[FM20] OFI Crete

MarcxD

4 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Very interesting club to manage Marc, although I'd say that as an islander so might be biased. :)

Not sure how the tactic works as it doesn't look like you're even attempting to defend the wings? But clearly it does work to some degree as you've established OFI as essentially best of the rest in Greece already. Keep pushing. 

I did choose them deliberately as a bit of an outsider in the Greek football landscape :) 

You're quite right about the tactic, it's focused on the center of the pitch, which is definitely risky. The opposition generally has opportunities through crosses, through balls and long shots - I do concede more from crosses than usual I think (40% of goals conceded or so). But I am hesitant to change anything though as it generally seems to work fine enough.  To be honest I also just wanted to go away from the same old 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 stuff I generally go with. 

Cheers 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

October - November 2023

october-2023-1

october-2023-2

Surprise defeat against the Georgians in Europe but otherwise still doing very well...

november-2023-1

and November was even beter. Back to back convincing wins against both Olympiacos and PAOK!

november-2023-2

Not saying this is definitely going to be the season to win it, but I have a feeling it might be... 

December 2023

december-2023-2

Finishing the first half of the season unbeaten domestically, but another loss in Europe sadly.

The Brian Brobbey - Lassina Traoré strike force is doing wonders. 

december-2023-1

Still just enough to finish first.

december-2023-3

PAOK is still close, but a 14 point lead on Olympiacos sure looks nice.

January 2024

january-2024-7

We seem to have outgrown Brunori so he was let go. I did not intend to sell Nikic but the offer was strong and it's hard to deny a player a move to China as I can't possibly offer similar wages. I definitely did not intend to sell Margonis to Roma, but he had a limited fee in his contract. A shame!

january-2024-6

I signed three new central defenders as I sold Nikic and Margolis. Ramos and Welzmüller will be for the first team and Gaínza for the future. (if I didn't have to plan around the non-eu players rule he would go straight into the first team squad, but alas). Welzmüller has a 10M potential future fee clause in his loan.

january-2024-2

I am not super sure I want to pay that kind of money for him though, especially with his fickle personality. Which is why I decided to take him on loan first.

january-2024-3

There he goes. No more academy players (and barely any Greeks) in the first team now, which is not what I ideally want.

january-2024-4

Another fantastic month, keeping our streak going.

january-2024-5

january-2024-1

Edited by MarcxD

March 2024

march-2024-1

No...

march-2024-4

march-2024-2

I rested some players before the Braga game and well away against at PAOK that might not have been smartest thing, so our first loss in the league. We did win against Braga though!

march-2024-3

Besides we are still 14 points ahead...

April 2024

april-2024-2

Dropped points again from resting some players, the bench is not quite good enough. We did win both ties against Copenhagen so up to the semi finals of the Conference League AND we are going to the cup final again.

april-2024-3

A side we lost to quite badly last year in the Conference group, but now it should be doable although close. If we make the final we should be in with a chance too.

april-2024-4

april-2024-1

And there is confirmation of our first league win!

May 2024

may-2024-4

Cleanly beat Galatasaray over two matches, and Feyenoord in the final, while close, was also a deserved win. Sadly we lost the final of the cup again, but otherwise what a fantastic season.

may-2024-3

may-2024-1

may-2024-2

18 hours ago, OlivierL said:

Love it ! did a stadion tour last year when i was on holiday in Crete. special old stadium with a small club shop.

That's awesome! I'm afraid we won't be staying in that stadium for very long now...

17 hours ago, DSousa06 said:

How did Lisandro Semedo performed in the first season?
He's my neighbor back in Portugal, and I've never seen his profile or coached him in this FM.

He did well for me in the first season, 

semedo1

He now plays for Almere City in the Netherlands, so not quite a legendary career. Very cool though that he's your neighbor

9 hours ago, oriole01 said:

What a season :applause:

Thanks mate :D

4 hours ago, walterjocoski said:

Following your new journey. 

Congrats the first league.

Welcome - thanks!

Season Review 2024

season-review-2024-9

season-review-2024-7

season-review-2024-8

season-review-2024-13

Brobbey I can't afford anymore now that Ajax has put him on wages of 6M p/a?! but Traoré is joining next year permanently, as is Tagseth (who I'm paying 4.5M for). I have decided not to buy Welzmüller for 10M.

season-review-2024-12

season-review-2024-5

season-review-2024-4

Some more individual awards as well like topscorers, best talents and gK's...

season-review-2024-6

season-review-2024-14

Pre-season 2024

pre-season-2024-6

Jovic had been unhappy for a while so I let him go, and Kieran O'Hara still had a limited fee. Mukumela had to go because of too many non-eu players in the team.

pre-season-2024-5

as I said Traoré and Tagseth are joining now permanently after their loans last season. Ross and Shonga are new strikers; Pérez a new GK; Lee Kang-In can play in several midfield positions but he's mostly signed for the MR position; and Sottini is a last minute addition to add some back-up in central defense after selling two first teamers in that position.

pre-season-2024-1

pre-season-2024-2

pre-season-2024-4

Sweet run in to the season and a nice opener...

pre-season-2024-3

Not an easy group for sure, but maybe we can get something against Monaco or Benfica.

