Help needed! Removal of B Teams/II Teams

si223

Does anyone know of a way to remove B teams/II Teams from the game using the editor tool?

For my own OCD reasons, there is little I hate more than viewing a players history and finding that every season (or any for that matter) is x2 because he is also playing for a B team/II Team. 

I've tried to use the editor tool to get rid of this. I've went to far as to remove reserve teams from every club in Germany; I've removed the affiliations between all the main teams/II teams; I've even made every II team 'extinct' in the database prior to beginning a new game. To my dismay, however, upon testing I find that some teams will randomly create new II clubs and I'm right back to square one. 

Any help on this would be bloody fantastic!

11 hours ago, si223 said:

Does anyone know of a way to remove B teams/II Teams from the game using the editor tool?

For my own OCD reasons, there is little I hate more than viewing a players history and finding that every season (or any for that matter) is x2 because he is also playing for a B team/II Team. 

I've tried to use the editor tool to get rid of this. I've went to far as to remove reserve teams from every club in Germany; I've removed the affiliations between all the main teams/II teams; I've even made every II team 'extinct' in the database prior to beginning a new game. To my dismay, however, upon testing I find that some teams will randomly create new II clubs and I'm right back to square one. 

Any help on this would be bloody fantastic!

You need to check the Reserve teams tab for each club to confirm it's empty. There are two types of teams created there. One already exist but there's also the teams to create. Make sure to actively select all German clubs to never use U23/II teams. 

2 hours ago, Fredrik said:

You need to check the Reserve teams tab for each club to confirm it's empty. There are two types of teams created there. One already exist but there's also the teams to create. Make sure to actively select all German clubs to never use U23/II teams. 

This is the current reserve team tab for Bayern; It's the same for all German clubs in my edit. I've left the under-19s teams as they don't impact the playing career tab.

Despite this, when testing, Bayern will randomly create another II team after a year or two. 

Unsure if it's possible to stop it.

111d.png

7 hours ago, Fredrik said:

Thanks for the input, but this also does not seem to work. 

I've checked both the 'not used' and 'never used' tabs on every club in Germany; Regardless after testing the clubs still create new II clubs. The last thing I can think of is creating u21, u20 & u19 teams to fill up the clubs 3 reserve team spaces, but as II teams are a distinct entity, i'm not sure if even this will work. Unless i'm missing something this may be unavoidable.

111d.png

Well; Unless anyone has further suggestions I think I have to admit defeat in this, which is awful as it honestly ruins my experience of the game. 

I think I've tried every combination of editor tweaks to try and prevent the creation of new II teams, but nothing works. The 'not used' and 'never used' options simply do not work. Filling up all available reserve team slots with u20/19/18 teams does not work. 

I have never seen a team in Italy create a new II team or B team; However in Germany it happens every time, and also happens in Holland with the creation of u23 teams. There must be something i'm missing but god knows what it is.

111d.png

This might be something hardcoded, where certain countries have a second/under 23 team created and others have not.

Can't verify it, but this seems to be what you see happening.

What if you use a normal reserve structure, will the clubs be satisfied with that and stop creating II teams?

I suppose another imperfect alternative is to give everyone a lower league affiliate and make the type of link a "II" team so at least the player history looks a bit more varied

7 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

What if you use a normal reserve structure, will the clubs be satisfied with that and stop creating II teams?

I suppose another imperfect alternative is to give everyone a lower league affiliate and make the type of link a "II" team so at least the player history looks a bit more varied

I set up the reserve structure of all teams in Germany as: Reserves, U19S & U18S. I didn't expect this would have any different outcome from my previous U20s,U19S,U18S structure in terms of the clubs creating new II teams, but hoped that at least I may be able to save some players from the II team if the clubs tried to fill their other squads. The effect isn't at much as I had hoped; although they do fill their Reserve, U19 & U18 squads, they still throw people back and forth in to and out of the II teams they create.

111d.png

7 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

I also tried another suggestion which people had said worked for them (In Germany at least); Keeping the II teams active but changing the relationship to a feeder club; After testing the clubs will simply create another II club, and you'll end up having duplicate affiliates (very similar or same name & same badge etc) as both feeder and II clubs. 

As for changing the II clubs to lower league teams, I suspect it could potentially cause havoc with the league structure in the longer run.

