[FM20] Albion My Way - Youth Only

deez0r

The Save

Most of you are probably sick of the amount of saves I have had but I am getting back to what make me tick in this game....youth development or in this case youth only! I have decided to go with Burton Albion has they have pretty good youth facilities but are not a big club so it is a challenge. I will only use the in game editor to compare the PA vs the star ratings of intakes. Thanks @Jimbokav1971 for making me miss this as your thread is the reason I am doing this...I got a bit jealous!

The Manager

My usual manager, no badges and starting from the bottom!

image.thumb.png.70e9c75947e1d13b23bf2cc37525ac59.png

The Club

image.thumb.png.5b591d6cf7ab8369190ecee14c636209.png

Some very solid youth facilities here but we are predicted way down in 15th spot. With no room to improve the squad until our intake lets see if we can get something more out of the current squad!

The squad isn't the greatest but should definitely be able to compete at this level! The 3 standout players are below:

image.thumb.png.cd7632eb2cc5a556f020cb9561dcd4fc.pngimage.thumb.png.d249e824668c2b0fc63c30f55821848b.pngimage.thumb.png.03a2e9f368db4b04276dc9f15e54ca3a.png

Youth Prospects

image.thumb.png.927b2d5121acec0710c9e8ad4aeec5cd.pngimage.thumb.png.93ceec8ab611f55899bf7d4cb23e4b62.png

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I always have good saves with Burton. I did a Burton save recently and tried to keep it youth only. I ruined it by getting promoted to the Prem too easy and got bored of the save lol.

I hope you have success with Burton mate.

Thanks mate, looking forward to it!

15 minutes ago, deez0r said:

Thanks @Jimbokav1971 for making me miss this as your thread is the reason I am doing this...I got a bit jealous!

He's making me feel the same! I have, I think,  made a pretty comprehensive decision about where my next save, whether on this version or the next, lies!

Good luck at Burton - they seem to be a well run club and have a good youth base, too.

13 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

He's making me feel the same! I have, I think,  made a pretty comprehensive decision about where my next save, whether on this version or the next, lies!

Good luck at Burton - they seem to be a well run club and have a good youth base, too.

You going to let us in on the secret? Really enjoy your saves and a lot of the information in them has been very helpful to me! Still dont know how you get around now seeing actual attributes though. :D

3 hours ago, deez0r said:

You going to let us in on the secret? Really enjoy your saves and a lot of the information in them has been very helpful to me! Still dont know how you get around now seeing actual attributes though. :D

Nope! All I'll say is that it's a club that would need to be promoted to the VNL but I will be going fully into immersing myself with the local area and improving the football around here and a manager of American/Lithuanian/Irish descent for a number of reasons that will become clear! Still got to get my head around the whole set up of this but, with FM21 actually being announced to release this year, I'll probably keep my Voltaco save going for as long as I can and then fill what time is left with some other little challenges as this could take a long time!

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

Nope! All I'll say is that it's a club that would need to be promoted to the VNL but I will be going fully into immersing myself with the local area and improving the football around here and a manager of American/Lithuanian/Irish descent for a number of reasons that will become clear! Still got to get my head around the whole set up of this but, with FM21 actually being announced to release this year, I'll probably keep my Voltaco save going for as long as I can and then fill what time is left with some other little challenges as this could take a long time!

I shall look forward to reading that!

August - October 2019

Results

image.thumb.png.1115af3a8cb48c798ad377ab2a7cb924.png

It has been a very up and down season. Some defeats we have been extremely unlucky with. The Portsmouth game was actually a very even game but we their finishing was far superior. We could really do with a good prospect striker coming through as outside Akins our next top scorer is our right back!

League Table

image.thumb.png.f934ec93a8332f826bf04e6fe8dfa965.png

We were in the playoffs for a while but last couple of results have seen us drop back out again!

