Any 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 on 20.4.1 that are fun to play with and get the striker scoring? Tried quite a few in the last couple of days and none of them are getting the best out of the striker or AMC/attacking centre mid. I have a wealth of promising attacking players but cannot find a system that gets them firing

Have you tried the default 4231 gengen press? 

If you set the get someone with good set piece skills for the AMC role and set him corner and freekick taker he'll get plenty of goals and assists which helps the average rating (cos AMC seem to struggle with rating on this version), the striker left as pressing forward will generally get 20+ a season, i have experimented with setting him as an advanced forward but doesn't seem to make much difference.  

This has been my go to tactic for the whole of this version and feel it is very much plug and play, always hit the seasons objectives and 9 times out of 10 overachieve.  Try and get someone fast with good crossing as your WBR and he'll get up-to 20 assists a season too 

4 hours ago, madmike said:

Have you tried the default 4231 gengen press? 

If you set the get someone with good set piece skills for the AMC role and set him corner and freekick taker he'll get plenty of goals and assists which helps the average rating (cos AMC seem to struggle with rating on this version), the striker left as pressing forward will generally get 20+ a season, i have experimented with setting him as an advanced forward but doesn't seem to make much difference.  

This has been my go to tactic for the whole of this version and feel it is very much plug and play, always hit the seasons objectives and 9 times out of 10 overachieve.  Try and get someone fast with good crossing as your WBR and he'll get up-to 20 assists a season too 

I think his question was for a tactic that would get his striker and AMC scoring. How is getting AMC good at set pieces supposed to help with that? If the only time he scores is during set pieces, then it's not a really good tactic now, is it?

17 hours ago, FulhamFc14 said:

Any 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 on 20.4.1 that are fun to play with and get the striker scoring? Tried quite a few in the last couple of days and none of them are getting the best out of the striker or AMC/attacking centre mid. I have a wealth of promising attacking players but cannot find a system that gets them firing

Do you want advice on your existing tactic or you are looking for a plug'n'play tactic? 

On 09/08/2020 at 13:03, crusadertsar said:

I think his question was for a tactic that would get his striker and AMC scoring. How is getting AMC good at set pieces supposed to help with that? If the only time he scores is during set pieces, then it's not a really good tactic now, is it?

He asks for one that gets the striker scoring and "gets the best out of an AMC"  having him take the set pieces does help with this.  Its the not the only way he scores, i have had a player there get 25 goals and 20 assists in a season.  The IF's also score alot..

Its a fun and exciting tactic which i have completed dafuge challenge with this year.

Im not sure why you have replied at all if your not going to contribute to the thread

Edited by madmike
10 minutes ago, madmike said:

You mad bro?!  Didnt mean to get you so angry!!

He states Any 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 on 20.4.1 that are fun to play with and get the striker scoring?

To which i replied the default GenGen is fun and the striker generally gets 20+ goals a season...

he then says none of them are getting the best out of the striker or AMC

To which i suggest getting a player here who can take set pieces, in my experience this helps, as the AMC position can struggle to perform (low match rating, multiple threads on this) in this particular match engine...  If you try and make him a goal scorer you will be more likely to have to set the Striker to support which wont help with his priority of more goals for the striker.

If your just going to flame maybe don't bother replying, my advice was to him to take or leave..

I have completed Dafuge challenge this year using the default 4231 GenGen and find it very fun and productive.

You also havent given him any advice yourself so why even reply?!

No I'm not mad :lol:. This GenGen must be an amazing tactic then. Good for you.

@madmike @crusadertsar There is no reason for the above argument between you guys. Please keep to the topic instead of pointlessly arguing with each other. Otherwise I'll have no choice but to start removing comments (before possibly taking the next, more serious step). 

Thank you :thup:

36 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

@madmike @crusadertsar There is no reason for the above argument between you guys. Please keep to the topic instead of pointlessly arguing with each other. Otherwise I'll have no choice but to start removing comments (before possibly taking the next, more serious step). 

Thank you :thup:

No problem 👍 I have no beef with him.