Interesting. My only other idea would be to dump all the 'II' teams in a reserve/secondary division (something you might be able to tweak in the editor so it doesn't show up in the player history screen), which would require bumping up a bunch of lower division teams to fill the gaps they leave in B2/B3/etc

On 24/08/2020 at 03:17, themodelcitizen said:

Interesting. My only other idea would be to dump all the 'II' teams in a reserve/secondary division (something you might be able to tweak in the editor so it doesn't show up in the player history screen), which would require bumping up a bunch of lower division teams to fill the gaps they leave in B2/B3/etc

When I first made the II clubs extinct, I replaced all the II teams with teams from 'German lower division' in the hope that the II clubs would simply disappear from the visible aspects of the game. I initially only did that because Bayern II were in the playable 3rd division and I was concerned they would rise up the ranks and I'd end up with two Bayerns; however upon inspection all the other II teams seemed to be in the "Regionalliga" lower divisions so I thought I should get rid of them too by replacing them with teams from unspecified divisions, so there was little to no chance any would ever get promoted to the playable leagues and therefore be out of my sight forever.

Unfortunately though, even though these divisions aren't playable without addons, they do seem to run (to some extent) in the background to enable promotions/relegations etc. 

When the German clubs inevitably create their new II club (typically after 1 or 2 seasons), the II club will not be registered in any division, although oddly enough the players will still chalk up 20-30 games a season (competitive).

I do have one crazy idea, the editor seemingly allows it, but I fear it may in fact be game breaking; I think I will pick one club from the lower division 'SCC Berlin' and make them the II club for....every single teams in Bundesliga, Bundesliga 2 and 3. Liga.

If the game actually runs, my hope is that this will either a) bug out the teams and they will generally ignore their II team (small hope I know) or more likely that the squad of SSC Berlin will fill up with 1-2 players from all the teams and the vast majority will never see a II team.

It also may be the case that SSC Berlin just ends up with a roster of hundreds of players!

We shall see!

SOLUTION FOUND!

High-Quality autism incoming.

It would appear that I've finally managed to remove II clubs from the visible aspects of the game (In Germany at least) ! I suspect this solution would also work for B clubs/2 clubs in any country but have not tested as yet.

On top of making all II clubs 'extinct' and cancelling their respective affiliations with their parent clubs (and swapping them out of any playable divisions just so I never had to see them again).....

my idea was to choose one club in the lower divisions and make them the II club affiliate for every team in the three playable German divisions; For testing I chose Erzegebirge Aue as the first club to link with my selected II club 'SCC Berlin' (This is important as the first club you select will actually use their new II club). Afterwards I set SCC Berlin as the II club for every other team in Bundesliga, Bundesliga 2 and 3. Liga; Every other club except Erzegebirge Aue did not show as having a II club in-game, although this appears to have successfully tricked the database in to thinking they all have one, as they no longer create new II clubs after 5 years in-game testing (every other trialed solution never made it past 2020 without at least one club creating a new II club)

SCC Berlin shows as an affiliate to every club in Germany, but oddly only under the "mutually beneficial relationship" title (including the one club which actually uses them as a II club) and not as a II club with the 'players may move freely between' nonsense.

One club in the country will need to have a II club (but I imagine you could choose a club in a lower division so it would not be visible in-game).

It's a fair bit of work, but it works! No more ugly player career tabs, and a relief from my OCD.

Untitled.jpg

Untitl1ed.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Untitl1ed.jpg

Edited by si223

Nice work. I've made a few posts about getting it to function in Germany/France/Netherlands going a different way. Would be curious to see if your idea works in Spain and Portugal too, as they never behaved like the others for me.

2 minutes ago, el_tgv said:

Nice work. I've made a few posts about getting it to function in Germany/France/Netherlands going a different way. Would be curious to see if your idea works in Spain and Portugal too, as they never behaved like the others for me.

I suspect it will; as this is essentially tricking the game in to not creating new clubs by making them think they already have one present. I am going to test Spain just now.

14 minutes ago, el_tgv said:

Confirmed to work in problematic Spain.

