U18 Youth League fixtures appearing in 1st team schedule

middleweight165

For some reason the U18s Uefa Youth League fixtures are appearing in the first team schedule and it's messing my training up. It seems the game is treating it as a 1st team game although I have to stick to the competition rules by playing U18 players.

Here are my match schedule and training schedules https://imgur.com/a/8fX2Gb3

Still playing FM19 and using the latest database by pr0.

How do I solve this?

Edited by middleweight165

You need to check in the rules for the Youth League. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is but it looks like the tournament isn't set up as a youth tournament. 

You could check under Competition-Stage-Teams and see if Team Type has been added (especially as First Team). 

1 hour ago, middleweight165 said:

For some reason the U18s Uefa Youth League fixtures are appearing in the first team schedule and it's messing my training up. It seems the game is treating it as a 1st team game although I have to stick to the competition rules by playing U18 players.

Here are my match schedule and training schedules https://imgur.com/a/8fX2Gb3

Still playing FM19 and using the latest database by pr0.

How do I solve this?

25 minutes ago, Fredrik said:

You need to check in the rules for the Youth League. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is but it looks like the tournament isn't set up as a youth tournament. 

You could check under Competition-Stage-Teams and see if Team Type has been added (especially as First Team). 

Hi, thanks for the reply. I check this in the editor right?

The pr0 update has a number of database files so I am going through them now. It's listed as a reserve cup and the team I'm playing as Chelsea is a registered team but gives no info on which of my teams is registered

Additional info

6 hours ago, middleweight165 said:

Hi, thanks for the reply. I check this in the editor right?

The pr0 update has a number of database files so I am going through them now. It's listed as a reserve cup and the team I'm playing as Chelsea is a registered team but gives no info on which of my teams is registered

Yes, you check this in the editor. There is, or should be, a specific file with the rules for this tournament. IMO, if the tournament is set as a reserve tournament it should show up in the reserve team fixture tab. 

From your description it does sound like you're checking in the database files, not in the rules. 

This is what I want to check:

image.thumb.png.e6c37f5b11645103613b6c9dde0ff0c1.png

That or this:

image.thumb.png.66eb7e8c9be54d521380499f4dbb89d2.png

In the lower screen I would also check fall-back if something is added. I have to wonder if having a reserve tournament without fall-back also can create the situation that your U23 team isn't picked up. In that case I'd add fall-back Next Lower Team and see if that helps.  

On 10/08/2020 at 17:16, Fredrik said:

Yes, you check this in the editor. There is, or should be, a specific file with the rules for this tournament. IMO, if the tournament is set as a reserve tournament it should show up in the reserve team fixture tab. 

From your description it does sound like you're checking in the database files, not in the rules. 

This is what I want to check:

That or this:

In the lower screen I would also check fall-back if something is added. I have to wonder if having a reserve tournament without fall-back also can create the situation that your U23 team isn't picked up. In that case I'd add fall-back Next Lower Team and see if that helps.  

Hi mate, sorry for the slow reply. Work got on top of me. Thanks for taking the time out to try to help me. I'm not experienced in this area at all, I've barely used the editor aside from making the odd transfer change.

I think i am checking the database not the rules because I don't see the same screens as the pics you posted. How do i check the rules? I can only see 'Rules' as the 2nd tab along the top but clicking on that only allows me to add 'nation' club continental' and 'international' rules. 

Edit - Ok so I found it. It looks exactly like the two pictures you posted above. How do I add fall-back? Whilst playing the game, this is how it played out in real time - the competition group stage had already been played but then i had to play qualifying matches, so it was backwards. After that I played some knockout rounds with the 1st team but having to put U19 players into the first team. Then my 1st team played against my U19s. I played as the 1st team and won. I won the whole competition and it was treated like a major trophy for my 1st team

More info

41 minutes ago, middleweight165 said:

Hi mate, sorry for the slow reply. Work got on top of me. Thanks for taking the time out to try to help me. I'm not experienced in this area at all, I've barely used the editor aside from making the odd transfer change.

I think i am checking the database not the rules because I don't see the same screens as the pics you posted. How do i check the rules? I can only see 'Rules' as the 2nd tab along the top but clicking on that only allows me to add 'nation' club continental' and 'international' rules. 