Carabao Cup

image.thumb.png.27201e944e267155467e1343ee53d519.png

image.thumb.png.3ae656aa4f96d7b16b3cc5b9e429e9d0.png

image.thumb.png.c6e3397e2aecab5c15f176ea16109e22.png

Well a really nice mini run here. A win over Fleetwood before knocking out a fairly full strength Everton team on penalties live in front of the cameras before a really great performance at Old Trafford say Utd, with Pogba and a few other first team players starting, knock us out 2-1!

EFL Trophy

image.thumb.png.1b9b28fdb358a86fd4eafeae6cc03ce2.png

A defeat against Bolton and a win against Accrington leaves us sitting 3rd in the table. A win over Man City u23's would confirm our progression although its a trophy I am not really paying much attention to. 

FA Cup

image.thumb.png.037808a4071651dbbd86c06f992280b0.png

We get a fairly kind draw in the first round of the FA Cup although Dover are flying high in 2nd in the National League so we need to be careful!

Player Review - Reece Hutchinson

image.thumb.png.7abab67deb1e5f15cfda11f1d04e6b0b.png

I made a decision to make Reece our number 1 left back this season and he has repaid me so far with 5 assists in 10 games!

Finances

image.thumb.png.8ea8b060ba56ba6de11328b9900ff204.png

We are losing quite a bit of money but the Carabao Cup games got us some £ to bring us back up a bit. Thankfully I shouldn't need much money as I wont be signing anyone but can be handy for facilities!

10 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Good start at Burton.

Thanks, the squad can definitely compete at this level, but there will be some big gaps in the squad once all the loans leave at end of the season. Currently 5 loans are in our starting 11 and we have very little youth coming in behind that to fill the gaps!

November 2019 - January 2020

Results

image.thumb.png.c5986fda53792bfded63984cba2c78d5.png

It has been a great few months for us. Thankfully some of the rest of our team outside of Akins (although he is now up to 28 goals for the season) have decided to chip in with goals with Murphy, Sarkic & Broadhead all hitting double figures. 

League Table

image.thumb.png.f6032694be474e0101e6c90cb1054427.png

We have jumped up to first although as you can see it is very tight at the top!

EFL Trophy

image.thumb.png.44467396b2888d9882501e15dffaea95.png

We did win our last game against City u23's which I thought would be enough.....turns our it wasn't and we went out due to goal difference!

FA Cup

image.thumb.png.a73a835b4cc7f25641a7b83b4d5b3dbc.png

image.thumb.png.49a088fd902670cfa6990038516247f1.png

image.thumb.png.8457243a2d977f48a2aea038d0777b65.png

We needed late winners against 2 Conference sides before meeting Newcastle at St James' Park where we again didn't disgrace ourselves as we lost 3-1

Player Review - Oliver Sarkic

image.thumb.png.b05a8aee1fa8ee2dd56877ffbf422298.png

As mentioned above Sarkic has really sit some goalscoring form and has now netted over double figures!

2 hours ago, deez0r said:

November 2019 - January 2020

Results

image.thumb.png.c5986fda53792bfded63984cba2c78d5.png

It has been a great few months for us. Thankfully some of the rest of our team outside of Akins (although he is now up to 28 goals for the season) have decided to chip in with goals with Murphy, Sarkic & Broadhead all hitting double figures. 

League Table

image.thumb.png.f6032694be474e0101e6c90cb1054427.png

We have jumped up to first although as you can see it is very tight at the top!

EFL Trophy

image.thumb.png.44467396b2888d9882501e15dffaea95.png

We did win our last game against City u23's which I thought would be enough.....turns our it wasn't and we went out due to goal difference!

FA Cup

image.thumb.png.a73a835b4cc7f25641a7b83b4d5b3dbc.png

image.thumb.png.49a088fd902670cfa6990038516247f1.png

image.thumb.png.8457243a2d977f48a2aea038d0777b65.png

We needed late winners against 2 Conference sides before meeting Newcastle at St James' Park where we again didn't disgrace ourselves as we lost 3-1

Player Review - Oliver Sarkic

image.thumb.png.b05a8aee1fa8ee2dd56877ffbf422298.png

As mentioned above Sarkic has really sit some goalscoring form and has now netted over double figures!

