Football Manager 2020 January & February Transfer Updates Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, WelshMourinho said:

You walked the league and had a high level of success with a tactic you created with the intention of it making no sense. That, to me, shows this ME is flawed.

Well, this in my opinion has always been the case in FM. You can easily also see this by just opening YouTube and check with what kind of tactics some streamers have successfully played the previous versions of the game. 

1 hour ago, Cadoni said:

1. You don't need a custom skin to see AI player roles.

2. SI is aware of set pieces issues, funny you said the opposite. Well, maybe you know more from developers.

Are they really showing the AI player roles in the default skins nowadays? If so, that doesn't make any sense and SI most definitely should remove that kind of a feature. 

Not to mention some other easy 'cheats' such as always telling the whole team "I have faith in you" before every game which always gets a positive reaction or "demand more" shouts in the first minute of the game always resulting in a body language boost. 

1 hour ago, Cadoni said:

1. You don't need a custom skin to see AI player roles.

Where can I see this with the default (dark) skin, other than seeing just the D/S/A mentality based on the position of the player icon in the tactics screen?

Edited by goranm

Data Analysts is nice addition, FM19 was useless. Now make sense to have that BG Staff.

You can see it even during the match what roles he use.

53 minutes ago, Broken_Record said:

Not to mention some other easy 'cheats' such as always telling the whole team "I have faith in you" before every game which always gets a positive reaction or "demand more" shouts in the first minute of the game always resulting in a body language boost. 

Yes, more variance is needed for these. If they work all of the time then it simply becomes a routine chore. There isn't any fun in it. Furthermore, you have some shouts that never have any positive effect, which is just as ridiculous.

21 minutes ago, goranm said:

Never noticed that, thanks!

They will see player roles, but no PI or TI from AI. Makes sense to not see this.

1 hour ago, goranm said:

Where can I see this with the default (dark) skin, other than seeing just the D/S/A mentality based on the position of the player icon in the tactics screen?

Even that is too much in my opinion. You should be able to guess, observe and scout but never get concrete information about how the AI plays or which kind role and duty selection they are using.

Edited by Broken_Record

8 minutes ago, Broken_Record said:

Even that is too much in my opinion. You should not be receiving any information about these from the AI, otherwise than the scouting reports.

Yeah, deducing that from the tactics/pre-match screen should not be possible. From the analysis screen - yes, but only if the scout/analyst has sufficiently high attributes. I wonder if analysts with low JTD or Tact. Know. will actually wrongfully report the role played by an opposition player, or if it will only be less detailed.

Edited by goranm

13 minutes ago, Broken_Record said:

Even that is too much in my opinion. You should be able to guess, observe and scout but never get concrete information about how the AI plays or which kind role and duty selection they are using.

When we did a little experiment in reading matches here on the forum, it was myself, Cleon and RTHerringbone and we actually got close with roles and duties... some, like Cleon, even noticed D-Line positioning. If we can do it, I'd assume real life staff can too, while doing it quicker as well. I don't think the staff get these wrong though, whereas we weren't 100% accurate. Maybe there's room for errors in the future.

But remember, while we're (normally) watching highlights, everyone else in-match is watching the full 90 mins, so it should be possible for staff to have an idea of how the opposition is playing, once they see them on the pitch.

If you have suggestions though, always worth popping it into the sub forum for it.

45 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

When we did a little experiment in reading matches here on the forum, it was myself, Cleon and RTHerringbone and we actually got close with roles and duties... some, like Cleon, even noticed D-Line positioning. If we can do it, I'd assume real life staff can too, while doing it quicker as well. I don't think the staff get these wrong though, whereas we weren't 100% accurate. Maybe there's room for errors in the future.

But remember, while we're (normally) watching highlights, everyone else in-match is watching the full 90 mins, so it should be possible for staff to have an idea of how the opposition is playing, once they see them on the pitch.

If you have suggestions though, always worth popping it into the sub forum for it.

