FM21 will it happen

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easy to forget that FM stops being real life once you're playing it. Not just because of transfers, newgens and random Brexits, but the fact the world does change, but FM's stays the same.

The first CM had players being sold in 2020 for 7 figures maximum on wages of a few thousand p/w, FM 18 didn't predict COVID, CM 01/02 didn't predict Brexit or tiki-taka and, according to my FM 07 everything-loaded game, Scotland is about to become the greatest international side in history. Let's not fuss too much.

On 05/08/2020 at 00:26, JordanMillward_1 said:

Answer to your questions:

1) We don't know. The impact of Covid would likely be included, without directly referring to the virus.

2) Transfer window changes have been included previously, so probably the extended one.

3) I'd imagine having, say, the 20/21 season without fans, or with limited capacity, and then returning to normal for the 21/22 season.

Thanks

On 07/08/2020 at 07:44, git2thachoppa said:

It's easy to forget that FM stops being real life once you're playing it. Not just because of transfers, newgens and random Brexits, but the fact the world does change, but FM's stays the same.

The first CM had players being sold in 2020 for 7 figures maximum on wages of a few thousand p/w, FM 18 didn't predict COVID, CM 01/02 didn't predict Brexit or tiki-taka and, according to my FM 07 everything-loaded game, Scotland is about to become the greatest international side in history. Let's not fuss too much.

That one's about to happen though, just you wait :brock:;) 

On 10/08/2020 at 11:51, metallimuse said:

That one's about to happen though, just you wait :brock:;) 

It also said Steve McClaren's Newcastle United would win loads of Champions Leagues and Premier Leagues, so...

This might have been raised on here already, but I was curious if it was said anywhere if the Covid pandemic might be incorporated into FM, a bit like Brexit was?

I think it would be interesting if it was, and as was the case with the Brexit scenario when it was implemented into FM, we don't know how long it will go on for so there could be different scenarios in different loads. In one scenario things could get back to normal quite quickly, and in another it could take months or even more than that and you would be playing in empty or part empty stadiums until then. This would of course affect the finances of the club etc.

Personally I think it would be interesting to have it in, at least as an option you could turn on and off. Has this already been talked about and did anyone at the FM team mention it?

On 19/08/2020 at 19:28, WojciechZed said:

This might have been raised on here already, but I was curious if it was said anywhere if the Covid pandemic might be incorporated into FM, a bit like Brexit was?

I think it would be interesting if it was, and as was the case with the Brexit scenario when it was implemented into FM, we don't know how long it will go on for so there could be different scenarios in different loads. In one scenario things could get back to normal quite quickly, and in another it could take months or even more than that and you would be playing in empty or part empty stadiums until then. This would of course affect the finances of the club etc.

Personally I think it would be interesting to have it in, at least as an option you could turn on and off. Has this already been talked about and did anyone at the FM team mention it?

Hi,
It has been discussed on here before and it looks like it will be included in the new FM21 game which i am vrery happy about. There are many on here this forum who are not happy about it but so far, it looks like it will have some impact on the FM21 game

3 ore fa, Spanner ha scritto:

Hi,
It has been discussed on here before and it looks like it will be included in the new FM21 game which i am vrery happy about. There are many on here this forum who are not happy about it but so far, it looks like it will have some impact on the FM21 game

Oh, really? Sorry, where did you read that?

7 hours ago, Spanner said:

Hi,

There has been no confirmation that it will be included in FM21. Whilst things like playing behind closed doors, altered league schedules, etc, might well be included, this hasn't been confirmed by SI to be true, or even that, if those things are included, that Covid-19 will be directly referred to within the game.

I think you've mistaken speculation for fact.

5 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

There has been no confirmation that it will be included in FM21. Whilst things like playing behind closed doors, altered league schedules, etc, might well be included, this hasn't been confirmed by SI to be true, or even that, if those things are included, that Covid-19 will be directly referred to within the game.

I think you've mistaken speculation for fact.

Referring to Neil Brock’s statement / post …. All delay is with reference to COVID-19 and what to include or not include. For example, planning schedules, league rules, transfer window rules etc..

It’s not just been harder from a production perspective – it doesn’t help that the world of football that we aim to simulate in our games is also in such a world of flux. Some leagues have confirmed their plans, some are still up in the air (although we are very much ‘in the loop’ with many of the possible decisions), the transfer window has moved in England at least, there are new emergency rules that may, or may not, be present next season. And there’s a lot more besides.

Therefore, unless you can tell me how all of the above is not COVID-19 related, and subsequently included into the FM21 game, I would love to know how FM21 will avoid having it present in the game which it aims to simulate.

Referring to is as COVID-19 or re-naming it to Sugar-puffs is another matter but the essence of it being in the game has already been inadvertently confirmed with ‘some leagues confirming their plans..’ to SI.

Also SI are ‘very much in the loop’ which shows a concentrated effort to include or have some, if not all, relevant effects from the COVID-19 / Sugar-puffs situation. That also accounts for a delayed release date. 

So in conclusion, and take your time to confirm, we can deduce that Sugar-puffs will be in FM21. The only question is to what extent, partially or fully.

Official confirmation will come later but Neil Brocks words already speak volumes about it being included in the FM21 game. Otherwise, SI would just release what they wanted with no COVID-19 issues and thus, no need for a delayed release date.

Like I previously wrote, it looks like we will have a FM21 with COVID-19. It LOOKS LIKE!!!