Using the same method (except using B team instead of II team when choosing affiliation type). I chose Fuenlabrada as my first parent club and 'Arcos' from the lower leagues as the B team. Subsequently added Arcos as the B team for every team in LaLiga. As before only Fuenlabrada (having been chosen first) show as having a B team in-game and use it as such (still only stated as a 'mutually beneficial relationship' on the affiliates tab). Tested in-game for 3 years and no new creation of B teams from any team in LaLiga.

I do believe this is a universal solution, but feel free to test other leagues. Upvotes would be appreciated as I imagine many other borderline autists would like to rid themselves of this menace.

Untitled.jpg

Untitl1ed.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Untitl1ed.jpg

1 minute ago, Wolf_pd said:

If you set a team that has been extincted in the database, could that help you? Using the method as described above, but with a team no longer available.

From past experience, setting a team as extinct will remove all affiliations so I suspect it would negate this method. 

10 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Too bad, might have beena good cheat out ;) 

With the current solution you are left with one B Team/II team per country; However I suspect if you set the initial parent club as a lower division team (out with the playable leagues) as well as the feeder club (albeit in a different league; ideally one where they wont come in to contact with one another) I suspect you could eliminate the B teams/II teams from playable game entirely.

I've now completed the majority of my testing of this solution; All tests for 5 in-game years

Austria: Confirmed to work 

Croatia: Confirmed to work 

Czech Rep: Confirmed to work

Denmark: Confirmed to work

France: Confirmed to work

Germany: Confirmed to work

Holland: Confirmed to work (although cannot make Jong teams extinct as they are required to compete in a Reserve league, doing so will leave you unable to add Holland in-game; They can be removed as affiliate clubs however and from Dutch 2nd division)

Hungary: Confirmed to work

Norway: Confirmed to work (need to ensure to remove Reserve teams from the 'to be created' option in the Reserves tab; not doing so will cause clubs to begin with 2 Teams)

Poland: Confirmed to work (Tested making a lower league team unavailable in game as the parent club; works fine)

Spain: Confirmed to work

Still four more tests to complete in Switzerland, Portugal, Romania and Ukraine, but I'm 99.9% sure this solution makes the complete eradication of B clubs/II Teams/2 Teams possible.

2 hours ago, si223 said:

I've now completed the majority of my testing of this solution; All tests for 5 in-game years

Austria: Confirmed to work 

Croatia: Confirmed to work 

Czech Rep: Confirmed to work

Denmark: Confirmed to work

France: Confirmed to work

Germany: Confirmed to work

Holland: Confirmed to work (although cannot make Jong teams extinct as they are required to compete in a Reserve league, doing so will leave you unable to add Holland in-game; They can be removed as affiliate clubs however and from Dutch 2nd division)

Hungary: Confirmed to work

Norway: Confirmed to work (need to ensure to remove Reserve teams from the 'to be created' option in the Reserves tab; not doing so will cause clubs to begin with 2 Teams)

Poland: Confirmed to work (Tested making a lower league team unavailable in game as the parent club; works fine)

Spain: Confirmed to work

Still four more tests to complete in Switzerland, Portugal, Romania and Ukraine, but I'm 99.9% sure this solution makes the complete eradication of B clubs/II Teams/2 Teams possible.

Switzerland: Confirmed to work (The clubs will begin again with new u21 teams; However they will not be a distinct entity and no longer appear on player career tab. Removing original u21 teams will require you to repopulate the U18 (17) division.

Portugal: Confirmed to work (If you choose to remove the u23s then you will need to repopulate the u23 league)

I'm calling it a day: 100% success thus far.

Edited by si223

Ukraine: Confirmed to work (you may want to swap out some II teams from the Ukrainian 3rd divisions to avoid them getting promoted and pissing you off by their presence)

Romania: Confirmed to work (you may want to swap out the II teams from the Liga III Serie I-V divisions so none of them get promoted and **** you off in future)

15 hours ago, fayon said:

Awesome work!! after all these years my ocd may rest in peace :applause:

Could you please share the editor files from your tests in the different leagues to try them?

I'm afraid I've not done the tests from the base database, but continued to build my own edited database as I went along; as you can see from the a couple of the screenshots I previously uploaded, I've made over 105,000 changes to this database including player histories, player stats, staff changes, players to different clubs etc. The majority of this I had already done before I tried to tackle the 'II team' dilemma.

