2 goals in opening 2 minutes.

Has anybody ever scored/conceded 2 goals in the opening 2 minutes of a match? I am playing as Sunderland and was handed a tough draw in the Carabao Cup 3rd round at home to Man Utd. 

Somehow we scored after just 28 seconds and again after 1 minute and 30 seconds after a misplaced back-pass from Phil Jones! :lol:

Sorry for the poor quality photo!

20200524_110700.thumb.jpg.8c397999454e78e78f6b4074c3a61bb9.jpg

On 24/05/2020 at 13:10, RHKC said:

Has anybody ever scored/conceded 2 goals in the opening 2 minutes of a match? I am playing as Sunderland and was handed a tough draw in the Carabao Cup 3rd round at home to Man Utd. 

Somehow we scored after just 28 seconds and again after 1 minute and 30 seconds after a misplaced back-pass from Phil Jones! :lol:

Sorry for the poor quality photo!

Nice! Not me if I remember right. How did the game end?

Edited by Pasonen

You could force this by fielding one team without a defense proper. :DOtherwise this will always depend on a few lucky rolls of the code internal calculation dice in sequence (like that misplaced Jones pass). :D 

Does anybody remember those threads how teams would supposedly run out of steam in a second half? Like a fistful of goals in the first, then none in the second? Apart of the AI sometimes changing to "keep further damage to a minimum tactics" for 2nd halfs, this is only to be expected. With a fistful of goals, every other dice roll shot went in, in a generally ultra low scoring game, oft against quite a few odds. What then happens in the remaining half is just a "r
egression towards the mean". Shots just won't be flying in at alarming rates forever -- at some point they will be saved, missed or put straight into the keeper's hands again.

Edited by Svenc

On 26/05/2020 at 23:49, phd_angel said:

Cool!  What's your Mentality set on?   I sometimes score in the first minute, when I set it to Very Attacking.  I've scored twice in two minutes but mid game.

My mentality was cautious :lol: