Little FM things that annoy you...

When you join a club who have a player out on loan with a mandatory fee at the end, you can’t cancel the transfer or the loan and yet the next season some of the squad are upset that you sold that player when you literally can’t do anything about it.  Happened with Juve who sold Emre Can in a previous version & happened again in FM23 with Everton who have sold Moise Kean. 

The other annoying thing is if you make a promise to strengthen the attack and you buy 3 new strikers the player demands a transfer because you broke your promise.  

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you go a man down in a game and suddenly the opposition start getting loads of set pieces and more often than not score from them. Going a man down might make you concede more if you're being pushed back, but it absolutely wouldn't make you more likely to concede from them.

16 hours ago, busngabb said:

The 'adjustment goal'. When you're doing very well in a game and outperforming expectations. You go three up away to City for example, all of a sudden there's a ridiculous goal from absolutely nowhere with no context to it.

i can this the sub goal. around 60th minute you pause to make a sub, come back to the game and hit play and suddenly the other team have a goal. 

pet hate of mine is the player history screen. when you want to see how many goals a player has scored for you and it only shows league goals. think should be the total for the season and then you click on the year to see the breakdown. 

After reading this thread I have noticed that a lot of people are annoyed by stupid and repetitive questions from the press, and that's the thing that annoys me the most too.  For example, every time a manager in the league overachieves, the press would ask you for your take on it. And if you decide to compliment that manager, the next question they ask you is ALWAYS, "Don't you think you are being patronising?" Every time that question comes up I get the urge to storm out. Why does it have to come up every single time? 

My 19-year-old Columbian wonderkid newgen left back gets his first cap for Columbia, as always I congratulate the player, he pops off with a "well, it SHOULDN'T have taken this long!" Really? I'm managing Denmark's team and you have to be something special to even make the 23-man squad, let alone get capped. But I plow on with the "well, it's great that you've showed your patience and hopefully it's the start of a long and successful run" and here he comes back with "You don't need to be condescending to me, I KNOW how great I am!" and I suddenly realize that he's never going to see the pitch again at FC Koln unless it's a member of the groundskeeping crew, because I must destroy him now. I signed him for $1.2 million, he's worth $20 million now, and quite frankly the first team to offer $20 million+ can have him, if I haven't retrained him as a goalkeeper by then. 

21 hours ago, podunkboy said:

My 19-year-old Columbian wonderkid newgen left back gets his first cap for Columbia, as always I congratulate the player, he pops off with a "well, it SHOULDN'T have taken this long!" Really? I'm managing Denmark's team and you have to be something special to even make the 23-man squad, let alone get capped. But I plow on with the "well, it's great that you've showed your patience and hopefully it's the start of a long and successful run" and here he comes back with "You don't need to be condescending to me, I KNOW how great I am!" and I suddenly realize that he's never going to see the pitch again at FC Koln unless it's a member of the groundskeeping crew, because I must destroy him now. I signed him for $1.2 million, he's worth $20 million now, and quite frankly the first team to offer $20 million+ can have him, if I haven't retrained him as a goalkeeper by then. 

I had similar with a kid I'd brought through from the academy. He had barely played and wasn't that good, but scored twice in the FA Cup final. I praised his performance after the game thinking he'd be made up. But he had a complete rant about it, I forget the wording but it was basically hinting at me having low standards. Like you, that kid will never see daylight, let alone a football pitch again in his career.

The amount of time it takes for shouts to actually happen. They should just happen instantly, not wait for the next stoppage in play. Their effectiveness should rest on how close the players are to the technical area. And you should be able to spam them if you want to (Although obviously that would reduce their effectiveness and cause confusion if any of them were conflicting).

• The player history screen - it becomes a complete mess
    • 0's added for B-teams because the AI shifts them to the B-team for some reason and they don't even play a game yet they have a row of 0's every year for it
    • Loan fees & mis-aligned transfer fees
    • the awful data management from update to update with rows of 0's for a club when they moved to another club that summer and the person responsible didn't delete the former club row
    • Compounded data management issues caused by the way winter updates are added
    • 0's because they only played cup games (the whole league only view)
    • 0's because a player who hasn't played for you moves to another club before update day and now has a full season for the new club
    • The glitches in summer transfers before update days e.g. loans becoming permanent 
    • Youth intake getting a season of 0's when they inevitably don't make a first team appearance until the following season

• Summer transfers applying to the previous season because they happen prior to season update day

On 06/10/2023 at 14:23, kevgaleuk said:
  • The player history screen - it becomes a complete mess
    • 0's added for B-teams because the AI shifts them to the B-team for some reason and they don't even play a game yet they have a row of 0's every year for it
    • Loan fees & mis-aligned transfer fees
    • the awful data management from update to update with rows of 0's for a club when they moved to another club that summer and the person responsible didn't delete the former club row
    • Compounded data management issues caused by the way winter updates are added
    • 0's because they only played cup games (the whole league only view)
    • 0's because a player who hasn't played for you moves to another club before update day and now has a full season for the new club
    • The glitches in summer transfers before update days e.g. loans becoming permanent 
    • Youth intake getting a season of 0's when they inevitably don't make a first team appearance until the following season

• Summer transfers applying to the previous season because they happen prior to season update day

Down with the 0's. :kriss:

• 2 weeks later...

Being told scores of other matches and that I've moved up or down to a new place in the table with no way to turn off those in-game alerts like there used to be.

(Unless that was fixed for 23, which I didn't buy, but I don't think it was.)

Those alerts really take me out of being immersed in my own match, and I don't see any real life manager ever caring about other scores except possibly on the final day of the season.