This player is for me one of the most intriguing players in FM20, he is so completely all round good at everything,  He literally does not have stat lower than 12, to me he seems like he would be able to do roles from like a deep lying playmaker, through to a deep lying forward and would even make a good attacking full back or wing back. Hell I think for a mid table top division club he'd probably make a decent ball playing centre-back. 

Sadly he is a player I have never managed to sign so far, either being far to expensive for most clubs I start with at £65 million for his release clause, and then by the time I can afford him he is either a bit too old or for the price I can often get someone probably a level above so I don't go for it.

For people that have used him, have they re-trained him to other positions and roles? Does he get much better than his starting level? He looks quite close to his PA. 

I've had him on my shortlist for 3 seasons. His release clause is currently 155 million and even when he requested a transfer, he was listed for 130 million! He looks a super player who I would love to have, but he's always been out of my price range. I agree he's intriguing, as he's one of those players who seems impossible to sign. Golovan is another player I would love who has a ridiculous release clause. 

I had him for 3 years in my Newcastle save and made him captain for 2 of those. I played him as one of two Attacking Midfielders behind the striker and he was brilliant. Sold him only because I had better players come through and I changed tactics which no longer needed two AMC players.

He left a club legend, highly recommend him.

On 12/06/2020 at 11:28, oze07 said:

ive just started a real Sociedad save, and am wondering what his best position is?

Well that is the question.

I've previously looked at him before as either an option for Deep Lying forward as good ones of those are hard to find, Segundo Volante, as again hard to find generally and in my current save, if I can possibly get him I am thinking about re-training him to be a very attacking left back or left wing back in a complete wing back. 

Some sort of playmaker seems to be just about what hits his best attributes, but when everything is pretty much 14-16 I am not sure you can really say 'best', probably the best position for him is the one that best suits what formation and style you want to play.

I mean Sociedad also have Merino who is another excellent all round midfielder, Illarramendi who is a very good DLP, and have Odegaard on loan who is a very good Advanced playmaker.

The AI seems to play him up front a lot. 

On 11/06/2020 at 18:50, Blue 4 Life said:

I've had him on my shortlist for 3 seasons. His release clause is currently 155 million and even when he requested a transfer, he was listed for 130 million! He looks a super player who I would love to have, but he's always been out of my price range. I agree he's intriguing, as he's one of those players who seems impossible to sign. Golovan is another player I would love who has a ridiculous release clause. 

Same, I think the cheapest you can get him for is his £65 million release clause, if he gets listed they list him at that and if he gets a new contract he becomes absurd, and usually by that point in my saves when he's like 26-27 he;s not good enough to be spending close to £100 million on.