SUGGESTION: More Euphoria around Managers

seabas3

Playing FM, I don’t feel there is enough “hype” or “euphoria” around managers as in real life. In FM theres a great deal of articles reviews and social media posts for players but nowhere near for managers as there should be.

Even if you are extremely successful at a favorite club and in big wages - that never ever stops the media and fans from spreading rumours or posting articles of “what could be” and “tactically they’d do this”. You also see plenty of fans wanting other managers at their clubs even when they are doing relatively well. Especially if a manager is misrepresented in a statement or lets something slip.

I also feel as a manager you do not get asked about your position nearly enough as you should do and what your future plans are. Or being offered or having agents or directors of other clubs sniffing around you for their future plans. This should be implemented into FM especially with the Club Vision now in the game. You can receive private articles, posts or emails from other directors (which does happen in real life) about subtle interests or “would you like to join after your contract is up” sort of vibes. Then it can be a crazy storm if it becomes public knowledge - you getting a new contract at a club or destroying team morale and making your life miserable. Again this happens literally all the time, especially behinds the scenes. 

I really feel that in FM theres lots to answer for about tactics and players but little about yourself and the interest in you. There definitely should be more hype, especially when your hired - theres definitely not enough even then within FM.

Basically I agree and theoretically I would like to see more euphoria around managers as you describe it. However, I have often wondered if such media events could become very annoying at some point. There would have to be a wide range and variation of messages. Otherwise everything would quickly repeat itself. Transfer rumors are an example, which cause immersion, but with time they get on my nerves personally. So it would be a great challenge to find the right balance.

• 2 weeks later...