This is what I meant: observing and guessing but never being able to have fully reliable concrete information about roles and duties that the AI is using. Those should always be hidden. There could be for example an assumption from the staff about the roles and duties in scout reports or maybe even, instead of showing roles and duties in these, just written information. But anyway, any concrete information that you should get from the opposition is the formation. Roles and duties should never be shown as fully valid basic information. 

And having high quality staff members being able to get 100% accurate information about the opposition roles and duties is again a bit dangerous as totally overhauling the staff and bringing in highly competent staff members is basically thing that we all do in the beginning of our saves and that is also a really easy thing to execute. This can again easily lead into situations where just bringing in one highly competent scout / data analyst makes it way too easy to know everything about the opponents. 

Edited by Broken_Record

The analysis screen seems to be a complete 50/50 on whether it actually works or not. I made 470 passes in one of my recent fixtures, and yet the analysis claimed that throughout the 90 minutes we only made 90 passes. No individual player was selected, all areas of the pitch, all directions were selected. 

Does anyone know how to get it working 100% of the time? Makes it a ballache to use when it never actually presents the correct data.

Not sure where to post this but...

I wonder what SI are going to do with Brexit for FM21? I was a little disappointed it wasn't more clear in this last Jan-Feb patch as by then the UK had already exited the EU and if SI are going to apply transfer updates they could have updated this key aspect of data. 

Imo given everything I've read, the only options that remain should be: 

1) UK out of the EU, rules stay the same in the case the UK stays in the EEA. Quite possible the UK will hard Brexit but rejoin EEA at a later point.

In every other scenario, U18 players from abroad are not allowed to be signed as per the law (and this is looking quite likely imo). The other options, with this in place are:

2) WP rules based on International caps and salary. Clubs are limited to signing up to 3 players with no need to apply for a WP.

3) The FA's ideal: HG rules are extended and only 12 non HG players are allowed. 

4) The Premier Leagues ideal (Unlikely to happen) : No restrictions

5) Somewhere in between of 3) and 4).

I don't think a hard 17 player foreigner limit has ever been discussed and it is very lax to begin with.

On top of this, I feel SI should have allowed players to pick the Brexit they want, since managing LLM and having the hardest Brexit kinda screws your save. It is a massive change in the game mechanic. 

Just some thoughts...

One thing I'd really like to see take a step forward next season- goalkeepers.

Firstly their ratings- as many others have pointed out your keeper can play an absolute blinder and top out at 7.2, whereas your central defender can score a header from a corner in a 4-1 loss and still get 8.0+. Needs addressing

Secondly their animations- this has improved somewhat but still needs quite a bit of work. In the 3d engine I often see goals that to me look like glaring keeper errors- shots from long range that seem to go straight through them, free kicks in the middle of the goal, taking up weird positions that basically give the striker three quarters of the goal to aim at uncovered but the commentary and stats suggest the game doesn't think these are the keepers fault, which suggests to me the animations aren't showing us what the game wants them to. At the same time I've had goals assigned to keeper error ('he came for it and didn't get there!') when the animation seems to show the keeper coming out to narrow the angle for a 1 on 1. 

Not to mention the weird graphics where the keeper seems to get across the goal for an easy save but the ball goes in as they seem to get jammed against the post.

2 hours ago, Costanino Hummels said:

Has there already been talk about the large number of stupid offsides that ME creates?

In FM19 they used the corners to break the attacks, now they use the god damn offsides. I implemented that stupid long throw procedure just to escape from the "offside hell"

9 hours ago, Costanino Hummels said:

Has there already been talk about the large number of stupid offsides that ME creates?

Well to be fair the high amount of offsides has been present in the game since FM 15 or 16. Many of the repeating scenarios that lead into offsides are also exactly the same. 

A bit annoying, especially with comprehensive highlights, but also something that I have become used with. 

20 hours ago, Costanino Hummels said:

It's one of the predominant reasons I gave up playing the game back in February. Beyond tedious on Comprehensive highlights, that and the frequency of far post headers killed any enjoyment of the ME for me. 

