How much in transfers can my club do for me?

Some context: I've been with my current club for a few years, and have been headhunted by a club in a better division which I agreed to move to at the end of my current season with my club. I didn't realize til after I accepted the contract that it's due to start in November 2030, a year from now, instead of November 2029.

I'm happy to see this time out with my club, but since I'm moving soon (lol) I'm no longer allowed to make transfer offers for players, conduct contract renewals, etc. I've made sure these are delegated to my Director of Football, but my question is will my club/DoF actually go through with making transfers in this time? They've already loaned 2 players out and attempted to sell my best young player (!), but will my club/DoF go out to either find replacements for players that have left the club, or even better will they still attempt to improve the club without my input? 

Edited by Ewan Me
Typo correction

7 hours ago, Brasilia88 said:

Didn't someone post some time ago the same problem? From what I remember, you need to sit it out... Sorry! 

Ah, I couldn't find it before I made the post if that's the case. 

Yeah so I understand that I'm not gonna have control over the transfers anymore, but with my DoF loaning out and selling first team players I was more wondering if they were gonna try and replace those players or improve the squad in this time at all, or if they'll just deal with incoming offers for our players? 

More info needed. What are the club Finances and what might be the reason the DOF is trying to sell your best young player and loan out the other starters?  Is there interest form other clubs and does  the player in question have no interest in renewing his contract because of this? 

Not sure on this but I think it would be business as usual until the club gets a new manager. That is, the DOF  is supposed to make decisions in the best interest of the club. However, the AI clubs in FM can be poor in transfer decisions in general and many of their personnel moves make no sense at all as it relates to squad building-even with a manager.  

On 11/08/2020 at 03:06, Ewan Me said:

Yeah so I understand that I'm not gonna have control over the transfers anymore, but with my DoF loaning out and selling first team players I was more wondering if they were gonna try and replace those players or improve the squad in this time at all, or if they'll just deal with incoming offers for our players? 

Yes, they will try to bring new players but the problem is that they often are bad at it. I had a similirar situation for the half of season on FM19 where director of footbal sold my first choice CBs and left me with one true CB in the squad. Then he tried to bring me a new CB on the last day of the transfer window and somehow transfer collapsed so I was forced to improvise for th rest of the season. But I remember he bought an exelent GK too.

20 hours ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

More info needed. What are the club Finances and what might be the reason the DOF is trying to sell your best young player and loan out the other starters?  Is there interest form other clubs and does  the player in question have no interest in renewing his contract because of this? 

Not sure on this but I think it would be business as usual until the club gets a new manager. That is, the DOF  is supposed to make decisions in the best interest of the club. However, the AI clubs in FM can be poor in transfer decisions in general and many of their personnel moves make no sense at all as it relates to squad building-even with a manager.  

Club finances are really good at the moment, actually! Just got the club into the black before I agreed the deal with my future club. DoF said he's accepting transfer offers because they "match his valuation of the player", but he isn't actually offering out the players in question and actively trying to offload them.

The players loaned out wouldn't have been starters at the club, but with my team regularly playing games every 3 days (across league, domestic cup, and Europa league comps) definitely in my plans for depth; one of them played >50% of league games last season, and another had the third highest assists in the league while on loan last season and was in my plans for rotation this season, possibly also for breakout into my best XI. 

The young player did have interest from other clubs, but rejected the contract offered to him and now his only concern is getting a bigger contract at my current club. 

Thanks for your help! 

2 hours ago, yolixeya said:

Yes, they will try to bring new players but the problem is that they often are bad at it. I had a similirar situation for the half of season on FM19 where director of footbal sold my first choice CBs and left me with one true CB in the squad. Then he tried to bring me a new CB on the last day of the transfer window and somehow transfer collapsed so I was forced to improvise for th rest of the season. But I remember he bought an exelent GK too.

Well, I suppose bad transfers are better than nothing. Thanks for the help!