Disastrous future transfer of myself

I'm at LA Galaxy right now, and got offered interview by Swansea, I attended and asked them to "finish current season with my club". They accepted, gave me offer, I accepted, all good all nice, but when end of season came - I remained at LA Galaxy. I checked again, and it turns out that I will join Swansea on 26.10.2026. (now is january 2026. ,transfer was aranged somewhere in middle october 2025, MLS play off's was about to start ).  

Now I have no control over transfers - board started with preposterous tranfer market actions which is painful to even watch. I can't gain back control over it. I can't even resign, cause that option became unavailable, as well. 

Why that happened? So far, when I aksed to "finish season" I was teleported to new club after last game in schedule.

It sounds like a bug, so posting this in the bugs forum could be helpful. My completely uneducated guess is that the regular and the playoff parts of the season are coded as separate tournaments, so when regular 2025 ended, regular 2026 started immediately, and the game understood your clause as staying for the regular part of the 2026 season.

It seems to be a random bug, maybe. I continued from previous save (a month before aplying to job) and it turned out different. I mean, Swansea dude got sacked about at the same time, I got interview proposal, also asked to stay till end of season, but this time my future transfer was arranged at 20.11. 2025. 

Now I will change save slots more often. 

8 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

I wouldn't say it's a bug, the MLS season goes from March to October I think, so the end of the season is going to be around that time.

Yes, it ends in early november after west and east play off winners play for MLS cup. And it's how it end up on my second attempt. I was transfered on november 20th, 2025., a day after MLS final. I remained at LA just to finish current season play offs.

But "bug" was in first attempt, when I was scheduled for transfer in october 2026. To finish current season play offs, than to play entire next season. That is not end of current season, that's end of next season.