Yeah Sarkic done well for me but not so much in the Championship. Also Joe Powell is a great young player that you have. Is he doing well for you ?

40 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah Sarkic done well for me but not so much in the Championship. Also Joe Powell is a great young player that you have. Is he doing well for you ?

Powell has been ok. I would expect more than 1 goal and 4 assists from 26 games but he is close to an average rating of 7 which I tend to say is good. Fox is just back from his big injury so trying to give him game time as well. 

3 minutes ago, deez0r said:

Powell has been ok. I would expect more than 1 goal and 4 assists from 26 games but he is close to an average rating of 7 which I tend to say is good. Fox is just back from his big injury so trying to give him game time as well. 

Yeah he stepped up in my first season in the Championship and held his own in the Prem 2 seasons afterwards as well.

Youth Intake 2020

Our first youth intake of the save and I am hoping for some sort of striker and then just a lot of filling out the gaps that will appear when the loan players leave!

image.thumb.png.52c31a2afb972384ffbcdeda662af8d0.png

Our first intake whilst at first look doesn't have any superstars it definitely should help us fill some gaps and at further investigation I think some of these players are definitely useful for us. I have signed all those I have tagged and I also love that the different nationality players have all been signed as well. A Spaniard, an American and a Romanian!

YP20A - Keith McCone

image.thumb.png.82d251bc319dd9bc0590b10547b5d1ce.png

McCone is our biggest prospect by PPA and at first look he seems to have solid stats. Technical definitely needs some work and I will be tailoring some individual training to help this. Wings are definitely a spot we are light on though so he will be brought into the first team immediately. 

YP20B - Francisco Rodriguez

image.thumb.png.5a68e0148380509206e0a69dc839cf43.png

Rodriguez I believe is good enough currently to be on our bench and when the loan keeper leaves at end of the season will be pushing for that number 1 spot!

YP20C - Andy Giddings

image.thumb.png.c906b93ea330cc88af439aa748b9fc29.png

We needed a striker and thankfully it seems we have a decent one. Solid finishing and good pace is always handy for this level and he will be immediately brought into the firs team as well!

YP20D - Michael Koreniuk

image.thumb.png.e37aca45c0e60c736073697ed30157c8.png

Koreniuk has great passing already but needs to develop elsewhere. Midfield is currently one off our strongest positions but I will try and get him game time where possible. 

YP20E - Rivaldo Clark (amazing name)

image.thumb.png.9c1e0de48d098e5870ad983fc3c9efc9.png

I think Rivaldo will be the player along with Giddings who gets the most minutes currently. He is developed more than McCone and will definitely be utilised!

YP20F - Simon Frank (not so amazing)

image.thumb.png.19a66c3ab6824aac8f5e4609dc48a9c8.png

Frank is one of those players I love having on the bench. Covers a multitude of different positions and his mental stats are very very good. Could definitely come in handy!

YP20G - Nicolae Marincu

image.thumb.png.70d61121044cddbc2814a0a20de9f72f.png

Whilst I dont think Marincu is great right back is definitely a position we dont have much backup in. Brayford is 32 and we have no other right back in our first team squad. So he will definitely be backup!

YP20H - Keith McKenzie

image.thumb.png.501074f85ac810d16ab41f5a48435230.png

McKenzie will stay in our youth team and develop there. It is a position we have a lot of players in currently and it will be better for him to play games with the u18's.

YP20I - Martin Mantom

image.thumb.png.9fea126a5ca0fc41745464c40b7bc8b4.png

Mantom is another winger with decent pace and crossing which is always a good starting point. I will let McCone and Clark get more minutes however and he will develop with the u18's currently. 

