[Suggestion] Set Piece Coaches

mister.cool40

I believe a good portion of the FM players don't really like bothering with set piece.I am one of them.Although set piece goals are essential part of the game,I find the current set piece modules difficult to understand,especially because I play with 3D ME and I find the 2D display of set piece module difficult to translate in the 3D game.

Also,setting good set piece routines ( especially defensive ones ) requires a good amount of reaearch and knowledge which many of the FM players do not have.Even when a good set piece routines are set up,a formation change or substitution forces us to change all the routines mid match.So combined with the increased amount of set piece goals conceded in the last two FM versions,set piece is becoming a frustrating part of the game.

So I think it would be really helpful if game implemented Set Piece Coaches who would take care of set pieces for us.A combined set piece coach who would take care of all or specialized set piece coaches ( Liverpool's throw in coach is a trendy example ) both could work.

I could envision some potential issue from this.Say SI chose to implement set piece coaches but I have a team with no real jumpers.So despite my set piece coach I concede loads of goals and start complaining in the forum that the new feature is broken.To avoid this the set piece coach could be programmed to give us advice like : Boss we need X amount of good jumpers or current lineup requires 2 more guys who can mark etc etc.I don't mean to tell SI how to code this or anything,just to highlight the possibilities of this feature.

There would definitely be some balancing issues,but I don't think having set piece coaches wouldn't be a very wild idea nor unrealistic.This would save us a lot of trouble who don't want to spend time micromanaging set pieces.And for those who like to do so,they can always choose not to hire the coaches at all 😁

[I don't know if something like that has been suggested before,so I am sorry it has been already contemplated.But in my personal opinion this would be a very cool feature.]

• 1 month later...