Football Manager 2020 January & February Transfer Updates Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Gee_Simpson said:

Surely there will be a hotfix for the first window disabled not working? 

Hope so, issue has been raised in the bugs forum. 

Shame they've released an update to give more realism & yet this bug ruins it straightaway.

28 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

I've had 2 cases of broken legs and 1 cruciate ligament within 9 months on this patch. Seems a bit extreme. Maybe I am unlucky. 

There were no changes to the injuries module reported so I suspect that you were just unlucky

vor 17 Stunden schrieb ajw10:

It's really frustrating that preferences still aren't being saved. Having to make the text smaller every time I load this up is just time consuming and frustrating. This is going to be a problem if I actually play this game even semi regularly, which I've not managed to do yet throughout this game cycle

I have my preferences saved but after that it seems i am unable to change some items of them...

Regarding the Text Size i made mine bigger and it works...although i had to do it twice bcs when you set your preferences to list you "All" Options there are 2 places in the List where you need to set your Text Size and i noticed they contradicted each other (one saved at 125% as i wanted the other showed 85%) and i had to set both corectly and save again after which it worked.

Maybe this what happens to you?

Edited by Etebaer

18 minutes ago, Mr Tonio said:

And the endless succession of never scoring one on ones are back again...

How can they be back ? The ME wasn't touched was it ? They only made Improvements to player behaviour and instructions when defending set-pieces

Edited by prot651

37 minutes ago, prot651 said:

How can they be back ? The ME wasn't touched was it ? They only made Improvements to player behaviour and instructions when defending set-pieces

I don't know. But the ME was touched, small changes can have unplanned consequences?

This week is the first time I've played since the first week of release and it is so much better now!

My only gripe is my wingers still tend to get in good positions to cross before taking needless shots but this is only maybe a couple of times per match.

I've scored a few one-on-ones and, while more are missed than scored, I find the balance a lot better.

I find not reading threads like this and making my own mind up helps!

7 hours ago, FrazT said:

There were no changes to the injuries module reported so I suspect that you were just unlucky

Fair game. 

Just wanted to ask, the pre-game tunnel interviews were fixed so I can finally click on them, but sometimes they break again and I have to restart the game to get them to work, do you know any fixes for this?

I don't know if It Is an issue linked to new patch 'cause i cheked It only now, but in my save i'm in 2042 and there Is something weird with club reputation in France. 

Despite the France League isn't rise (the best are always english, spanish, german and italian league), the france clubs have all higher reputation with even the bottom team in L1 like Bordeaux or team without throphies like Valenciennes have continental or worldwide reputation. 

(While in other leagues the situation seems normal)

Anyone else see that?

2 minutes ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

I don't know if It Is an issue linked to new patch 'cause i cheked It only now, but in my save i'm in 2042 and there Is something weird with club reputation in France. 

Despite the France League isn't rise (the best are always english, spanish, german and italian league), the france clubs have all higher reputation with even the bottom team in L1 like Bordeaux or team without throphies like Valenciennes have continental or worldwide reputation. 

Anyone else see that?

The French league is getting better and if more clubs can afford to keep their talent, it's not a surprise. 

10 minutes ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

Anyone else see that?

Yeah I have noticed this. Whenever I get a new French feeder team they are in Ligue 2 and have continental rep. You can see Auxerre are still my feeder club after promotion for now and they along with the rest of Ligue 1 have worldwide reputation.

296226238_Screenshot2020-02-22at10_44_20.thumb.png.1bab85f7f5679f95bbc4f48208916a87.png

Here is England for comparison

1757764104_Screenshot2020-02-22at10_45_31.thumb.png.8e516c954a19cf50dbd1479db635d0b0.png

And just to confirm the respective league reps

911286018_Screenshot2020-02-22at10_46_24.thumb.png.2e1ea62f3886c9e36e4327b1d4149bad.png

Has been an issue for me since before the patch though.

Only played a couple of games so far (and scored no goals) but can't notice a massive difference.  

A couple of things I noticed - first game I played the opposition keeper was wearing tracksuit trousers which I don't remember ever seeing before; and this is Germany in August!  Also it seems that my laptop fan is going much more than I ever noticed before, I'm assuming it's the game as I'm only doing a bit of internet otherwise.

1 ora fa, Travis Bickle ha scritto:

The French league is getting better and if more clubs can afford to keep their talent, it's not a surprise. 