If it's not easy to balance just an option to exclude from highlights would be enough for me. I don't need to see my CF mistime a run 12 instances a game, it doesn't give me any constructive feedback. You can argue playing direct and in behind the defence exacerbates this, but no manager has ever adapted a gameplan because his striker was constantly caught offside. 

On the Brexit options post, agree it would be useful as a set-up option to be able to either opt out, opt in with preferred outcome, or leave as a randomised decision. Then FM 2022 can just replicate whatever that outcome is in reality. (if we even have clarity by then)

Edited by dannyfc

15 hours ago, Broken_Record said:

Well to be fair the high amount of offsides has been present in the game since FM 15 or 16. Many of the repeating scenarios that lead into offsides are also exactly the same. 

A bit annoying, especially with comprehensive highlights, but also something that I have become used with. 

Big pet peeve of mine. Actually even before you tackle ME issues, the game could be made even more immersive by changing what's shown in highlights. Less pointless offsides ( by that I mean ones that don't have any credible chance involved) any free kick highlights shown should start with the foul play that leads up to them, giving the user more information about what's going on (are your side giving away to many cheap tackle fouls, is it a specific player who is shredding you etc)

1 hour ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Big pet peeve of mine. Actually even before you tackle ME issues, the game could be made even more immersive by changing what's shown in highlights. Less pointless offsides ( by that I mean ones that don't have any credible chance involved) any free kick highlights shown should start with the foul play that leads up to them, giving the user more information about what's going on (are your side giving away to many cheap tackle fouls, is it a specific player who is shredding you etc)

I'd also add less highlights of your players blasting the ball into the shins of someone a yard away from them 25 yards out.

41 minuti fa, KingCanary ha scritto:

I'd also add less highlights of your players blasting the ball into the shins of someone a yard away from them 25 yards out.

you'd be left only with long shots then, so not feasable.

:D sorry, had to do it :D 

En 21/7/2020 a las 21:28, Broken_Record dijo:

My main issue are the multiple offsides by wingbacks/fullbacks per game, something you don't usually see in real life where most of the offsides are obviously from attacking players.

It's a shame that playing an actual match isn't nearly as enjoyable as the rest of the experience. I have a great time with the game until I have to play a match.

1 on 1 finishing is non-existent. Players either shoot it at the GK or just slot it next to the goal. Inside Forwards/Wingers can't pass their man, no matter how good their dribbling skills are or how bang average their man is. Makes them all look like prime Maldini. Your own good Goalkeeper can't even save a simple shot while the bang average GK on the opposite jumps towards the top corner to catch an absolute screamer from the top corner as if it is some sort of fictional football show. No through balls given so creative midfielders like De Bruyne or Havertz are useless and then you see the opposing team's striker with vision and passing below 10 give an absolute splitting through ball to slot his strike partner on on goal who proceeds to slot it home. Midfielders in general break attacking flow by either turning back and giving it to the defense or holding the ball up for too long or just pass it across each other over 2 meters despite the entire flank being open.

Then there is the wing backs who absolutely, and I mean, absolutely refuse to cross no matter what the instructions are. And when they cross, well, good luck finishing cause outside of set pieces and absolute screamers, it's pretty much non-existent. Pressing is all over the place and no matter what team you play again, they all play with a wall at the back, having almost the entire team back at all times.

It's a shame to see that with everything else essentially being a really enjoyable experience, the match engine is still absolutely diabolical. I'm afraid I won't get the next edition immediately after it releases like I've always done. Shame, cause the outside of match experience is good and even some changes made to the match engine (Interceptions, full backs actually doing good stand tackles) but it is heavily outweighted by the rest of the match engine that strips the fun aspect that FM always had.