Shamelessly stealing the nationality checker from @Jimbokav1971 as it is something I have never tracked before!

Nationalities Signed

English

Spanish

Romanian

American

Welsh

14 minutes ago, deez0r said:

YP20B - Francisco Rodriguez

image.thumb.png.5a68e0148380509206e0a69dc839cf43.png

Rodriguez I believe is good enough currently to be on our bench and when the loan keeper leaves at end of the season will be pushing for that number 1 spot!

I've lost count of the number of seasons I have done in FM20. I'm in 2040 now and I can't remember what year I got to in my Welsh save, but..... I have not once, never, never ever, had a GK injured during a match or shown a red card in any season in any of these saves. They have got orange injuries and carried on, and they have got injured in training, but they have never even been unable to finish the game. With that in mind, why do you need a GK on the bench? 

4 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I've lost count of the number of seasons I have done in FM20. I'm in 2040 now and I can't remember what year I got to in my Welsh save, but..... I have not once, never, never ever, had a GK injured during a match or shown a red card in any season in any of these saves. They have got orange injuries and carried on, and they have got injured in training, but they have never even been unable to finish the game. With that in mind, why do you need a GK on the bench? 

A very good point actually. I guess its just an historic thing really and because they do it in "real life". The reason I would potentially utilise him on bench is to bring him on for game time in those games we may be comfortably ahead on to help his development. 

Sarkic looks great and Akins looks like he can just about play anywhere, but, (and apologies if I've missed it), I haven't seen what your facilities were like at the start, or what they are like now. 

The problem with doing a Youth Only save at a club like Burton, is that you effectively have to get the 1st generation of Youth players to league 1 standard in order for them to make an impact. In this case you are probably going to have to get them to Championship standard because you're hopefully going up. 

I once did a Youth Only save in Regensberg in Germany and because you can't play U18's in the league over there, (and they come through aged 14/15, I got sacked before my 1st youth player made his debut for the 1st team. I'm hoping there isn't too big a gap between the players coming through and the level they will be playing at. 

Giddiings & Clarke look great from the 1st intake. :thup:

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Sarkic looks great and Akins looks like he can just about play anywhere, but, (and apologies if I've missed it), I haven't seen what your facilities were like at the start, or what they are like now. 

The problem with doing a Youth Only save at a club like Burton, is that you effectively have to get the 1st generation of Youth players to league 1 standard in order for them to make an impact. In this case you are probably going to have to get them to Championship standard because you're hopefully going up. 

I once did a Youth Only save in Regensberg in Germany and because you can't play U18's in the league over there, (and they come through aged 14/15, I got sacked before my 1st youth player made his debut for the 1st team. I'm hoping there isn't too big a gap between the players coming through and the level they will be playing at. 

Giddiings & Clarke look great from the 1st intake. :thup:

Sorry our facilities at the minute (after 2 junior coaching increases) are as follows:

image.thumb.png.73553558bbf2676bce9d514812bbe455.png

From the intake I have already gave a debut to 3 of the players so far to try and up their CA to a better level before the end of the season. Our form has took a bit of a hit recently and it could be playoffs rather than automatic promotion for us but I think in the long run giving them time now is a much bigger benefit. Giddings also scored on his debut!

1 minute ago, deez0r said:

Sorry our facilities at the minute (after 2 junior coaching increases) are as follows:

image.thumb.png.73553558bbf2676bce9d514812bbe455.png

From the intake I have already gave a debut to 3 of the players so far to try and up their CA to a better level before the end of the season. Our form has took a bit of a hit recently and it could be playoffs rather than automatic promotion for us but I think in the long run giving them time now is a much bigger benefit. Giddings also scored on his debut!

Wow. :eek: 20/20 Training/Youth Facilities is amazing. :applause:

Now I understand why you chose them. As a lot seems to depend, (in my opinion), on Youth Recruitment for PA, this could still be tough.

3 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Now I understand why you chose them. As a lot seems to depend, (in my opinion), on Youth Recruitment for PA, this could still be tough.

