Sebastiano Esposito

LPQR

I have been playing FM for the last 8 editions and never have I seen a player be so effective or score so much, just had to lay it out here. Signed from Inter for 40M in my Atalanta save, he broke the all-time club league goalscoring record (103) in two seasons and a half, and the rest is history:

2060553946_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.16823a339fb1b4c864b73f1efeb23a68.png421439655_Screenshot(9).thumb.png.535dd54551da62356fcafba112020655.png

I have never seen any player score 50 goals in 37 league matches. I played him as an IF (A) in my anti-possession high-intensity tactic (which i might write a post about):

1962364726_Screenshot(7).thumb.png.2808d28da361b9b6bb313a0751216cfa.png 

Curious how you guys found him since it looks like in my save he's capped at around 155PA compared to much higher versions in other saves i've seen :)

On 26/05/2020 at 23:52, LPQR said:

I have been playing FM for the last 8 editions and never have I seen a player be so effective or score so much, just had to lay it out here. Signed from Inter for 40M in my Atalanta save, he broke the all-time club league goalscoring record (103) in two seasons and a half, and the rest is history:

2060553946_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.16823a339fb1b4c864b73f1efeb23a68.png421439655_Screenshot(9).thumb.png.535dd54551da62356fcafba112020655.png

I have never seen any player score 50 goals in 37 league matches. I played him as an IF (A) in my anti-possession high-intensity tactic (which i might write a post about):

Curious how you guys found him since it looks like in my save he's capped at around 155PA compared to much higher versions in other saves i've seen :)

Very interested about this as I can't get him to score a lot and I was thinking myself to try him out in a AML-position. He looks like a beast in your game.

On 29/05/2020 at 18:36, JoOSTAR said:

Very interested about this as I can't get him to score a lot and I was thinking myself to try him out in a AML-position. He looks like a beast in your game.

I had him for 2 seasons on-loan with Parma, I had to shunt him out wide since I was only playing one upfront. My initial plan was for him to play AML.

Didn't help that Martinelli was available after he arrived at Parma, so I tried Esposito both at AMR and AML without much success.

IRL he does play more off-center to the left (mostly because of Lukaku and Martinez), but I think in theory it should be a good position for him at AML. I just couldn't get him to perform since Martinelli played better there since he was more natural at AML.

Its very strange how on Inter team he was not anything special, barely scored around 10 goals a season. Was expecting him to get the same numbers as he has on your team. Inter is a strong team, so its really mind blown how he got so good when he joined your team. I play almost same tactic as you and he doesnt score as much. Maybe around +-10 goals. Its true i started just this season playing him as IF on the left side, so I guess he will get better on the wing position over the time.

Altough he was very good in the attacking tactics where i played him alongside Fabio Silva. He was the best striker in the EPL for my Leeds side that year. I also tried him as a solo forward but didnt find any success with that.

I'm just hoping he gets his scoring the goals instict back on the AML (IF A).

• 3 weeks later...

In my Leicester save, I paid £25 m for him in 20/21 but he played only a bit part throughout the season. In 21/22, he was one of my regular ST in a 442 and he was immense. I'll be fighting off bids for him soon, without a doubt.

• 2 weeks later...

I played him as an IF (A) in my anti-possession high-intensity tactic (which i might write a post about):

Do you still using it? I'm curious as I'm usually struggle to have high scoring forwards in FM20.

He is incredible! Only got him on loan for 2 seasons and he has been scoring plenty in serie B for me. As I play with smaller teams in all my saves, I’ve never been able to sign him permanently. 

Ive just started an Inter save and noticed this chap, promoted him to the first team straight away. Currently playing a system with 2 up front (Lukaku and Martinez). Does he become better than either of these 2?

On 19/07/2020 at 00:36, liam1888 said:

If you dont mind me asking what skin is this?

and i suppose what stadium pack did you use?

Skin is my own (it's a mix of a few bits from different skins, based on the standard skin with transparency - if you want it, PM me and I'll send you a link).

Rest of my packs are here:

Managers/Staff Background Pack

Nations & Continents Background Pack

Competitions Pack

Stadium Pack

Long Team Names - English Leagues

Edited by stevemc

On 22/07/2020 at 10:54, Mackem742 said:

Ive just started an Inter save and noticed this chap, promoted him to the first team straight away. Currently playing a system with 2 up front (Lukaku and Martinez). Does he become better than either of these 2?

