Jump to content

Gian Piero Gasperini at Atalanta Case Study


Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, skyline72 said:

Do it at your own pace. 

No rush. :)

If work isn’t too hectic I may get my teeth into. But I don’t want to promise. As am now missing actually playing the game. Hopefully find a happy medium. :brock:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So... I got a bit bored of my FM 18 save for no reason(happens to me a lot lol) and I decided to try something new on FM 20. I wanted to play tactics that I have never played before and use roles and positions that I haven't used in the past. I don't enjoy making my own tactics anymore, as I always end up with the same stuff that works, but it quickly bores me. So what I do now is basically experiment with other people's recreation of real world tactics like this one and this has improved my FM enjoyment massively. I also love what Atalanta are doing IRL, so this thread was perfect for me. 

Aaanyway, I joined Atalanta and copied this setup. Overall it works, the team plays well and we do score goals. It's only been a few games but I like what I'm seeing. Does it play like real life Atalanta? Yeah, as much as FM allows it. But most importantly - it's fun! 

I made a few changes, however, to fix some issues. Lets start from the back:

  • I added the option to distribute to the CBs as I saw way too many times my goalie searching for the WBs. I don't want this. I want my WBs to play as Wingers when we have the ball and distributing to CBs seems to work better so far. 

Note: If you want the defenders to play like Atalanta you HAVE to train them to Bring the ball out from defence! You also NEED the Ball-playing Centre backs to have good dribbling(11-12 minimum), or this will fail miserebly. Thankfully on FM 20 there are loads of such players and traits are very easy to train. 

I had Palomino in the left sided BPD role. He got dispossesed so many times I went out and bought a new CB immidietely. He is great for the central CD role, but not for the side BPDs. Why? Because he can't dribble. He can run and he tries to, but can't keep the ball. Dribbling is key in addition to the defensive attributes of course. 

What happens though when you get the right player? well, I just had my left sided BPD do a dazzling run from my own half to the opponents penalty box. That's what you get with a proper BPD. How usefull is it? it appears to be not that much, because FM can't use the advantage properly, but it is fun to watch for sure! 

Also, you need a left footed player for the left BPD and right footed player for the right BPD. It might be obvious, but I have to mention it. Play a lesser player or train a midfielder to play there if you have to, but don't use a player with the opposite foot, because he will run in the centre of the pitch and create a mess. 

  • Papu Gomez is nothing like hismelf with AMCs, even with the added instructions, so I tried something crazy. First, I wanted to try out Enganche, as I've never used it, but it just doesn't make sense. I want him moving around searching for space, not keeping company of the opponent's DM. The only thing that seems appropriate is the good old Trequartista. But why is that crazy? Well, in front of him Ilicic is also a Trequartista! Wait, what? Two treqs, one team?! WTF? Let me explain. 

First, I really wanted to play with a Treq, as I haven't done it since... FM 10 I think? And even then I remember vividly how Aguero sucked at it. From there on out I stayed away from the Trequartista. Recently though I saw a thread here on how awesome it is. I got intrigued! Then I saw someone here post that it worked for him and then I was sold. 

I changed Duvan Zapata to CFs and Ilicic to Treq. First game - brace for Ilicic. Movement and attacking thread - superb. Then I started playing with the idea of making Papu the Treq, but what do i do with Ilicic then? There really is nothing that will work so well so I just put them both on the Treq role and... it works! They don't go in eachother's way, quite the opposite. The seek the open spaces, they dribble and shoot often, it's really fun to watch. Before the change Papu didn't have a single highlight in like 5 games. After the change he is a lot more like himself. 

Note: Because of this, I had to do something to balance out the defensive side of the game. My solution was dropping the mentality on Positive. That doesn't change that much, it just lowers the mentalities very slightly and lowers the tempo a bit, which I wanted anyway. The rest of the team still plays the same.

But the key to make this work was to in the Opposition Instructions screen. There I added Close Down on every single position to counteract the Trequartista's lazyness. And boom - now we are chasing balls like pitbulls! 