So it's normal for you that an oscure club from France, that its bigger throphies is a second place in second division has the same reputation of the last Champions League and Premier league winner?

1 ora fa, Travis Bickle ha scritto:

Would also be interested in knowing if this is just for existing saves, or if it affects new saves made post-patch as well. 

My was and existing save. 

I  raised it in the bug forum
(and I found that even in Bundesliga there is the same issue)

(I do intend on raising this in the bugs forum when I get the chance but...) Has anyone with a Chelsea save (or anyone with a club vision of “1 year contracts for players 30+) been unable to extend the contract of 30+ year olds... I can only offer Willian improved terms until 2020 without actually being able to extend? Surely this is not how it is intended to work.

1 hour ago, Razor940 said:

0a8c9dd4f5f14802af9c424c4c284e2a.png

IRL:

bdea47ef4bcdc3ce609e627ef084800b.png

The passing and possession percentages are mostly random in any save. However, real life offers a wider range in terms of possession (39 to 62). In the game those stats are rather compressed like in your example (48 to 56), guess the bottom teams have around 42 to 44 in your save. And in terms of passing accuracy (68 to 89). In your save file they range from 83 to 90 with the bottom teams most likely having about 75 to 80 per cent of passing accuracy.

Looking at my current save they range from 43 to 59 in terms of possession and from 69 to 78 (that's really awful …) in terms of passing percentages.

I suggest opening a specific thread for this issue in order to gather other user experiences and means of evidence. SI will need a bigger sample size.

I've already noticed this issue in FM 19, too.

Edited by FMSD0
typo

3 minutos atrás, gonefading disse:

The passing and possession percentages are mostly random in any save. However, real life offers a wider range in terms of possession (39 to 62). In the game those stats are rather compressed like in your example (48 to 56), guess the bottom teams have around 42 to 44 in your save. And in terms of passing accuracy (68 to 89). In your save file they range from 83 to 90 with the bottom teams most likely having about 75 to 80 per cent of possession.

Looking at my current save they range from 43 to 59 in terms of possession and from 69 to 78 (that's really awful …) in terms of passing percentages.

I suggest opening a specific thread for this issue in order to gather other user experiences and means of evidence. SI will need a bigger sample size.

I've already noticed this issue in FM 19, too.

Only two teams have lesser than 80% pass completion. And those two have 79 and 75. Its too much, everyone can pass the ball without problems, even if their players are not that good. And that maked pressing completely useless most of the time.

Agora, JordanMillward_1 disse:

I'd also note, regarding possession, that the IRL league uses a different calculation compared to FM. FM uses the actual time in possession, whilst the league uses the number of passes.

Yes, but important thing here is not the possession, but the pass completion.

I have said it before and will say it again.  I have raised on the bugs forum for a few years now and still not fixed.

I have a decent youngster, good enough for my first team aged just sixteen in the Vanarama National South.  My board accept a bid of £5,500 plus 40% sell on (laughably low, especially as we are not in debt or anything).  I protest and they cancel bid.  More bids come in.  £13,500 plus add ons, all accepted.  I then get the chance to negotiate a £40,000 plus add ons offer (but £13,500 is too good) and get them up to £100,000 plus a 50% sell on.  To cut a long story short, we have bids accepted over my head and others I can negotiate.  So in the end, we have about twenty bids ranging from, £13,500 plus add ons all the way up to £700,000 including add ons plus a sell on fee.  Ridiculous.  He eventually goes for £300,000 plus a 40 % sell on to Fulham.

Why do the board not go back and reject lower bids?

Why accept such blatantly low offers early on, when he is patently good enough to command a higher fee?

Please note, the feature of boards accepting bids is a good one and I like it, despite it being as annoying as heck, but it is realistic, so should remain.  But stop negotiating like a moron.

6 hours ago, esca said:

Disable first transfer window doesn't work, can someone from the developer confirm this and release a fix? 

Surely this has to be fixed asap? Not starting my save until it is, unfortunately. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

13 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Surely this has to be fixed asap? Not starting my save until it is, unfortunately. 

For me it even caused a problem for a save I started right before the patch came out. Everton signed Taraabt on loan... Mind you there was already a problem with this whereby once the English window closed and clubs got some money added to their transfer budget on September 1st, they could sign players (E.g. Dortmund signed Vignato from Chievo for ~250K).