Need advice for an attacking RB

Hi guys,

I'm playing with Juventus and just sold Danilo to United for 60 million. :)

I'd like to spend the money on a young attacking RB with lots of potential for a reasonable price. Currently I have my eyes on Sergino Dest from Ajax and he looks promising. Both of his feet are strong so he can play on both sides when needed. I can also assign Alex Sandro to tutor him in order to further develop.

His price is currently 28m so I need your opinion if I should splash the money. I only have slight concern about his Concentration, Composure and Decisions which are at 10, but I'm sure I can develop him better by giving him regular playing time along Cuadrado. 

I also have a very cheap alternative on the market - Ruben Aguilar from Monaco which only costs 3.5m and he's a bit more experienced in terms of attributes. However, he's 27 and probably has 3-4 more years in top condition.

What do you guys think? With the sale of Danilo, I have 120m to spend in the summer. I also plan to sell Higuain and replace him with Haaland. With the remaining money I'm looking to get an attacking RB and attacking central midfielder.

Here are Dest's attributes: 

ae8eb7a52727fdff44e6e2430e4b07cb.thumb.png.619568c958e9435332bea5ab3e7bddb2.png

Here are Ruben Aguilar's attributes:

0a13eb152d93e84d166a7dac6db7e2d2.thumb.png.97dbeaa816dd3ea988cbd42fdb1fafda.png

13 minutes ago, Blue 4 Life said:

What season are you in? Liverpool'S Ki-Jana Hoever turns into a superb right back. He's probably out on loan if you're in the first couple of seasons though. 

Just finished first season. I'll have a look at the kid. 

I was also looking at Dalot, Hakimi, Kimmich but the asking price is just too much. I'd rather get a cheap prospect and develop him, or get a cheap alternative like Ruben Aguilar that will still do the job.

I'm kinda saving money to get Savic for around 70m in addition to Haaland and RB.

1 hour ago, karanhsingh said:

Neither of them look good enough for Juve to be honest. Hakimi would be the best if you can get him. There's also Wague from Barcelona who usually moves around this time. 

Barcelona is asking 100m for Wague. However, Hakimi is available for 50mill so it would deplete my budget a bit reserved for Milinkovic-Savic. 

So I'm looking for something younger and cheaper with potential. I still got Cuadrado as a backup so I think I should be fine.

I quite like the look of Dest. If the rest of your team's strong enough to support his development, he looks a good prospect. 

Best right-back I've used on FM20 is Ethan Laird, who may find his path to the first team blocked at United if they've just nabbed Danilo from you? 

3 hours ago, Spiegel said:

I quite like the look of Dest. If the rest of your team's strong enough to support his development, he looks a good prospect. 

Best right-back I've used on FM20 is Ethan Laird, who may find his path to the first team blocked at United if they've just nabbed Danilo from you? 

I'll definitely have a look since I haven't scouted him yet. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

22 hours ago, Blue 4 Life said:

What season are you in? Liverpool'S Ki-Jana Hoever turns into a superb right back. He's probably out on loan if you're in the first couple of seasons though. 

Here is Hoever in August 2024. I paid 58 million to sign him from Liverpool. A lot of money, but I don't see a single weakness with his stats. Great physicals, good dribbling and pace to run up the right to get forwards and excellent defensive stats. He will be my right back for many seasons.

Hoever.png

Edited by Blue 4 Life

3 hours ago, james_wilko said:

Depending on how far along you are after the first season, I've found Hakimi regularly gets transferred listed by Madrid once he's came back from Dortmund, think for around £15m. 

It should make sense since they already have Carvajal and Odrizola. I'd be happy with either one of Hakimi or Odrizola. :)

If I were managing Juve I 'd look at Lazzari, Di Lorenzo or Conti for an Italian right back. They'd probably cost a lot though.

Others could be Sime Vrsaljko, Noussair Mazraoui, Kévin Malcuit or Alessandro Florenzi for example.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/05/2020 at 22:41, asyraf91 said:

If you're looking for potential, then i'd recommend either Tomas Tavares (Benfica) or Dodo (Shakhtar) although Dodo is more than good enough to start.

Absolutely vouch for Tavares, really impressive. A bargain option is Zeki Celik who is also good.

I'll drop a few more names in the hat: Simon Asta (FC Ausberg) & Tomas Esteves (Porto)

Cheap and cheerful and willing to come to Brighton, so should be no bother for Juve or another big club. I've forgotten what level they were at out of the gate, but they are both POM-getters for me now in Season 4.