Match plans

Evening all

Am I right in thinking if I use the "match plans" option in the match prep meeting that things will happen automatically in line with my plan?

Or can it be used to prep my players for a likely plan going into the match which I can then decide against implementing if I need to?

8 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Evening all

Am I right in thinking if I use the "match plans" option in the match prep meeting that things will happen automatically in line with my plan?

Or can it be used to prep my players for a likely plan going into the match which I can then decide against implementing if I need to?

Match plans are tactical changes that you can set up pre match which will automatically trigger when the scenarios are met. You can always revert the changes in game. Players will also get prep pre match on game plans. Personally I find it more useful if you are using the instant result button a lot. If you are watching the game in full you can always make changes on the fly which is not an option if you are using instant result but still want to make some tactical changes.

11 minutes ago, zyfon5 said:

Match plans are tactical changes that you can set up pre match which will automatically trigger when the scenarios are met. You can always revert the changes in game. Players will also get prep pre match on game plans. Personally I find it more useful if you are using the instant result button a lot. If you are watching the game in full you can always make changes on the fly which is not an option if you are using instant result but still want to make some tactical changes.

Thanks - so I suppose what I am asking is if I am watching the game in full and have confirmed match plans in the pre match briefing, will it mean my players are better prepared if the changes are used in match?

4 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Thanks - so I suppose what I am asking is if I am watching the game in full and have confirmed match plans in the pre match briefing, will it mean my players are better prepared if the changes are used in match?

I supposed so but the benefits will likely be very small. Tactical familiarity is going to be more of a factor. Making too big of a change is not good regardless if you have pre match briefing.

13 hours ago, Junkhead said:

I avoid using match plans for matches I'm actively involved in. Too often, my assistant manager takes this as free reign to go over my head and make subtitutions without my knowledge.