A bit of a dilemma

Hi all,

Just finished my second season as Arsenal, having come second in the first season and won the double in the second, which is all pretty good so why am I here? Well I feel at a bit of a crossroads; I've  been playing a 4-2-3-1 as below, and I'm not sure if having an AMC is really worth it, or if I'd be better off switching to a 4-3-3 with a DM as my primary tactic. Ratings wise Ozil and Almada have been fine, both around 7 for the season, but their output hasn't been amazing, Ozil 3 goals, 5 assists in 35(2) games, Almada 4 goals, 6 assists in 20(19) games, and I'm fairly sure a couple of those assists came from corners/free kicks. Part of the problem is that there's not much space for them, with two IFs and a BBM, but even if I rectify that will the AMC be worth it? In an ideal world I'd get players in for both systems but a) I don't think I have enough money to get top, top players for both positions e.g. Havertz, and address other problem areas and b) juggling playing time for everybody might get tricky. Any input would be much appreciated, as will any suggested tweaks to the tactic I've been using, the only PIs I've got other than the defaults are for the BBM to shoot less, and for the AM to roam.

20200822124545_1.jpg

4 hours ago, afced7 said:

Just finished my second season as Arsenal, having come second in the first season and won the double in the second, which is all pretty good so why am I here? Well I feel at a bit of a crossroads; I've  been playing a 4-2-3-1 as below, and I'm not sure if having an AMC is really worth it, or if I'd be better off switching to a 4-3-3 with a DM as my primary tactic

I'll focus on this part of your post only.

On one hand, if your actual 4231 tactic has been so successful, then changing it could be a double-edged sword and may eventually backfire. On the other hand, the 433 (i.e. 4123 wide) as a formation is easier to both set up and tweak when needed compared to the 4231, simply because it offers more room for maneuver in terms of roles and duties.