Do takeover attempts fail five times?

So I don't necessarily think I have proof for a "bug", per se, but I would be curious to see if this is considered an unusual situation.

I am managing União de Leiria in Portugal. I've had it explained to me that the odds that the chairman will wish to sell the club will be more likely as time goes on. In these saves thus far, I have had five failed takeover attempts at this point in the fifteen years, and the original owner of the club is still here, even after I have taken them from the Portuguese Championship to the Primeira Liga and successfully up Europe once, I would think that my owner would want to cash in and get a massive return on his investment.

Another thing that seems odd to me was that this takeover rumour was external but some of my past failed attempts were internal, but if you look at my club's board, our team is legitimately just the owner and one director. Does that affect the odds of an internal takeover as well?

20200702130222_1.jpg

20200704132841_1.jpg

20200704134138_1.jpg

I would say that five failed takeovers in a row is certainly unusual but not necessarily bug-worthy.  Different types of owners have different priorities.  Some will stay loyal to the club and hang on forever.  Others are more investment-oriented and will sell much more quickly.  Look at the owner's profile.  Does it say something like "lives and dies with the club and will never leave"?  That should provide you with a clue as to his priorities.

Right now he's "Loves the Club" if you're thinking of Owner Status. Moreover, if you're thinking of Investment-Oriented, consider that this was José Mourinho's club in between his stints at Benfica and Porto, and not just that, in the early 2010s, they went through a huge financial slump, so the current owner in Tolstikov saved them from stuff, and I will also admit that I was financially secure because he is an Underwriter (although he has not injected any money to the club now that I'm able to generate healthy profits from player sales).

I have four failed at my current club. It starts with "rumours not to be believed", owner status goes to "in process of takeover" and when it fails - goes to "happy to stay". But dude is cheap as hell, so maybe he waits for some good offer. He dont give money for upgrading coaches via courses, don't give extra payroll money..."we're good as we are now"... Have clause in club philosophy to buy players for "nothing" and to resell them for bigger money (only 25% goes to transfer budget)...when I was renewing contract I tried to ask for bigger salary, not much, just one click on +, I tried 10 times, all 10 times he decreased it to original offer :herman: After that I gave up and accepted. 

I’ve yet be at any club in any save in FM 20 where there wasn’t a “takeover rumor “. Not one. 

There’s nothing you can do about it so just keep playing. 

Just hope the dreaded takeover/new board buying players you don’t want doesn’t happen. 

Takeover seems to be increased from previous FM. I am seen more and more frequently, doesn't matter the team. Also, the failure seems 90% each time. I can understand that SI want to increase our nervous and anxiety; but please. At least increase our sack ratio because of that.

apart from Newcastle haha, i've had been taken over a few times when i've been testing stuff at Newcastle...a few times, they even make a few expensive signings

i think it's more likely to happen when your owner is prepared to sell/listen to offers.

8 hours ago, Prokopije said:

I have four failed at my current club. It starts with "rumours not to be believed", owner status goes to "in process of takeover" and when it fails - goes to "happy to stay". But dude is cheap as hell, so maybe he waits for some good offer. He dont give money for upgrading coaches via courses, don't give extra payroll money..."we're good as we are now"... Have clause in club philosophy to buy players for "nothing" and to resell them for bigger money (only 25% goes to transfer budget)...when I was renewing contract I tried to ask for bigger salary, not much, just one click on +, I tried 10 times, all 10 times he decreased it to original offer :herman: After that I gave up and accepted. 

Yeah that's tough but the failures on your team are pretty similar to mine. From my experience, with any small club you have to basically make your own budget. I didn't get any money to build until maybe when I qualified for Europa League II, and a few upset rounds and eventually winning it stabilized my bank balance, but I only then would have maybe £3M to spend. When I got to the CL I had maybe £10M to spend but I only got the £100M budgets by selling players at massive profits.

6 hours ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

I’ve yet be at any club in any save in FM 20 where there wasn’t a “takeover rumor “. Not one. 

There’s nothing you can do about it so just keep playing. 

Just hope the dreaded takeover/new board buying players you don’t want doesn’t happen. 

In my case, if a hypothetical takeover gets rid of the "Sign Russian Players" philosophy, that would help. A lot of the decent Russian players at this point would demand wages of £300k p/w, if not greater just to play for us. Given my transfer budgets are £300M+ these days if they don't blow that on two players I think that would be worth it for me if I don't have to "Sign Russian Players", and it isn't negotiable anymore when looking at the vision.

5 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

apart from Newcastle haha, i've had been taken over a few times when i've been testing stuff at Newcastle...a few times, they even make a few expensive signings

i think it's more likely to happen when your owner is prepared to sell/listen to offers.

I think that's a good point.

Edited by el canadiano

I just got 5 year plan for club - all five years stands "looking to sell the club", no competition expectation, no nothing. Board status went to "will listen to offers". I'll see how takeovers will go from there.

21 hours ago, Cadoni said:

Takeover seems to be increased from previous FM. I am seen more and more frequently, doesn't matter the team. Also, the failure seems 90% each time. I can understand that SI want to increase our nervous and anxiety; but please. At least increase our sack ratio because of that.

Spot on.

The last FM i played prior to FM20 was FM16.
The takeovers or the 'rumours of takeovers' has double and to be honest it feels like tripple some times. 

On one of my saves, Even Man United has been invloved in 'rumours' twice in 5 seaons. 

It feels like any club, any time, any where.

6th attempt was success. At the end, dude sold club to his brother (I guess, they have same surname), who was president under him and now became owner. I got 1 400 000 in general balance (was around 400K before) and 122K transfer budget (was 0 before).  So, it will happen, sooner or later...probably later...

If will be happen, will be 2nd time in 3 years. Every year, new board???

If someone knows how to edit this annoying thing, will be great.

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.73fe3eb523f9ddda8e0a347251e89286.png

Screenshot_1.png

• 2 months later...