Little FM things that annoy you...

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not able to make all substitutions in a friendly match with one click. For example, If you play 5 friendly games  in a pre-season and like me, in 60th minute you want to replace all the players you must go one by one. It would be cool if we could click "replace all players" and then game tries to figure out by position what players it should swap. Of course I don't expect that functionality to be 100% correct but it does annoys me that every friendly match I have to make 11 substitutions one by one. I know it is a small thing.. maybe this option exists already but I am not aware of

1 hour ago, Marko1989 said:

Not able to make all substitutions in a friendly match with one click. For example, If you play 5 friendly games  in a pre-season and like me, in 60th minute you want to replace all the players you must go one by one. It would be cool if we could click "replace all players" and then game tries to figure out by position what players it should swap. Of course I don't expect that functionality to be 100% correct but it does annoys me that every friendly match I have to make 11 substitutions one by one. I know it is a small thing.. maybe this option exists already but I am not aware of

Let them play 90 mins and just play more friendlies?

2 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

And increase chance for injuries with that

To be honest I've played this way for years and never found it to be demanding injury wise. 

8 friendlies in pre-season - 4 for the first team, 4 for the 2nd team. Key highlights to see the occasional nice goal. Everybody ready for the season bar the 3/4 hanging around on the fringes who pay the U23's friendlies. 

No mass substitutions, no ball ache. 

There are loads and some have been mentioned but ridiculous newgen international managers. Slightly unbearable. 

Also, having done a few small rep league challenges it annoys the hell out of me when I release a youth player who isn't quite good enough for my team but should be snapped up instantly by other teams in my league yet he retires a year later. This also happens a lot and is rather frustrating/annoying, especially when you need the teams around you to improve ti increase co-efficient ranking.

Recently signed staff constantly being poached after having been at my club for less than 6 months - 1 year.
I have to constantly sign a new U20 Manager and U18 Manager. They sign for me, then they sign for another club as a manager "immediately" after being approached by another club.
I wish there were some loyalty there as well, and also that high wages would scare off clubs as it they can do with players on high wages.

Feels like getting staff is a free for all.

17 hours ago, Norfair said:

Several options available to welcome a new signing to the club (what's the difference between the 4 options you get??)

You only get four options if you ask a captain or vice-captain to make the intro (two otherwise), and I discovered recently that you can in fact ask nearly any player in a broadly similar position to do the welcome and not just accept whatever the game suggests.

I forget the exact phrasing, but essentially my take is as follows:

> 'As captain, take some time to welcome him to the club' - The player will spend more time one-on-one with the captain, essentially exposing them to altering their personality more towards the captain's personality. The downside of this is they don't acclimatise so much with the rest of the squad, presumably at a cost to squad cohesion and teamwork. Good for younger prospects not expected to contribute to the first team as a good initial boost to mentality.

> 'As captain, welcome to the club and introduce him to his team mates' - weaker version of the above, but gives a better balance between being influenced by the captain's personality and adapting to team dynamics.

> 'Help him integrate as quickly as possible' - less emphasis on one-on-one time with the captain and correspondingly more geared towards making the player part of the team dynamic quickly. Better for players with already good personality who you want to hit the ground running, but can expose a younger player to the potentially more negative aspects of overall squad personality.

> 'Introduce to his team mates' - spin the personality roulette wheel and risk overall squad personality affecting their personality.

On 07/07/2020 at 11:55, jib said:

No talk team option for subs if you use quick sub!

THIS!! One thousand percent this!! It may only be cosmetic and have no impact at all, but having the option to say I have faith in you from the quick sub menu and seeing the players reaction on previous FM's really helped immerse you in the game. I guess with quick sub there's no increase to morale, unless you go into tactics.

Absurd manager appointments (Leeds United have appointed Shrewsbury Town Under 18 coach Jimmy McBollockhead as their new manager) which really throw you out of the immersion, especially as you get deep into a save and find some very weird managerial career trajectories.

1 hour ago, Danchinaski said:

Absurd manager appointments (Leeds United have appointed Shrewsbury Town Under 18 coach Jimmy McBollockhead as their new manager) which really throw you out of the immersion, especially as you get deep into a save and find some very weird managerial career trajectories.

Not quite the same, but 8 years in mine Erik Bakke left Leeds to join Liverpool as manager 

3 hours ago, Danchinaski said:

I dunno, do you remember David Hockaday?

1 hour ago, KingCanary said:

I dunno, do you remember David Hockaday?

Hell, I'm old enough to even remember Kevin Cullis, but it's the fact that these things are so rare irl which makes them memorable. If it happened in fm as rarely as it did irl l wouldn't have posted. With practically all FM gripes there will always be *that one similar incident in the entire history of association football* which can be brought out but the problem is the regularity of these weird appointments. FM17 is the one l played the most, in fact I've gone back to it because FM20 is FM20, and these appointments are fairly routine.

