I Won My First Game!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜

Congratulations!! No better feeling then winning a game! Congrats on your first.

I've been playing FM for an embarrassingly long time. Mt first win was playing Champ Man 2 around at my cousins.

My advice would be to keep playing and keep learning! You will lose games, lots of games. You will sign young players who wont develop as you hopped. You will sign staff who give you terrible advice. If your lucky you will get a club relegated or send into administration.

All will make you a better manager!!ย :)

Because you will learn how to do thing correctly after all that and have some great football manager stories along the way

• 1 month later...
On 16/07/2020 at 14:27, kofiglover1 said:

Congratulations!! No better feeling then winning a game! Congrats on your first.

I've been playing FM for an embarrassingly long time. Mt first win was playing Champ Man 2 around at my cousins.

My advice would be to keep playing and keep learning! You will lose games, lots of games. You will sign young players who wont develop as you hopped. You will sign staff who give you terrible advice. If your lucky you will get a club relegated or send into administration.

All will make you a better manager!!ย :)

Because you will learn how to do thing correctly after all that and have some great football manager stories along the way

Thanks.ย  I really appreciate the feedback.ย  That helps a lot.ย  The game is so fun and I am just discovering it.

4 hours ago, Federico said:

Well done! Keep it up!

ย 

1 hour ago, Snorks said:

Been playing since the dark ages and I still feel the same way!

ย 

Well done!

Thanks a lot good people.

I am now figuring out how to do the whole transfer market thing and contracts.

What I like about the game is how the team completely represents your vision of soccer.ย  No more saying to myself, "If that were my team, I would do this and that".ย  Now it is my team. LOL!

3 hours ago, Analog said:

Same here.ย  I have actually learned a lot of stuff this year that I was missing out on in the past.ย  FM is an incredible game, truly it is.ย  It's still hard for me to believe how much detail is in the game and how it all works together, even if there's some bugs along the way.ย  There's so much they have to get right in the game, far beyond the match engine, and they've done an incredible job overall I think.ย ย 

There's some great YT channels for FM insight like Bust the Net and Zealand.ย  Both of those channels cover just about every area of the game from transfers and contracts to tactics, scouting, all of it really.ย  @LyghtWayveย if you are American you will probably really dig Zealand's channel.ย  The guy who runs Bust the Net is a moderator here and also does Q/A stuff from the forums on his channel.ย  Make sure you check him out.ย  He's honestly pretty advanced for newcomers, but you can go through his videos and find what you need for sure.

Thanks @Analog, I will be sure to check them out.

On 11/07/2020 at 12:22, LyghtWayve said:

I am so excited that I won my first game - by a score of 4 - 0 no less.ย  It has taken me watching a ton of soccer strategy videos, and to watch a bunch of football manager videos as well.ย  I even adjusted my strategy during the game to take advantage of a weakness I spotted on their team.ย  Then during the game, I was shouting instructions to my team too.

I am really enjoying the game now that I understand it.ย  Of course, there is still a lot more for me to learn about the game.ย  For example, I am still trying to understand scouting and development and youth team management.ย  I am also learning more about how to manage staff.

Any suggestions or thoughts are welcome.

Great stuff. Learning about soccer footballย :rolleyes: strategy is a great place to start - applying those principles to FMย should see you right. After that, it's up to you to take it to the next level....

ย 

17 hours ago, Edinton said:

Great stuff. Learning about soccer footballย :rolleyes: strategy is a great place to start - applying those principles to FMย should see you right. After that, it's up to you to take it to the next level....

ย 

Thanks!ย  Us Americans with our soccer ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ย  We are learning.ย  I am hoping that America grows in Football.ย  At any rate, this game is really fun.

Edited by LyghtWayve

On 03/09/2020 at 13:41, LyghtWayve said:

Thanks!ย  Us Americans with our soccer ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ย  We are learning.ย  I am hoping that America grows in Football.ย  At any rate, this game is really fun.

You may still call it soccer. It shouldn't offend our Brit friends.......Supposedly the British came up with the term Association Football (shortened to soccer) to differentiate it from Rugby Football.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I am learning about tactical analysis of my opponent.ย  This game is so deep, so much to do.

I wish they had a 3D engine like that even of Xbox 360 FIFA/PES caliber.ย  To be able to see the player's actually do the skills that we obsess about about would make this game even more insanely addictive.