False 9 role(sorta)

Im trying to mimic the false 9 role as i find the actual f9 role to be quite useless so i thought just going strikerless with a well rounded AM would work

Signing Havertz is major for me in this save as it is unreal for a wonderkid of his status to join the Mighty Wolves.As was thinking of how to best use i thought to make him the focal point of the team.By using him as the AM i was hoping it would, A)Overload the midfield and B)Create Space for my wingers to exploit and if not then Havertz could show some wizadry thus far it has been a mild success(very mild) but i think its less so the tactic working but the players just saving me(which is good but as a manager i need to use the players as best i can).Realistically this tactic is inspired by a mix of influence from Firmino and Messi,i think using him as a AP(S) is more accurate to depict how Firmino plays the role and maybe SS would be more accurate for Messi.As a result i decided to mimic Klopps use of Firmino hence this post.

So i was wondering If i were to put Havertz as an AP on support in this system would he go anywhere theres space and if so would he also get into the box at time?

Screenshot (17).png

Edited by Miragepredator

Exactly, shadow striker is the way to go. In my recent tactic (Guardiola-inspires Strikerless system) I got my Shadow Striker, 30 year old Pizzi to score 28 goals while assisting 16. Shadow Striker is probably the best False9, young Messi-role that's not actually a False 9.

Incidentally, I will be covering this in my next update for my Total Football thread in less than 1 hour, if you are interested :)

19 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Apart from Havertz, how does this tactic work for you in terms of results and/or performances?

For the first 10 or so games it was going well then i had a rough patch and change the right IW(a) to a Ramdeuter,the left IF(s) to a AP(s) and the right Mezzala to a DLP(s) and results picked back up

Havertz is playing as an AM(a) and has 15 goals and 7 assists in 29 games which is quite good for his maiden season and Pedro Neto,the ramdeuter,picked up a couple more goals aswell

On 25/05/2020 at 17:14, crusadertsar said:

Exactly, shadow striker is the way to go. In my recent tactic (Guardiola-inspires Strikerless system) I got my Shadow Striker, 30 year old Pizzi to score 28 goals while assisting 16. Shadow Striker is probably the best False9, young Messi-role that's not actually a False 9.

Incidentally, I will be covering this in my next update for my Total Football thread in less than 1 hour, if you are interested :)

I was thinking of using him as a AP(s) in games where teams sit back so that he can get onto the ball and help us hold onto the ball while using him as an SS when they are more willing to push up but currently using him as an AM(a) has been working so ill wait to experiment

Ill have a read into the thread and possibly incorporate some of the ideas into my tactic