It don't know if anyone has mentioned it in here but Burton and the England National team share them facilities so they will be top of the range facilities due to the English FA making sure the National team has the best facilities.

9 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

As Ronaldo says below they share those facilities. (I will act like I knew this when I actually didn't have a clue!)

7 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

It don't know if anyone has mentioned it in here but Burton and the England National team share them facilities so they will be top of the range facilities due to the English FA making sure the National team has the best facilities.

So they train at St Georges Park? Ok that makes sense. No, I didn't know that. 

The problem here is that although the powers at be tell us that the 4 facilities equally contribute to both the CA and PA of Newgens produced by the club, I don't believe that to be the case. 

3 hours ago, deez0r said:

Our first youth intake of the save and I am hoping for some sort of striker and then just a lot of filling out the gaps that will appear when the loan players leave!

image.thumb.png.52c31a2afb972384ffbcdeda662af8d0.png

Sorry to take this on off on a tangent but one thing that really annoys me about English youth intakes (and one thing I may be using the editor for in my save) is the first names of these players. I know that the game generates names from those already in the database and, at the start at least, there are a lot of older players/staff with names that are no longer that common.

Lets take a few of these names and compare them to the 2018 release for baby names in England and Wales (yes, I know these were born in 2004/2005 but you get my point...)

There are 312,643 names registered for births, so you can work out how popular these are!

Keith - 13 boys in England and Wales born in 2018 had this name. Yet there are two, from the same Burton area, born in the same year.

Neal - 7

Andy - 44

Simon - 102

Phil - 112

Martin - 231

Sadly, there were no boys called Rivaldo born in 2018 in England or Wales!

---

However, you get my point. These names are (sorry if this offends anyone) 'old fashioned' and I think it ruins some of the immersion, for me. I plan, in my save, to use that document I have to edit some of the first names. Here are the Top 20 from 2018 - but it's not common that you see these kind of names in youth intakes - certainly not at the start of the game anyway.

e03890bb981dd8e4cc55059dffdfb714.png

---

Sorry to hugely de-rail this! Just wanted to share a point that annoys me!

3 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Sorry to take this on off on a tangent but one thing that really annoys me about English youth intakes (and one thing I may be using the editor for in my save) is the first names of these players. I know that the game generates names from those already in the database and, at the start at least, there are a lot of older players/staff with names that are no longer that common.

Lets take a few of these names and compare them to the 2018 release for baby names in England and Wales (yes, I know these were born in 2004/2005 but you get my point...)

There are 312,643 names registered for births, so you can work out how popular these are!

Keith - 13 boys in England and Wales born in 2018 had this name. Yet there are two, from the same Burton area, born in the same year.

Neal - 7

Andy - 44

Simon - 102

Phil - 112

Martin - 231

Sadly, there were no boys called Rivaldo born in 2018 in England or Wales!

---

However, you get my point. These names are (sorry if this offends anyone) 'old fashioned' and I think it ruins some of the immersion, for me. I plan, in my save, to use that document I have to edit some of the first names. Here are the Top 20 from 2018 - but it's not common that you see these kind of names in youth intakes - certainly not at the start of the game anyway.

e03890bb981dd8e4cc55059dffdfb714.png

---

Sorry to hugely de-rail this! Just wanted to share a point that annoys me!

I am not sure where you are from but if you are from England and you have a kid in the next few years please call him Rivaldo? Also I would like you to give me the names you would like to change so I can update them :D 

14 minutes ago, deez0r said:

I am not sure where you are from but if you are from England and you have a kid in the next few years please call him Rivaldo? Also I would like you to give me the names you would like to change so I can update them :D 

Probably not an idea that would get past my wife!

I don't want them changed and, to be fair, I'd have jumped on @Jimbokav1971 thread for a larger data sample - but he changes to nicknames immediately - but I just wanted to vent something that I guess is inevitable and does work by design, but isn't quite as hyper-realistic as I'd like ;)!