Edit - Ok so I found it. It looks exactly like the two pictures you posted above. How do I add fall-back? Whilst playing the game, this is how it played out in real time - the competition group stage had already been played but then i had to play qualifying matches, so it was backwards. After that I played some knockout rounds with the 1st team but having to put U19 players into the first team. Then my 1st team played against my U19s. I played as the 1st team and won. I won the whole competition and it was treated like a major trophy for my 1st team

In the lower screen you need to click on Team Type. Then fall-back is activated:

image.thumb.png.4b7e7a08604ec9f4d49cab40a3b3e09d.png

Once you've set Reserve Team(thanks to tournament being for reserve teams) you then select which fall-back option you want. I'm not 100% sure but IMO Reserve ranks higher than U23 so if you want to use the U23 when Reserve isn't available then you need Next Lower Team. 

My logic here is that I think the logic is that the fall-back is selecting Next Higher Team by default for this tournament and you need to actively choose something else. 

Don't forget to backup first. If this doesn't work then I'm afraid I don't really know what's going on. 

Good Luck!

A quick note on classifications. If it had been a U19 tournament then the fall-back should have been Next Higher Team. This is because you don't want to be limited to the U18 team when the tournament allows older players. 

16 hours ago, Fredrik said:

In the lower screen you need to click on Team Type. Then fall-back is activated:

image.thumb.png.4b7e7a08604ec9f4d49cab40a3b3e09d.png

Once you've set Reserve Team(thanks to tournament being for reserve teams) you then select which fall-back option you want. I'm not 100% sure but IMO Reserve ranks higher than U23 so if you want to use the U23 when Reserve isn't available then you need Next Lower Team. 

My logic here is that I think the logic is that the fall-back is selecting Next Higher Team by default for this tournament and you need to actively choose something else. 

Don't forget to backup first. If this doesn't work then I'm afraid I don't really know what's going on. 

Good Luck!

Thanks mate. I just went through the process again. The team type box is unchecked. I didn't try and tick it yesterday. If i tick it, the box becomes ungreyed and 'First Team' is there. No fall back team. Do i need to changed 'First Team' to 'U19'

I used this video to figure out how to access the rules. Is this correct?

Also, making a backup. Am i making changes to the 19.3 SI database or can I make these changes in the custom databases I have downloaded?

@middleweight165

You are at the right place. If you set team type to U19 then I think you need to set fall back to next higher. It will then pick up any U20, U21 or U23 teams. If you set team type to Reserve you set fall back to next lower team. Then it will pick up U23, U21 etc. 

Regarding how to access rules it works to do it how you did but presumably there's already a file that pr0 created. You should edit that one instead. 

Changes are done to the custom database, not the original one so save the backup of the custom one .

6 hours ago, middleweight165 said:

Where would I find this? You've been a really big help, thanks again

I don't have an easy workaround for it.

When loading an editor file it should look like this:

image.png.91000a27ebbf95b8e1f220fdc44bf090.png

Or it would looks something like this:

image.png.8aca62030736a5153889dd6977da85db.png

If you don't see a reference to Rules then it's 'just' database changes. I'm afraid this can be a bit frustrating if there are many files and especially if the naming convention is unclear. 

Anyway, once you see Rules you can verify if this particular tournament is there or not. If you can't find any rules anywhere you can create them yourselves. 

The reason I think there should be rules somewhere among your files is because otherwise it would have been SI that created a tournament with bugs. Sure, that happens but IMO it makes more sense to think an editor missed something when creating custom rules. 

13 hours ago, middleweight165 said:

Seems to be sorted. Hopefully it doesn't pop up when I'm deep into save. I really appreciate all your help mate. I definitely wouldn't have been able to solve it on my own, so thanks for taking your time to help me

Just a question, did you "sign" U18 head coach, or assign to be a the head coach one of your main club staff (in the responsibility area)?  Because that happens to me when I don't have a dedicated "head coach" of any of the Reserve/U23/U18 teams, and the head manager is also the head manager of those teams.  And only I'm able to get rid of those is if I sign U23/U18 dedicated coach, or assign one of my main club to oversee those teams.

• 1 month later...
On 21/08/2020 at 23:50, krakonico said:

Just a question, did you "sign" U18 head coach, or assign to be a the head coach one of your main club staff (in the responsibility area)?  Because that happens to me when I don't have a dedicated "head coach" of any of the Reserve/U23/U18 teams, and the head manager is also the head manager of those teams.  And only I'm able to get rid of those is if I sign U23/U18 dedicated coach, or assign one of my main club to oversee those teams.

No I always had U18/U23 Head coaches. I was playing as Chelsea. They had full staff for each. The issue was me editing a custom database. I messed it up somehow