FM20 - Basic 3D kit retexturing + other minor tweaks (beta)

Hi all,

After a long hiatus from FM i decided to come back and give an old fling another go...at which point i was surprised both pleasantly and unpleasantly by the 3D match looks.
My rant/dl thread about it back in 2011 for those interested on how i felt back then :  https://community.sigames.com/topic/197422-fm11released-3d-match-graphics-by-dw420-aka-daweed420/

Being disappointed by the lack of evolution on what was subpar textures for 2011*...i decided to do what SI should have done ages ago...and added some much needed details to the default textures.

*and how the FM community has settled on completely ignoring the 3d match graphics besides balls,kits and pitch textures ...but i'll spare you that rant...and get to the meat of this post.

My work can be found here: 
https://www.nexusmods.com/footballmanager2020/mods/1

So far it includes:

A full set of 56x3 textures...the vanilla textures with added details....including 2d kits/editor previews etc (shocks and shorts previews are WIP)
An alt set of 56x3 textures..heavily modified versions of the vanilla textures or completely new desings. (no 2d previews...still great if you get bored of the original set and want teams to change looks)
2 ref/linesman textures
football texture
ref cards/linesman flag textures
stadia textures with the ANNOYING yellow removed.
tweaked raindrops
tweaked mud particles -wip-
tweaked crowd colour palette (the range of colours the crowd textures use)
tweaked crowd textures -wip-

PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD ON OTHER HOSTS...GATHERING FEEDBACK IS NIGH IMPOSSIBLE AS IT IS.

Basic 3d kits ingame:
051r6ez1m4mzbwv4g.jpg

Basic kits , 2d editor previews:
kzgyug8fszp0w3k4g.jpg

Basic kits, 2d ingame screens.
ja2erw3kcep7vy54g.jpg
z8m9xdr5bcbw6544g.jpg 

Crowd colours:

j8m1i0pzgldrbre4g.jpg
uc9n1v9m0yg3q0q4g.jpg
Stadia fix:
gm0qf7s8p0mnfbv4g.jpg

Untitled-2.thumb.png.b797464ea551d03a949e352b24f57d24.png

Feedback is more than welcome but please keep in mind that unless its on the Nexus side of things...it might take a while for me to reply.

PS. If anyone from SI ever reads this...If you don't want to use any of my work (which you are more than free to, but understandably might not want to) for the love of god! Pay an art student a few bucks and get these sorted ....its less than a weekends work for the textures and i'm a hobbyist...after 8 years there is no excuse for doing literally nothing but upscaling them. I love you guys but lets be honest here...

Edited by daweed420
added images

Current WIP:
skintonesFACES.thumb.png.251bbda45726c2c8b43f221963c96527.png

custom player profile pics (literally on the very bottom of the list)

-the base of custom profile faces i might be making in the future. One for each skintone. 

DL link at the top of the post.

Edited by daweed420

they will be up this weekend...as part of 0.2 of the "3d matchpack" . I'm trying to get the tracksuits to look a bit more complex in terms of design...but previewing any changes on the textures takes ages, so i'm happy to let them as is atm and move on to some other minor detail.

On 17/08/2020 at 00:37, prot651 said:

Im a bit confused ?

Which is the most recent 

3D Match Pack-1-0-3-1596305734 Downloaded 11/08

3D Match Pack-1-0-2-1597552082 Downloaded 17/08

A) There is only one available at any one time...that should be self-explanatory when it comes to which one is the latest version of each file :)

B) Given that i uploaded 0.2 on Sunday the 16th ....it can only be the one you downloaded on the 17/8

I don't want to be rude here...but you really need to think things through when it comes to things like that . It will save you a lot of time. :)

Edited by daweed420
5 hours ago, daweed420 said:

A) There is only one available at any one time...that should be self-explanatory when it comes to which one is the latest version of each file :)

B) Given that i uploaded 0.2 on Sunday the 16th ....it can only be the one you downloaded on the 17/8

I don't want to be rude here...but you really need to think things through when it comes to things like that . It will save you a lot of time. :)

Saying i dont want to be rude here doesnt make what you said ucken nice and neither do smiley faces !!!.

Think i will pass on your stuff 

I agree with prot651. You do seem to have an attitude with this and with SI. He only asked you a question.  People in the FM community appreciate anything that enhances our playing experience but I don't think you need to talk to people this way.  I'll pass too.

On 19/08/2020 at 13:59, prot651 said:

Saying i dont want to be rude here doesnt make what you said ucken nice and neither do smiley faces !!!.

Think i will pass on your stuff 

Fine by me mate...

I was being honest when i said i don't want to be rude...i guess it would be best if i had ignored you. Take it easy :)

On 19/08/2020 at 15:28, gladman1 said:

I agree with prot651. You do seem to have an attitude with this and with SI. He only asked you a question.  People in the FM community appreciate anything that enhances our playing experience but I don't think you need to talk to people this way.  I'll pass too.

I honestly don't care if you or anyone else that feels alike "passes on my stuff".

Since I'm not doing this for the fame or the money (i doubt there are any to begin with) your choice to not use what i offer for free...has absolutely no effect on my life, for better or worse. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To end this pointless discussion...

I've done everything that i could do from my part to make the files easy to manage...there's only 1 of each up at any one time...with clearly noted upload dates & version numbers...with version notes that can be found on the main page. The comments tab also factually showcases whether i tend to those that need ACTUAL help or not.

I'm keen to help, but not keen to waste my time cause you can't be bothered to figure out how to press "sort by date" on Windows Explorer...the fact that you expect me to do so and abide by some arbitrary behavioural standards just makes you look entitled in my eyes.

As far as i am concerned this issue has been dealt with and I will not be replying to any further posts revolving around it...please spare me any input on "my attitude and what bothers you about it" as it is not the topic of this thread. If you really need to vent...PM me.

Keep safe.

PS.
My previous work was plagiarised by the "FM community" more times than i can possibly count, to the point where i lost any interest in modding for years...so don't try to school me on the "code of conduct" & "ethics" of the "FM Community". 

Edited by daweed420
syntax/spelling

Post locked as it’s just turning into arguments. If you want to discuss it further please do it in private. 

If OP wants to update the post, let me know and i’ll unlock it. As for the arguments, there’s just no need. If you feel like someone’s being smarmy towards you over the internet just close the tab and step away from your pc. It’s not worth getting into arguments about.