End Of Regular Season

Results

image.thumb.png.00ca3a1716e4e4c505b24888e877add7.png

As expected in this league it was very up and down. The run at the start of April is what killed us in the end but a solid first season!

League Table

image.thumb.png.2e10d90578377988769d42acc432fd87.png

I completely forgot about Bury not being here and thought I still had a chance! But predicted 15th and finishing 3rd and still a chance of going up is a great first season!

Player Review - Ben Fox

image.thumb.png.35fc6c656aff4e11768c5e17bdb7ba92.png

Fox is just back from his 9 month layoff and has played a few games. Good potential and solid stats means he will definitely be a useful player to have around the club!

Youth Update

image.thumb.png.53121790a39a188d5e117ea8abd1468f.png

So first point is that I forgot to do my usual check on PPA versus actual PA at youth intake time. If I had done this then I certainly wouldn't have signed a couple of players. For example Marincu who was 8th highest PPA dropped completely to the bottom with actual PA. I will do my little review next year! 

In terms of those above who I moved to the first team 4 out of the 6 have made their debuts with Giddings and Clark both impressing so far. Some good PA there which is a good start!

Playoff Draw

image.thumb.png.43122fbc3f867c5d22e4f6cab48490b0.png

We play MK Dons in the semi finals of the playoffs. We beat them 3-1 at home and had a mental 4-4 draw at their place. The same results again would suit me just fine! In the other semi Portsmouth play Ipswich. Portsmouth battered us 5-1 (although it was much closer than the score suggests) and drew with us 2-2 on last day of season. Ipswich we have beaten both times this season!

10 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Probably not an idea that would get past my wife!

I don't want them changed and, to be fair, I'd have jumped on @Jimbokav1971 thread for a larger data sample - but he changes to nicknames immediately - but I just wanted to vent something that I guess is inevitable and does work by design, but isn't quite as hyper-realistic as I'd like ;)!

Little Rivaldo Benjamin *enter surname* 

Play-Off Semi Final

1st Leg

image.thumb.png.ec0bcd8b93d8305e205b141ce6651cfd.png

First leg was disappointing. We were the better team throughout but came out with a 1 goal loss. Our new number 1 Rodriguez (YP20B) got his first goal from the penalty spot! I am confident in the 2nd leg we can overturn this!

2nd Leg

image.thumb.png.0ef0da73f32106c4fd5057a524f0c500.png

Our young guns step up in a big way. Giddings (YP20C) bagging 2 goals and Clark (YP20E) grabbing another as well as Rodriguez (YP20B) keeping a clean sheet!

image.thumb.png.d05fefed53ccbacd2e479e082cac1765.png

Was a nice day to pick for the fan day!

Draw

image.thumb.png.588acd3c4e2829d60bd84a34a61ef358.png

We get Ipswich in the final!

Playoff Final

image.thumb.png.f3872a26d884a38a1cc79c10d7851b9b.png

An amazing final. We thought we had it won in normal time thanks to another goal from Giddings (YP20C) but they equalised in injury time. Akins and another from Giddings (YP20C) looked like it had sealed a comfortable victory in extra time before Jackson grabbed his 2nd in injury time of the first half of extra time. Thankfully we were able to hold on!

End Of Season News

image.thumb.png.e704bcca2d86aaa89745a045a0e94eac.png

A small increase to the stadium at a fairly big cost and a loan taken out, thank feck we dont have to buy anyone!

image.thumb.png.4c97597da46e14a6904ace865833a560.png

I didn't ask for this but our youth rating is now moved up to category 2!

image.thumb.png.f1afe208b8be15b1fa13dd73acf2849e.png

An amazing season by Akins as he hits the 40 goal mark!

image.thumb.png.e911159d8222424d180aca4519b5365e.png

Young left back Hutchinson also hit 20 assists this season which is a great achievement!