Keep in mind that with CFs and a Treq up front, Duvan is the one that drops deeper to help defence, while Ilicic stays further up and only presses their defenders. Papu, however still drops deeper and performs his midfield duties. So, surprisingly the Trequartista role performs slighly different in the AMC and ST strata. Very interesting. It could be just the players different attributes making them play slightly different, but I'll take what I can get. 

What makes me the most happy about this tactic is that strikers are actually scoring goals! Wow, what a relief. It's so hard in this FM for them to be useful, but here it works(for now). 

Random Notes: The WBs are key. A world class player here can make all the difference. If my back up wingback with 8 finishing can score braces then imagine what a beast of a player can do here. I also like how many assists my Mezzala provides. Could be just form, but so far it's looking good. The Carriero is not very impressive so far, but it could be just that De Roon hates me :D 

Just as a general tip - make sure to train the players in the roles and duties they will play in the team. That maxes out familiarity and allows the tactic to play to it's best. 

TL;DR - I added Distribute to CBs and made sure to train the BPDs to bring the ball out of defence. I also dropped the mentality to Positive and I use Ilicic AND Gomez az double Trequartista. I'm loving it so far! 

Overall it plays well, wins games and it's fun to watch. Keep in mind that it's a very small sample size, but in FM you don't need that many games for a team to gel and see what works and what doesn't. It's definately more fun than anything else I've tried on FM 20. Thank you @SixPointer for making this! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, skyline72 said:

Interesting to see 2 Treq in the same setup which by logic, shouldnt work at all. 

It's FM 20, logic has no power here! :lol: 

I am also really curious how is this double Treq experiment is going to go. I don't plan on making any further changes, unless something massively breaks and I just beat Pochettino's Napoli 3-1 with ease. Dominated possession, too. I will do an update at the end of the season with more info. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Impacto said:

So... I got a bit bored of my FM 18 save for no reason(happens to me a lot lol) and I decided to try something new on FM 20. I wanted to play tactics that I have never played before and use roles and positions that I haven't used in the past. I don't enjoy making my own tactics anymore, as I always end up with the same stuff that works, but it quickly bores me. So what I do now is basically experiment with other people's recreation of real world tactics like this one and this has improved my FM enjoyment massively. I also love what Atalanta are doing IRL, so this thread was perfect for me. 

Aaanyway, I joined Atalanta and copied this setup. Overall it works, the team plays well and we do score goals. It's only been a few games but I like what I'm seeing. Does it play like real life Atalanta? Yeah, as much as FM allows it. But most importantly - it's fun! 

I made a few changes, however, to fix some issues. Lets start from the back:

  • I added the option to distribute to the CBs as I saw way too many times my goalie searching for the WBs. I don't want this. I want my WBs to play as Wingers when we have the ball and distributing to CBs seems to work better so far. 

Note: If you want the defenders to play like Atalanta you HAVE to train them to Bring the ball out from defence! You also NEED the Ball-playing Centre backs to have good dribbling(11-12 minimum), or this will fail miserebly. Thankfully on FM 20 there are loads of such players and traits are very easy to train. 

I had Palomino in the left sided BPD role. He got dispossesed so many times I went out and bought a new CB immidietely. He is great for the central CD role, but not for the side BPDs. Why? Because he can't dribble. He can run and he tries to, but can't keep the ball. Dribbling is key in addition to the defensive attributes of course. 

What happens though when you get the right player? well, I just had my left sided BPD do a dazzling run from my own half to the opponents penalty box. That's what you get with a proper BPD. How usefull is it? it appears to be not that much, because FM can't use the advantage properly, but it is fun to watch for sure! 

Also, you need a left footed player for the left BPD and right footed player for the right BPD. It might be obvious, but I have to mention it. Play a lesser player or train a midfielder to play there if you have to, but don't use a player with the opposite foot, because he will run in the centre of the pitch and create a mess. 

