Setting permanent club vision despite feature being broken

shimi

I would like to set up a permanent "sign player of nationality" philosophy for the clubs in my edit.

However, this feature is apparently broken at the club level. So I'm thinking of the possibility of working around that somehow.

Is there a way to make a permanent chairman or other staff member that will set the club philosophy? (will not leave through a takeover or whatever).

What if I set a 30-year contact for someone that sets the philosophy and set "leave club at the end of contact"? will that prevent him from leaving and keep the vision throughout the 30 years?

Alternatively, is it possible in FM20 to have clubs set to different nations in the same division (not just based nation)? Something like this post (the instructions did not work for me in FM20).

Edited by shimi
Added another question

Hmm, might have been broken somewhere between FM16 and FM20. 

I don't think you can set contract for chairman. You could always change the take over change in a country, by changing the club nature, no elections, etc.

For future reference: the solution of having clubs set in different nations does work, I just had to remove the divisions themselves from the "required teams" section in the nation rules. After removing the divisions, I was indeed able to change the nations of clubs and not have the verification fail.

So, it did work initially when I tested one club, but after I changed the nations of all clubs in the system, the verification complains about incorrect number of teams in the competitions (despite having the correct number of teams entered in all cases). I find it to be inconsistent in where the error is, but usually it's in the league cup I made.

I attach the edit file in case someone more experienced than me can have a look and see where I went wrong here.

test.fmf

Edited by shimi
updated attachment to latest version