Squad Review Part 1

Goalkeepers

image.thumb.png.3476b32e2fac56445eb3d7f679765f86.pngimage.thumb.png.bff6f2fc8d455dd2f01fb6a2c170d260.png

I am happy with our 2 goalkeepers. Both are young and Rodriguez (YP20B) is a great prospect. Sharman-Lowe is also a really solid keeper. 

Full Backs

image.thumb.png.7a78992b483f135bcfb8a0a6372c9844.pngimage.thumb.png.8d1b730f5477c70a103096be70125413.pngimage.thumb.png.4db733fea7ce7abd66db63143ea3a2fa.png

An area we are really struggling with. Hutchinson and Brayford are really good starting full backs for us but outside of that we only have players who can cover those positions. Daniel will be backup left back and we have some centre backs who can cover over at right back. 

Centre Back

image.thumb.png.c4bfadaee60b8d7f999a424bf26b5d08.pngimage.thumb.png.3abaf7bfd8f64bcde89a0e3872210f0e.pngimage.thumb.png.292700cfa9b55b47ce086c4b9eb77dde.pngimage.thumb.png.9263651c362ad0bb928abd0895f2df3b.pngimage.thumb.png.e3e6f5e82f4c069b833514a6af0eec3a.png

Another area we aren't really blessed in. Buxton is on a rolling contract and wont sign another contract. Lal and Richardson are young players with not too much ability currently but are here for backup. Our 2 starting centre halves this season will be Frank (YP20F) and Wallace.

Squad Review Part 2

Centre Midfielders

image.thumb.png.488f10f97ea970dddb2ad35b4ed553ef.pngimage.thumb.png.b600a1f5300280d81262d2e59b8d2a70.pngimage.thumb.png.934412e3ae7bac402f7114453f05536f.pngimage.thumb.png.b881b7f0ad3e4bd6074cb47ba0b29d89.pngimage.thumb.png.efa3b55570822595608d18e7544843d1.png

Probably the strongest area of our team. Powell and Fraser will be our starters with Fox and Koreniuk (YP20D) being the main backup. Quinn is still solid enough but because of his age I will be trying to develop the younger players more.

Wingers

image.thumb.png.8ee30a9ea406487f46d884b29f6a5756.pngimage.thumb.png.8104bc20c84c31f496a0db7c41a1c88c.pngimage.thumb.png.2cbf6a093f151203988588fa8b799a8f.png

This is another area where I quite like our 2 starters in Clarke (YP20E) and Sarkic but outside of that we only really have McCone (YP20A) who is no where near the required level currently. Akins and Daniel can also cover these positions though if required. 

Strikers

image.thumb.png.5b7230844725a95f7b35b4df7042120e.pngimage.thumb.png.9c6d5d3045a66a66a92db68b3a8a5fa1.pngimage.thumb.png.fd4d76fcda3ca2b8513004d77c2ec106.pngimage.thumb.png.4b64e4b409b73247f763cc42f42afac9.png

Our starting 2 in Akins and Giddings (YP20C) are pretty good for this level but our backup isn't great. Thomas simply isn't good enough and Sbara is more of a midfielder.

Overview

This squad is very poor for Championship level currently. I think we will struggle. We have some good players but the depth is simply not there. Injuries and suspensions could be a big issue this season if we pick up many!

5 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Name aside, I actually really like the attribute balance of this lad. Hope he can cut it for you in the Championship at such a young age...

I agree. It is rare you get a winger with these types os solid attributes across the board. He will be getting a lot of game time this season so at the very least he will be getting that development as will 3 or 4 others. 

Small fish in a big pond

image.thumb.png.c10367916077e250d5d6ccd525e44af5.png

Just as an example of the big step up we face. This is the top 19 clubs in our league and their wage expenditure. We are bottom of this list on just £71k per week. 