In every save I’ve had this year, regardless of who he plays for, he becomes one of the best strikers in the game (always AI controlled teams because I play smaller team/nation saves so never can buy him)

• 1 month later...
On 22/07/2020 at 15:58, WillHoward42 said:

I managed to sign Esposito in my third season at Derby (Promoted first season)

He took about 12 games before finally scoring, but since then has not looked back.

I shall post screenshots when I am home, but he has been sensational for me.

anyone else read this thread and get worried that Will hasn't gotten home? :)

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Who's better, Esposito or Haaland? 

Different roles, different players. Depends on what you want from them. For a complete, rounded striker, I would go with Esposito. I'm playing on the original patch rather than the update, so there could be variations.

This is both of them in my save, on the original patch

image.thumb.png.e7b5437d16796e5ca5e0f4ecdafb036c.pngimage.thumb.png.67e7cebbc1355149652a1e5aca2d8afe.png 

Haaland has been improved in the patch, IIRC, so may want to take that into consideration.

6 minutes ago, Sherkey said:

Different roles, different players. Depends on what you want from them. For a complete, rounded striker, I would go with Esposito. I'm playing on the original patch rather than the update, so there could be variations.

This is both of them in my save, on the original patch

image.thumb.png.e7b5437d16796e5ca5e0f4ecdafb036c.pngimage.thumb.png.67e7cebbc1355149652a1e5aca2d8afe.png 

Haaland has been improved in the patch, IIRC, so may want to take that into consideration.

Yeah tbf it would have to be a comparison with Esposito and the updated Haaland and he's quite a bit better after the patch. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/09/2020 at 15:55, Gee_Simpson said:

Who's better, Esposito or Haaland? 

I'd prefer Sebastiano Esposito as he had always been incredible for me for any clubs that I've managed on FM20.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bumping this thread. In FM20 I took his teammate Eddie Salcedo instead and got a few decent seasons out of him before selling him on.

In FM21 I bought Sebastiano in the first Winter window and he did not disappoint in his first season going 18g 12a in 33 Premier League matches and winning some young player awards along the way.

Now in 2022/23 he's become an absolute sensation with 20g 4a in the first 17 matches, including this incredible stretch I've never seen a player have before:

image.thumb.png.0c04b7267085dc9870b2c0fb371ed182.png

I managed to tie him down to a 5 year deal at 44k GBP week. Eventhough that runs until 2026 I reckon he might be due a new one long before the typical 18-24 months before expiration.

• 4 weeks later...

Signed him 2nd season for Anderlecht in January. Scored 15 that season. Next season he scored 17 in 17 and was bought in January by Sassuolo for 38 mil (minimum fee). I bought him back again for 65mil at the start of my 6th season. We will see now how good he will be. I expect a lot.

Edited by luka_zg

• 2 weeks later...

May 2024 - just completed our 3rd season with Seb as our first choice striker - and here's where his attributes stand in my save.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e2eb39f41a032a463dbfe4a6cf0e1c71.png

Had some niggling injuries this season, but still won the league's young player of the year for 3rd straight season. Not sure if he'll still be 'young' at 22. 79 league goals in 102 matches, playing a regular tactic, no plug and play.

image.thumb.png.861129fc83f87284a6fb6abe882f5a8f.png

We've fended off interest so far, but it looks like Liverpool is going to make a hard push this offseason. Hopefully winning the league help keeps him around.

Edited by CaptCanuck

7 hours ago, ShaunG95 said:

Wow! That'd be incredibly difficult to turn down. What did you do?

That happened right after my 'sliding doors' save split - I am keeping the Brighton one going, but for variety instead of starting a totally fresh one, I'm taking over at Fizzy Drinks Leipzig and will have that as my alternative save.

So I was just nexting through until I get the RBL gig, so not to screw over my soon to be former team I rejected it and an 80m+ deal for McNeil from Utd. When I go back to my Brighton save and if it comes up in that, I mean how do you turn down 200m in 2024? That's good for 3 to 5 overpriced 30-70m English/Home grown wonderkids to completely retool the front 3 and add my main missing ingredient, which is a younger version of Cancelo for my right CWB.

Or forget the wonderkids and just get Callum WIlson :lol:

Edited by CaptCanuck

• 1 month later...

July '25 and Seb has just turned 23. Got his second Premier League golden boot in 3 seasons and won the PL Young Player of the Year award for the 4th (and I assume final year).

Now I'm at the point where I want to keep him around long enough to see if I can break some PL records with him :-)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ec9b43edf40151879005ace082483018.png

Edited by CaptCanuck