  • Papu Gomez is nothing like hismelf with AMCs, even with the added instructions, so I tried something crazy. First, I wanted to try out Enganche, as I've never used it, but it just doesn't make sense. I want him moving around searching for space, not keeping company of the opponent's DM. The only thing that seems appropriate is the good old Trequartista. But why is that crazy? Well, in front of him Ilicic is also a Trequartista! Wait, what? Two treqs, one team?! WTF? Let me explain. 

First, I really wanted to play with a Treq, as I haven't done it since... FM 10 I think? And even then I remember vividly how Aguero sucked at it. From there on out I stayed away from the Trequartista. Recently though I saw a thread here on how awesome it is. I got intrigued! Then I saw someone here post that it worked for him and then I was sold. 

I changed Duvan Zapata to CFs and Ilicic to Treq. First game - brace for Ilicic. Movement and attacking thread - superb. Then I started playing with the idea of making Papu the Treq, but what do i do with Ilicic then? There really is nothing that will work so well so I just put them both on the Treq role and... it works! They don't go in eachother's way, quite the opposite. The seek the open spaces, they dribble and shoot often, it's really fun to watch. Before the change Papu didn't have a single highlight in like 5 games. After the change he is a lot more like himself. 

Note: Because of this, I had to do something to balance out the defensive side of the game. My solution was dropping the mentality on Positive. That doesn't change that much, it just lowers the mentalities very slightly and lowers the tempo a bit, which I wanted anyway. The rest of the team still plays the same.

But the key to make this work was to in the Opposition Instructions screen. There I added Close Down on every single position to counteract the Trequartista's lazyness. And boom - now we are chasing balls like pitbulls! 

Keep in mind that with CFs and a Treq up front, Duvan is the one that drops deeper to help defence, while Ilicic stays further up and only presses their defenders. Papu, however still drops deeper and performs his midfield duties. So, surprisingly the Trequartista role performs slighly different in the AMC and ST strata. Very interesting. It could be just the players different attributes making them play slightly different, but I'll take what I can get. 

What makes me the most happy about this tactic is that strikers are actually scoring goals! Wow, what a relief. It's so hard in this FM for them to be useful, but here it works(for now). 

Random Notes: The WBs are key. A world class player here can make all the difference. If my back up wingback with 8 finishing can score braces then imagine what a beast of a player can do here. I also like how many assists my Mezzala provides. Could be just form, but so far it's looking good. The Carriero is not very impressive so far, but it could be just that De Roon hates me :D 

Just as a general tip - make sure to train the players in the roles and duties they will play in the team. That maxes out familiarity and allows the tactic to play to it's best. 

TL;DR - I added Distribute to CBs and made sure to train the BPDs to bring the ball out of defence. I also dropped the mentality to Positive and I use Ilicic AND Gomez az double Trequartista. I'm loving it so far! 

Overall it plays well, wins games and it's fun to watch. Keep in mind that it's a very small sample size, but in FM you don't need that many games for a team to gel and see what works and what doesn't. It's definately more fun than anything else I've tried on FM 20. Thank you @SixPointer for making this! 

Am so glad to have inspired your game! and thrown up some new ideas and ideas other people have already hit with. It’s such a complex system. So it is hard for true replication but I feel I’ve gotten as close as the ME will allow. 

I’ve not done it with Atalanta. So it’s probably a little different. However I totally agree that I see illic as a TREQ I just never got a player capable of the role. 

again I agree with the BPD statements. I use players that are both capable of playing full back as well as a centre back. 
 

The Papu Gomez role am not sure I agree with but of course it’s down to interpretation. But he’s assisting and scoring goals as well as much other player. But again a TREQ was a role I tried to get that magical drifting he does. I intend to do a full update purely on him after I finish off my centre midfield one. 
 

i really look forward to hearing more from your trials and your findings the whole reason the thread was made was for inspiration and for bouncing ideas around. Love it. Thanks for you input. 
 

Edited by SixPointer
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad news boys, the double Treq combo is not as good as I want it to be. It does work and it can still be viable in some cases, but for me it wasn't consistant enough. 