October 2024

october-2024-1

october-2024-2

Foreign job offer...

october-2024-3

Couldn't quite do a unbeaten run like last season in the league but two fantastic home wins in the champions league, which already should put us in a really good position to at least progress in Europe after the winter. 

october-2024-4

So far it seems like a 4-club race, which would be exciting if it can last

December 2024

december-2024-5

december-2024-3

Super ridiculous result against Monaco only to then drop a little bit in form at home. But wow, that Monaco game!

december-2024-1

december-2024-2

End of the line here for us I am afraid. It probably would've been better to have a real shot to go in the Europa League.

december-2024-4

And all of a sudden you're 7 points behind the lead. Will just need to rebound and hope PAOK has a loss of form at some point. And with Olympiacos on equal points and Panathinaikos and even Aris close behind... much more of a fight this season.

January 2025

january-2025-6

Some big sales... Jensen and Cruz because I thought the offers were too good to refuse, and Machida because his limited fee was paid. 

january-2025-5

Incoming:

Osei (MC, youth); Ratão (AMC, First team); Segovia (MR & ML; rotation/youth); Artola (MR, first team), Markovic (MC, youth); Mendoza (DC, youth); Miculi (DC, first team).

january-2025-1

Direct replacement for Machida.

january-2025-2

Big DC talent who I really hope can come true in the long run for us.

january-2025-3

What I thought was a drop in form mostly went away, not being too mad about drawing away to good teams like AEK and Panathinaikos.

january-2025-4

Mostly the same situation with the top 5 all in it, although it is a good sign that PAOK dropped some points.  

4 minutes ago, Cheez3y said:

Nice progress.

Dont fall off or Gattuso will haunt you.

I cant help myself, but everytime I hear Crete, I must think of this. :D

Haha thanks mate, I remember that one. Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe sh... :D

February 2025

february-2025-1

Great month, even though we did of course lose to Barcelona - but not by much. Good wins in both the league and the cup, up to the semi finals. Ratão and Miculi both scoring multiple times.

february-2025-2

Perhaps even more importantly, PAOK has definitely dropped form and quite a few points. Not only are we in first again, we are just about to go into the championship group and if you don't have form while having to play the top 6 constantly you are in deep trouble.

March 2020

march-2025-1

march-2025-2

First real talent in a few years, if he can develop into a decent MR he will quickly get a spot in the first team squad as I really want some young blood from the academy in there. 

march-2025-3

Saying what I said about PAOK in the last post and subsequently losing twice to them the next month lol, and another loss to Barcelona so we're out of the CL. 

march-2025-4

1 hour ago, Cheez3y said:

Nice progress.

Dont fall off or Gattuso will haunt you.

I cant help myself, but everytime I hear Crete, I must think of this. :D

At least he was a gentleman and said thank you in the end(he had  right though about Greek media they are awfull)...:D:lol:

Edited by Sheriff7

Season Review 2025

season-review-2025-2

Another great season, we did not have a ridiculous run like last year but strong throughout - I was happily surprised that we got through the CL group, although I think a EL run would've been cool as well. The cup is a nice bonus after a few final losses.

season-review-2025-3

season-review-2025-4

season-review-2025-1

Pre-Season 2025

pre-season-2025-1

Was hoping for a bit more than 17k, but I'm guessing there will be room to expand later.

I had never heard of Eugene Gerards and I did not realize the only club legend according to FM was a Dutchman!

pre-season-2025-8

After January I was not planning on selling much, the biggest two transfers were my GK and my back-up keeper, both of whom were replaced by better players.

pre-season-2025-7

New players: Heije (MC, first team rotation), Martinez (GK, first team), Martín (ML, youth/back-up), Gradíssimo (SC, youth/back-up), Israel (AMC back-up), Kalabic (DC, youth/rotation)

pre-season-2025-2

High wages but a definite upgrade in goal.

pre-season-2025-3

I might have overpaid slightly but here's hoping he will fulfill his potential. 

pre-season-2025-4

pre-season-2025-6

Good pre-season and comfortable start to the season.

pre-season-2025-5

Definitely a kind draw for us in the CL this time around, should make the knockout rounds again behind Inter.

