Player potential.

I use the editor as a scout (Still cheating I know) but when you see the player star rating in each new save it changes quite a bit, for example Longstaff, Rondon, Chavlov, Bellingham and others can be 4/5 rated or 4.5/5 rated. I have seen others change from 3.5/5 to 4.5/5. Does anyone know the reason for this?

Cheers.

I believe a players potential is a random number between 2 values depending on what his potential is set as in the database so if the player is set as -1 in the database then his potential will be a random number between say 0 and 20 where as if his potential is set to -10 in the database then his potential will probably be a value between 170-200.

Edited by TheHurricane

• SI Staff

That's not quite how it works in FMM - but that is the gist of things generally.

However it's worth noting that FMM has a larger 'random' scope for young player potentials than FM does, so instead of being 'clipped' to a range of say 20-30 points it can be quite variant but is on a bell shaped curve so 'mostly' it'll be within a close region (similar to FM's) but not always ... that helps prevent people cheating by always buying the same youngsters.