The Cult of FM

1 hour ago, The Cult of FM said:

No mate I searched their birthplace in place of birth in the search filters. In the second video I explain it all i'll get that up ASAP. It took absolutely ages I even had to use pen and paper! i'm sure there are better ways to do it. Is tagging cities easy to do? I don't use the editor often!

Yes it is not that hard. u have to load the database. search the region and select the cities.  u have to tag them one by one.. much easier for setting up filters etc

1 hour ago, The Cult of FM said:

No mate I searched their birthplace in place of birth in the search filters. In the second video I explain it all i'll get that up ASAP. It took absolutely ages I even had to use pen and paper! i'm sure there are better ways to do it. Is tagging cities easy to do? I don't use the editor often!

3 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Yes it is not that hard. u have to load the database. search the region and select the cities.  u have to tag them one by one.. much easier for setting up filters etc

You'll also find that, after a while, the player search screen starts taking forever to load as it runs its way through each search criteria - so using one (with the tag in) makes things much quicker in game, too.

12 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

You'll also find that, after a while, the player search screen starts taking forever to load as it runs its way through each search criteria - so using one (with the tag in) makes things much quicker in game, too.

indeed.  the only  issue is have is that u can't scout only in the right regions . I search homegrown  only and scout the 20 best teams in the region ( start of the season and after youth intake) . if my scouts advice  me someone to scout.. I have to click on the player - information and check his birth citiy. After scouting the best teams I can see their birth city in the squad  view and only scout them. 

there's a workaround for the players that are suggested in the scouting centre. add them to the shortlist . I have the same filter ( region only) for my shortlist and if the suggested  player is not visible.. he's not from the correct region. 

54 minutes ago, The Cult of FM said:

Ahh thank you both for that I might do another one of these saves later on with a different team and i'll remember this. I can't do it for this one as i've got the in game editor turned off. The only difficult bit was noting down which towns/cities were in the Catalan area after I googled it. 

Olivier are you doing one of these saves now as you know how to search for this in the editor and set up filters etc?

Yes, i'm playing in France with Paris FC and have a few 'hard' transfer policies.