Il 18/7/2020 in 18:01 , gonefading ha scritto:

The funny thing is that these people, who put so much heart and soul into tactics theory, actually know that their expertise and know-how is rendered meaningless by the engine, but still continue to offer assistance — under the illusion that their knowledge might lead other users to the desired engine experience by a happy coincidence; that the intended implementation of the tactical idea will somehow become real in the circumstances.

I respect and envy these people, the way they water their plastic plants. This is reverie and at the same time pure desperation.

I must say, this post is so well written that I would give more than 1 feedback points if I only could.

5 hours ago, RVP32 said:

It's a shame that playing an actual match isn't nearly as enjoyable as the rest of the experience. I have a great time with the game until I have to play a match.

1 on 1 finishing is non-existent. Players either shoot it at the GK or just slot it next to the goal. Inside Forwards/Wingers can't pass their man, no matter how good their dribbling skills are or how bang average their man is. Makes them all look like prime Maldini. Your own good Goalkeeper can't even save a simple shot while the bang average GK on the opposite jumps towards the top corner to catch an absolute screamer from the top corner as if it is some sort of fictional football show. No through balls given so creative midfielders like De Bruyne or Havertz are useless and then you see the opposing team's striker with vision and passing below 10 give an absolute splitting through ball to slot his strike partner on on goal who proceeds to slot it home. Midfielders in general break attacking flow by either turning back and giving it to the defense or holding the ball up for too long or just pass it across each other over 2 meters despite the entire flank being open.

Then there is the wing backs who absolutely, and I mean, absolutely refuse to cross no matter what the instructions are. And when they cross, well, good luck finishing cause outside of set pieces and absolute screamers, it's pretty much non-existent. Pressing is all over the place and no matter what team you play again, they all play with a wall at the back, having almost the entire team back at all times.

It's a shame to see that with everything else essentially being a really enjoyable experience, the match engine is still absolutely diabolical. I'm afraid I won't get the next edition immediately after it releases like I've always done. Shame, cause the outside of match experience is good and even some changes made to the match engine (Interceptions, full backs actually doing good stand tackles) but it is heavily outweighted by the rest of the match engine that strips the fun aspect that FM always had.

Imagine playing it on the iPad. FMT really is all about the match, which looks and plays worse than it did a few years ago.! That’s poor form.

FM is in a league of its own and the lack of competition is telling now. I’m getting complacency and hubris where there should be customer service and an understanding that we’re only trying to make the match better. I wish SI were less defensive (like the opposition in the ME).

Attention will be turning to 21 soon. An announcement that considerable improvements to the ME are included will be very welcome. 

i wish a competitor came up with a rival to FM. Can’t see that happening tbh. They need a wake up call cos I don’t feel our comments are being treated properly.

On 22/07/2020 at 14:22, KingCanary said:

Aye, its annoying, because actually when i'm analysing some of my play, some of the best stuff isn't actually what's picked out for highlights, which is quite frustrating at times, though doesn't happen too often

1 hour ago, GoldenGoal said:

I've been playing since FM2005 (but skipped 17, 18 and 19) and this ME is the worst of all I've played.

I am 1st place in the premier league with 18 goals scored and 1 conceded and I'm close to uninstalling the game. The strikers and their finishing are so atrocious that I can play on full attack without any worry of counter attacks because the AI strikers can never score.

The strikers just stand around doing nothing, they don't even try to move around to find space and if they do find themselves with a chance they will only score by accident. My fullbacks and midfielders are much better finishers and frequently score long range shots regardless of their attributes. Winning in this ridiculous fashion takes all the fun out of the game.

I'm probably gonna go for a strikerless tactic next because this is unbearable; having nobody upfront will likely yield the same result so I might as well have more midfielders to have 10 outfield players.

It's too bad this isn't even close to being the only issue in the ME.