For example, I have edited every player history in Serie A, Bundesliga & the majority of Bundesliga 2, Eredivisie, Ligue 1 & 2, some of the Premier league, some of the SPFL, and LaLiga & Liga Smartbank...simply because I like the player histories to look nice instead of being accurate. It's very much a personalized OCD nightmare of a database and very much wont be to a lot of peoples tastes...for example see screenshots to see base game accuracy vs what I consider a nice player history...

...BUT the tested leagues do not have II teams, B/C clubs, 2 clubs or distinct U21 teams which will show on the player history (with the exception of 1 randomly chosen club per country; normally in the 2nd division).

This editor data will only run successfully on the base edition of the game and not the 20.3.0 or 20.4.0 updates; trying to run the edited database with these updates will result in some leagues not able to load. 

If you would ever intend to use this; I would highly suggest you use your own editor to greatly nerf Juventus as I've essentially made them nearly unbeatable.

Expansion55.fmf

Unt1itled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Edited by si223

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
3 hours ago, patb said:

Anyone managed to recreate this for FM23 by any chance? 

Here's how you can do it in FM23: Delete the B/II clubs. Replace them in whatever league they're in with lower league clubs. Open up the nation's advanced rules, go to Reserve Rules shown here:

20230425150616_1.thumb.jpg.1dd52308b0bd1ed4e1a5066f6967b320.jpg

Untick the Type of B Club box. That's it. You've deleted all the ones already in the game, and with that adjustment to Reserve Rules teams can't create new ones. Works for every country except Portugal (who still manage to create new ones somehow).

I'd share some of my files, but they're not updated to the latest patch and I've made a LOT of changes other than B team removals.

1 hour ago, rusty217 said:

Here's how you can do it in FM23: Delete the B/II clubs. Replace them in whatever league they're in with lower league clubs. Open up the nation's advanced rules, go to Reserve Rules shown here:

20230425150616_1.thumb.jpg.1dd52308b0bd1ed4e1a5066f6967b320.jpg

Untick the Type of B Club box. That's it. You've deleted all the ones already in the game, and with that adjustment to Reserve Rules teams can't create new ones. Works for every country except Portugal (who still manage to create new ones somehow).

I'd share some of my files, but they're not updated to the latest patch and I've made a LOT of changes other than B team removals.

That would be awesone!! Can you please share your files? Is there a way to re-install the game without the latest patch from Steam?

If that's the case I'll rather do that then all the changes from the editor.

Thank you so much in advance

20 hours ago, patb said:

That would be awesone!! Can you please share your files? Is there a way to re-install the game without the latest patch from Steam?

If that's the case I'll rather do that then all the changes from the editor.

Thank you so much in advance

No way to install the game without the latest patch unless you made a backup of the files before it was patched or something. Should just be a case of loading it up in the editor and verifying it though. Although, as I mentioned I've made a lot of other changes, eg. Spain and Italy contract to 18 teams from the 24-25 season and so on.

v Germany.fmfz France.fmfz Croatia.fmfz Italy.fmfz Netherlands.fmfz Russia.fmfz Spain.fmfz Switzerland.fmf

I think that's most of the countries with B teams removed. It didn't work for Portugal, but it did for those ones.

Edited by rusty217

5 hours ago, rusty217 said:

No way to install the game without the latest patch unless you made a backup of the files before it was patched or something. Should just be a case of loading it up in the editor and verifying it though. Although, as I mentioned I've made a lot of other changes, eg. Spain and Italy contract to 18 teams from the 24-25 season and so on.

v Germany.fmf 32.59 kB · 1 download z France.fmf 34.15 kB · 1 download z Croatia.fmf 21.77 kB · 1 download z Italy.fmf 30.97 kB · 1 download z Netherlands.fmf 26.27 kB · 1 download z Russia.fmf 31.04 kB · 1 download z Spain.fmf 42.58 kB · 1 download z Switzerland.fmf 24.61 kB · 1 download

I think that's most of the countries with B teams removed. It didn't work for Portugal, but it did for those ones.

Thanks. As you said there is no way to downgrade the game to the previous patch and your files unfortunately aren't working with the current version. 

I tried to workaround with the editor but unfortunately I found it very complicated since I've never used it. Anyway should you or someone else remove B teams again in the future, please let me know.

Thanks again for your help anyway

• 4 months later...