentina don't stop him and he belts it in.

And then the game just... ends really. Good win with our second string, did well to come from behind.

MAN OF THE MATCH: Maor SHLUSH (8.3)
FINAL SCORE: 2-1

Perugia v. TERNANA - Serie A - Game 22

TEAM: (GK) Audero, (RB) Ziliotto, (CB) Marchesi, (CB) Raum, (LB) Sala, (DMC) Camavinga, (CM) Riccardi, (CM) Joao Carlos, (RW) Yan, (LW) Sáenz, (ST) Martinelli

PRE-MATCH

High flying Perugia come into the Umbrian Derby genuinely pushing for the Champions League! They're having a crazy season.

I'm trying Martinelli up top as a potential Calvert-Lewin replacement if he goes; Sáenz just feels a bit too lightweight for the lone striker role and works better on the left.

OVERVIEW

Owww... Terzic with a horrifying two footed tackle on Martinelli a few minutes in; definite red card, they're down to 10 men.

Yan (8) pops in the opening goal shortly afterwards, his 10th of the season.

There's his 11th - Yan (23) with a well placed header.

Oh wow... 54 minutes, they're down to nine men - Kouan with a hefty lunge on Camavinga.

They can't get out of their half now - constant pressure as they play with no strikers whatsoever.

Fair play to them though - they just banked absolutely everyone behind the ball and blocked everything. They had to keep the scoreline down and they achieved that.

Oh that's hilarious! Last kick of the game, Marchesi misses a long ball clearance and Juan Ramón Garcia (90+4) runs in behind and scores with their only sniff of goal of the entire game!

Well, we still won I guess!

MAN OF THE MATCH: YAN (8.7)
FINAL SCORE: 1-2

TERNANA v. Atalanta - Serie A - Game 23

TEAM: (GK) Audero, (RB) Ziliotto, (CB) Marchesi, (CB) Raum, (LB) Sala, (DMC) Camavinga, (CM) Osni, (CM) Joao Carlos, (RW) Martinelli, (LW) Ottavi, (ST) Leonardo Renan

Injuries: Sáenz
Suspensions: Yan

PRE-MATCH

With Yan and Sáenz out, I've just gone all out on giving debuts - Osni, Ottavi and Leonardo Renan all immediately start.

It's probably a mistake but the idea is "baptism of fire".

This could be a title decider really, even this early - a real six-pointer. Both sides jam packed with young talent. We go seven points clear if we win, or just one point clear if we lose.

OVERVIEW

Leonardo Renan does his groin inside 20 minutes. Typical.

Boring half, 0-0.

That livens things up! Joao Carlos (51) with a shot that curved like a banana into the top corner - outstanding!

Guess who equalises??? Calvert-Lewin (52) of course! Mount swirls in a cross and the big man gets up and nods it in.

Penalty Ternana! Raum with a rocket of a ball down the left for Sala to chase, he gets there, Mbabu brings him down - blatant pen that VAR confirms.

Martinelli (59, PEN) puts it away!

And we hold on! Those two halves couldn't have been any more different!

MAN OF THE MATCH: Joao CARLOS (8.3)
FINAL SCORE: 2-1

TERNANA v. Lazio - Italian Cup Semi Final 1st Leg

TEAM: (GK) Plizzari, (RB) Serrano, (CB) Albano, (CB) Kujanpaa, (LB) Filipponi, (DMC) Kalonji, (CM) Osni, (CM) Shlush, (RW) Gnonto, (LW) Ottavi, (ST) Leonardo Renan

PRE-MATCH

Reserves for the first leg, maybe the first team if we stand a chance going into the second leg - we'll see.

OVERVIEW

Romero (21) puts Lazio ahead, good strike, hard and low.

Osni injured, Riccardi on.

Another minor injury to Leonardo Renan and he comes off for the second game in a row...

Memphis Depay (76) doubles their lead late on.

Tremendous first goal for Ottavi (79) to pull them back though - an arrow of a shot into the far corner.

