English Rules - 24 Teams in League One

Adamm90

3 hours ago, Adamm90 said:

Does anybody have advanced rules, for England, that mirror what is in the game? I want to put 24 teams in League One, without going through all the advanced rules.

Just add a 24th team to League One. The game has a separate set of rules that it runs when League One has 23 teams so if you add a 24th team it defaults to the regular League One rules. The only thing you need to do is make sure that all leagues below League One have the right number of teams (I normally do that by putting Bury into a lower tier league and just moving other teams around).

2 hours ago, Unknown Hacker said:

Just add a 24th team to League One. The game has a separate set of rules that it runs when League One has 23 teams so if you add a 24th team it defaults to the regular League One rules. The only thing you need to do is make sure that all leagues below League One have the right number of teams (I normally do that by putting Bury into a lower tier league and just moving other teams around).

Excellent - thanks for that. Will it revert to four relegation spots in League One?

On 18/07/2020 at 14:57, Unknown Hacker said:

I did this but the Carabao Cup has no fixtures in the 2019/20 season. Any way around this or not?

Edited by BenW.

8 hours ago, BenW. said:

I did this but the Carabao Cup has no fixtures in the 2019/20 season. Any way around this or not?

This happens (I believe) because of Bury's expulsion from the cup. The cup is programmed to run with 91 teams in year 1 so doesn't deal well with there being the normal amount of teams in the football league.

I haven't checked this but I would imagine that going into the advanced rules and removing Bury's expulsion would reenable the Carabao Cup in season 1.

14 hours ago, Unknown Hacker said:

This happens (I believe) because of Bury's expulsion from the cup. The cup is programmed to run with 91 teams in year 1 so doesn't deal well with there being the normal amount of teams in the football league.

I haven't checked this but I would imagine that going into the advanced rules and removing Bury's expulsion would reenable the Carabao Cup in season 1.

I'll give that a try, cheers!

EDIT: Just had a look and the Advanced Rules is far too complicated for me to use. As far as I can see I would have to re-create the whole English league and cup system unless I'm looking at it wrong

Edited by BenW.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/07/2020 at 16:36, BenW. said:

I'll give that a try, cheers!

EDIT: Just had a look and the Advanced Rules is far too complicated for me to use. As far as I can see I would have to re-create the whole English league and cup system unless I'm looking at it wrong

I've only just seen this so apologies if this is a bit of a late reply but you don't need to manually recreate the English league and cup system in the advanced rules. Take a look through this thread where someone wanted to do exactly what you wanted to do.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/526013-how-to-locate-advanced-rules/?tab=comments#comment-12551005

On 07/08/2020 at 14:26, Unknown Hacker said:

I've only just seen this so apologies if this is a bit of a late reply but you don't need to manually recreate the English league and cup system in the advanced rules. Take a look through this thread where someone wanted to do exactly what you wanted to do.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/526013-how-to-locate-advanced-rules/?tab=comments#comment-12551005

Thanks for that - followed it and it runs like clockwork!

17 hours ago, kroshot said:

cannot for the life of me find where to change the carabo cup so i can play it first season.can someone screenshot it for me please i keep looking its drivivng me mad

This post will explain how to open the advanced rules and navigate to the Carabao Cup.

This post will explain how to change the start year.

I can't post any screenshots at the moment, but the 'Start Year' field is about halfway down the screen when you open up the General setting for Carabao Cup (Normal). If you're still having issues tomorrow I'll be able to post a pic for you.