Here is why it can work - the Trequartista is a "ball magnet" role, but since you don't have any playmakers in this system, you're only using 2 bms, which is the max recomended by people who are smarter than me and know how the game works. So you have 2 playmakers/strikers with lots of freedom do to their thing. They both look for space but in different aereas of the pitch. Because we're pressing high and our players have decent work rate, the double Treq is not lazy and actually helps the defence. The striker treq stays further up, but closes down when he needs to. The AMC treq actually drops deep and plays as any other midfielder in defence. Adding "close down" on every single position in the opposite instruction screen helps with that, but I feel it's a bit gaming the system. Also, make sure to turn that off for GKs, because I find that often both strikers go to press the goalie for no reason and leave spaces for the opponents to easily take. 

Here is what goes wrong - basically I couldn't get both Gomez and Ilicic to perform together. It was always one or the other. And in some games both disapeared. The team soon dropped off form and I had to bail on it. There were some glipses of brilliance, but it's not consistant enough. Constant 6.5 ratings even when we win on one of the Treqs. A single treq though remains very good option. Some great goals were scored by players in those roles. I've had Gomez do Messi-esque dribbles, belters from distance and Muriel culred one in with his outside of the boot from 30 meters or something. Fun stuff, but doesn't win games often enough. 

I went back to the original AMs role with TI instructions and it's good. Considering how hard it is to find a proper attacking role for Ilicic I think it's best to keep the Trequartista one for him instead of Gomez, but either way can work well.   

Half way trough the season we're 3 points off the 4th spot and it's looking ropey. My manager is low on rep and some players still hate me, so that is contributing for the inconsistency. My biggest concern is the lack of interaction on the field between the top trio. Everything else seems to be good, but I rarely see them three combining together and when they do, well... the keeper saves. Zapata doesn't score enough so I am experimenting with more attacking roles for him. 

So yeah, it's not overachieving or anything but it's more fun to watch and play with than anything else I've tried so far on FM 20. 

Keep in mind that this is a very small sample size and I still have a half a season to finish. Even then, it's just one season with one team. Could be millions of reasons why something works or doesn't work and on this FM it's very hard to tell for me at least.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Impacto said:

Bad news boys, the double Treq combo is not as good as I want it to be. It does work and it can still be viable in some cases, but for me it wasn't consistant enough. 

Here is why it can work - the Trequartista is a "ball magnet" role, but since you don't have any playmakers in this system, you're only using 2 bms, which is the max recomended by people who are smarter than me and know how the game works. So you have 2 playmakers/strikers with lots of freedom do to their thing. They both look for space but in different aereas of the pitch. Because we're pressing high and our players have decent work rate, the double Treq is not lazy and actually helps the defence. The striker treq stays further up, but closes down when he needs to. The AMC treq actually drops deep and plays as any other midfielder in defence. Adding "close down" on every single position in the opposite instruction screen helps with that, but I feel it's a bit gaming the system. Also, make sure to turn that off for GKs, because I find that often both strikers go to press the goalie for no reason and leave spaces for the opponents to easily take. 

Here is what goes wrong - basically I couldn't get both Gomez and Ilicic to perform together. It was always one or the other. And in some games both disapeared. The team soon dropped off form and I had to bail on it. There were some glipses of brilliance, but it's not consistant enough. Constant 6.5 ratings even when we win on one of the Treqs. A single treq though remains very good option. Some great goals were scored by players in those roles. I've had Gomez do Messi-esque dribbles, belters from distance and Muriel culred one in with his outside of the boot from 30 meters or something. Fun stuff, but doesn't win games often enough. 

I went back to the original AMs role with TI instructions and it's good. Considering how hard it is to find a proper attacking role for Ilicic I think it's best to keep the Trequartista one for him instead of Gomez, but either way can work well.   

Half way trough the season we're 3 points off the 4th spot and it's looking ropey. My manager is low on rep and some players still hate me, so that is contributing for the inconsistency. My biggest concern is the lack of interaction on the field between the top trio. Everything else seems to be good, but I rarely see them three combining together and when they do, well... the keeper saves. Zapata doesn't score enough so I am experimenting with more attacking roles for him. 

