Player traits.

After training 5 traits for a player my ass manager says anymore is just excessive. I pushed on anyway, bit of a test, and have a striker with 7 traits. Now considering that the ass manager says this is excessive, will having more traits than the ass manager recommended have a detrimental effect on the player, or is it ok?

Regards...

Edited by DiscoDave

The player traits are going to cancel each other out and not be very productive if they are to that extent id think.

One or two traits might help, like a striker dropping a bit deeper for example.

But i dont know how you can have a trait to drop deep AND a trait to beat the offside trap at the same time for example. Can you?

I do actually think player traits are one of the most important parts of the game and should be given more prominence

13 hours ago, FMunderachiever said:

The player traits are going to cancel each other out and not be very productive if they are to that extent id think.

One or two traits might help, like a striker dropping a bit deeper for example.

But i dont know how you can have a trait to drop deep AND a trait to beat the offside trap at the same time for example. Can you?

I do actually think player traits are one of the most important parts of the game and should be given more prominence

No. I'm not training traits that contradict each other. That would be dumb :)

1 hour ago, DiscoDave said:

But giving them too many plus whatever instructions are set in the role they will be playing will lead to instruction overload.

3 hours ago, DiscoDave said:

I perhaps didnt phrase the response well.

But i agree with @Hilly1979 that training a lot of traits will cause instruction problems with the hard coded behaviour of player roles or an instructions overload

On 15/08/2020 at 17:35, DiscoDave said:

After training 5 traits for a player my ass manager says anymore is just excessive. I pushed on anyway, bit of a test, and have a striker with 7 traits. Now considering that the ass manager says this is excessive, will having more traits than the ass manager recommended have a detrimental effect on the player, or is it ok?

Regards...

I had a player with 8 traits i think, it was  Almada. After a while it became a pain in the butt to track him to see whether it was the tactic or the player causing unique things to happen. In the end a nice bid came and I sold him off. Lesson learnt. While its possible, its usually a good idea to have a plan for traits.