Realistic Regen Faces using AI

Florent div

Hi,

I discovered a new AI algorithm called PULSE: Self-Supervised Photo Upsampling via Latent Space Exploration of Generative Models. (Github link)

It's primary goal is to replace blurry faces in pictures with realisticcreated faces.

Of course I wanted to see how it would work on regens.

The result:

* it does a perfect job for white regens (reminder: all those faces are fake)

r/footballmanagergames - Realistic Regen picture created with the Pulse AI Algorithm

au6JTer.jpg

* the result is race-biased for blacks and asians.

I think the bias can be easily solved by training the algorithm on 3 different subsets (White,Black,Asian, or even more) and by choosing the right subset when generating a new face.

Wouldn't that be awesome for a future Football Manager?

At least implement some kind of ID division so we can generate them and implement the pictures as custom mods!

For example, if Regen ID is 284789231, the first three numbers determines the skin and race, the second two numbers the color hair and the other two the length. The remaining numbers are the individual IDs. This will help all the Regen packs out there and shouldn't be that difficult to implement!

On 03/07/2020 at 05:08, Nahuelzn said:

At least implement some kind of ID division so we can generate them and implement the pictures as custom mods!

For example, if Regen ID is 284789231, the first three numbers determines the skin and race, the second two numbers the color hair and the other two the length. The remaining numbers are the individual IDs. This will help all the Regen packs out there and shouldn't be that difficult to implement!

This definitely needs implementing. Some way of working out what ethnicity a player is. 

Also some way for the game to automatically assign face when newgens are created.