• Headers constantly go over the bar.
  • Players head the ball forward for no reason all the time, even if there's no teammate in front of them.
  • Wide players wait for opponent to get close before crossing the ball regardless of using Cross More Often or other instructions, producing millions of corners.
  • Players trying to long shot in strange positions when an opponent is right in front of them, blocking the shot.
  • Wide players suddendly becoming the flash and running the entire pitch.
  • Ridiculous offsides; players pass to players in obvious offside positions. It's like they don't know the offside rule.
  • Wide players constantly go for Float Crosses despite instructions for low crosses or whipped crosses.
  • Players constantly using the weak foot even when they are in a better position to use the strong foot. Two-feeted players not using the best foot for the shot.
  • Penalties being missed all the time. Even had a shootout where 4 penalties were missed on a row and then 3 missed on a row on the same shootout.
  • Set piece FK goals by the AI are out of control unless you modify the initial instructions (default instructions should be at least decent).
  • Defenders constantly clearing the ball out for corner.
  • AI constantly plays defensive, happy to sit all 10 men on their box even when they're losing by one or two goals. This makes it easy to just keep them on their box and destroy them with the OP long shots.
  • Players booting the ball forward, clearing it or back to the GK with several passing options available to him.
  • VAR never allows an offside goal or disallows a penalty, only the opposite.

It's just a big, sad mess.

Here's the cherry on top, great player AI.

Saint-Étienne vs Monaco_12 minutes_0.ogv 8.97 MB · 0 downloads

And the rest. Repeat passing from central midfield out to the wings 100 times per match. The same pass whether the CM is maradona or Carlton Palmer.

hardly any creativity in the match. It’s so boring. 
one twos are generally two static players playing the ball back and forth to each other without running. The whole concept of the one two is pass and run.

all players doing exactly the same thing with their attributes having no impact.

and the one that drives me crazy. The cross from one edge of the box to a free forward who tries to head it in from 20 yards. No one crosses to someone’s head from the edge of one side of the box to the other side IRL. Play to feet, chest, space....not their head!!

i hate saying it. I’m as repetitive as the ME. but it’s just really bad. 

2 hours ago, GoldenGoal said:

I am 1st place in the premier league with 18 goals scored and 1 conceded and I'm close to uninstalling the game. The strikers and their finishing are so atrocious that I can play on full attack without any worry of counter attacks because the AI strikers can never score.

And then there are threads competely opposite to this statement where people claim that AI conversion rates are way better then human.

Haven't done this since release. Basically, I put up a lone FB as the last line of defense, and instructed all the other guys to man-mark the opposition centre back.

https://i.imgur.com/HNczviw.png

But interestingly, whereas at initial release the conversion was a cut above 50/50ish, it's 1-10 against the Under 19s 16 minutes in, and except for the odd shot wide and keeper save, almost every shot goes in. Crazy stuff. Admittedly it's against a greyed out keeper, as both Bürki and Hitz are on international duty. Will still be interesting what the final scoreline is gonna be.

Edited by Svenc

1 hour ago, MBarbaric said:

so? four hours passed, what is this delay and what was the result :D 

Oops sorry. Things eventually slowed down a wee bit. But the final result still had almost crashed my PC. :D 

HdW9Z3O.png

Edited by Svenc

31 minutes ago, Svenc said:

Oops sorry. Things eventually slowed down a wee bit. But the final result still had almost crashed my PC. :D 

HdW9Z3O.png

Very interesting and expected. Especially since Forwards this game just act like primary schoolers playing football and just want to kick the ball just to kick it, shooting it straight onto defenders.

Which is an issue since each team you face plays with 10 men back, of which 8 just stand in the penalty area.

But it's always your tactics that's the problem!

Edited by RVP32

7 hours ago, steam just is said:

Set piece FK goals by the AI are out of control unless you modify the initial instructions (default instructions should be at least decent).

The biggest problem here is that my set piece instructions keep getting reset, even though I'm using the same 4-1-2-3 shape in every game.

31 minutes ago, RVP32 said:

Very interesting and expected. Especially since Forwards this game just act like primary schoolers playing football and just want to kick the ball just to kick it, shooting it straight onto defenders.

Which is an issue since each team you face plays with 10 men back, of which 8 just stand in the penalty area.