So yeah, it's not overachieving or anything but it's more fun to watch and play with than anything else I've tried so far on FM 20. 

Keep in mind that this is a very small sample size and I still have a half a season to finish. Even then, it's just one season with one team. Could be millions of reasons why something works or doesn't work and on this FM it's very hard to tell for me at least.  

 

Welcome to my world. I done a lot of trials and lot of pain and combinations to get to where I’ve got. Many things that would make sense IRL didn’t translate well into the game. I think that’s the real issue with GPG system. It’s really so fluid in particular the movement of the front 3 that’s it’s so hard to nail it down. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, sejo said:

What about the midfielders combination? Do you still use CAR + MEZ?

If you're asking me - yes. Both worked well with Freuler as the Mezzala scoring a few screamers and adding some assists. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
11 ore fa, SixPointer ha scritto:

Similar to the carrilero situation after more exploring, I found freuler to be a lot more technical than De Roon and was more advanced particularly in the half space and linking with Papu Gomez, but with the ability to also drop deeper as well. He does work extremely hard of the ball which was a worry but with the team instructions we have ticked he does enough work for my liking.

Which team instructions? And what about PI about MEZ and CAR?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sejo said:

Which team instructions? And what about PI about MEZ and CAR?

Both players have no PI instructions that’s why I never listed them. Other than the ones that are hard coded as default. 

team instructions wise we have more urgent pressing which will help the two go about pressing more Aggressively along with counter press which if they loose the ball means they will try to win it back. This helps create this hard work ethic from the two players. And the fact both are support roles they help in defence and attack. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking for some feedback. 
 

how was the writing on the pictures? Especially the in game ones? 
Was it clear enough? Was it better than being underneath the picture? Is mix good?
 

just before I start my PAPU Gomez episode. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SixPointer said:

Looking for some feedback. 
 

how was the writing on the pictures? Especially the in game ones? 
Was it clear enough? Was it better than being underneath the picture? Is mix good?
 

just before I start my PAPU Gomez episode. 

Good for me!

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Looking for some feedback. 
 

how was the writing on the pictures? Especially the in game ones? 
Was it clear enough? Was it better than being underneath the picture? Is mix good?
 

just before I start my PAPU Gomez episode. 

Looks good to me, too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of Atalanta's movement against Ajax were simply mesmerising. Your diamonds on the images look really great and I don't think it's possible to get any closer to how they play in real life. Sometime, hopefully in the not too distant future, the game will be able to replicate that level of fluidity, which, by the way, I think clearly is the next big thing in football strategy.

EDIT:

I know you have been trying out just about every possible role combination and I've only been experimenting with Atalanta since watching the game yesterday, but I think the enganche role is perfect for Gomez. It's the one role with the least possible vertical movement of all the AMC roles and the few games I've played with my ideas, I've seen that it moves around horizontally, helping out whichever of the wide diamonds needs it. It's actually awesome when it works.

Edited by Enzo_Francescoli
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Enzo_Francescoli said:

Some of Atalanta's movement against Ajax were simply mesmerising. Your diamonds on the images look really great and I don't think it's possible to get any closer to how they play in real life. Sometime, hopefully in the not too distant future, the game will be able to replicate that level of fluidity, which, by the way, I think clearly is the next big thing in football strategy.

EDIT:

I know you have been trying out just about every possible role combination and I've only been experimenting with Atalanta since watching the game yesterday, but I think the enganche role is perfect for Gomez. It's the one role with the least possible vertical movement of all the AMC roles and the few games I've played with my ideas, I've seen that it moves around horizontally, helping out whichever of the wide diamonds needs it. It's actually awesome when it works.

The movement and rotations are sublime. There goal tally and attacking stats drew me in when I began research it open a whole other door. I agree the ME will need to find away of pulling it off but it will be difficulty to program that sort of fluidity. 
 

in terms of Gomez I should have a post out Friday latest so I don’t really want to spoil it to much. But enganche is not meant to roam and Gomez roams a lot  and he does drop deep in early Build up. It also is hardcoded do dribble less and by god does that man dribble. 

