How do I even start a new game?

I just downloaded the FM 2020 demo on PC, and made my manager.  Now it's taken me to the main menu, and there's not even an option to start a new game.  There's just 2 quick start buttons for England or Germany.  I don't wanna play either of those leagues though.  Did I do something wrong?  Also, if I click the "What's new in FM20" button, I get an option saying "Start new game" but when I click it it doesn't even do anything.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

This thread probably belongs in the general discussion forum, but anyway.

The demo basically allows you to play 6 months in a single country. I guess by default it is England and Germany (I think you may be able to download other countries from steam, but I could be wrong on that). I do not think you get to select the size of the database or anything.

To start a new game, click either England or Germany on the main screen, and follow the instructions. 

29 minutes ago, Vanchatron said:

There's just 2 quick start buttons for England or Germany.  I don't wanna play either of those leagues though.

Without wanting to sound too obvious, buy the full game if you want the choice of league to manage in. The demo is what it is - a demo of the game. You get six months game time with a choice of a couple of countries. It's there to help you see how the game plays and how the mechanics work so you can decide whether it's worthwhile shelling out for the full thing (it is btw, massively). 

Well that sucks.  Doesn't say anything about that on the Demo page.  Here's what it says...

Get your foot on the management ladder with the fully-playable, free demo. You’ll get six in-game months to find your feet in football management, which is approximately 5-10 hours game play. Progress made in the demo can be carried forward.

Nevermind, thanks.  The thing is, I've just quit FIFA Ultimate Team and uninstalled the game, as the amount of ridiculous stuff going on in game just wasn't worth the hassle.  Unfortunately I'm now regretting it, as I need my football fix (especially with this Virus stuff going on).  I can't go back to the gym as I deleted my team, and would have to start from scratch, which at this point in the game isn't an option due to the high rated teams I'd have to face.  I figured FM would be a decent alternative.  Is it as addictive as it always was?  That's not a bad thing for me personally.  I just need something to hold my attention for 3-4 months until the new FIFA is out really.

Edited by Vanchatron

12 minutes ago, Vanchatron said:

I figured FM would be a decent alternative.  Is it as addictive as it always was? 

Perhaps...

image.thumb.png.276592207a25e39080cb3fa10cf0f3c7.png

1 hour ago, EdL said:

If you go to the workshop page for th FM20 demo you can download other countries quick starts there

I tried that and there was just an option to 'Subscribe'.  I couldn't see any download button :/

9 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

That's how you download items.

I just click Subscribe and then restart the game?  Also, do I only need to download the league I want to start the game as, or do I need to download every single league in order to get them in the game?  I'll be buying the game when my trial runs out, but I don't get paid for another week and I'm short on cash right now so I have to wait.

• SI Staff

Just the leagues you need (the demo you can only run a single league - you can add leagues from the end of the season if you want to carry on that save in the full game), press subscribe and it will sync it should get an indication in stream when it is downloaded, then start the game

7 hours ago, XaW said:

Perhaps...

image.thumb.png.276592207a25e39080cb3fa10cf0f3c7.png

Amateur :lol:

image.thumb.png.728039f726fb7aff2555bb044fcf2fea.png

image.thumb.png.f207e928b56153b9608fc58d2b39793a.png

Plus several hours on the Stadia version, the mobile version, and also the tablet version of FMC (fmt)

All with a full time job, wife and daughter. At least I think I have a wife and daughter, just don't ask me their names....

Yeh never got the point of the demo. Ok let it play for 6 months - but you should be able to set it up and load more leagues, as many as you would normally.

Often get people asking can their computer handle FM and the usual response is "try the demo" - but that doesn't cut it, running 1 league on a crap computer will run fine. 

Anyway. Still enjoying FM12.

image.thumb.png.7898862116c8dddb3cc54be6d3d5570f.png

2 hours ago, Smurf said:

Yeh never got the point of the demo. Ok let it play for 6 months - but you should be able to set it up and load more leagues, as many as you would normally.

Often get people asking can their computer handle FM and the usual response is "try the demo" - but that doesn't cut it, running 1 league on a crap computer will run fine. 

Anyway. Still enjoying FM12.

image.thumb.png.7898862116c8dddb3cc54be6d3d5570f.png

Yeah I kind of agree- it also really limits exploring things like scouting as the database is very limited so I don't feel like the demo ever feels like how I'd play the full game.

I'd say it's probably decent value for money. I mean, only 3,400 hours so far, but then it's still June. I doubt it'll pass 2019 in time played, but it will definitely end up taking second place.

addict.PNG