The worst thing about the men behind the ball thing is teams dont even come out when they concede. Guessing its a reputation thing as didnt have this when starting my Spurs save, but its just tedious once you become successful as most goals are far post goals, with it being nigh on impossible to get through the middle due to the ME having such a limited number of attacking moves players can do.

10 hours ago, GoldenGoal said:

I've been playing since FM2005 (but skipped 17, 18 and 19) and this ME is the worst of all I've played.

The strikers just stand around doing nothing, they don't even try to move around to find space and if they do find themselves with a chance they will only score by accident. My fullbacks and midfielders are much better finishers and frequently score long range shots regardless of their attributes. Winning in this ridiculous fashion takes all the fun out of the game.

I'm probably gonna go for a strikerless tactic next because this is unbearable; having nobody upfront will likely yield the same result so I might as well have more midfielders to have 10 outfield players.

It's too bad this isn't even close to being the only issue in the ME.

• Headers constantly go over the bar.
  • Players head the ball forward for no reason all the time, even if there's no teammate in front of them.
  • Wide players wait for opponent to get close before crossing the ball regardless of using Cross More Often or other instructions, producing millions of corners.
  • Players trying to long shot in strange positions when an opponent is right in front of them, blocking the shot.
  • Wide players suddendly becoming the flash and running the entire pitch.
  • Ridiculous offsides; players pass to players in obvious offside positions. It's like they don't know the offside rule.
  • Wide players constantly go for Float Crosses despite instructions for low crosses or whipped crosses.
  • Players constantly using the weak foot even when they are in a better position to use the strong foot. Two-feeted players not using the best foot for the shot.
  • Penalties being missed all the time. Even had a shootout where 4 penalties were missed on a row and then 3 missed on a row on the same shootout.
  • Set piece FK goals by the AI are out of control unless you modify the initial instructions (default instructions should be at least decent).
  • Defenders constantly clearing the ball out for corner.
  • AI constantly plays defensive, happy to sit all 10 men on their box even when they're losing by one or two goals. This makes it easy to just keep them on their box and destroy them with the OP long shots.
  • Players booting the ball forward, clearing it or back to the GK with several passing options available to him.
  • VAR never allows an offside goal or disallows a penalty, only the opposite.

It's just a big, sad mess.

Here's the cherry on top, great player AI.

Agree- I came back to FM after a couple of years out thinking the ME had to be amazing as it was pretty decent in 2018. Just staggered the mess it is now. The demo I played before I bought it was better than the final patch. Its not the first time SI have done this and just left the game. 

Certainly wont be bothering with FM 21.

10 hours ago, RVP32 said:

Very interesting and expected.

In which sense? This certainly also exposes selfish decision making / finishing issues and lack of awareness in the final third, mind. Still a goal for every minute played basically in an average match minus stoppage time. Bear also in mind that a few of the shots were from set piece play, as there are still fouls and deflections made. However, the most fascinating is actually against the own U19s, in particular if you employ the tactics early enough (prior to kick-off). 

The U19s manager would then copy the formation, but -- this is crucial -- not the man marking instructions. So you have a lot action on either end. However, the own U19s still get some men back in time behind the ball 

iLj2l8j.png

whereas your guys would glue to the guy they're supposed to mark and gift the U19s more free routes on goal.

wyi07Ry.png

This can make for interesting (lop-sided) stats... your own side is still under pressure somewhat, the U19s not, so their conversion goes through the roof, whilst your own may plummet for a while... The scoreline got closer again later on, however the U19s conversion reigned much supreme, ditto their shots to shot on target ratio, which was almost 100% for most of the match -- admittedly I had also nuked the senior team's defending set piece routines somewhat, which helped. :D 

Re3a2na.png

Edited by Svenc

11 hours ago, RVP32 said:

Explain how my counter attacking tactics work then.

I see there are enough reports of this in the bugs forum and it has been logged so I'll just post this here; it isn't just the ME that has faults, it's all the little things like this too...

