125,000 !

Is this the most the game will recommend? After getting new laptop with much higher specs and storage the recommended player count is still 125,000.

I load all leagues on large database and all playable, then I fiddle about between playable and view only to get the player count close to this number. Yet once its loaded and ready to go its well over and runs on the old machine fine. I've not yet got past the selection of leagues yet on the new machine but was a bit put out that the limit hasn't  risen.

SI introduced a recommended limit some versions ago because users with poor machines were overloading them with huge databases and then coming on here and complaining.  Of course there will be new top-end machines that will cope with more than that, but it is difficult to make a staggered recommendation so the limit has been kept.

recommendations are subjective.  you set up your game how you like and see how it runs. it is more about your tolerance than anything else. can you wait 3 to 5 mins while fixtures process ? how patient are you? 

9 hours ago, FrazT said:

SI introduced a recommended limit some versions ago because users with poor machines were overloading them with huge databases and then coming on here and complaining.  Of course there will be new top-end machines that will cope with more than that, but it is difficult to make a staggered recommendation so the limit has been kept.

But cant the game recommend based on each players device it does with graphics.

The place you will notice the importance of the 125k people limit is in the Search screen.

Even though I have a fairly high-end gaming PC, my save generated around 320k people (I have less than 10 leagues loaded, but I do have a lot of inactive modded leagues) and Searching can take up to 10 seconds. Everything else runs perfectly, except for Search, due to the game going way over the recommended amount.