all my saved games from older games (FM 18 and 19) dissapeared

So I have been playing Fm20 obviously. But I wanted to check my older saves I remember one fun save in fm19 with PSG and wanted to go back to the game and check it so i install the game again (had fm19 uninstalled) and when I go play it again. It was as if I had never played it there were no saves . Is this a bug or could my saves have been corrupted or accidentally deleted?. Was it perhaps because I uninstalled the game? Is there any way to retrieve those lost files then?, if they were somehow deleted.

Edited by cheekyspeedster

• Administrators

By default all the saves would be in the relevant game folder locations within here - C:\Users\YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019 (or 2018 etc).

No files are removed when the game is uninstalled, save game files can only be removed manually. If you played the game and saved on this same computer the files should still be there. 

5 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

By default all the saves would be in the relevant game folder locations within here - C:\Users\YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019 (or 2018 etc).

No files are removed when the game is uninstalled, save game files can only be removed manually. If you played the game and saved on this same computer the files should still be there. 

I use a mac if that makes a difference, and its weird cause they are not in the location i didnt delete those files manually 

• Administrators
9 hours ago, cheekyspeedster said:

I use a mac if that makes a difference, and its weird cause they are not in the location i didnt delete those files manually 

Ah okay, the default folder locations changed between FM19 and FM20 due to a change in how the more recent Mac Operating Systems work. So for FM20 the files are here:

Users\[Your Mac Username]\Library\Application Support\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020

By default this folder is hidden, so to access you need to do as follows:

- Open Finder
- Click ‘Go’ from the menubar
- Press and hold down the ‘Option’ (Alt) key
- This will bring up the ‘Library’, click to enter then go to ‘Application Support’ -> ‘Sports Interactive’ -> ‘Football Manager 2020’

For FM19 and earlier FM titles the files should be here:

/Users/[Your Mac Username]/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2019/games

Hpope that helps. 

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Ah okay, the default folder locations changed between FM19 and FM20 due to a change in how the more recent Mac Operating Systems work. So for FM20 the files are here:

Users\[Your Mac Username]\Library\Application Support\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020

By default this folder is hidden, so to access you need to do as follows:

- Open Finder
- Click ‘Go’ from the menubar
- Press and hold down the ‘Option’ (Alt) key
- This will bring up the ‘Library’, click to enter then go to ‘Application Support’ -> ‘Sports Interactive’ -> ‘Football Manager 2020’

For FM19 and earlier FM titles the files should be here:

/Users/[Your Mac Username]/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2019/games

Hpope that helps. 

Yup i checked the fm19 folder and there was no files in "games" folder except the config file. Weird I dont remember deleting these files!