20200728122311_1.thumb.jpg.97f68c65619afefff4f416acf5633d93.jpg How can I possibly have a rating of 22 out of 20 for level of discipline??!

Also, does the game really need to tell me I prefer to...

1. sign younger players for the 1st team
  2. sign much younger players for the 1st team
  3. sign very young players for the 1st team

And then it repeats all three 'facts' but for the future instead of the 1st team. That in itself is idiotic as nobody signs old players for the future 🙄

As if that wasn't enough and it hasn't got its point across, my profile then goes on to say that I don't like to:

1. sign players approaching the 2nd half of their careers
  2. sign players who are arguably past their best
  3. sign players approaching the end of their careers

That's basically nine statements all saying the same thing. I get it, I prefer to sign younger players.

20200728122230_1.thumb.jpg.7cba606f2a8529765ccaa7fca4a4a013.jpg

32 minutes ago, Earnie is God! said:

And then it repeats all three 'facts' but for the future instead of the 1st team. That in itself is idiotic as nobody signs old players for the future 🙄

I agree on the first part, but the second makes some sense. Nobody signs old players for the future but the point here is that you can sign young player for the first team or for the future. So if would have just:

1. Sign young players for the 1st team

2. Sign young players for the future

I think that would be OK.

1 hour ago, Earnie is God! said:

As if that wasn't enough and it hasn't got its point across, my profile then goes on to say that I don't like to:

1. sign players approaching the 2nd half of their careers
  2. sign players who are arguably past their best
  3. sign players approaching the end of their careers

lmao I remember I saw a pic of this page on twitter and I genuinely thought it was a meme someone had made to highlight how much they love signing regens.

Except I now have the 9 statements in my own profile and I can't believe it's genuinely in the game like that :lol:

Edited by WelshMourinho

1 hour ago, yolixeya said:

I agree on the first part, but the second makes some sense. Nobody signs old players for the future but the point here is that you can sign young player for the first team or for the future. So if would have just:

1. Sign young players for the 1st team

2. Sign young players for the future

I think that would be OK.

Yeah that's fair enough. Two statements instead of nine covers the lot 👍

I've just had a conversation with Reyner, one of my players, trying to convince him to stay with us in the EPL instead of leaving for China. He's been in great form, 4 goals and 4 assists in his last 4 games.
20200729105340_1.thumb.jpg.ae89005f6db29133d46f6fdca5f3caa3.jpg20200729093917_1.thumb.jpg.0d2841144185ec5bd0dcef0e6a4195ba.jpg

There are a couple of things here that don't make sense:
20200729104610_1.thumb.jpg.eceb65e79e30da0a3885d665d73f1427.jpg First, that bottom line about not selling him to a team in the same division. Erm, the offer is from China :idiot:

Second, as detailed below, but briefly:

• Reyner: I want to win the league
  • Me: we can at least challenge for the title
  • Reyner: guarantee the title or I'm off
  • Me: fine, we'll win the league
  • Reyner: Tough, I'm leaving anyway [erm, what?!]
  • Me: stop being a tit and work with me here
  • Reyner: OK boss, no problem. Sell me when you can

I don't really know what I've even agreed to here. I thought I was telling him we'll win the league and that would make him stay but it seems I've agreed to sell him??

20200729104936_1.thumb.jpg.ed44980e4f2a1286dcd45eb2c4925c1f.jpg
20200729104954_1.thumb.jpg.9eb32b05cae25d356d49444efa368aff.jpg20200729104957_1.thumb.jpg.59e477d6d6eaaad49e64f1e2b52b95b8.jpg20200729105002_1.thumb.jpg.e7dae24e40b089307553b89d9f4e916a.jpg
20200729105007_1.thumb.jpg.a2aa738f939eab81a9396c2bfc5e7035.jpg

Turns out it's neither, only that we will challenge for the title this season [which is what I suggested to him in the first place but he didn't like that. Seems he does now?]
20200729112226_1.thumb.jpg.aa6ad4acd3d7d508e59b3ee42ba4d5f7.jpg

Edited by Earnie is God!

