Difference between Deep Lying Forward Attack and Support

Hi guys,

i am trying recently some new tactics with my team where i have one  importanrt role to choose:

Should i use a DPL A or S, or what kind of forward role should i use wich fits best in my tactic?

And what are the differences between a support dpl and an attack dpl?

Thank you.

image.thumb.png.30ff60a61dac0030158a50dbfadfbc98.png

DLF(s) drops into space, receives the ball and plays in someone else. A DLF(a) drops into space (sometimes central, sometimes in the channels), recieves the ball and then tries to create a chance themself. Obviously, depending on the player's attributes, the TIs, PIs, PPMs and the opposition a DLF(s) may try and do something himself and a DLF(a) may play someone else in but in general, all things being equal the Support role sets up others and the Attack role looks to do more on their own. Where they are similar is in that they both drop off into space to pick up the ball.

16 minutes ago, Atarin said:

DLF(s) drops into space, receives the ball and plays in someone else. A DLF(a) drops into space (sometimes central, sometimes in the channels), recieves the ball and then tries to create a chance themself. Obviously, depending on the player's attributes, the TIs, PIs, PPMs and the opposition a DLF(s) may try and do something himself and a DLF(a) may play someone else in but in general, all things being equal the Support role sets up others and the Attack role looks to do more on their own. Where they are similar is in that they both drop off into space to pick up the ball.

So if you see to my tactic, should i use support or attack then, or doesn't it matter generally comaperd to my tactic and is it then just dependable to the kind of player i use?

Very theoretically, but a DLF(s) who has the correct attributes to do so could drop down outside the 18yd box to try and create room and/or play in your two IF(a) players, who theoretically should be keen to get into the box and have a go - again depending on their attributes.

Not your OP question, so apologies, but having two APs beside each other in the midfield could go some way to scuppering things before getting to your front 3.

16 minutes ago, CaptCanuck said:

Very theoretically, but a DLF(s) who has the correct attributes to do so could drop down outside the 18yd box to try and create room and/or play in your two IF(a) players, who theoretically should be keen to get into the box and have a go - again depending on their attributes.

Not your OP question, so apologies, but having two APs beside each other in the midfield could go some way to scuppering things before getting to your front 3.

So what should i do to make my tactic better-more beneficial? Maybe 2 roaming playmakers? I like to play possession footbal besides ..

21 minutes ago, made_in_turkey4 said:

So what should i do to make my tactic better-more beneficial? Maybe 2 roaming playmakers? I like to play possession footbal besides ..

Good question - identifying how you want to play and who you have available to execute are key :-) Two playmakers on the same tier beside each other though, conventional wisdom says is not likely to produce desired results.

You have a DM for cover so sorted there, then that midfield pair combination could come from: (AM or RPM or DLP-s) + (BBM or CM-s or MEZ)

Here's an interesting and current AM thread to get you thinking: https://community.sigames.com/topic/522907-a-discussion-about-the-advanced-playmaker/

crusadertsar has an active thread on creating attractive possession football too that is worth checking out

Edited by CaptCanuck

38 minutes ago, CaptCanuck said:

Good question - identifying how you want to play and who you have available to execute are key :-) Two playmakers on the same tier beside each other though, conventional wisdom says is not likely to produce desired results.

You have a DM for cover so sorted there, then that midfield pair combination could come from: (AM or RPM or DLP-s) + (BBM or CM-s or MEZ)

Here's an interesting and current AM thread to get you thinking: https://community.sigames.com/topic/522907-a-discussion-about-the-advanced-playmaker/

crusadertsar has an active thread on creating attractive possession football too that is worth checking out

Ok thanks,

maybe i will start a new topic to discuss my new edited tactic, liked your comments by the way :) 

1 hour ago, made_in_turkey4 said:

Ok thanks,

maybe i will start a new topic to discuss my new edited tactic, liked your comments by the way :) 

No prob :-) I'm new to FM but not football, so I like seeing the things that don't work more than those that do, helps me think through my own setup!

You'll hit on something that works sooner or later.