[Training panel] "-1" or "0" ?

4 minuti fa, Unknown Hacker ha scritto:

-1 means that the team has no youth facilities at all. 0 means that the game will randomise the team's facilities when a new game is started (based on the team's reputation etc).

thanks !

27 minutes ago, Unknown Hacker said:

-1 means that the team has no youth facilities at all. 0 means that the game will randomise the team's facilities when a new game is started (based on the team's reputation etc).

Are you sure? -1 is usually randomise number.

11 ore fa, krlenjushka ha scritto:

Yes, I also thought -1 was random.

You can try setting -1, and see what happens in the game.

16 ore fa, Unknown Hacker ha scritto:

No, it's wrong. I just did some tests:

-1 is randomise numer.

Also 0 is randomise number...

So,
what's the difference?

Edited by Cizzu
16 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

I'm pretty sure. Look at clubs with -1 values set such as Brentford; their youth coaching and recruitment values in the editor are -1, which translates to them not having those facilities. Setting the worst teams in a db to 1 instead of -1 is probably a better choice most of the time though,

1 hour ago, Cizzu said:

No, it's wrong. I just did some tests:

-1 is randomise numer.

Also 0 is randomise number...

So,
what's the difference?

I've just done a test of my own where I changed 6 English teams' youth coaching and recruitment values to -1 in the editor and they all appeared in-game as having no facilities. Perhaps your test didn't work as you were editing teams with youth teams? Or perhaps only certain teams can have values set to -1? Your best bet is to have a play around and see what happens.

17 minutes ago, Unknown Hacker said:

I'm pretty sure. Look at clubs with -1 values set such as Brentford; their youth coaching and recruitment values in the editor are -1, which translates to them not having those facilities. Setting the worst teams in a db to 1 instead of -1 is probably a better choice most of the time though,

I've just done a test of my own where I changed 6 English teams' youth coaching and recruitment values to -1 in the editor and they all appeared in-game as having no facilities. Perhaps your test didn't work as you were editing teams with youth teams? Or perhaps only certain teams can have values set to -1? Your best bet is to have a play around and see what happens.

Yeah test is only way. BTW is there any other factor to regen quality in some specific club or only club reputation is responsible for that?

3 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Yeah test is only way. BTW is there any other factor to regen quality in some specific club or only club reputation is responsible for that?

There's a few factors that influence regen quality at specific clubs, including club reputation, facilities, and staff. Someone from SI covered it better in this post.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/500635-youth-intake-in-fm20/?do=findComment&comment=12103524

4 minutes ago, Unknown Hacker said:

There's a few factors that influence regen quality at specific clubs, including club reputation, facilities, and staff. Someone from SI covered it better in this post.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/500635-youth-intake-in-fm20/?do=findComment&comment=12103524

Maybe i asked wrong question - what affects to quality of players in empty clubs at the start when you thick "add players to playable teams"? TBH i tested this (also some thread was about this but i forgot where) but i cant remember.

Game will generate players to fill all empty clubs.

1 hour ago, krlenjushka said:

Maybe i asked wrong question - what affects to quality of players in empty clubs at the start when you thick "add players to playable teams"? TBH i tested this (also some thread was about this but i forgot where) but i cant remember.

I've just done a quick test and I think it's entirely based on club reputation. Facilities, staff, and division level didn't appear to impact generated player CA and PAs - although I'd need to take a deeper look to be sure. If you could find your old thread on this that would be interesting.

Edited by Unknown Hacker
18 minutes ago, Unknown Hacker said:

I've just done a quick test and I think it's entirely based on club reputation. Facilities, staff, and division level didn't appear to impact generated player CA and PAs - although I'd need to take a deeper look to be sure. If you could find your old thread on this that would be interesting.

I will test with new added empty clubs. I know generated players are weak but i didnt expect this. It seems all players are too weak compared with players in default database.

2 minutes ago, Fredrik said:

I'm still at FM18 but my tests in Kiribati and Fiji give me vastly different CA/PA. Unfortunately some from Fiji have extremely high PA.  

I get very low CA players in general. Dont know if this have to do with yout players setting under nation.

3 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

club's rep and league's rep I believe. But it's important to set more-less correct facilities values so the newgens will be decent quality after a few years.

15 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

club's rep and league's rep I believe. But it's important to set more-less correct facilities values so the newgens will be decent quality after a few years.

I tested and it seems clubs rep is not important. Something in facilities settings is but not sure what.

Now testing leagues reputation.

18 hours ago, Fredrik said:

I'm still at FM18 but my tests in Kiribati and Fiji give me vastly different CA/PA. Unfortunately some from Fiji have extremely high PA.  

I know you tested this earlier. Is youth importance option used here also? I know youth training, youth facilities and youth reqruitment are responsible for generated players at the start of the game (when you thick add players to playable teams option) and also for newgens quality. Not sure which options is more or less important but i think youth training number make more difference.

If i set this to get players with some average CA of 50 ( i need that player quality for specific level) then i have to set these 3 option too high.

I guess this option is far from ideal and best option is to add real players. I can generate 20000 players and put them into clubs. This way i can control CA for some level. Problem is i never added players so i dont have almost any experience.

Huge testing is necessary here.

I didn't see any evidence of it. 

Just to be clear also. Some Fijians were Kiribati level garbage but there were some that were as good as expected and even a few perhaps too good. The variance was higher with the Fijians and to me it looks like these are generated more or less randomly according to the levels we've set for youth training, facilites, recruitment. I don't know exactly which one is most important but I can see the aggregated level of them seems to make a difference. 

In my opinion real players are always preferable but from my experience it's often the case that teams with more real players are near the top of the league. That itself is also sign that the generated players are not good enough. 

19 minutes ago, Fredrik said:

I didn't see any evidence of it. 

Just to be clear also. Some Fijians were Kiribati level garbage but there were some that were as good as expected and even a few perhaps too good. The variance was higher with the Fijians and to me it looks like these are generated more or less randomly according to the levels we've set for youth training, facilites, recruitment. I don't know exactly which one is most important but I can see the aggregated level of them seems to make a difference. 

In my opinion real players are always preferable but from my experience it's often the case that teams with more real players are near the top of the league. That itself is also sign that the generated players are not good enough. 

Yeah. I think i will create 20000 players and put them into 1600-1700 empty clubs. This way i can control CA and PA. I just generated 20000 names from serbian name database. Have you ever tried to add players with minimum of info? Now i need to set minimum for every player - i guess CA and PA and position is enough? Game should add other?

Yeah, I wouldn't add too many details on players I only know the minimum about. In addition to what you already mentioned I would consider year of birth if it's easy to add. To avoid teams full of juniors. Obviously more details is better but I find it works quite well, and especially compared to the newgen players. I mean you will always have outliers but in general this approach creates a base of players that are decent enough. 

To be honest, what you're doing is not much more random than taking names from Transfermarkt that you know nothing about. That's also pretty much random in my opinion. Of course it's kind of nice when players have "real" names. 

Edited by Fredrik
3 minutes ago, Fredrik said:

Yeah, I wouldn't add too many details on players I only know the minimum about. In addition to what you already mentioned I would consider year of birth if it's easy to add. To avoid teams full of juniors. Obviously more details is better but I find it works quite well, and especially compared to the newgen players. 

To be honest, what you're doing is not much more random than taking names from Transfermarkt that you know nothing about. That's also pretty much random in my opinion. Of course it's kind of nice when players have "real" names. 

I only added names, CA and PA (range) and country. Game generated everything else and im more than satisfied.

Screenshot_102.thumb.png.cd36a4f387f0dd6ed9e5dbec953c38f2.png