Real Stadiums in 3D

cheekyspeedster

I reckon this might be hard to do but its worth a request. I feel this would really improve the 3D experience in Football Manager. To basically have the real stadiums of the clubs, like in 3D. Similar to what fifa does with their licenses they sometimes have the real stadiums licensed in 3d. Like to make the stadium look in 3D exactly the way it looks in real life. A lot of the time I for example see in the lower leagues that the stadiums look nothing like they look in real life. Like some clubs in vanarama non league have big stands as if they are City lol which is really unrealistic. And some clubs in premierleague /championship have stands in the wrong places compared to where it is in real life.

Edited by cheekyspeedster

• 2 weeks later...

It's been said a lot of times that having real stadiums in the game is impossible due to legal issues. But we even don't need it, frankly speaking. All we need is just a way to bring them to the game ourselves - a stadium editor. The same way we bring to the game a lot of club icons, kits, players' photo - all the stuff which is not in the game initially due to the same legal issues.

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/22/2020 at 4:21 PM, Exius said:

It's been said a lot of times that having real stadiums in the game is impossible due to legal issues. But we even don't need it, frankly speaking. All we need is just a way to bring them to the game ourselves - a stadium editor. The same way we bring to the game a lot of club icons, kits, players' photo - all the stuff which is not in the game initially due to the same legal issues.

In my save the Santiago bernabeu is GREEN , San siro is all Orange it would be cool if i can change de color , 

there is no point in closing the debate when there is plenty of solution to avoid any legal problem

On 22/08/2020 at 15:21, Exius said:

You'd just get requests and complaints for every type of stand to be created and rendered by SI's graphics team. .  The rest above are a static image, nothing that needs 3d rendering. even the 3d kits are a single png to be inserted.   

• 2 weeks later...

Like suggested by others, it is impossible for legal reasons, since the developers would have to pay the owners of the stadiums to use the image rights. However, if the game at least would consider the stadium size to make it more realistic. My 4,000 or 8,000 seaters look like Wembley sometimes.... 

• 2 weeks later...