13 minutes ago, Bothan Spy said:

When you sign a decent young Swiss DC and in its media description it says, "Could be the next Philippe Senderos".

If it was me being described that I'd just give up

On 07/07/2020 at 13:25, pw75 said:

No negotiation allowed for manager contracts.

The above is small but a bug bear for me.  I am one of the most successful managers in my game winning numerous trophies with numerous teams.  Yet every time my existing team or a new club wants to negotiate a contract i find there is hardly any movement at all from what they originally offer.

The wage is rarely if ever increased, trying to add extra clauses are never agreed, and shortening the length of the contract (to minimise the clubs financial risk) or adding a % increase per year reduces the wage they offer drastically.

i completely agree with you pw75.

I have the same siutation \ experience on one of my saves and it really really bugs me that the games been developed in so many ways but i kinda feel like the manager contracts was forgotten about.

Another funny but super annoying aspect is when you leave a club and have been super successful, won throphies, your stats and reputation in the game is great but then your new club want to offer you peanuts?!?....like all you have done before counts for nothing.
Its like being an apprentice on bad wages, then you progess, salary goes up, your doing well....change company and then your offered apprentice wages again :( 

Is there a way we can make a recommendation \ suggestion to Sports Interactive to update the game with an improvement in this area?

On 08/07/2020 at 08:33, Butlee said:

When clubs will not budge an inch on the price on their players. Especially if that player is already transfer listed and wants to leave.

Worse when you're a giant from (say) Germany and you're bidding on a teen in (say) Africa, and the club is demanding 10M for him when his value is 100k. And it's like:
"Mate, for 10M I could buy your entire club."

(Not that I'm referencing a particular career or example or anything lol)

hahahahha..... had the same experience with a club in south america .....wanted crazy money for a player!... there should be a button that is called not just 'walk away' from negotiations but more like 'walk and laugh loudly out the door'

I hate that I always find staff with the best attributes

On 08/07/2020 at 07:11, Bothan Spy said:

When you see regen staff at the beginning of the game with incredible stats even though they have zero experience compared to real people.

I'd add to this that I hate seeing staff with incredible stats for a role they aren't interested/ suited to. For example, I'll find a guy with 20 for each attribute related to goalkeepers but he's only interested in being a fitness coach despite only having a 7 rating. I used to think you could maybe sign one of these coaches in their favoured role and slowly transfer them over, but I've never been able to do it.

My biggest annoyance at the minute is having a youth intake preview tell me to expect a golden generation only to get one 3.5 star potential kid come through. If I had poor facilities that would be fine, but the board have upgraded the youth setup to be the best in the country I'm managing

2 hours ago, north_london_fan said:

Since then I won the Hong Kong Community Cup, and its gone up to -84. I now have won 172 cups in my second spell at Dreams FC. Maybe, I won so much that it broke the game. :lol:

20200709083402_1.jpg

20200709083659_1.jpg

Have you actually won 135 cups then? Maybe there's something in the code that screws it when you win so many and it can't translate over to your own history?

1. When you sign a 'contract' to be a national team manager but the negotiations are zero and it seems all contracts are open, forever.

2. When you have a job interview for a team like Liverpool, Barca or Man City for example and they ask you a financial question like '...are you going to be comfortable working with a big budget?' 
......i am the manager of United and have experience with half-a-billion as the transfer kitty plus my profile stats for handling finances as a manager is 100% so yeah mate, i think im good for it.

3. When you are England Manager and you have a B team that is never used. Why do i need to have a B team? 
....the thing is always empty. LOL

4. If you have an assistant manager you want to fire and replace, you can't place an advert for a new assistant manager until the current one is fired....a small irritation but my logic is. If the response is bad or no suitable candidates can be found, then i will stick with my current assistant. Sucks i have to fire him first in order to place an advert.

5. When you take over a team (club or national) and if relegated and the timing of you taking-up the manager role is just before the season, then that relegation is attributed to your profile and will appear as your work. Gutted, its a major dummer! 

6. Not being able to publically blame or speak out about agents who really destroy negotiations. 
......they are a major part of the game and yet we have no way to speak-out against them. Some of them are real horrible, nearly impossible, to negotiate with.

45 minutes ago, Spanner said:

5. When you take over a team (club or national) and if relegated and the timing of you taking-up the manager role is just before the season, then that relegation is attributed to your profile and will appear as your work. Gutted, its a major dummer! 

Totally agree with you on this one!! Say you're unemployed, take over someone relegated from the Prem before 24/06 and the relegation is on your profile and your start date at that club is the season before, despite it technically being over, it does grind me that

How someone who scores in the first half suddenly becomes a much better player. If he scores twice then he becomes seemingly invincible. If someone misses a couple of chances or has a mistake leading to a goal then they become virtually useless.