4141 Tatical Help

Hello everyone!

So, i'm currently managing a mid-table club in the Portuguese League.

I have good players, technically, with good mentals and I want to play defensively solid with incisive with the ball. I created a setup, but I think it's not perfect, I appreciated if anyone could help me make this tactic better overall.

Capturar.PNG

2 hours ago, rossenori said:

your CM/A is attacking the same area as your IF/A. try switching him to a mezzela on support. your DLF on S might be dropping too deep. and LB on attacking duty to overlap your IW. 

A CM on attack will not necessarily attack the same spot as a inside forward on attack,that would be an attacking Mezz who attacks the channels.

Nothing wrong with that combination in my opinion, in that formation you do need attacking penetration from the midfield.

3 horas atrás, Hilly1979 disse:

A CM on attack will not necessarily attack the same spot as a inside forward on attack,that would be an attacking Mezz who attacks the channels.

Nothing wrong with that combination in my opinion, in that formation you do need attacking penetration from the midfield.

What do you think about this.

Changing DLF-S to DLF-A
Changing IF-A to IF-S

Changing WB-S to WB-A

The key to making a tactic more defensively solid is to understand where it concedes space to the opposition and try and reduce that space as much as possible while not sacrificing your defensive shape entirely.

In the 4-1-2-3 Wide, the wings are the most vulnerable areas of the pitch for your team to defend especially when the opponent attacks with 2 players down the flank and overloads your fullbacks.

As a result, the way you have set up the tactic exacerbates this weakness. The gap between your DR and AMR will generally be large making it harder for them to work together to defend the flank. You don't have any cover to compensate for this in your central midfield.

I would think about pushing up the line of engagement to attempt to win the ball higher up the pitch. I'd also change the duty of the DR to support and the duty of your DL to attack.

That way you reduce the gap on the flanks and also engage the opponent before they can work the ball into your vulnerable area.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say incisive with the ball.