 

But I’ll be totally honest with you it’s the one role I never tried for him so you could well be into something.
football the game in general and football manager is all about opinions and interpretations. So everyone’s view is different it’s what makes it’s so special 

Edited by SixPointer
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Although the beta is out. I think I’ve got one last update. Bare with me. It’s nearly done people unfortunately think it’s came too late do the episode on strikers but hopefully have a Gomez episode out by the weekend 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Although the beta is out. I think I’ve got one last update. Bare with me. It’s nearly done people unfortunately think it’s came too late do the episode on strikers but hopefully have a Gomez episode out by the weekend 

No worries.

I believe the idea can be brought to FM21 as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, skyline72 said:

No worries.

I believe the idea can be brought to FM21 as well. 

 

1 minute ago, Impacto said:

The whole concept will probably work even better in FM 21. 

I dare say it could as well. Time well tell. But I may shift to another concept. We will see. I feel I built a good solid replication on FM20 so may do another manager for 21. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Question?

This year I have been using the system below so far. Not a true Atalanta replication but I used some elements off there play.

20428ae74d23a6075600768811f4425b.png

I plan to do a small write up on the success of the system, what weapons its has along with some in depth set plays. Also its weakness and of course why and how I built it. 

BUT!

With the winter update out, it wont be long until I embark on a new save. Which will spark a possible replication. My question or rather my request is for some good suggestions.

Ive thought about Julian Nagelsmann and that's where I am at right now. I like his flexibility and philosophy, plus he is probably one of the most exciting managers in the world.

But id like to hear what other people think. Happy to do a historic team/manager or someone right now. I would like it to be something quite unique or something that hasn't been done often. Such as Pep there is no point in that as there is many out there. More likely better than mine.

Thanks in advance 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Question?

This year I have been using the system below so far. Not a true Atalanta replication but I used some elements off there play.

20428ae74d23a6075600768811f4425b.png

I plan to do a small write up on the success of the system, what weapons its has along with some in depth set plays. Also its weakness and of course why and how I built it. 

BUT!

With the winter update out, it wont be long until I embark on a new save. Which will spark a possible replication. My question or rather my request is for some good suggestions.

Ive thought about Julian Nagelsmann and that's where I am at right now. I like his flexibility and philosophy, plus he is probably one of the most exciting managers in the world.

But id like to hear what other people think. Happy to do a historic team/manager or someone right now. I would like it to be something quite unique or something that hasn't been done often. Such as Pep there is no point in that as there is many out there. More likely better than mine.

Thanks in advance 

How about tuchel at Chelsea with his 3 centre backs and 1 and sometimes 2 floating number 10s?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ronnieekelund said:

How about tuchel at Chelsea with his 3 centre backs and 1 and sometimes 2 floating number 10s?

Yeah definitely an interesting system. Tbh I’ve just switched on my current save to 523 with both the outside strikers dropping a DLF AND F9. And it’s throwing up some tuchel moments. 
 

Good idea and one I’ll definitely consider when it comes to doing my replication post. 
 

thanks for your input. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, halfspace3000 said:

Julian Nagelsmann will be very nice to see

Think that’s what am thinking! He has been done on the forums before. But not as much as others  

Pep is done loads 

biesla done loads 

Link to post
Share on other sites

nagelsmann is versatile, sometimes playing 2 pure strikers up front but sometimes just playing attacking mids there, I assume tuchel is also doing some kind of tactical tricks

atalanta is very straight forward

would be interesting to see insights on when to make which tactical switch

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/02/2021 at 20:02, SixPointer said:

My question or rather my request is for some good suggestions.

 

Nice topic!

My suggestion: Antonio Conte. Also 3 cb system but more defensive and direct.

I've watched Atalanta a lot and imo Zapata-Ilicic roles should be DLF combination, DLF-A & DLF-S.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Valtte said:

Nice topic!

