Just like if there were no previous games in FM serie?

I recently checked the SI site and saw that all the useful information about the previous games in the serie has been gone. No screenshots, no descriptions, no patches now, nothing. There's no option to buy any of the previous SI games anywhere. Just like if there ever was and is only FM2020 (one of the worst iterations in FM serie, to be honest).

Do you, SI gentlemen, really think it's a good way to make business, especially in our stormy times? Your game constantly degrades in quality from somewhere about 2012, I think (when you fully realised that you have no more competitors in the market). Maybe, you are afraid that people would buy your older games more willingly than newer ones if they could?

Oh, I do know all the usual answers I get in such cases: you know, Windows 10 compatibility, we have no time and manpower to ensure our older games will work on newer software and hardware, blah-blah-blah. What a silly subterfuge! Steam, for example, never took care about such minutiae as compatibility. And they sell tons of older games. The same can be said about GOG (they pretend they do care about compatibility but the result is nothing better than Steam's). So it's an invalid argument.

It's a very, and I mean - very light-headed decision. And it's very sad. I used to love the series from 2005 and I have every game up to 2016. But no further, sorry. You unwisely stalk along to your ruin.

@Azylmaal The previous games aren't for sale due to licensing reasons - they literally can't sell those games anymore.

Does it suck? Yes. Is there anything SI can do about it (when they're having to compete with the likes of EA and PES to get these licences)? Not really.

Blaming them for the legal restrictions they have to follow is like blaming the sun for being hot - they can't control it, and you're essentially wasting your own time doing so.

6 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

@Azylmaal The previous games aren't for sale due to licensing reasons - they literally can't sell those games anymore.

Does it suck? Yes. Is there anything SI can do about it (when they're having to compete with the likes of EA and PES to get these licences)? Not really.

Blaming them for the legal restrictions they have to follow is like blaming the sun for being hot - they can't control it, and you're essentially wasting your own time doing so.

You can buy them through various outlets if you google it . Like Amazon have FM06 FM17 FM18 etc ....  

Another reason could be they dont want people buying older games when they want to sell the newer versions as a lot of people do play older games as they are not as commercialized or Micro Managed 

3 hours ago, prot651 said:

You can buy them through various outlets if you google it . Like Amazon have FM06 FM17 FM18 etc ....  

Yes, but those were physical copies of the game or Steam keys made and distributed while the game was current and still being sold. Once the licensing agreement for the leagues/teams/etc in it comes to an end, SI/Sega stop producing it. That doesn't mean that the distributors or stores that bought those keys or physical copies are stopped from selling them, only that SI/Sega must stop producing them, selling them direct (such as via Steam) or advertising them. That they're still available elsewhere doesn't change what restrictions SI/Sega are subject to.

7 minutes ago, Brasilia88 said:

Be happy you CAN buy they game. Try living in Brazil... 

It sucks and I hope the bans will be lifted. 

That again comes down to licensing - essentially, FM can't be sold in Brazil with the Brazilian leagues included unless the leagues, teams and individual players are all licensed. Given it took years for EA to decide it was worth it for just the Copa Libertadores (they only added that as a tournament, and included the licensed Brazilian teams and players that were in that competition) this year, I imagine the price that was being asked was extortionate. Given, therefore, that FM doesn't have those licenses, and they're not willing to entirely remove the Brazilian leagues (even with fake team names), they can't legally sell it in Brazil. I'm pretty sure they would if they could.

13 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

The previous games aren't for sale due to licensing reasons - they literally can't sell those games anymore.

Well, OK. But it doesn't explain the disappearing of all the info about the previous versions. They just don't want people know. 

Championship Manager 2007 and 2008 have no license issues for some reason. Premier Manager from 02 to 10 have no license issues. Soccer Manager games have no license issues. Rugby manager games of previous years (like Rugby Union Team Manager) have no license issues. And only SI Games do have such issues. These guys are unique indeed.

5 minutes ago, Azylmaal said:

Well, OK. But it doesn't explain the disappearing of all the info about the previous versions. They just don't want people know. 

Championship Manager 2007 and 2008 have no license issues for some reason. Premier Manager from 02 to 10 have no license issues. Soccer Manager games have no license issues. Rugby manager games of previous years (like Rugby Union Team Manager) have no license issues. And only SI Games do have such issues. These guys are unique indeed.

Thats a far too uncomplex view of this issue

On 14/08/2020 at 09:24, JordanMillward_1 said:

That again comes down to licensing - essentially, FM can't be sold in Brazil with the Brazilian leagues included unless the leagues, teams and individual players are all licensed. Given it took years for EA to decide it was worth it for just the Copa Libertadores (they only added that as a tournament, and included the licensed Brazilian teams and players that were in that competition) this year, I imagine the price that was being asked was extortionate. Given, therefore, that FM doesn't have those licenses, and they're not willing to entirely remove the Brazilian leagues (even with fake team names), they can't legally sell it in Brazil. I'm pretty sure they would if they could.

I have no problem what so ever with them removing Brazil from the game altogether. There will probably some dude who will create all the divisions, logos and real player names anyway, as most countries now have. MundiUp is the example of this already. Regarding the cost to buy the license I can only imagine how much it can be... 

Unfortunately licensing is only going to get worse.  Whilst SI have gained the bundesliga, they have lost a lot of others and of course there is the Juventus and Man U debacle. Will the day come when there are no real teams or players in the game