September - October 2025

september-2025

october-2025-1

Very good start to the season, not conceding for 7 games in a row including two CL games! 

october-2025-2

PAOK also strong again. Olympiacos a bit of a shocker, 11 points behind already.

November-December 2025

november-2025-3

november-2025-2

november-2025-1

november-2025-4

december-2025-4

In a bit of a shocker, it hasn't been the season of the new young striker I signed from Porto but young Greek Evanthis Doulkeridis who joined a few seasons ago.

december-2025-1

december-2025-3

Hard to judge - I mean any team in the last 16 should be too strong for us normally but we'll see.

december-2025-5

PAOK keeping up with us even though we are having a similar invincible like run like two seasons ago. Cristiano Ronaldo not doing bad at all as Olympiacos manager since taking over.

december-2025-2

January 2026

january-2026-4

One big sale, as Ekkelenkamp is the next player of mine to leave for China. Decided to give Gradissimo some needed game time elsewhere.

january-2026-3

No huge signings, but some needed extra players - Méndez and Collado were both transferlisted but are very good rotational options for us, in defense and around the midfield respectively. José is a young midfielder for the future.

january-2026-1

Dropped a few points, and shocked by Xanthi of all teams. But we are scoring tons. 

january-2026-2

A good lead, but it is still important to keep the form going. I can see PAOK losing that second spot to CR's Olympiacos.

March 2026

march-2026-1

Another goalkeeper talent.... I'll take it of course. There are multiple decent CA's to start out with so maybe the potentials are a little bit on the low side.

march-2026-2

Definitely an exciting prospect though!

march-2026-3

Very sour to go out of the CL again in the first knockout round. I feel like we could've had Lyon here. 

march-2026-4

April 2026

april-2026-1

Normally not a good month in the league but with our lead it doesn't really matter. Happy to get rid of the loss in the first tie of the cup semi finals so another straight final for us it is.

april-2026-2

PAOK even in danger of going to fourth place now, ouch.

CR doing well enough with Olympiacos that we're not officially champions yet.

Season Review 2026

season-review-2026-8

Maybe more was possible in Europe, but we still need to make some big steps to compete in the CL for sure. Domestically we are clearly the strongest team, although not dominating at an insane level quite yet.

season-review-2026-6

season-review-2026-7

season-review-2026-9

Giving Argitis (yp6a) some game time and will continue to do so next year. Good to finally have another young player from the academy in the first team squad.

season-review-2026-4

season-review-2026-5

Pre-Season 2026

pre-season-2026-1

pre-season-2026-2

Well, I'm happy with a big new owner who's supporting the club financially but not so much that he's offering big money for two new players - two more strikers !!! I already have enough!

pre-season-2026-3

pre-season-2026-4

Only one of the two went through. He is decent although small and can't jump; but as a pacy striker with good finishing I'll definitely take him. At least he is an EU national as a Danish international, and his wages aren't too bad either. The other one the owner bid for was wayyy more expensive.

pre-season-2026-8

I also signed a new left wing option from Milan, but otherwise it was a pretty calm summer. I have been looking for players but right now we are the tough position that real improvements are requiring big money or aren't that interested to move to the club.

pre-season-2026-7

I also didn't make any big sales, Blanco is an ML I sold to make room for Pitu; the others were also just back-up options.

I loaned both Topliss and Ross as they are non-EU strikers, with a maximum of 5 non-EU in the match squad I don't want more than 6 in my full first team squad.

pre-season-2026-9

Starting the season with back to back games against PAOK and Olympiacos why don't you. But, we did well! Great start from Mazembe to be fair, 3 goals already.

pre-season-2026-6

Should be in for second or third in this group. I'd actually like a nice EL Run after the break if we can't quite deal with Milan.

A few uncommon CL club names popping up... Ried from Austria, Hertha from Germany, and Vitesse from the Netherlands.

January 2027

january-2027-4

A lot of  money coming in...

back-up striker Doulkeridis; midfielder Villar; non-EU MR Segovia and DC Miculi.

january-2027-3

But also a lot of money going out.

Two huge buys: a new MC in Dresing, which lead to the sale of Villar; and Kaya as a direct replacement for Miculi in central defence.

I overpaid for both, but they are both 22 years and at a good first team level, so I think I should not make huge losses on them.

january-2027-1

january-2027-2

january-2027-5

Results and performances continue to go well...

March 2027

march-2027-2

march-2027-3

He has Danish second nationality so he is a EU national luckily.

march-2027-4

march-2027-5

Not really the best month but we kept our unbeaten record going...

The cup tie against PAOK was during the international break so both teams played with only having part of their first team squads. My entire bench were u-19s.

march-2027-1

A bit surprising, but there goes CR already.