How to fix a bad / dottted-line partnership

As per title, my squad has been fairly settled for about a season now, and the amber & green lines are popping up between players who've played a fair few games together.

But my right inside forward and left wing back have the dreaded dotted line.  (same players on the left are green-lined!)

Is there actually a way to work on this, or is is permanent?

Team bonding sessions at least once per week, match practice twice per week, teamwork session once, and attacking movement + defensive shape at least once each. This focus on team cohesion building should continue until all your players are in the same social group, and cohesion is excellent. Also, stick them in the same mentoring group, which will result in any conflict in personality being reduced over time.

This happens more often when you have a bad string of losses, but it can also happen if a tactic isn't allowing a duo to function well. The players start blaming each other, and then bad blood gets going.

Edited by Prepper_Jack

I had that in my first couple seasons with my LWB rotation. 1 guy had a solid line to my LIF and one had a dotted line. And I also had it with two of my central mids that were in the rotation. The midfield one went away and eventually became solid. With the LWB/LIF one of them got sold - as you do not because of that - so didn't see it go away.

Like you I was concerned it'd be a bad thing, but in game viewing I didn't see any telltale signs things were off as such, there were no Olivier Bernard/Laurent Robert moments for instance:

2 hours ago, petertr said:

But my right inside forward and left wing back have the dreaded dotted line

It's only an issue if there is actually a problem in that area on the pitch.  If your team are performing well - in particular these two players you mention - then the colour of the lines (or even their existence) are completely irrelevant.

If however there is an issue on the pitch, you'll need to post your tactic to get some advice.

51 minutes ago, Prepper_Jack said:

This happens more often when you have a bad string of losses, but it can also happen if a tactic isn't allowing a duo to function well. The players start blaming each other, and then bad blood gets going.

Oh nice! Good to know. Learn new things about the game all the time.

19 hours ago, herne79 said:

It's only an issue if there is actually a problem in that area on the pitch.  If your team are performing well - in particular these two players you mention - then the colour of the lines (or even their existence) are completely irrelevant.

If however there is an issue on the pitch, you'll need to post your tactic to get some advice.

The message says they play poorly together though.

I've got no issue with my tactic tbh.  My 1st choice RB and RW have a green line and work fine together.

1 minute ago, petertr said:

The message says they play poorly together though.

I've got no issue with my tactic tbh.  My 1st choice RB and RW have a green line and work fine together.

But are they doing what you want them to do and is your tactic working?

If they are playing well and doing what you want them to do then ignore the message you are getting.

2 minutes ago, Hilly1979 said:

But are they doing what you want them to do and is your tactic working?

If they are playing well and doing what you want them to do then ignore the message you are getting.

Yeah, they're doing well.  7.0 and 6.8 for my 2nd choice pairing.   Thanks!

Just now, petertr said:

Yeah, they're doing well.  7.0 and 6.8 for my 2nd choice pairing.   Thanks!

Keep doing what your doing then mate, it’s impossible for the game to know what we want to achieve tactical wise so sometimes something that doesn’t seem logical to the game works perfectly well for us and and works how we want it to.

a lot of the advice the game gives us is just a guide and a not select this option and you will win kind of thing.

On 18/06/2020 at 13:24, yolixeya said:

I had some bad partnerships and it sorts itself out over time. Some players just need longer time to settle and find connection.

Exactly what I came on to post - its gone from dotted to solid line in the last few games