My suggestion: Antonio Conte. Also 3 cb system but more defensive and direct.

I've watched Atalanta a lot and imo Zapata-Ilicic roles should be DLF combination, DLF-A & DLF-S.

another good option. problem being am using 343/352 at the minute and am going to write that up shortly. Not a replication just how I build my systems. 

eh in terms of the strikers in the setup here. I didn't really have the players to truly get them working. I think its actually a CF Treq combo but i havent watched Atalanta since Papu left!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 25/02/2021 at 02:02, SixPointer said:

Question?

This year I have been using the system below so far. Not a true Atalanta replication but I used some elements off there play.

20428ae74d23a6075600768811f4425b.png

I plan to do a small write up on the success of the system, what weapons its has along with some in depth set plays. Also its weakness and of course why and how I built it. 

BUT!

With the winter update out, it wont be long until I embark on a new save. Which will spark a possible replication. My question or rather my request is for some good suggestions.

Ive thought about Julian Nagelsmann and that's where I am at right now. I like his flexibility and philosophy, plus he is probably one of the most exciting managers in the world.

But id like to hear what other people think. Happy to do a historic team/manager or someone right now. I would like it to be something quite unique or something that hasn't been done often. Such as Pep there is no point in that as there is many out there. More likely better than mine.

Thanks in advance 

Sir Alex Ferguson!

1999 and 2006 to 2009!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, skyline72 said:

Sir Alex Ferguson!

1999 and 2006 to 2009!

Strange I have been thinking about that as well. I think my career update is about done and I plan on doing a tactical write up about what I’ve used in the save. Then I’m going to really look at a replication. But I may go down the route of a style than a actual team. 
 

so far am thinking either 

 

Louis van gaal ajax 

Diego Simone at athletico

alex Ferguson 1999

De zebri at sassulo

wenger invincibles 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/02/2021 at 18:02, SixPointer said:

Question?

This year I have been using the system below so far. Not a true Atalanta replication but I used some elements off there play.

20428ae74d23a6075600768811f4425b.png

I plan to do a small write up on the success of the system, what weapons its has along with some in depth set plays. Also its weakness and of course why and how I built it. 

BUT!

With the winter update out, it wont be long until I embark on a new save. Which will spark a possible replication. My question or rather my request is for some good suggestions.

Ive thought about Julian Nagelsmann and that's where I am at right now. I like his flexibility and philosophy, plus he is probably one of the most exciting managers in the world.

But id like to hear what other people think. Happy to do a historic team/manager or someone right now. I would like it to be something quite unique or something that hasn't been done often. Such as Pep there is no point in that as there is many out there. More likely better than mine.

Thanks in advance 

What about Marcelo Gallardo's 4-1-3-2 Narrow system that he uses at River Plate! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Strange I have been thinking about that as well. I think my career update is about done and I plan on doing a tactical write up about what I’ve used in the save. Then I’m going to really look at a replication. But I may go down the route of a style than a actual team. 
 

so far am thinking either 

 

Louis van gaal ajax 

Diego Simone at athletico

alex Ferguson 1999

De zebri at sassulo

wenger invincibles 

Im interested in LvG Ajax and SAF 07/08(probably the greatest Man Utd side)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Louisking1992 said:

What about Marcelo Gallardo's 4-1-3-2 Narrow system that he uses at River Plate! 

That could be very interesting. Only thing is the one am getting ready to write up is a winger less tactic so was maybe looking for something with wide men. But definitely will look into this as well 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The other thing will be what time to use doing it. Which again will depend on the style. Using Argentinos juniors was mainly because they have a similar philosophy as Atalanta. And a player who could be like papa Gomez. Infact most players were covered apart from the strikers. So eventually it will be down to what team to replicate and what team do use in doing so! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, skyline72 said:

You might want to consider Ancelotti christmas tree at AC!

Another epic team and tactic!! Think the list will be huge by the end. I’ll maybe put it to some sort of vote when the time comes to do it 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...