Yan nearly equalises at the end, before Cutrone nearly makes it 3-1 moments later - and then DOES right on the final whistle; Vlahovics plays him in, Cutrone (90+4) with a sucker punch of a goal.

That's a real shame and probably puts the tie beyond us.

MAN OF THE MATCH: Claude OTTAVI (8.3)
FINAL SCORE: 1-3

Venezia v. TERNANA - Serie A - Game 24

TEAM: (GK) Plizzari, (RB) Serrano, (CB) Albano, (CB) Kujanpaa, (LB) Filipponi, (DMC) Kalonji, (CM) Amiel, (CM) Shlush, (RW) Gnonto, (LW) Ottavi, (ST) Leonardo Renan

Injuries: Osni
Suspensions: Marchesi

PRE-MATCH

This is against 19th placed Venezia and I have Manchester City in the Champions League in three days, so I'm keeping with the reserves.

A big risk that could backfire and throw away that great three points gained against Atalanta, but it's a calculated gamble.

Leonardo Renan's strain wasn't a serious one again and starts once more.

OVERVIEW

Kalonji injured late on, and that's all that happened until Shlush (88, PEN) got brought down for a pen and got up to tuck it in.

Joao Carlos (90) then wraps a bow on the performance with a fine effort.

That was a terrible performance and we were extremely lucky to get away with it. We won due to quality off the bench, nothing else.

Leonardo Renan looks years away from beng able to do anything in this side.

MAN OF THE MATCH: Claude OTTAVI (8.3)
FINAL SCORE: 0-2

EDIT: GAME CRASHED BEFORE SAVING - Apologies, the game crashed whilst I was posting the above here and I hadn't saved. The above is what happened, but having to redo. Result and goalscorers of revised fixture below:

Albano (16) - Asst: Shlush

Leonardo Renan (31) - Asst: Serrano

Venezia 0 TERNANA 2 - MOTM: Fernando ALBANO (8.2)

1ST (24) TERNANA 62pts (+48)
2ND (24) Atalanta 55pts (+22)
3RD (24) Inter Milan 53pts (+29)
4TH (24) Perugia 43pts (+15)
5TH (24) Juventus 42pts (+11)
6TH (24) Napoli 42pts (+14)

Champions League qualification effectively sewn up already, which is now pretty much always the primary aim so as to keep our momentum moving forward as a club.

I'm already wondering if selling Calvert-Lewin was a mistake, as we already look a loss less... smooth in attack. We'll see.

Edited by Tubey84
League table changed due to Venezia game fix.

20 February 2026

TERNANA AGREE £70M DEAL FOR WEST HAM'S CRISTIAN DINU

20-YEAR-OLD ROMANIAN WINGER WILL JOIN ITALIAN CLUB IN THE SUMMER

Strong rumours abound regarding the future of Brazilian winger Yan at Ternana after the Serie A leaders confirmed a club record £70M signing that plays in the same role.

Cristian Dinu (click for details), a Romanian international who started his career at West Ham, has signed a five-year deal with the Italian club.

Sources at Ternana have denied the deal has any bearing on the future of Yan, insisting both players can be involved in future success with the club but, with the Brazilian attracting strong interest from Chelsea and Real Madrid - as well as being subject to a £100M+ bid from the former in January that was rejected - rumours will continue to spread.

Ternana will pay the vast majority of the £70M fee in installments over three years, with approximately a third of the fee paid upfront. Dinu was unsettled at the club after not having his wage demands met by the Hammers, who are struggling to remain in the Premier League following promotion two seasons ago.

Edited by Tubey84

Hey all, I'm suspending the story on the basis that... well, it's just too easy. I kept going for a while but it got to the point where I had to start hamstringing myself by playing 16-year-olds or perhaps not using any loan signings etc. etc. and at that point it felt like I was playing myself instead of the game.

Looking elsewhere on the forum, it seems that others have similar issues with FM20. I went in blind so wasn't aware of them, but I am now! Not saying the game is bad - far from it - but it's just a tad too... casual?

I'll look to revisit for FM21 depending on how feedback goes for that match engine etc.

Thanks for reading!