2 hours ago, deez0r said:

End Of Season News

image.thumb.png.e704bcca2d86aaa89745a045a0e94eac.png

A small increase to the stadium at a fairly big cost and a loan taken out, thank feck we dont have to buy anyone!

image.thumb.png.4c97597da46e14a6904ace865833a560.png

I didn't ask for this but our youth rating is now moved up to category 2!

image.thumb.png.f1afe208b8be15b1fa13dd73acf2849e.png

An amazing season by Akins as he hits the 40 goal mark!

image.thumb.png.e911159d8222424d180aca4519b5365e.png

Young left back Hutchinson also hit 20 assists this season which is a great achievement!

Wow how did you get Akins to get 40 goals for you, I usually played him on the right wing as an inside forward and he usually got 15-20 goals and 15-20 assists but you have done amazing to get that much out of him.

17 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Wow how did you get Akins to get 40 goals for you, I usually played him on the right wing as an inside forward and he usually got 15-20 goals and 15-20 assists but you have done amazing to get that much out of him.

I am playing him as an advanced forward. He did hit penalties last season as well but as part of my @Jimbokav1971 goalscoring goalkeepers appreciation he wont be hitting them this season! He has 3 in 3 this season as well so far does Akins

August - September 2020

Results

image.thumb.png.c810d3852a0fe66aa274fb01945d118c.png

It has been a decent start to live in the Championship. September was more difficult but with 3 wins and 3 draws from 10 games I will take that! 

League Table

image.thumb.png.3c275cb36646936da8587e89b80dd3b6.png

Sitting in mid table 5pts clear of the relegation zone. If we are anywhere near this position at the end of the season I would be delighted!

Carabao Cup

image.thumb.png.9c3e84dec9cdb7f773540fac3d43da62.png

image.thumb.png.da8dc6be1de1211301c598e522a4d89f.png

A great win with a half rotated team against Forest before our 2nd string showed just how poor they actually are by getting embarrassed by league 1 Lincoln!

Player Review - Michael Koreniuk (YP20D)

image.thumb.png.6be912b108f28efcb4dc551abe4828ab.png

Koreniuk (YP20D) played the 2 Carabao Cup games to try and help his development along. Stats are going up but he is still someway off Championship level. 

Youth Review

image.thumb.png.a7f9b80f28789830f8806e6986e83b87.png

Solid development here as well as Clarke (YP20E) having a positive personality change. Rodriguez (YP20B) has shown some amazing progress so far!

9 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Excellent first season. I like the look of Giddings and young Rivaldo. Championship will definitely be a challenge but hopefully you can survive and then push on! 

Yes those 2 along with Rodriguez seem to be the 3 stand outs of the first intake and they are playing in the first 11 currently. We have had a solid start so far in the opening 2 months!

October - December 2020

Results

image.thumb.png.85a8486a51b415cf50f4c3ec60e88310.png

Been a tough few months for us. We had a nice spell in October which actually pushed us as high as 8th. But we went on a run off 7 games without a win before picking up 4pts from the last 6.

League Table

image.thumb.png.4496cf2986e7e8c42d3ca908ac5b1168.png

We sit 17th 6pts (1 further clear from previous update) clear of the relegation zone. 

Player Review - Joe Powell

image.thumb.png.26757cc62eaba65c5dbafcb077a61487.png

Powell is probably our best player in terms of ability and value. He is one of only 2 players in our squad to have over a 7 average rating!

Youth Watch

image.thumb.png.984d7ea0fb35d4608def079599aba0b2.png

More solid improvement here apart from Giddings who has stagnated slightly. We move closer to the first 100 CA youth player though!

Youth Preview

image.thumb.png.7e9d2672abc0f88d7861989608b264cb.png

A golden generation! And centre backs and full backs are what we need. We could have probably have done with another striker but thats me being picky! Fingers crossed they turn out well!

7 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I am glad Powell is doing well for you.

Yes he is doing well. Him and Fraser are doing well for us and our relatively young so gives us time to develop our young players coming through whereas in other areas we have had to thrust them into the first team.