After more than two months of not playing, I thought, let's give it another try. I played one game and I'm already totally done. Same old problems. The game finished 2-2: one goal from a corner, one from an indirect free kick, one from a defensive mistake and one from nice attacking play (which I would like to see more often). This could be a game in real life, ofcourse it could, the problem is that every game is the same on FM. My striker missed three 1v1's, he missed a penalty (which seems to happen far too often), and where I scored two goals from 16 shots on target, my opponent didn't need more than three shots for two goals. Absolute joke of a game, it's just so boring and annoying. But yeah SI, keep telling yourself it's a good game. 

This is coming from someone who has spent over 600 hours on every game since FM15, with more than 1.000 on FM17 and FM19. Didn't even get to 200 this year.

Edited by hagedisboy

11 hours ago, hagedisboy said:

My striker missed three 1v1's, he missed a penalty (which seems to happen far too often), and where I scored two goals from 16 shots on target, my opponent didn't need more than three shots for two goals. 

Am I playing the game wrong for the whole time? I've been converting chances more efficient than the AI at one point.

Edited by zyfon5

Thought I'd fire up the game and give it another go, wish I hadn't. With no game saved I started a new career and arranged some pre season games starting off against lower league teams then building up to higher standard as you get near competitive games. 1st game I win 7-0 against Spartans, as expected I had loads of shots and huge possession, it's what I'm looking for to get my players used to the tactic. 2nd game against Drogheda and win 6-1, 2/3rds of the team play well others are average, 34 shots at goal with 19 on target, around 50% is not too bad. But I also had 4 headers hitting the crossbar, 2 shots hitting the post and a keeper from lower league Ireland playing like Alisson. Most goals come from inside forwards and attacking midfielders, plus a few from CH's via corners and free kicks, both central strikers are average ratings and zero goals. The Drogheda goal and their only shot on target was a header from my CH going to no one in midfield even when there was zero pressure on him and the Drogheda player scored from around 25yds?

No matter what system I play this is always the case, I can create my own tactic or down load one from Knapp, the results  and game play in the ME are the same, loads of possession and shots, 1 decent goal via a defence splitting pass, the rest either headers or shots from the edge of the box.

Yes winning is not a problem, enjoying watching the ME is a problem, it has too many large flaws for it to be a pleasure playing and these are only a few of the errors in this ME, I could mention another dozen or so ME problems but they're already well known on here.

Rant over.

15 hours ago, jc1 said:

Thought I'd fire up the game and give it another go, wish I hadn't. With no game saved I started a new career and arranged some pre season games starting off against lower league teams then building up to higher standard as you get near competitive games. 1st game I win 7-0 against Spartans, as expected I had loads of shots and huge possession, it's what I'm looking for to get my players used to the tactic. 2nd game against Drogheda and win 6-1, 2/3rds of the team play well others are average, 34 shots at goal with 19 on target, around 50% is not too bad. But I also had 4 headers hitting the crossbar, 2 shots hitting the post and a keeper from lower league Ireland playing like Alisson. Most goals come from inside forwards and attacking midfielders, plus a few from CH's via corners and free kicks, both central strikers are average ratings and zero goals. The Drogheda goal and their only shot on target was a header from my CH going to no one in midfield even when there was zero pressure on him and the Drogheda player scored from around 25yds?

No matter what system I play this is always the case, I can create my own tactic or down load one from Knapp, the results  and game play in the ME are the same, loads of possession and shots, 1 decent goal via a defence splitting pass, the rest either headers or shots from the edge of the box.

Yes winning is not a problem, enjoying watching the ME is a problem, it has too many large flaws for it to be a pleasure playing and these are only a few of the errors in this ME, I could mention another dozen or so ME problems but they're already well known on here.

Rant over.

I was considering playing one last save before FM21 comes out but i may just hold off.